Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Before the end of day Sunday..
I gave in and purchased the star wars double pack.. wish there was a double pack for blaster master.. bundled it with shantae for whenever they will ship together is fine with me-

I played Zero(but not Zero 2) and its as good as the original NES. What I liked about it is that they finally gave you a reason(reward) to explore those other dungeons that you dont have to go into. Also the game isnt a 1 to 1 exact copy, so even though some levels will look and feel similar to the original they have change it up a little and added 1(or 2 i think) newer level.

Check out reviews in youtube, i believe all of them give the game positive reviews
I saw it's coming to psn on the 29th for 10 bucks a game. It looks pretty good but that's the route I'm going. If it were both games together I'd have bought it from lrg.

Alright, count me among those on the LRG train. Decided to pick one up Brigandine: CE before the pre-order runs out. I don't usually buy these super nice sets, but man, I have a feeling this one will be hard to come by in the future. The original PS1 game goes for 200-250 used these days. 

Anybody know what's up with Strictly Limited games? That Darius collection looks awesome, but looks like the page hasn't been updated in a while....

Anybody know what's up with Strictly Limited games? That Darius collection looks awesome, but looks like the page hasn't been updated in a while....
Not sure exactly what your question is, but yes they are legitimate. I've ordered from them several times without issue and they release about one game a month. They aren't fantastic with their ship estimates, but you could say the same (and then some) about LRG.

I had managed to hold off on LRG titles for a while. I even turned my nose up at the Jedi games. Those are PC games in my mind, I'd rather have them digitally from GoG. But Blaster Master brought me back, and I threw some Brigandine, Icey, and Shantae on the pile while I was at it. All standard editions of course. Still, they got me back to buy more.

I had managed to hold off on LRG titles for a while. I even turned my nose up at the Jedi games. Those are PC games in my mind, I'd rather have them digitally from GoG. But Blaster Master brought me back, and I threw some Brigandine, Icey, and Shantae on the pile while I was at it. All standard editions of course. Still, they got me back to buy more.
Have you played Icey? If you haven't, I'd exercise caution before hitting the purchase button. I found the experience to be pretty piss poor, what with it's awfully redundant gameplay, boring characters, and the most insufferable narrator one can imagine. However, if you have played it and enjoyed the experience, all the more power to you.

You know, I might've done this had they not just done the previous 'Samurai Shodown' releases, plus this will be free on the Epic Game Store.

From that tweet... there's this gem about SoR4:

"Standard editions will start shipping at the end of June/early July. Classic Editions will start at the end of August/early September (due to the SteelBook), and Limited Editions are expected to ship in the Fall. -L"

It'll be interesting if they can actually get it out in June ahead of the July 21st release date for the retail version.  Even if they do, I'm glad I waited.  Will be looking to Walmart for it when it comes out for that sweet discount.

Will Samurai Shodown collection come out as a standard edition in North America?
Yes: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/samurai-shodown-neogeo-collection-launches-june-11-for-pc-via-the-epic-games-store-june-18-via-steam-and-july-28-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection will launch for PC via the Epic Games Store on June 11 and Steam on June 18, and for PlayStation 4 and Switch digitally on July 28 for $39.99, publisher SNK and developer Digital Eclipse announced. A physical edition will follow for PlayStation 4 and Switch this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something? Thought that LRG already released Samurai Shodown V Special as a separate title and now they're releasing it (with SamSho I-IV and V Perfect) as another release?

Just seems like there wasn't really a point to the V Special release if that's the case.

Am I missing something? Thought that LRG already released Samurai Shodown V Special as a separate title and now they're releasing it (with SamSho I-IV and V Perfect) as another release?

Just seems like there wasn't really a point to the V Special release if that's the case.
Point was to make money off people, which Im sure they did as LRG buyers buy everythting they print hence so much shit they push out weekly and distro for other companies.

Point was to make money off people, which Im sure they did as LRG buyers buy everythting they print hence so much shit they push out weekly and distro for other companies.
Except we don't all buy everything, hence my comment and annoyance despite being a big SS fan. It can be argued that they are separate releases (speaking to SSV), but still.

This is why I rarely buy games that I feel should be on compilations. Beside I already have a similar compilation for PS2 and/or Wii.

I really wish LRG would release something else good before the Shantae pre-order window closes.   It's hard to justify shipping costs on just the one game.  I'd really like to bundle it with something else I want.  Unfortunately, aside from Hotline Miami, they havent released anything appealing (or reasonably priced) to me in the past few months. 

well i would like to buy Blaster Master Zero if they bundled it together as a collection instead of selling it separately for $30 each. thats how they get ur money.

I really wish LRG would release something else good before the Shantae pre-order window closes. It's hard to justify shipping costs on just the one game. I'd really like to bundle it with something else I want. Unfortunately, aside from Hotline Miami, they havent released anything appealing (or reasonably priced) to me in the past few months.
Yeah, the planets need to align more often than not for your request to happen, but it does from time to time, just depends on what your in to and what is being offered. All I mostly bought was Vita, and for the most part, they often had two games most days, which made the shipping better. But then when they had the chance to do two games together, they opted out to stretch shit till the end of time, which was another reason I swore LRG off. In the end, you may get a chance here and there for 2 or more buys on a release day, but unless your buying every release, it's not likely, that often.

I really wish LRG would release something else good before the Shantae pre-order window closes. It's hard to justify shipping costs on just the one game. I'd really like to bundle it with something else I want. Unfortunately, aside from Hotline Miami, they havent released anything appealing (or reasonably priced) to me in the past few months.
Is the new Shantae any good? It's a port of a mobile game, right?

Free shipping from BB is my route.

I asked about the LRG Shantae mega-bundle card situation and finally got a response, and this is honestly fucking stupid... 

I apologize for the confusion. The Mega-Bundle will have a total of 9 trading cards. 4 of them are in the card pack (1 card inside the pack will be gold) and the other 5 cards include: 4 of the loose Shantae cards (different from the trading card pack ones and 1 of which is guaranteed to be gold) and 1 random card.

What does that even mean? It comes with 1 card pack- which includes 4 cards (3 silver and 1 gold), 4 loose Shantae cards (meaning the random cards you guy when you buy their games, again 1 of which will be gold), and then... 1 random card?

The person responding makes no mention of the mega-bundle exclusive card. And it's honestly shitty that they couldn't be bothered to guarantee 4 gold/4 silver cards from the standard set. You could easily end up with multiples of the same card variant. 

I asked about the LRG Shantae mega-bundle card situation and finally got a response, and this is honestly fucking stupid...

I apologize for the confusion. The Mega-Bundle will have a total of 9 trading cards. 4 of them are in the card pack (1 card inside the pack will be gold) and the other 5 cards include: 4 of the loose Shantae cards (different from the trading card pack ones and 1 of which is guaranteed to be gold) and 1 random card.

What does that even mean? It comes with 1 card pack- which includes 4 cards (3 silver and 1 gold), 4 loose Shantae cards (meaning the random cards you guy when you buy their games, again 1 of which will be gold), and then... 1 random card?

The person responding makes no mention of the mega-bundle exclusive card. And it's honestly shitty that they couldn't be bothered to guarantee 4 gold/4 silver cards from the standard set. You could easily end up with multiples of the same card variant.
you get this card pack one of the 4 cards will be gold the other 3 will be silver

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/shantae-and-the-seven-sirens-trading-card-set-4-cards

then there is the trading cards for Shantae and the Seven Sirens that are different then the ones from the link above that will be given to people who buy Shantae and the Seven Sirens so how do you get multiples of the same card variant if all 8 Shantae and the Seven Sirens trading cards are different

you get this card pack one of the 4 cards will be gold the other 3 will be silver

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/shantae-and-the-seven-sirens-trading-card-set-4-cards

then there is the trading cards for Shantae and the Seven Sirens that are different then the ones from the link above that will be given to people who buy Shantae and the Seven Sirens so how do you get multiples of the same card variant if all 8 Shantae and the Seven Sirens trading cards are different
OH.... I get it now. There are two sets of cards for this game. Wow, why don't they just name the sets (standard set vs stand-alone set, game set vs store set, etc.). Also pretty sure she's wrong about the 9th card being one completely random card, I swear I saw it being a bundle exclusive card.

OH.... I get it now. There are two sets of cards for this game. Wow, why don't they just name the sets (standard set vs stand-alone set, game set vs store set, etc.). Also pretty sure she's wrong about the 9th card being one completely random card, I swear I saw it being a bundle exclusive card.
yah the 9th card will be a random card from a past game they always do that with the bundle sets

Not sure if anyone here can offer an opinion, but here goes: I adore Binding of Isaac and was slightly disappointed by Enter the Gungeon, should I give Wizard of Legend a try? More specifically, I love how the skills you find in Isaac generally build off of each other and I get annoyed by how the guns in Gungeon are just separate attacks that don't usually combo well with anything else you find (and way too many of them aren't fun to use). Most of the info I'm finding about Wizard of Legend is from back when it launched and I know it's been updated quite a bit since then, so it's tough to tell whether it plays more like Isaac or more like Gungeon. Any insight is appreciated!

Not sure if anyone here can offer an opinion, but here goes: I adore Binding of Isaac and was slightly disappointed by Enter the Gungeon, should I give Wizard of Legend a try? More specifically, I love how the skills you find in Isaac generally build off of each other and I get annoyed by how the guns in Gungeon are just separate attacks that don't usually combo well with anything else you find (and way too many of them aren't fun to use). Most of the info I'm finding about Wizard of Legend is from back when it launched and I know it's been updated quite a bit since then, so it's tough to tell whether it plays more like Isaac or more like Gungeon. Any insight is appreciated!
The game is all about combos and combining your Arcana. There are four different ones that your equip before your runs: basic, dash, standard and signature. Standard and signature magic attacks do have a cooldown meter that you need to pay attention to to get the most from your combos. You can mix and match them to your hearts desire from Fire, Air, Earth, Lightning, Water, and Chaos.

You earn money, not enough in my opinion sometimes, between runs to purchase different Arcana, Relics and outfits from the starting town hub. There is also a practice dummies in the hub so you can see what damage your combos can do. I will say that the game is very challenging and I never have completed a run but I really enjoyed it on PSN.

If you have an Xbox and gamepass it is available on gamepass so you could try it out. I think it is very different from Gungeon as I have played that as well. I find gungeon is more of a shooter. This is more of a beat'em up with magic attacks and combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is all about combos and combining your Arcana. There are four different ones that your equip before your runs: basic, dash, standard and signature. Standard and signature magic attacks do have a cooldown meter that you need to pay attention to to get the most from your combos. You can mix and match them to your hearts desire from Fire, Air, Earth, Lightning, Water, and Chaos.

You earn money, not enough in my opinion sometimes, between runs to purchase different Arcana, Relics and outfits from the starting town hub. There is also a practice dummies in the hub so you can see what damage your combos can do. I will say that the game is very challenging and I never have completed a run but I really enjoyed it on PSN.

If you have an Xbox and gamepass it is available on gamepass so you could try it out. I think it is very different from Gungeon as I have played that as well. I find gungeon is more of a shooter. This is more of a beat'em up with magic attacks and combinations.
This was really helpful, thank you!

Did they ever say anything more about the extra case you got for buying all 4 of the jak and daxter games from them?
Pretty sure they've said as much about that as they have the bonus vita game for those that bought all (or most) of the vita releases. But I don't follow all the various ways they communicate so maybe someone else has heard something.

Did they ever say anything more about the extra case you got for buying all 4 of the jak and daxter games from them?
They said they aren't going to mail those out (implying that they have them in stock) until the final Jak CE comes in. And after COVID there's seemingly no idea when that might be.

I FINALLY got email confirmation that my copy of Fu'un Super Combo Classic Edition has shipped and will be here on Friday. I ordered back in November.....Sheesh

bread's done
Back