Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I just like how they keep announcing new orders/releases while I'm sitting here with my hand around my **** waiting for my already delayed shantae releases. f*cking hell with this company

Got my Ys Origin CE finally! And I have to admit, it arrived in perfect condition, so I'm quite pleased. But still, LRG is going to have to have something really spectacular for me to order from them again (I think it's safe to say they'll get the Hades physical edition, so just kill me now).

I didn't get any gold points for the cartridge, so I guess that issue was never fixed. Oh well.

Now to find a place for my new Ys Origin poster :)

What's the chances KOF2002um pops up for sale anywhere else?
This is the first distribution SNK game they've done, and best buy as never sold any lrg + SNK game before.

Is Limited Run actually re-printing a game?

Just got an e-mail from them saying they were doing an open preorder Switch and PS4 version of Knights & Bikes this Friday. Thought the PS4 one came and went. Garbage game regardless just thought it was odd.

Just got an e-mail from them saying they were doing an open preorder Switch and PS4 version of Knights & Bikes this Friday. Thought the PS4 one came and went. Garbage game regardless just thought it was odd.
No, it's Switch only this time, at least based on the store listings. Looks like they made an error in that e-mail as there isn't even a link for the Switch version and the PS4 link goes to the sold out listing for the PS4 version from January.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Garbage"? I get if it isn't your thing, but "garbage"? Nah. I enjoyed every minute of it.

"It looks like the import beats LRG this time around. Also, remember when KOF 2002 and KOF 2003 were released as a budget release in one package way back on the PS2 and Xbox? Pepperidge Farm remembers."

KOF 2002 and KOF 2002UM are vastly different games. 2kUM is a vast reworking with different backgrounds, more animations, rebalanced gameplay, new OST, etc. 

I have the ps2 02/03 disc but 2002um is a different game. It was never localized in North America for a playstation console and never made physical at all in the usa either. I've been waiting for 2002UM for a long while. Now I only wait for SNK vs Capcom Chaos for US playstation to be happy.

Got Ys Origin CE in and I'm keeping it sealed for now.  The box looks off for some reason.  Like a reproduction knock off box you would find on ebay or something.  I'll look up some unboxing videos but may end up looking to ebay it as I'm not as quick to buy a game for a steelbook as I was when this was announced. 

When is Castlevania and Contra collections? I have money for Limited Editions and I want to pre-order them now!
I also don't have an answer but I bought the collection of Castlevania games during it's last digital sale. As big a fan as I am of Castlevania all the way back to playing the original NES versions over and over and over... I didn't care as much for playing them on the switch. The options for streching/filling the tv with the gameplay were not as robust as I was hoping. Like there's no option to make the original Castlevania fit the screen from top to bottom without stretching it width wise. So I think for now I'm good with just having these digital and will likely just use my NES/SNES Classic systems to play them when I get the itch... or will play my eshop 3ds versions (of those that released).

I also don't have an answer but I bought the collection of Castlevania games during it's last digital sale. As big a fan as I am of Castlevania all the way back to playing the original NES versions over and over and over... I didn't care as much for playing them on the switch. The options for streching/filling the tv with the gameplay were not as robust as I was hoping. Like there's no option to make the original Castlevania fit the screen from top to bottom without stretching it width wise. So I think for now I'm good with just having these digital and will likely just use my NES/SNES Classic systems to play them when I get the itch... or will play my eshop 3ds versions (of those that released).
Damn.....I didn't even think this was an issue. Thanks for that!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1361378862022742023?s=20
I skipped the Bloodstained games... and had no clue there was a part 2. Are they actually any good/worth playing? I love me some 2D Castlevania but feel like there was a lot of shaky reactions when the first game came out.

I skipped the Bloodstained games... and had no clue there was a part 2. Are they actually any good/worth playing? I love me some 2D Castlevania but feel like there was a lot of shaky reactions when the first game came out.
This game is the sequel to Curse of the Moon which was the one with the 8-bit graphics and was very well done. Ritual of the Night was pretty good too, if you played it on anything but the Switch verison during release. I am not sure if they were able to patch the Switch version of Ritual of the Night to be on par with the other version yet.

Two questions if anyone knows the answer:

1)  Does the Return of Obra Dinn at Best Buy have different artwork than the LRG version?  It looks to be the same but I don't know if that is placeholder art at BB.

2) Is there an easy way to search for Vitamin Connection at Best Buy?  It was never listed on the website as far as I am aware.

Much appreciated.

I was hoping Brigandine switch would be available in the New Year’s sale, but it wasn’t. Prices on eBay had been dropping, but ever since then they jumped back up to double MSRP or more.

I love me some 2D Castlevania but feel like there was a lot of shaky reactions when the first game came out.
Ritual of the Night was a bit iffy nearer to launch, especially with the low quality of the Switch port. (Unreal Engine doesn't always play well with Switch releases) Once they ironed out a few of the bugs, and released some additional content, it firmed up nicely. I still wouldn't bother with the Switch version, but it runs great on the PS4, XBox One, and PC. Highly recommended for 2D Castlevania enthusiasts. Very reminiscent of the later Metroid-Vania titles.

Curse of the Moon 1 & 2 are retro-styled titles, and are much closer to the NES Castlevania titles. They are actually quite good, especially if you like the earlier titles in the Castlevania series. They include some modern upgrades, so they don't feel nearly as antiquated as Castlevania 1 & 3. But the gameplay style, challenge, and art styles are all very evocative of those earlier NES titles. Highly recommended.

If you don't feel like bothering with the physical releases, all of them should be fairly cheap digitally, and will likely be on digital sales sooner or later.

1) Does the Return of Obra Dinn at Best Buy have different artwork than the LRG version? It looks to be the same but I don't know if that is placeholder art at BB.

2) Is there an easy way to search for Vitamin Connection at Best Buy? It was never listed on the website as far as I am aware.

Much appreciated.
the only way I have been able to find vitamin connection at best buy is the old fashion way by going to a best buy store

I haven't played CotM 2 yet, but CotM and RotN are fantastic. Curse of the Moon might as well be a modern remake of Castlevania 3. You're essentially given the choice of using all of CV3's playable characters at once, but there are modes where you're limited to only certain ones (or even just one of them) so it's a lot of fun to play through multiple times and see all the different endings. Great game, even better than CV3 imo.
Ritual of the Night was pretty rough when it came out, especially on Switch where it was damn near unplayable. Now it's been patched up and is stable on all its platforms, but the Switch version is capped at 30 FPS and has some of the graphics toned down so there's that. They've been consistently adding free content to it too. It's not as good as Order of Ecclesia or anything, but if you like the IGA games you'll almost certainly dig it.

Great, so now I will willingly give LRG my money and then complain about them missing their original estimated delivery date, which I already know they will miss because that's what happens basically with every single release of theirs. 

I didn't care for Bloodstained Curse of the Moon.  It seemed pretty unpolished in spots (like lazy level designs and enemy placement) and a bit brutal in parts.  It's definitely heavily themed on Castlevania 3.  There were some cool moments but I gave up before getting super deep into it.  I'm going to give it another shot at some point.. but it made it easy to resist B:CotM2.

As much as I dislike LRG these days, they do have a monopoly on these releases. Not like I can go to Amazon instead to get COTM2.

Not a shitpost, but I'm legitimately just hoping it gets here by Halloween. But with how many copies of Scott Pilgrim are going to clog the pipeline, I have very, very little faith.

Nice, but how are we gonna find the SKU without the item being listed on bb.com?

1) Does the Return of Obra Dinn at Best Buy have different artwork than the LRG version? It looks to be the same but I don't know if that is placeholder art at BB.

2) Is there an easy way to search for Vitamin Connection at Best Buy? It was never listed on the website as far as I am aware.

Much appreciated.
I'd like to know 1) too. As for 2) I saw a lone copy at by store 4 days ago.

I miss conventions. LRG always had a booth at PRGE. I picked up the first Curse of the moon for $30 directly from them no hassle. Decent game. 

I miss conventions. LRG always had a booth at PRGE. I picked up the first Curse of the moon for $30 directly from them no hassle. Decent game.
I only remember seeing them at PRGE with games twice. Maybe I didn't know who they were before then.

In 2018, I was tempted to pick up Mercenary Kings, but passed on it. Wish I had of picked it up.

In 2019, I picked up Dust, Shantae (both for Switch) and then SW Bounty Hunger for the PS4. Only purchase I've ever made with them, besides the New Years sale, where the blind box games STILL haven't shipped.

I only remember seeing them at PRGE with games twice. Maybe I didn't know who they were before then.

In 2018, I was tempted to pick up Mercenary Kings, but passed on it. Wish I had of picked it up.

In 2019, I picked up Dust, Shantae (both for Switch) and then SW Bounty Hunger for the PS4. Only purchase I've ever made with them, besides the New Years sale, where the blind box games STILL haven't shipped.
I've gone from 2016-2019 and the have had a booth all of those years. I bought KoF 97, Kof 98, Bloodstained CotM & Windjammers all PS4 over those years. All impulse buys. Lol!

Timespinner (PS4) is the game I wish I would have picked up when it was in front of me.

bread's done
Back