Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'll never understand why Japanese games with sexy anime women are banned outright or censored from Sony and MS yet they will allow violent western games like Call of Duty and GTA and even western games like the Last of Us 2 which has a realistic sex scene and tons of violence. Seems xenophobic and racist to me for western companies (and Sony's headquarters making these decisions from what I understand is in California) to be censoring Japanese games because they're not being censored for being inappropriate since far worse games are promoted by these companies. They're just not Japanese. It seems like the colonizer attitude is alive and well in Sony's U.S. headquarters and MS, which is sad because I thought we got past this type of bigotry in gaming. For now I will continue voting with my dollars and buy Nintendo and avoid the PS5 and Series X since I am against censorship and discrimination against foreign cultures.
Is this a real narrative or are you just trolling?

What exactly did I say that was trolling? Everything I pointed out in the paragraph was a fact. I'm assuming you can't debate the idea because everything I said was true so you resort to personal insults. I'm not sure why there are posters on here that can't discuss a topic like an adult without immediately resulting to an insult. Tell me what is false about this. Popular western games promoted by Sony and MS are allowed to have graphic sex (Last of Us II) - fact. Popular western games are allowed to have violence (GTA V and Call of Duty) - fact. Japanese games are censored or banned outright because of sexy anime women in bikinis - fact. That shows you that nothing is being censored due to content because the western games have far worse content. It is pure xenophobia because the Japanese games are being held to a different standard by racist western companies. I'm not sure why I got such nasty responses by pointing out facts.
By your rationale, the reasoning is because Japanese games are not popular :whistle2:k

What exactly did I say that was trolling? Everything I pointed out in the paragraph was a fact. I'm assuming you can't debate the idea because everything I said was true so you resort to personal insults. I'm not sure why there are posters on here that can't discuss a topic like an adult without immediately resulting to an insult. Tell me what is false about this. Popular western games promoted by Sony and MS are allowed to have graphic sex (Last of Us II) - fact. Popular western games are allowed to have violence (GTA V and Call of Duty) - fact. Japanese games are censored or banned outright because of sexy anime women in bikinis - fact. That shows you that nothing is being censored due to content because the western games have far worse content. It is pure xenophobia because the Japanese games are being held to a different standard by racist western companies. I'm not sure why I got such nasty responses by pointing out facts.
You're not saying anything revelatory. The West has always put more of a stigma on sex than violence. It's been like that since, well, ever.

Amazing. New account from five days ago magically finds this thread and once again attempts to derail things with irrelevant garbage and claims that they are somehow the victim.

I'm debating Scott Pilgrim. Someone sell me on it. Heard it's super short.
Don't buy it. Wait for it at BB so you only pay for it when it ships.
Will BB have the CE though?
I'm leaning towards waiting for BB to get Scott Pilgrim (PS4). I don't need an LRG card. As for the CE, generally no, I don't think BB carries those versions. Remember the BB versions have different covers of the game, too.

Only reason I might bite on it through LRG is because I'm pondering ordering After Party (PS4), which is NOT coming to BB. If I do that, I'm not sure there's much difference in paying shipping for one more game.

I'm leaning towards waiting for BB to get Scott Pilgrim (PS4). I don't need an LRG card. As for the CE, generally no, I don't think BB carries those versions. Remember the BB versions have different covers of the game, too.

Only reason I might bite on it through LRG is because I'm pondering ordering After Party (PS4), which is NOT coming to BB. If I do that, I'm not sure there's much difference in paying shipping for one more game.
It's almost guaranteed bb will get this one, after all the dog shit they've pushed to bb this is clearly the one to move there

Will Best Buy get the "Collectors" edition? No, they never do.

Will they get standard edition copies of Scott Pilgrim? Oh, almost certainly. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is THE big digital-only game from the past decade and change. There are a few other lost gems that have slipped through the cracks. But Scott Pilgrim is easily the highest-profile digital-only title to be delisted. The only way they could possibly make a bigger splash is with a physical copy of PT. The game is going to get tons of orders, and it's practically a foregone conclusion that Best Buy will be making their own order, and a sizable one at that. Scott Pilgrim standard editions will be available in-store and on-line at Best Buy, count on it.

Now that Scott Pilgrim is on the books, someone please get Konami to release a physical copy of PT.

Will Best Buy get the "Collectors" edition? No, they never do.

Will they get standard edition copies of Scott Pilgrim? Oh, almost certainly. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is THE big digital-only game from the past decade and change. There are a few other lost gems that have slipped through the cracks. But Scott Pilgrim is easily the highest-profile digital-only title to be delisted. The only way they could possibly make a bigger splash is with a physical copy of PT. The game is going to get tons of orders, and it's practically a foregone conclusion that Best Buy will be making their own order, and a sizable one at that. Scott Pilgrim standard editions will be available in-store and on-line at Best Buy, count on it.

Now that Scott Pilgrim is on the books, someone please get Konami to release a physical copy of PT.
LRG went behind the Scott Pilgrim creators back to fuck iam8bit on this one so who knows, ps fuck Josh and Doug

LRG went behind the Scott Pilgrim creators back to fuck iam8bit on this one so who knows, ps fuck Josh and Doug
Bryan Lee O'Malley was pretty clear that he had nothing to do with nor knew anything about the re-release. He did state he would have preferred a physical release with iam8bit before LRG announced it, but, again, he had nothing to do with the re-release. Ubisoft made the call to work with LRG. Say what you will about Josh and Doug (I don't care, unlike some people), but every party working on this re-release and this deal went behind O'Malley's back, if that's how you want to look at it.

But, again, he's been pretty clear he had zero involvement with the re-release, was never asked to be involved, and was pretty blindsided by it happening, too. I doubt his rights to the game ever extended beyond getting a royalty check for the characters/likenesses, so he would have never had a say of who would publish a physical release, even if he did get a phone call.

Bryan Lee O'Malley was pretty clear that he had nothing to do with nor knew anything about the re-release. He did state he would have preferred a physical release with iam8bit before LRG announced it, but, again, he had nothing to do with the re-release. Ubisoft made the call to work with LRG. Say what you will about Josh and Doug (I don't care, unlike some people), but every party working on this re-release and this deal went behind O'Malley's back, if that's how you want to look at it.

But, again, he's been pretty clear he had zero involvement with the re-release, was never asked to be involved, and was pretty blindsided by it happening, too. I doubt his rights to the game ever extended beyond getting a royalty check for the characters/likenesses, so he would have never had a say of who would publish a physical release, even if he did get a phone call.
I think he's talking about this:

https://twitter.com/bryanleeomalley/status/1293299214445731842

https://twitter.com/bryanleeomalley/status/1347616303322853376

He and iam8bit seem to have been trying for years to make this happen. Shortly after the first tweet, Ubisoft reached out to him. Then LRG swooped in out of nowhere for the physical.

O'Malley's done some streams and been pretty public about getting paid from the rerelease so I think he's content with how things worked out, but iam8bit got sidelined by LRG after investing what seems to be a decent amount of time/effort on it.

I think he's talking about this:

He and iam8bit seem to have been trying for years to make this happen. Shortly after the first tweet, Ubisoft reached out to him. Then LRG swooped in out of nowhere for the physical.

O'Malley's done some streams and been pretty public about getting paid from the rerelease so I think he's content with how things worked out, but iam8bit got sidelined by LRG after investing what seems to be a decent amount of time/effort on it.
I'm aware, I was following this whole saga. And I can see how it would appear like LRG is swooping in, but that's exactly my point: O'Malley obviously doesn't have rights to the game, so his discussions with iam8bit about a physical release meant nothing. Honestly, I'm surprised Ubisoft didn't just handle it themselves.

I'm aware, I was following this whole saga. And I can see how it would appear like LRG is swooping in, but that's exactly my point: O'Malley obviously doesn't have rights to the game, so his discussions with iam8bit about a physical release meant nothing. Honestly, I'm surprised Ubisoft didn't just handle it themselves.
The fact that Ubisoft didn't is what is curious to me too.

Which physical version of Scott pilgrim is it worth it? This will be my first time buying from them and I do have both the ps4 and switch and idk which one to buy especially the 54.99 edition

Which physical version of Scott pilgrim is it worth it? This will be my first time buying from them and I do have both the ps4 and switch and idk which one to buy especially the 54.99 edition

No one can really tell you that though, depends on your personal valuation of their offering. If you prefer to not order from them, just wait until Best Buy gets them to save on all the hassle that comes with it

The fact that Ubisoft didn't is what is curious to me too.
I think it's difficult to overstate just how much of a white whale or iconic "get" this is for LRG. They've made no secret about how much they like the property and wanted to do a release for years. The disappearance of the original game was one of the biggest cited reasons that companies like LRG should exist in the early days (preservation of games when delisting is a risk).

I wouldn't be surprised if the LRG folks were hitting up every lead they had with Ubisoft the day it was revealed. I can also imagine they'd be willing to throw unhealthy amounts of money at it to secure the rights. Ubisoft doesn't seem to realize the value/sentiment of the property given how long this took to come back, so it makes sense that they could be convinced to outsource it.

And that's in no way a ding at LRG- while I disagree with how iam8bit was (kinda-sorta) cut out, it's likely their first game to sell six digits of units. Those sales figures not only make them money, but give them a big marquee number/product to parade to future partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm grabbing the Switch version as I would like to play it on the go and it seems like more of a "handheld" game at least to me it does.

Every game Ubisoft publishes these days, they tend to go big on the production.  I doubt they felt comfortable going big on Scott Pilgrim.  The movie & comics have a cult following and the game has had one since before it was even delisted... but... sometimes it's really hard to tell what that'll mean for sales.  Can they pump out 1M of these and sell them all with their traditional sell model?  Probably not.

In some respects the slowness of LRG probably made this a really easy decision for Ubisoft.  They get all the benefits of an exclusive digital for the next 9 months to a year... LRG gets to sell a lot of games (relative to their small size).   Only the gamer suffers the wait and hassle.

Quick update on my struggle to get my damaged 'Streets of Rage 4' items replaced, which has taken nearly two months to get this far: apparently LRG will replace the larger plastic case and sleeve, but only offer $15 otherwise. No steelbook replacement. And no word on the soundtrack sampler that they didn't include in my order either.

I assume LRG is concerned I'm going to resell the steelbook, which is why it was denied, but fuck. The one they gave me can't even close or hold the game cart properly. Even if that was my intention, which is isn't, I genuinely want to own the steelbook, they still sent me damaged goods. They should be replaced with undamaged goods.

The larger plastic case is more or less useless in the first place anyway. There are four, 4(!), different cases in this edition. The large, fake Genesis case, the actual size Genesis case, the regular Switch case and the Switch steelbook. We only get one game cart. fuck!

Quick update on my struggle to get my damaged 'Streets of Rage 4' items replaced, which has taken nearly two months to get this far: apparently LRG will replace the larger plastic case and sleeve, but only offer $15 otherwise. No steelbook replacement. And no word on the soundtrack sampler that they didn't include in my order either.

I assume LRG is concerned I'm going to resell the steelbook, which is why it was denied, but fuck. The one they gave me can't even close or hold the game cart properly. Even if that was my intention, which is isn't, I genuinely want to own the steelbook, they still sent me damaged goods. They should be replaced with undamaged goods.

The larger plastic case is more or less useless in the first place anyway. There are four, 4(!), different cases in this edition. The large, fake Genesis case, the actual size Genesis case, the regular Switch case and the Switch steelbook. We only get one game cart. fuck!
Yikes they should be able to replace damaged goods wtf

According to the rep that's been helping me, who has been doing his best, they don't have any steelbook replacements. I now await the next New Years/whatever sale that includes the 'Streets of Rage 4' editions that obviously have steelbooks in them.

They're replacing the other damaged items, finally sending the OST sampler and refunded me $15, but big deal when the steelbook is the best item they aren't replacing. The damaged goods were inside the otherwise non-damaged goods, which means the manufacturer probably busted them. Unless LRG assembles these editions themselves?

The damaged goods were inside the otherwise non-damaged goods, which means the manufacturer probably busted them. Unless LRG assembles these editions themselves?
I believe they use a 3rd party (not them, not the manufacturer) packing company for putting together the special/collectors edition of games... similar to how they use a separate 3rd party packing company for putting standard switch releases together (as they don't ship assembled for retail).

I believe they use a 3rd party (not them, not the manufacturer) packing company for putting together the special/collectors edition of games... similar to how they use a separate 3rd party packing company for putting standard switch releases together (as they don't ship assembled for retail).
Ah. Well, not a fan of them then; packing damaged products.

I don’t get this. The Japanese release will have English on it and you can get it from Play Asia for $30 + shipping (6.90 for economy) so it would be cheaper to import than get the LRG release.
What you described is literally every LRG release price when compared with a non-North American release of the same title. True for PS4 and Switch.

I don’t get this. The Japanese release will have English on it and you can get it from Play Asia for $30 + shipping (6.90 for economy) so it would be cheaper to import than get the LRG release.
They're charging $35 for this plus shipping and tax, so it would be slightly more expensive to get it from LRG, but you're getting an ESRB release which collectors tend to favor over an international release all things being equal.

Has LRG shipped Shantae out yet?
CircularHauntingAmericangoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

Two months later, and they haven't even shipped the blind box  Switch games from the New Years sale. They just had to put them in boxes and ship them out. Good grief. First time I've ever ordered from their website. Not sure if I want to do this again. Ridiculously bad.

Two months later, and they haven't even shipped the blind box Switch games from the New Years sale. They just had to put them in boxes and ship them out. Good grief. First time I've ever ordered from their website. Not sure if I want to do this again. Ridiculously bad.
Welcome to the LRG ordering experience. The blind box games need packed in their blind boxes (which they probably didn't even have on hand at the time) before they can be packed to ship. So double disappointment between the long wait and then likely not getting anything you really wanted in the blind boxes when they show up.

Two months later, and they haven't even shipped the blind box Switch games from the New Years sale. They just had to put them in boxes and ship them out. Good grief. First time I've ever ordered from their website. Not sure if I want to do this again. Ridiculously bad.
Yeah, this about summarizes why I ultimately didn't preorder Scott Pilgrim from them. Will be happy to just pick up the PS4 game from Best Buy when they get it.

I saw LRG is publishing Five Dates. Mildly amused to pick that one up ... only because Mandip Gill is in it (love that woman! She's the only reason I watch Doctor Who at this point).

... only because Mandip Gill is in it (love that woman! She's the only reason I watch Doctor Who at this point).
The main reason (beyond having watched it most of my life) I trudged through these last two seasons of DW was for Bradley Walsh. Highlight of the show for me since Matt Smith. Yaz has been one of the weak points for me because of the poor writing and underutilization of the character. Hopefully with the crew shrinking Mandip will get some better story lines to really expand the Yaz character and show her usefulness as a companion.

I just got shipping notice for my NS blind boxes... can't wait to receive them during April.

Frankly I don't care if it does take a month, just hoping 1 of the 2 is Pirate's Curse... but knowing my luck, it'll be some garbage games. 

The main reason (beyond having watched it most of my life) I trudged through these last two seasons of DW was for Bradley Walsh. Highlight of the show for me since Matt Smith. Yaz has been one of the weak points for me because of the poor writing and underutilization of the character. Hopefully with the crew shrinking Mandip will get some better story lines to really expand the Yaz character and show her usefulness as a companion.
Not to stray too far off LRG, but ...

I'm with you on all of these points. Matt Smith and Karen Gillian were such a joy. While David Tennant was a phenomenal doctor, I still think Season 5 of the series (Matt Smith's first and Moffat's first at the helm) remains one the best DW seasons of all time.

I've been mostly disappointed with the Whittaker era, but I attribute this to shoddy writing and bad direction by Chibnall. I think Jodie is a strong actress (enjoy her quite a bit), but the decision to surround her with three companions IMHO just hasn't worked. That said, I've liked all of the companions, but I think the series would have benefited from starting with one, especially with a new doctor and writer on-board.

There have been some brilliant episodes, though most of them were in Season 11. I liked Kerblem! and It Takes You Away. Demons of the Punjab was a fine episode, too. Did not enjoy Season 12 as much.

Of course, I like that Yaz will stay on and hopefully get more time to shine. Not sure what the BBC intends to do at this point since I've heard DW ratings are not great. I wonder if the network will can Chibnall when Whittaker (allegedly) regenerates at the end of next season.

Am I the only one surprised that the Collector's Edition for Terminator is only $10 more than the standard, and even then, still cheaper than a "normal" PS5 game price?

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/products/terminator-resistance-enhanced-collectors-edition-ps5?_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIlVzWHl5QyIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJjbG91ZF9zcXVhbGw3OEBjb21jYXN0Lm5ldCJ9

$59.99 is lower than I expected from LRG for a CE that includes a steelbook.
It's a distributed title and probably not even exclusive to LRG, so I doubt their normal pricing would apply here.

Not to stray too far off LRG, but ...

I'm with you on all of these points. Matt Smith and Karen Gillian were such a joy. While David Tennant was a phenomenal doctor, I still think Season 5 of the series (Matt Smith's first and Moffat's first at the helm) remains one the best DW seasons of all time.

I've been mostly disappointed with the Whittaker era, but I attribute this to shoddy writing and bad direction by Chibnall. I think Jodie is a strong actress (enjoy her quite a bit), but the decision to surround her with three companions IMHO just hasn't worked. That said, I've liked all of the companions, but I think the series would have benefited from starting with one, especially with a new doctor and writer on-board.

There have been some brilliant episodes, though most of them were in Season 11. I liked Kerblem! and It Takes You Away. Demons of the Punjab was a fine episode, too. Did not enjoy Season 12 as much.

Of course, I like that Yaz will stay on and hopefully get more time to shine. Not sure what the BBC intends to do at this point since I've heard DW ratings are not great. I wonder if the network will can Chibnall when Whittaker (allegedly) regenerates at the end of next season.
I'm going to continue the off-topic...topic and mostly agree. I was actually really excited for the change to Chibnall after the last showrunners and their knack for painting themselves into storyline corners with every show they do. Plus, the final season of 'Broadchurch' was excellent.

But yeah, there has been a lot of retread with DW enemies (which all DW showrunners struggle with when a show has been going this long) and the new ideas have fallen pretty flat with few exceptions. I think there were too many companions. The early stories were okay, and then I agree, Yaz was shoved to the background and I ended up not caring about any of them. Hopefully they don't introduce more companions, and we get to explore the push-and-pull relationship Yaz and the Doctor already have.

bread's done
Back