Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I went back and forth on the collector's edition of 'Samurai Jack' all week, but would also like to see some reviews. A couple of the gameplay videos and interviews with accompanying gameplay made it look pretty alright, there seems to be quite a bit of variety in levels, but I'm not sold. I'm not quite halfway through the second season, and am enjoying it, but it hasn't convinced me to pay $130 for it (or even the $50 for the regular physical release).

If anything, both the Switch and PS4 still have collector's editions available, so people including myself can still ponder over it.
stop being fomo about it. the CE is catered for folks who have been fans when the show still aired. if you liked/wanted it bad enough, you would have ordered it already regardless of whether it sold out in the AM or not.

stop being fomo about it. the CE is catered for folks who have been fans when the show still aired. if you liked/wanted it bad enough, you would have ordered it already regardless of whether it sold out in the AM or not.
I'm not convinced on the game in general. If I was, I would've ordered it already. The game looks promising from what I've seen with some sidescrolling and verticality, but I also have a feeling it's going to be mostly empty arena style areas.

I am super disappointed in the Collector's Editions for TIE Fighter and X-Wing.  These are easily 2 of my top 5 PC games of my childhood and I have been looking forward to them since being announced last summer.  The boxart on some of the Lucasarts games are so boring! The unique blackbox releases like Star Wars NES, Rebel Assault, Empire Strikes Back NES, etc. are amazing looking on a shelf.  I was hoping for these 2 games to get releases in that format and not these plain Rebel and Imperial logo boxes  =/  The original bigbox versions have great boxart - why not just replicate that at least?

I don't know why don't order more of their games. They always sell out if they get the right amount and aren't full priced like Yooka and Power Rangers.

So my Atooi Collection came in the mail today.
That was quick! Almost too quick.
No trading card, newsletter, anything, just the game in a purple bubble mailer.
Good evening!
Due to a production issue the Atooi Collection trading cards were not complete when anticipated. So as to avoid a shipping delay we have shipped out all of the standard copy orders that were ready to go and your trading card(s) will be sent in a followup shipment as soon as those have come in. Nothing needs to be done on your end.

--
Cheers,

Sarah Elliott
Limited Run Games
Customer Support Supervisor

Has there been any word, since April, about reprinting Mary Skelter? It was supposed to be a summer release, but I haven't caught any mention of it.

LRG

"We will start shipping Streets of Rage 4 around mid august, 1 month after the retail release of the game, which you could have bought at retail for cheaper and with no hassle"

coming up to late august, and nothing.

I don't trust these shitheads any more for anything, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the Shockbox version of Last Blade 2 and Neon City Riders. NCR seems like a fun game.
I picked up Neon City Riders and last week I got Yaga. The first two PS4 games I bought in a long while.

Both of these games have been on my Switch wishlist so I'm surprised they didn't do a Switch release for both.

LRG

"We will start shipping Streets of Rage 4 around mid august, 1 month after the retail release of the game, which you could have bought at retail for cheaper and with no hassle"

Well I'm not getting my copy of at least another 8 weeks since I ordered it with Panzer Dragoon.

I got an email stating:

"We held back production of the Panzer Dragoon physical in order to include the 1.3 patch on cart. The dev team is currently working on making this patch compatible with the physical format, and we expect to move onto the next step of production very soon. All in all, we expect to ship in about eight weeks."

LRG

I don't trust these shitheads any more for anything, ever.
Wait, did they actually say the latter part of that sentence? Or did you add that for effect?

Well I'm not getting my copy of at least another 8 weeks since I ordered it with Panzer Dragoon.

I got an email stating:

"We held back production of the Panzer Dragoon physical in order to include the 1.3 patch on cart. The dev team is currently working on making this patch compatible with the physical format, and we expect to move onto the next step of production very soon. All in all, we expect to ship in about eight weeks."
Remember to blame Sega for that one. They rushed the game out when it was still clearly unfinished so they could launch it alongside a Nintendo Direct and the dev team had to scramble for weeks to patch it up. The 1.3 patch is the one that actually makes the game fun.

Honestly, people should know the routine by now. Only buy the LRG copy if you're truly interested in having a limited physical version. If you're worried about playing something day 1, avoid LRG at all costs.

I get the frustrations, but it's nothing new

Remember to blame Sega for that one. They rushed the game out when it was still clearly unfinished so they could launch it alongside a Nintendo Direct and the dev team had to scramble for weeks to patch it up. The 1.3 patch is the one that actually makes the game fun.
Yeah, you should be thankful they are including the patch. That way you have the full, fixed game without the need to download anything. I’d rather wait a year and get a full game. I kind of wished I had purchased this, I thought they were going to print it without the patches so I passed on it.

Yeah, you should be thankful they are including the patch. That way you have the full, fixed game without the need to download anything. I’d rather wait a year and get a full game. I kind of wished I had purchased this, I thought they were going to print it without the patches so I passed on it.
You still have a chance, Best Buy is supposed to be carrying this .

Yea, I can care less about playing it right now. I have probably 100 games I haven't even opened that I could be playing. I care that it is a physical copy that can join the games that are also unopened.

I wish this was sarcasm, but it is not. If I wanted to play something immediately I'd pop over to eshop/steam/whatever, but I don't want a digital copy. It's not like you have thousands of people posting spoilers about it to deal with even.

Found a sealed copy of Deliver us the Moon at a local game store.  Had been looking for it for a while, didn't know it was a LRG.  No insane mark up that these places usually do, paid the same cost as listed on the site.  Only 600 produced.

Anyone else pick some of this stuff up out in the wild or is it all through the LRG site and Ebay?

Found a sealed copy of Deliver us the Moon at a local game store. Had been looking for it for a while, didn't know it was a LRG. No insane mark up that these places usually do, paid the same cost as listed on the site. Only 600 produced.

Anyone else pick some of this stuff up out in the wild or is it all through the LRG site and Ebay?
It's not an LRG release. It was a distribution title and many more than 600 were produced as it's available at major retailers like Amazon and Best Buy as well. The CE with an ESRB game was exclusive to LRG.

It's not an LRG release. It was a distribution title and many more than 600 were produced as it's available at major retailers like Amazon and Best Buy as well. The CE with an ESRB game was exclusive to LRG.
It's already on clearance at Best Buy despite coming out last week.

Is there a way to disable the text message verification for Shopify? It's really annoying... and I can imagine it'll just result in me missing stuff during high demand games. 

I first got this during Vblank's store I think and now it's in every Shopify store. I thought it was a one time thing. 

Is there a way to disable the text message verification for Shopify? It's really annoying... and I can imagine it'll just result in me missing stuff during high demand games.

I first got this during Vblank's store I think and now it's in every Shopify store. I thought it was a one time thing.
You'd rather put in your info manually?

You'd rather put in your info manually?
No, not my shipping/payment info- it texts me a "verification code" every time I try to check out. Even though I'm checking out from the same computer that I've always used. Just like banks/credit card companies do if they ever see you log-in from a new computer/location.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not my shipping/payment info- it texts me a "verification code" every time I try to check out. Even though I'm checking out from the same computer that I've always used. Just like banks/credit card companies do if they ever see you log-in from a new computer/location.
Are you using a VPN?

No, just my normal computer- same internet and everything. No other sites are giving me verification codes. I take it this isn't normal since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.
It sounds like a credit card/bank issue. Like they flagged the site for some reason. Have you tried using a different credit card?

I used to have this same issue, and it started once with a LRG release, and I never did figure it out, but I think it has to do with being logged in to "google" or some other like type account. As I think it's some kind of express checkout feature, and once you use it the first time, it just defaults to that method when using Shopify. At first I thought I had to use it to check out, but it was only for use for that particular check out method(code is sent for security check), and so long as I ignored it, I could check out by whatever other method I chose.

So for a few weeks, I thought it was going to be an issue, but it never turned in to one, but I also stopped shopping with LRG, so it became a non issue either way. I haven't used a Shopify site in a long time, but each time I do, it normally gives me that code request crap, and I just ignore it, unless that is the way I'm choosing to check out.

It sounds like a credit card/bank issue. Like they flagged the site for some reason. Have you tried using a different credit card?
Don't think so- have used PayPal always.

I used to have this same issue, and it started once with a LRG release, and I never did figure it out, but I think it has to do with being logged in to "google" or some other like type account. As I think it's some kind of express checkout feature, and once you use it the first time, it just defaults to that method when using Shopify. At first I thought I had to use it to check out, but it was only for use for that particular check out method(code is sent for security check), and so long as I ignored it, I could check out by whatever other method I chose.

So for a few weeks, I thought it was going to be an issue, but it never turned in to one, but I also stopped shopping with LRG, so it became a non issue either way. I haven't used a Shopify site in a long time, but each time I do, it normally gives me that code request crap, and I just ignore it, unless that is the way I'm choosing to check out.
Hm... this is a good point. I know what you're talking about, I hate that thing and I'm pretty sure I always hit the X but maybe I missed it this time.

I just hope this doesn't become an issue with the Shantae GBC reprint. I already own the original but the game itself is a personal favorite and def want it.

bread's done
Back