Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I've not seen it done that way before. Amazon charges tax on the items purchased, not the cost to ship (for those items you have to pay shipping on). Same for BB and Walmart. It probably has to do with the generic charge they have for shipping rather than having a specific charge based on weight and other factors.
Again, it depends where you live in the United States.https://www.avalara.com/blog/en/north-america/2018/11/how-to-handle-sales-tax-on-shipping-a-state-by-state-guide.html

Bojay is correct, check your states if retailers are supposed to tax shipping.  For a long time I thought Amazon and other retailers were screwing me by taxing shipping, but I eventually found out my state (PA) requires this.  That's why I try to look for free shipping whenever I can.

It is also possible that LRG is screwing up (they will blame Shopify of course), so verify that your state doesn't charge tax on shipping and then let  LRG know if that is the case.  It might get the ball rolling on them fixing it.  For example, for the longest time they were charging people local tax despite not living in those cities (Allegheny County in my example).  It took them about 6 months, and a lot of partial refunds, but they finally fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my state and it should be exempt though it also might not be because LRG uses UPS Mail Innovations and that may not qualify as a common carrier.   I think that's the hitch.

Either way I haven't ordered directly from LRG in a few years (since Golf Story) and am just dealing with Best Buy for the LRG games I'm interested in but won't be terribly upset if I miss them.  For BB, I've never been charged tax on the shipping costs.  Same for Amazon and other services.  But they all use common carriers.

I checked my state and it should be exempt though it also might not be because LRG uses UPS Mail Innovations and that may not qualify as a common carrier. I think that's the hitch.

Either way I haven't ordered directly from LRG in a few years (since Golf Story) and am just dealing with Best Buy for the LRG games I'm interested in but won't be terribly upset if I miss them. For BB, I've never been charged tax on the shipping costs. Same for Amazon and other services. But they all use common carriers.
UPS Mail Innovations is USPS essentially

UPS Mail Innovations is USPS essentially
Actually it's a joint venture between UPS and USPS where UPS picks up the packages and delivers them to each zone/region where USPS takes over and handles the actual local delivery. It's not a common carrier but rather a middle-man service for bulk shipping.

I'm just pointing this out for those that have bought from LRG and based on their state shouldn't be getting charged tax on the shipping when they are in a state that is tax exempt on common carriers. Plus the way LRG charges shipping, last I checked, was not based on the actual shipping cost but other factors as well... which also may disqualify the shipping from being tax exempt as some states do tax "handling fees" and that may be how LRG is classifying the charge.

Actually it's a joint venture between UPS and USPS where UPS picks up the packages and delivers them to each zone/region where USPS takes over and handles the actual local delivery. It's not a common carrier but rather a middle-man service for bulk shipping.

I'm just pointing this out for those that have bought from LRG and based on their state shouldn't be getting charged tax on the shipping when they are in a state that is tax exempt on common carriers. Plus the way LRG charges shipping, last I checked, was not based on the actual shipping cost but other factors as well... which also may disqualify the shipping from being tax exempt as some states do tax "handling fees" and that may be how LRG is classifying the charge.
Putting aside how bad the service is, I have no idea how UPS MI can possibly be the cheapest option for shippers, given that the money must end up split between two companies. It feels like if Papa John’s cooked a pizza and then called Pizza Hut and said when you have a delivery going out that way, take this one too. But since neither company gets as much money as if they just did the whole job themself, neither one cares when (if) it gets delivered and neither will take responsibility for anything going wrong.

Putting aside how bad the service is, I have no idea how UPS MI can possibly be the cheapest option for shippers, given that the money must end up split between two companies. It feels like if Papa John’s cooked a pizza and then called Pizza Hut and said when you have a delivery going out that way, take this one too. But since neither company gets as much money as if they just did the whole job themself, neither one cares when (if) it gets delivered and neither will take responsibility for anything going wrong.
I think the way it works is UPS only moves the shipments when they have extra space on their planes/trucks (probably just trucks) and when they get to the USPS zone distribution center they are de-pioritized as one of the last things to process for the day so if they aren't done they get pushed to the next day (and so on) until they have extra time to process them.

I doubt either company is actually spending that much money handling these shipments. UPS is having to do more zone sorting... but beyond that it's likely very little cost.

I think the way it works is UPS only moves the shipments when they have extra space on their planes/trucks (probably just trucks) and when they get to the USPS zone distribution center they are de-pioritized as one of the last things to process for the day so if they aren't done they get pushed to the next day (and so on) until they have extra time to process them.

I doubt either company is actually spending that much money handling these shipments. UPS is having to do more zone sorting... but beyond that it's likely very little cost.
The frustrating thing to me is the cost LRG charges. I believe one game is $5.50 to ship now using this "Innovations" method. You can easily send a game first class for $4 or less and it would be much faster. So you are paying a premium for slower service.

The frustrating thing to me is the cost LRG charges. I believe one game is $5.50 to ship now using this "Innovations" method. You can easily send a game first class for $4 or less and it would be much faster. So you are paying a premium for slower service.
It's $5.79 I believe. But their shipping cost is also "handling" to pay for their employees. I've shared this before, but this is Josh confirming that:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1089220320454692864

The cost to ship one game more than the shipping fee.

You have the label to print (ink & labels), packing tape, and the package itself (box, bubble wrap, bubble envelopes, ... etc). To ship from home you need to buy a scale unless you are using priority mail packaging. If you don't have that, then you have to drive to the post office which is gas and some tiny amount of car maintenance.

Then for shipping as well you have to deal with how you took the payment... so if you charged $4 you'd lose money on the transaction and all of the items needed to actually ship the game.

Now for LRG they also have transaction fees to deal with from the CC company and more so if you use Paypal as paypal has to eat the CC charge fees as well as make their money on the transaction. Plus employees to pay to pack the games. I'm not defending LRG here... but I doubt they are making much extra at all when the dust settles from the shipping charge. It's probably just enough that they are able to pay for the people doing the work, the supplies, and the shipping charges.

Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 181 (94.8%)
  • On Deck: 10 (5.2%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 103 (53.9%)
  • Q2 2021: 48 (25.1%)
  • May 2021: 13 (6.8%)
  • Q1 2021: 9 (4.7%)
  • April 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • Q4 2020: 2 (1.0%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • June 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Got an email that Shantae GBC (regular and collector's) will be shipping soon... which would be great if I didn't have something else holding up my order.

Anyone getting star wars republic commando
I plan to bundle it with other games I'm looking at. I have fond memories of this game from when I was younger. Also I pasted on most of the other Star Wars games & some of them have gotten expensive. Don't want to risk it.

I received an email that Panzer Paladin is on deck soon.

That would then free up my large order with Scott Pilgirm, Dark Crystal and Fight n'Rage.

Exciting news.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 183 (93.8%)
  • On Deck: 12 (6.2%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 105 (53.8%)
  • Q2 2021: 50 (25.6%)
  • May 2021: 13 (6.7%)
  • Q1 2021: 6 (3.1%)
  • June 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q4 2020: 2 (1.0%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • April 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.5%)

If it DOES happen to be Castlevania I cannot wait for the complaining to switch from

"When are you guys putting up pre-orders for Castlevania?"

to

"I just ordered Castlevania last week, why don't I have it yet?"

I just hope it's a pre-order rather than a limited number.  Gives me sometime to mull over if I really want to give Konami that money.

Do people already have an idea of which Castlevania game it is? I'm not familiar enough with the games before SotN to know if that specific refence for a specific game in the series since I'm pretty sure multiple games had food hidden in the wall to recover health. 

Also, one of these days, I need to replay Casltevania 64. I know it was panned by most, but I loved it as a kid. I know it won't hold up but I still enjoy firing up old games for short bits. 

Do people already have an idea of which Castlevania game it is? I'm not familiar enough with the games before SotN to know if that specific refence for a specific game in the series since I'm pretty sure multiple games had food hidden in the wall to recover health.

Also, one of these days, I need to replay Casltevania 64. I know it was panned by most, but I loved it as a kid. I know it won't hold up but I still enjoy firing up old games for short bits.
It's a bunch of games. They are releasing the Castlevania Anniversary Collection.

Castlevania

Castlevania II Simon's Quest

Castlevania III Dracula's Curse

Super Castlevania IV

Castlevania The Adventure

Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge

Castlevania Bloodlines

Kid Dracula

It's a bunch of games. They are releasing the Castlevania Anniversary Collection.

Castlevania
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania Bloodlines
Kid Dracula
You can toggle between the US and JP versions of the games too, so you get that sweet, sweet Akumajou Densetsu soundtrack

Castlevania

Super Castlevania IV

Castlevania Bloodlines

Kid Dracula
This has to be my most wanted physical release - I've wanted a Castlevania collection forever. Stings a little that Konami didn't include the SNES and PC Engine versions of Dracula X on there, but I guess it's close enough.

This has to be my most wanted physical release - I've wanted a Castlevania collection forever. Stings a little that Konami didn't include the SNES and PC Engine versions of Dracula X on there, but I guess it's close enough.
I suppose Dracula X ties in conveniently with Rondo of Blood, and Rondo ties in conveniently with Symphony of the Night, which itself ties in conveniently with the rest of the IGA games. So really what we need is a second Castlevania collection.

There are A LOT of replica boxes in that ultimate edition. Also the only one with a steelbook. Also also immediate confusion if the Classic and Bloodlines editions are available for both platforms. Ugh.

That poster is amazing though. I wish it wasn't reversible so both sides could be seen at once.

There are A LOT of replica boxes in that ultimate edition. Also the only one with a steelbook. Also also immediate confusion if the Classic and Bloodlines editions are available for both platforms. Ugh.

That poster is amazing though. I wish it wasn't reversible so both sides could be seen at once.
Classic = NES-style outer box

Bloodlines = Genesis-style outer box

And yes, both versions will be for both platforms.

So much extra garbage IMHO in that ultimate edition. I think I got both that and the Contra Collection for $5 digitally...kind of gets me to want to play them though. Good games for sure though.

Classic = NES-style outer box

Bloodlines = Genesis-style outer box

And yes, both versions will be for both platforms.
Thanks for clarifying!

Though, this happens frequently enough that you'd think LRG would learn to clarify themselves upon announcements. I know that's asking too much of them, but still.

So much extra garbage IMHO in that ultimate edition. I think I got both that and the Contra Collection for $5 digitally...kind of gets me to want to play them though. Good games for sure though.
One of the rare LRG CEs where I don't consider the extra stuff "garbage". In fact, if I could have designed my "dream" CE for this release, they pretty much nailed it exactly. Box replicas? Finally. For a company that seems to have been against replicating original box designs (see - Star Wars CEs), I can't believe they went all-in on my most wanted release.

Tomorrow is going to be an expensive day.

If you want Sam and Max, yeah. Castlevania Collection wont go up for sale until May 14th though.
I didn't even notice that - I still had LRG's tease for it (which I just saw today and didn't notice they posted it yesterday) with the word "tomorrow" in my head.

Tomorrow is going to be an expensive day.
You try to stay out. You want to spend less. And when they're cranking out Kemco RPGs, it's a lot easier to stay away. But sooner or later, they drop something that you JUST...CAN'T.......RESIST!

I'm going to hold back and probably settle for a single copy of the standard edition. It's just a matter of picking a platform for me. I already bought this collection digitally for the PS4, so possibly the Switch version. I've been staying away from collectors editions and their associated extras for quite some time now. These are very appealing collectors editions, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I would love to see a physical release of the Rondo/Symphony combo that came out. But I'm fairly certain that one is PS4 exclusive. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but I could see it being a lower priority.

Jesus, $175 for the Ultimate Edition!?!  As much as I like a steelbook, not for $140 more.  I will admit though at least this one is kind of tempting.  Most of their top end CEs aren't interesting, but the box replicas, nice.  Even the shadow box picture thing is kind of cool just because it's different & it's something I haven't seen before.  Still not enough for me to justify spending that amount but at least this one is a step up.

Jesus, $175 for the Ultimate Edition!?! As much as I like a steelbook, not for $140 more. I will admit though at least this one is kind of tempting. Most of their top end CEs aren't interesting, but the box replicas, nice. Even the shadow box picture thing is kind of cool just because it's different & it's something I haven't seen before. Still not enough for me to justify spending that amount but at least this one is a step up.
I want it. But I also have much better things to buy for that kind of money.

People are blinded by nostalgia. Give me actual well-made Castlevania art prints that I can frame for that kind of money; I'd rather have that. This is a bunch of paper boxes for $175, and you have to spend that much in order to get the steelbook.

Out of all of their CE contents, I really only want the game and the steelbook. It's a shame that there isn't just some steelbook edition for people to buy.

bread's done
Back