Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Also, No More Heroes 1 & 2 Switch will be carried at Best Buy. For those not wanting to pay for overpriced shipping from LRG.
Is there a source on this?

They definitely have the option, but I'd like to see a press release or product listing before I decide to completely pass on the LRG preorder.

Is there a source on this?

They definitely have the option, but I'd like to see a press release or product listing before I decide to completely pass on the LRG preorder.
The listings themselves say :

"Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk."

This is the same fear of missing out verbage they use on all of their listings so that you may not take the "risk" of waiting for best buy... but the reality is, BB has yet to back out on a game that this message has been posted on.

You wont get some press release or even anything giving you a heads up about when BB will have them. Just follow along here... the limitedprintgames reddit and a few other places and you'll likely not miss it when it happens since many are waiting for this and someone will surely post when it happens.

This is the same fear of missing out verbage they use on all of their listings so that you may not take the "risk" of waiting for best buy... but the reality is, BB has yet to back out on a game that this message has been posted on.
Ms. Splosion Man for Switch had that message on its listing and best buy back out of the deal

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1212125441714216962?s=20

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all of the copies have that branding. It's part of the reason the release was so controversial in collecting circles. Josh claimed it was a mistake when Joe (the employee who created the game and released it) was making the cover sheet.
Do they not even check the games over anymore?

Dumb question, but I take it the Doom 3 version in the Doom collection is the BFG version?

Really wish they had the original Doom 3 in that version as well, way to much ammo in BFG version IMO.

Ms. Splosion Man for Switch had that message on its listing and best buy back out of the deal
Ok, so one game out of a hundred or so games didn't make it. The odds still overwhelmingly favor the NMH games showing up at BB... especially as they were previous retail games and with the sequel coming out should sell well.

I was thinking about picking up that Dangun Feveron game as it looks like it may be a decent shooter.  However when I saw $44.99 i think I will pass.  Too bad it's not $30 or $35.

I was thinking about picking up that Dangun Feveron game as it looks like it may be a decent shooter. However when I saw $44.99 i think I will pass. Too bad it's not $30 or $35.
It's $35 digitally and it's never been on sale, so $45 is not totally out of line. It's a good game and worth getting.

SLG just started shipping Coffee Talk. There are three other releases that came out before Space Invaders and after Coffee Talk. I'd expect at least a 3 month wait before Space Invaders starts shipping.
Oh yikes, their estimate was for December and since then radio silence. I'm not as familiar with them so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info

Dumb question, but I take it the Doom 3 version in the Doom collection is the BFG version?

Really wish they had the original Doom 3 in that version as well, way to much ammo in BFG version IMO.
That seems like a good question because it's not clear. The posting says This includes three classic DOOM games preserved on one disc - DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM 3! I take that to mean Doom 3 vanilla and without the expansion Resurrection of Evil.

That seems like a good question because it's not clear. The posting says This includes three classic DOOM games preserved on one disc - DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM 3! I take that to mean Doom 3 vanilla and without the expansion Resurrection of Evil.
The port of Doom 3 on switch includes the expansion.
Nintendo web site states "DOOM 3 includes the Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Missions expansion packs."

There is no version on Switch without the expansions included.

The port of Doom 3 on switch includes the expansion.
Nintendo web site states "DOOM 3 includes the Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Missions expansion packs."
There is no version on Switch without the expansions included.
That’s good it has the expansions but I’m assuming that means it’s the BFG version. Still a fun version but would prefer the original version (I would prefer BFG if it didn’t give you mountains of ammo for even the most powerful guns).

Good. The higher price tag for just 1 game makes each game feel special and more valuable. Please be grateful that Kemco would honor us like this.
tenor.gif

Estimated Ship Date changed to May 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 179 (96.2%)
  • On Deck: 7 (3.8%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 116 (62.4%)
  • Q2 2021: 25 (13.4%)
  • Q1 2021: 15 (8.1%)
  • April 2021: 9 (4.8%)
  • June 2021: 5 (2.7%)
  • May 2021: 4 (2.2%)
  • Q4 2020: 2 (1.1%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.5%)

I hope most people realized that.

this is totally a release no one should buy because then the floodgates of LRG printing all those games will open.
LRG has been printing these games individually for years and at a quantity of 1,500, they sell out quickly each time. As others have noted, some of them are purchased by full setters, but there is also a loyal fan audience for these games for whatever reason from what I have seen on other forums.

I got both the shantae games today. Despite the long wait, it's a quality release. They both have inner art and substantive manuals, especially the first game. The manual for the first game looks like a GBA manual which is cool. Glad I got these. Came with cards as well.

I'm sad there is no PS4 Sam & Max release. Would have been a must buy for me.
In the past I have seen them only announce a game for one system and once pre-orders close they will sell it for another console. It's a great way to force some FOMO and possibly get people to double dip. I know they did it for Panzer Dragoon so it may happen here too.

In the past I have seen them only announce a game for one system and once pre-orders close they will sell it for another console. It's a great way to force some FOMO and possibly get people to double dip. I know they did it for Panzer Dragoon so it may happen here too.
There is no PS4 version and I haven't seen any indication that one is in development considering the game has been available on Switch since December 2020 digitally.

There is no PS4 version and I haven't seen any indication that one is in development considering the game has been available on Switch since December 2020 digitally.
That's too bad then. I'm a big fan of Sam & Max. I have multiple copies of different Sam & Max games on Ps3,Wii & Pc,and I would get this one. But I don't own a Switch & don't plan to. Oh well, heres hoping it gets released on Ps4 in the future.

Worth noting that Nintendo's done a lot of timed exclusivity with the Switch. Brigandine, Messenger, Panzer Dragoon, Super Meat Boy Forever, etc. These games all popped up on Playstation about six months after they popped up on Switch. So we might still see Sam and Max on other consoles yet.

That's too bad then. I'm a big fan of Sam & Max. I have multiple copies of different Sam & Max games on Ps3,Wii & Pc,and I would get this one. But I don't own a Switch & don't plan to. Oh well, heres hoping it gets released on Ps4 in the future.
Surprised studios would leave out the PS4 given the install base. Given the disc format, margins are higher, too. Oh well, studio's loss.

Worth noting that Nintendo's done a lot of timed exclusivity with the Switch. Brigandine, Messenger, Panzer Dragoon, Super Meat Boy Forever, etc. These games all popped up on Playstation about six months after they popped up on Switch. So we might still see Sam and Max on other consoles yet.
Interesting.

Maybe just me, but does Nintendo's time exclusive games more hush hush about the timed exclusivity part? I had no idea that many of those games were timed exclusives. Vs anytime there's a third party Sony or MS exclusive, the question everyone seems to ask is "is it a timed exclusive?".

I have Panzer on Switch but feel like the PS4 version is likely better (have yet to find a comparison video for some odd reason). But had I known it was headed to the PS4, I would have waited to buy.

Maybe, but this particular game ("Sam & Max Save the World") was only released on PC, Xbox 360 and Wii in earlier generations, so it's not like there is a track record of supporting Playstation platforms here.

Maybe just me, but does Nintendo's time exclusive games more hush hush about the timed exclusivity part? I had no idea that many of those games were timed exclusives. Vs anytime there's a third party Sony or MS exclusive, the question everyone seems to ask is "is it a timed exclusive?".

I have Panzer on Switch but feel like the PS4 version is likely better (have yet to find a comparison video for some odd reason). But had I known it was headed to the PS4, I would have waited to buy.
It is pretty hush hush, and I don't know why. On Nintendo's side I'm sure they're happy to let you think it will remain exclusive so they get the sales. On the consumer side, though, I feel like any time a game is announced for Xbox/Playstation the first comment I see is "Switch port when?" and the inverse is much more rare.

I'm not a huge Switch person so I skip all but a handful of first party games (and boy oh boy is my console dusty). I have enough of a backlog that I won't miss one cool indie if it doesn't make its way over.

Maybe, but this particular game ("Sam & Max Save the World") was only released on PC, Xbox 360 and Wii in earlier generations, so it's not like there is a track record of supporting Playstation platforms here.
The other two Telltale Sam & Max games both made it to Playstation so I'd lean toward it just being a weird omission.

Edit: Adding to the list of things with timed exclusivity: https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1382838648467382275

Edit: Adding to the list of things with timed exclusivity: https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1382838648467382275
All I want is someone and to put this out physically. I am a huge Ghosts N' Goblins fan and I'd love to have this in my collection. It's nice to hear it coming to other platforms so here is hoping for it to come to Game Pass.

I got my order in for Republic Commando on PS4 this morning too.
Wish they would release another slip case for Racer and Commando.
I like the slip case for Outcast and Academy.

It is pretty hush hush, and I don't know why. On Nintendo's side I'm sure they're happy to let you think it will remain exclusive so they get the sales. On the consumer side, though, I feel like any time a game is announced for Xbox/Playstation the first comment I see is "Switch port when?" and the inverse is much more rare.
Think about it. What's the actual benefit of Nintendo crowing about "timed" exclusivity? And how many of these "timed" exclusives is Nintendo actually paying for? I think it a lot more likely that developers are simply prioritizing their Switch ports. And I don't think this prioritization is happening because of money or contracts. It's just simple economics.

The Switch has a sizable install base, and brisk software sales. End of explanation. The metrics likely support that a Switch port will be more profitable, and less costly then an equivalent port on XBox or Playstation platforms. The hardware for the Switch is more modest, but it's also based off of the same basic architecture as most mobile devices. ARM development is not exactly costly or uncommon in this day and age. If you can optimize your game to run decently on the average mobile phone, it will run fine on the Switch. And given the Switch's older and weaker hardware, the resolution and framerate expectations are not nearly as severe.

If Nintendo doesn't have contracts with most of these companies, then there really isn't anything to crow about. Claiming timed exclusivity seems churlish, especially if it causes backlash. With no ink on the page, too much of a community outcry could end up changing decisions at some developers. If a developer thinks that their fans would be more demanding of port on a different platform, then maybe they would shift their priorities, and that timed exclusivity could disappear. Why risk it?

bread's done
Back