Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Got my order of Atooi Collection CE and Seek Hearts in.  Was thinking about picking up another Atooi for a future possible trade, but decided against it.

Forgot about Atooi this morning. Will have to set an alarm and try tonight.

I did get the SC5 and Grandia HD in one order.

Honestly for the few hours I played it the port of Grandia HD played decently enough. The game feels kind of boring now though. My nostalgia is not clouding it. The battle system is still good. I was just bored playing it. It's playable at least.

Forgot about Atooi this morning. Will have to set an alarm and try tonight.

I did get the SC5 and Grandia HD in one order.
You should be able to grab a copy easily. First batch took over 2 hours to sell out. CE is still in stock. Sold a lot slower than I thought it would.

You should be able to grab a copy easily. First batch took over 2 hours to sell out. CE is still in stock. Sold a lot slower than I thought it would.
Yeah. I thought this would be more like the Axion Verge Wii U release (i.e. one of the last new releases on the system). Seems like people have lost interest in 3DS titles now

If Best Buy's deal with LRG is non-returnable and their profit margin on MSRP is less than 100%, that is one crazy deal that makes even less sense to me than it did before. I've always assumed that LRG wasn't going to allow returns since they sold this Best Buy deal as BB ordering units just like the customer, except with a price break on qty. But, if the retailer's cost is that high, I have no idea why this would be worth the risk.

It must work since they keep doing it. But, my local stores must really not be representative of how well these games move elsewhere.
Games not being returnable isn't unique to LRG. Most times you see a game as a deal of the day it's to offload something they bought too much of. LRG just isn't helping them with a kickback when they put their stuff on sale to move through stock.

You should buy it now if you really want it. It's not going to go clearance and they probably have very few left company wide.

Yeah. I thought this would be more like the Axion Verge Wii U release (i.e. one of the last new releases on the system). Seems like people have lost interest in 3DS titles now
Well, the AV situation did have a "villain" in that story, which in turn made others want to support that particular situation. This was just an uber late release that would have been a hard sell if offered when first announced, and now it's shelf life has expired for most.

So Best Buy has the LRG edition of Yooka Laylee still available for $50. What are the odds of scoring it cheaper at any point?
I've been watching this one for a very very long time and it hasn't budged or been on sale. I keep an eye on it, though. It'll probably go on "clearance" for $45 or $40 at some point and stay like that for a year.

It's been over 4 months since the Panzer Dragoon Remake pre-order and I've heard absolutely nothing about it since. I look it up every once in a while and keep coming up short.

Is this a normal occurrence with LRG? I've seen them announce/release all sorts of titles since then. The Panzer Dragoon Remake and Forever Entertainment Twitter accounts haven't shared any new info either.

It's been over 4 months since the Panzer Dragoon Remake pre-order and I've heard absolutely nothing about it since. I look it up every once in a while and keep coming up short.
Is this a normal occurrence with LRG? I've seen them announce/release all sorts of titles since then. The Panzer Dragoon Remake and Forever Entertainment Twitter accounts haven't shared any new info either.
Yes. Very...very...very common. Don't aak us how long we waited for Skullgirls.

You have to follow both limitedRunGames Twitter and Josh's Twitter (including comments for both) to get most of their updates. They really should be emailing updates to customers on delays, or at least updating games pages with delay reasons.

Panzer Dragoon was delayed to make sure the huge patch that fixed a bunch of stuff was included on the cart. Proof here:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1285030320291680257?s=20

Last edited by a moderator:
A new patch was announced for the Grandia collection and LRG confirmed it will be on the cart. As far as I can tell there are no details regarding exactly what fixes are included in the patch, though. I'd love to go in for this one, but if the games we're getting on Switch aren't even on par with what you'd get from emulating them I don't see the point. Hopefully the patch gives this collection a boost.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1291973046731931648?s=19

Mmmmm... the collectors editions for X-Wing and Tie-Fighter are tasty. I'm not sure if I'll be on board for these, but very tempting. I still have my original copies of those games, as well as digital copies from at least one on-line store. (GOG, I believe) So I have ample access to those classic titles. But those are two of my favorite Star Wars titles of all time. And with a decent flight yoke, they are still a blast to play.

Samurai Jack CE looks cool, but I'd rather play the game before 2022 so I'll pass.

Joking aside, the ship times are honestly deterring me from buying some of the games, and the CEs have even more atrocious shipping times. 2022 may be a joke but I don't expect anything they sell for the rest of the year to ship in 2020.

I'm not crazy about the price, but that's a decent CE, in my opinion. A statue, physical soundtrack, mini-sword (even if it is a "letter opener" and a poster that isn't just a regurgitation of the cover art. I'll have to quickly check out 'Samurai Jack' on HBO Max to see if I like the show enough.

Holy shit mine actually shipped out too. When I got the email I just assumed they had only printed the label and wouldn't get around to shipping it for another month. That's a nice surprise.

Is there any rhyme or reason to LRG updating their calendar? I know it's silly but I'm for sure getting Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Grandia HD but would like to know the first few September month long pre-orders so I know if I should wait to combine shipping.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1293925716598435840?s=20
Neo City Riders has been on my wishlist so I will pick this up next week with Samurai Jack. I am waiting for a review on Samurai Jack before I preorder. It looks great but it might not be we will see.

I picked up Yaga PS4 this morning. Surprised it was in stock for a few minutes this morning with the small print run.

I went back and forth on the collector's edition of 'Samurai Jack' all week, but would also like to see some reviews. A couple of the gameplay videos and interviews with accompanying gameplay made it look pretty alright, there seems to be quite a bit of variety in levels, but I'm not sold. I'm not quite halfway through the second season, and am enjoying it, but it hasn't convinced me to pay $130 for it (or even the $50 for the regular physical release).

If anything, both the Switch and PS4 still have collector's editions available, so people including myself can still ponder over it.

So my Atooi Collection came in the mail today.

That was quick! Almost too quick.

No trading card, newsletter, anything, just the game in a purple bubble mailer.

bread's done
Back