Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
LRG does a huge holiday sale WHILE

Shantae 1 & 2

Production Status: In Production
Estimated Ship Date: Q4 2020

CURRENT DATE: January 3rd 2021

I only ended up grabbing Nex Machina (PS4), Bloodstained (Switch), Blasphemous (Switch), River City Girls (Switch), Blazing Chrome (Switch), and Hyper Light Drifter (Switch).

You know, I'm kind of surprised some YouTuber or something hasn't called them out yet. Or at least, not that I've heard of... which isn't saying much since I don't really do social media.
At this point I think it'd even rise to the level of mid-tier gaming outlets like Giant Bomb/Kotaku/etc. if anyone bothered to do a real expose. Outside of their Discord, which is a giant echo chamber, public sentiment has really swayed in 2019/2020. I'm honestly a little surprised nobody picked up on this considering how Reddit posts often make news on mid-tier outlets.

You know, I'm kind of surprised some YouTuber or something hasn't called them out yet. Or at least, not that I've heard of... which isn't saying much since I don't really do social media.
That's a very good point. I'm surprised that someone like Kotaku hasn't run an editorial on them by now. Or that a group of people hasn't gotten together to create an exposure thread about their ethics on Resetera.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very good point. I'm surprised that someone like Kotaku hasn't run an editorial on them by now. Or that a group of people hasn't gotten together to create an exposure thread about their ethics on Resetera.
Expose on what exactly? I mean, if this was still 2015/2016 and they were making the switch from having product in hand to taking preorders with 100+ products awaiting shipment, there might be some outrage. As it stands, this has been their business model for 3+ years now and people get it. If you don't have an issue with it, you keep buying from them. The people that can't handle the delays have long since stopped buying from them, although annoyingly still post in this thread.

I don't think so. There seems to be a hell of a trend towards negativity with lrg. Not just here but reddit as well. People were annoyed before, but it seems like the last 3 months or so has gone from annoyed to active dislike. There was always people bitching but now it's definitely a minority. Even their facebook page which used to be the worst circle jerk of them all has turned snarky.

I don't think so. There seems to be a hell of a trend towards negativity with lrg. Not just here but reddit as well. People were annoyed before, but it seems like the last 3 months or so has gone from annoyed to active dislike. There was always people bitching but now it's definitely a minority. Even their facebook page which used to be the worst circle jerk of them all has turned snarky.
Meh, don't confuse social media with the real world. You'd be surprised at how many of the same people that complain here complain on other social media platforms and yet continue to buy from LRG. Again, other than the delays and a couple of specific complaints about a few specific releases, I'm not seeing anything that rises to the level of being worthy of an expose. The reality is that people are continuing to get what they paid for and until that stops, their business will be fine. Heck, they have added Amazon to Best Buy as retail partners in the past few months and numerous smaller publishers are now using them to distribute their titles. Not exactly a sign of a lack of confidence.

LRG to me just lost the fun and coolness in my opinion from when it started when it blew some peoples' minds about making physical copies of digital only games. They were the only thing in town, had copies in hand (awesome!), and frankly chose some good games early on. They still release good games now and then of course, but so do many, many others. Obviously some deserve preservation like Grandia HD collection and such. Most of the time now I just think eh I'll just pay cheap digital and not really care about these physical carts anymore. It also helped early on that Vita was getting a lot of love, and they were doing awesome things. Just lost a lot of that, and sometimes shovelwared their releases with some not amazing games. I just don't really care anymore, and the games feel too expensive when you consider the price plus shipping. Some hold their value, but frankly games are made to be played and not just collected IMHO. Now with their massive delays on releases, they may as well be a Kickstarter where you pay for stuff and it releases quite a bit later, and by the time you get it into your hand you likely don't care as much and it's old news by then.

Meh, don't confuse social media with the real world. You'd be surprised at how many of the same people that complain here complain on other social media platforms and yet continue to buy from LRG. Again, other than the delays and a couple of specific complaints about a few specific releases, I'm not seeing anything that rises to the level of being worthy of an expose. The reality is that people are continuing to get what they paid for and until that stops, their business will be fine. Heck, they have added Amazon to Best Buy as retail partners in the past few months and numerous smaller publishers are now using them to distribute their titles. Not exactly a sign of a lack of confidence.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/koqfsl/ship_date_roundup_january_2021/

Someone else took up the mantle of posts I used to make here on Reddit. They started in September and almost every single LRG title was delayed from the date it was expected in September (many of which in and of themselves were delayed/"updated" dates). I'd say shipping millions of dollars of product months late with no update is enough for an expose, but what do I know.

To your points, though, I will give you that they're probably going to be fine as a company. Negative press or no, they sell thousands of games every week. Even this thread, which is pretty negative toward LRG these days, posted a few pages worth of comments about buying stuff on their blowout sale. Stuff keeps selling, they keep making money, there's no reason for them to break status quo. Hell, negative press might give them more customers if it gets their name out further because their products are obviously appealing to people.

As far as customers' perceptions - the Internet forms echo chambers. The LRG Discord is full of people clamoring over the company. Reddit's soured, this thread has soured, and apparently Facebook's starting to sour. Nowhere's truly objective, but I do think the overall sentiment has become more negative. However, that means jack squat when sales are as strong as they are and the same people complaining about the company. Opinions aren't translating into lower sales, people aren't voting with their wallets, etc.

All fads come to an end.  Frankly I'm surprised that it has lasted as long as it has. It just goes to show you how many 80's kids there are with tons of disposable income now.  The action figure scene is reflecting the same thing, and also in its  golden age.  Plus just look at how much money people waste on Funko Pops, the lowest of the low.

There are several "Super Rare Games" companies now plus we've already moved on to the next generation of new AAA games.  For avid gamers there are so many other interesting things to buy instead.  It's mostly just the collector-hoarder types now. 

All fads come to an end. Frankly I'm surprised that it has lasted as long as it has. It just goes to show you how many 80's kids there are with tons of disposable income now. The action figure scene is reflecting the same thing, and also in its golden age. Plus just look at how much money people waste on Funko Pops, the lowest of the low.

There are several "Super Rare Games" companies now plus we've already moved on to the next generation of new AAA games. For avid gamers there are so many other interesting things to buy instead. It's mostly just the collector-hoarder types now.
And? I mean you are literally in a thread with a focus on one specific limited game company. What does that say about you that you have such loathing for something that makes some other people happy that you feel the need to continue to spend time in this thread and criticize something they enjoy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/koqfsl/ship_date_roundup_january_2021/

Someone else took up the mantle of posts I used to make here on Reddit. They started in September and almost every single LRG title was delayed from the date it was expected in September (many of which in and of themselves were delayed/"updated" dates). I'd say shipping millions of dollars of product months late with no update is enough for an expose, but what do I know.

To your points, though, I will give you that they're probably going to be fine as a company. Negative press or no, they sell thousands of games every week. Even this thread, which is pretty negative toward LRG these days, posted a few pages worth of comments about buying stuff on their blowout sale. Stuff keeps selling, they keep making money, there's no reason for them to break status quo. Hell, negative press might give them more customers if it gets their name out further because their products are obviously appealing to people.

As far as customers' perceptions - the Internet forms echo chambers. The LRG Discord is full of people clamoring over the company. Reddit's soured, this thread has soured, and apparently Facebook's starting to sour. Nowhere's truly objective, but I do think the overall sentiment has become more negative. However, that means jack squat when sales are as strong as they are and the same people complaining about the company. Opinions aren't translating into lower sales, people aren't voting with their wallets, etc.
Fair points, but frankly, I don't think this thread or many others on other platforms are anywhere near as negative as they were a few years ago. I mean when LRG was barely doing any open preorders, there was constant hate here and elsewhere from people that had missed out on releases or accused them of releasing bad games while others didn't get a release. There were attacks about how they weren't doing enough to stop scalpers or didn't give enough notice of releases. Almost all of the negativity now is about delivery delays and lack of communication about those delays. I mean, I understand and I guess if I was a scalper or someone who had to have games in a certain delivery window for some reason, I might be more concerned.

As it stands, I'm just happy they continue to offer so many releases and so many choices outside of mainstream publishers. I also appreciate that they are a US based company and from all appearances treat their employees well and that the owners actually seem to enjoy video games.

And? I mean you are literally in a thread with a focus on one specific limited game company. What does that say about you that you have such loathing for something that makes some other people happy that you feel the need to continue to spend time in this thread and criticize something they enjoy?
Where else would you expect people to criticize a company run by shit bags than in their company thread

Of course LRG's discord would be positive, it's an echo chamber. Literally the entire open internet that's not in their echo chamber is frustrated with the company.

Space Channel 5 VR is also in the Q4 2020 limbo, and my streets of rage 4 CE has a tracking number but has been waiting to be picked up by UPS since last monday. I just want to get those 2 orders so I can be free of this bullshit

Well, mentally healthy people don't spend all of their time posting on Internet forums about companies they don't buy products from.
Considering how many posts you've made defending them and how much time you've sunken into their defense, the irony of you being the one to post this is truly and incredulously overwhelming. Thanks for the laugh.

Considering how many posts you've made defending them and how much time you've sunken into their defense, the irony of you being the one to post this is truly and incredulously overwhelming. Thanks for the laugh.
I've never hid the fact that I have been buying from them, as well as all the other companies from the beginning. I like the products they sell and I have always received what I ordered. As such, it makes sense that I would be posting in a thread that was intended to be a place to share information about new releases from this company. What doesn't make sense is that people that allegedly stopped buying from them years ago are constantly posting here when they have no first hand knowledge of the current situation nor anything of value to contribute to the discussion. I mean there are lots of collectibles that make zero sense to me and which I wouldn't have in my home even if they were free. It doesn't mean I join threads to attack the companies that sell them or the people that collect them. There are just a lot more important things to do in life without intentionally setting out to crap all over the things other people like that I may not.

Well, mentally healthy people don't spend all of their time posting on Internet forums about companies they don't buy products from.
entire post history shilling for limited run games.

go tell your company if they spent half as much time updating their customers than they did sock puppeting on internet forums that their company might not carry the EA equivalent reputation of video game retailers

entire post history shilling for limited run games.

go tell your company if they spent half as much time updating their customers than they did sock puppeting on internet forums that their company might not carry the EA equivalent reputation of video game retailers
I wish LRG was "my" company. I imagine you do too which is why you spend so much time bitching about your order of two items, one of which is already in transit to you. This might shock you, but some of us are grownups and understand that not everything in life is perfect and not all gratification in life is instant.

For those that bought Game Tengoku - all of the promised DLC isn't on disc. Supposedly there will be replacement discs but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Seems really shady of them to sell it knowing that there are issues with it.
That's pretty messed up to still sell that game without a disclaimer and price reduction to reflect the cost of the missing dlc. gross.

I wish LRG was "my" company. I imagine you do too which is why you spend so much time bitching about your order of two items, one of which is already in transit to you. This might shock you, but some of us are grownups and understand that not everything in life is perfect and not all gratification in life is instant.
It's literally not in transit though. LRG created the shipping label last monday and hasn't even dropped it off at UPS. UPS is still awaiting the item. Not only do they fail at customer communication, they apparently fail at simple things, like fulfilment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most adults don't spend their time trolling other people's mental well-being on gaming blogs. Most of us follow these threads because we are passionate about videogames and collecting. I enjoy reading everyone's opinions, whether I agree or not, but the personal attacks have always been unacceptable IMHO.

However, that means jack squat when sales are as strong as they are and the same people complaining about the company. Opinions aren't translating into lower sales, people aren't voting with their wallets, etc.
That's because they hold a weird monopoly over their catalog. Want some of these titles as physical? Well, tough shit, you have to pre-order through LRG during their time window. And don't say get them from Best Buy because that only works for a handful of high profile Switch titles. You're definitely screwed if you favor Sony like me. LRG says devs are free to reprint their titles elsewhere but how often do you actually see this happen? The FOMO limited print has sadly become part of the life cycle of indie games now. The only thing raising awareness would do would be to maybe shame some devs into choosing a different print company to work with, like iam8bit, but they all have massive delays and poor communication.

I'd prefer if we transitioned to a print on demand type mentality since it's more consumer friendly but sadly that ship sailed long ago. We'll be all digital soon which is even worse from a consumer standpoint.

Most adults don't spend their time trolling other people's mental well-being on gaming blogs. Most of us follow these threads because we are passionate about videogames and collecting. I enjoy reading everyone's opinions, whether I agree or not, but the personal attacks have always been unacceptable IMHO.
It was not meant as a personal attack, but rather a statement of opinion with a sincere hope that the individual would get some help or at least take a break from here as it seems only to be fueling the unhealthy obsession with a company that is not capable of providing the love and attention this individual so desperately wants. I agree with you that personal attacks have no place here and that includes claims that people are schills for companies simply because they say supportive things about that company or that people are idiots for making purchases from a particular company. I mean, I have no issues with others sharing their experiences or opinions about things they have actually experienced regardless of whether I share those opinions or not. I do have an issue with people that have literally not done any business with a company for years piling on when they have no first hand knowledge and no basis for those opinions.

It was not meant as a personal attack, but rather a statement of opinion with a sincere hope that the individual would get some help or at least take a break from here as it seems only to be fueling the unhealthy obsession with a company that is not capable of providing the love and attention this individual so desperately wants. I agree with you that personal attacks have no place here and that includes claims that people are schills for companies simply because they say supportive things about that company or that people are idiots for making purchases from a particular company. I mean, I have no issues with others sharing their experiences or opinions about things they have actually experienced regardless of whether I share those opinions or not. I do have an issue with people that have literally not done any business with a company for years piling on when they have no first hand knowledge and no basis for those opinions.
I hear you... I believe most of us are here for the purpose of sharing real experiences or opinions. I just think it's more productive to not engage the outliers, since doing so seems to throw the conversation off course, and we really have no place judging other people's backgrounds or intentions on a social media platform. Even IF some people come here solely to troll and shitpost, they are literally doing it for attention, which should be easy enough to ignore.

Almost copied-and-pasted exactly from the last time you dealt with someone unpleased with LRG lol.

"Love and Attention" ? I'm asking for like..extremely minimalistic business expectations.

..no basis? I could show you the tracking number at this point that UPS is still awaiting the dropoff for 7 days, but at this point i'd assume the company would just not ship my order out of spite since i've whined on an internet forum ( or maybe that's what's going on ). You don't know what I have and haven't bought from LRG, lol, nor will you know what I won't buy in the future at this rate

Almost copied-and-pasted exactly from the last time you dealt with someone unpleased with LRG lol.

"Love and Attention" ? I'm asking for like..extremely minimalistic business expectations.

..no basis? I could show you the tracking number at this point that UPS is still awaiting the dropoff for 7 days, but at this point i'd assume the company would just not ship my order out of spite since i've whined on an internet forum ( or maybe that's what's going on ). You don't know what I have and haven't bought from LRG, lol, nor will you know what I won't buy in the future at this rate
https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1341813706938863616?s=21

I know this might be shocking as you seem a bit fixated on yourself, but I was not referring to you. I was referring to someone on this forum who continues to post attacks on the owners of LRG simply because they used to interact with some of the CAGs here and eventually stopped doing so when the tenor here became overly negative. He continues to believe that they somehow owe him something and that without him, their business wouldn't exist.

As for your shipping issue, I can only share that I have had similar issues with LRG and many other retailers over the past few months. While it could be that they haven't actually handed off the package, it could also be that UPS simply hasn't updated the tracking since LRG generally uses UPS Mail Innovations which is a lower cost, lower priority service. USPS is still trying to recover from Covid and the holidays and is still down thousands of postal workers. UPS is the same, although seems to be catching up more quickly. If the tracking doesn't update or the game isn't delivered in a week or two, I would recommend contacting their customer service team. I've personally had some recent surprise deliveries from LRG and several national retailers recently where the tracking never updated, but the packages showed up at my door within a few days of the shipping confirmation.

Why defend a company that doesn't even care anymore on delays and slacks hard? Is it worth the trouble
What makes you think they "don't care anymore"? I mean, whether you believe it or not, it doesn't do LRG or any company any good to have even a small number of very vocal customers and former customers complaining. The reality is that Covid has played into delays this past year that compounded the existing delays. I mean, even Amazon and Best Buy had significant delivery challenges for months. The fact that all of the other limited release companies, including established companies like Iam8Bit, Special Reserve, Strictly Limited, etc... have hit significant delays as well is an indication that Covid did have an impact as Sony and Nintendo personnel have been working from home and replication facilities have slowed down and printing and manufacturing of materials both domestically and in China and steelbooks internationally has become more complex. I mean, I have friends that work for other limited release companies not in the video game space and I can tell you that it's not just about not being able to have more than a couple shipping personnel in indoor spaces to package things due to Covid restrictions or the fact that UPS prioritized larger clients over smaller ones over the past few months. Every single aspect of manufacturing and delivering physical goods has been harder this year and no amount of anger or misplaced belief that LRG doesn't care changes that.

It's no longer needed in hindsight to see you are defending this company hard,even if they push out CEs with the only way to even obtain certain games(Shenmue 3 Complete Edition being a prime example)while screwing others who don't want to spend more on useless stuff that's not needed

It's no longer needed in hindsight to see you are defending this company hard,even if they push out CEs with the only way to even obtain certain games(Shenmue 3 Complete Edition being a prime example)while screwing others who don't want to spend more on useless stuff that's not needed
Not sure what that has to do with shipping delays, but ok.

I think that I'll order Panzer Dragoon Classic edition so that I can renew my license to bitch about them for another year if that's alright with your gatekeeping standards.  Apparently having ordered 100+ games from them in the past is not high enough lvl street cred on the C.A.G. 

What's the reward for being the biggest LRG simp for three consecutive years running?  Signed gold mousepad from Josh?  Motorboat Doug's buttocks?

I think that I'll order Panzer Dragoon Classic edition so that I can renew my license to bitch about them for another year if that's alright with your gatekeeping standards. Apparently having ordered 100+ games from them in the past is not high enough lvl street cred on the C.A.G.

What's the reward for being the biggest LRG simp for three consecutive years running? Signed gold mousepad from Josh? Motorboat Doug's buttocks?
I will allow it but I'm going to need to see a proof of purchase

Why defend a company that doesn't even care anymore on delays and slacks hard? Is it worth the trouble
Shilling (gotta make that money), Trolling (desperate for attention), is just Gullible (Actually believes every word the company has fed them), or they just don't care as much as you do about gaming.

The best way to deal with such people is just ignore them. IF that seems hard to do, then go into your user setting (use link, or another way is use the notifications button in the upper right and select all notifications)... then select 'Ignore' Preferences from the menu and add that person to your block list. Their post will show as a blocked post which you can temporarily unbock and read... or just ignore. But at least by default you won't see them unless someone quotes one of them. But it's something. Ultimately all these people want is your attention.

Shilling (gotta make that money), Trolling (desperate for attention), is just Gullible (Actually believes every word the company has fed them), or they just don't care as much as you do about gaming.

The best way to deal with such people is just ignore them. IF that seems hard to do, then go into your user setting (use link, or another way is use the notifications button in the upper right and select all notifications)... then select 'Ignore' Preferences from the menu and add that person to your block list. Their post will show as a blocked post which you can temporarily unbock and read... or just ignore. But at least by default you won't see them unless someone quotes one of them. But it's something. Ultimately all these people want is your attention.
Oh, the irony....

bread's done
Back