Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
On the tweet for it they have not definitively said it'll be a compilation on PS5... though it alludes to it. Oddly the picture shown mentions it'll also be on PS4.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1404531094108655623
Hm... so coming to PS4 and PS5. The fact that 2 of the games already have PS4 releases gives me hope that it's a comp.

But also surprised this isn't coming to NS though I guess it's bc NS already has standalone releases for all 5. They'll prob release it on New Nintendo Switch (or whatever they call it... but prob gonna be called New NS).

EDIT* Nevermind, just saw the other post... fucking hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, Republique was already released physical years back. Is this a new version or just a re-release?

Wait, Republique was already released physical years back. Is this a new version or just a re-release?
It sounds like they just added VR features to the PS4 version and a new commentary track even though the press releases uses the word "rebuilt". I don't believe a physical Switch version was released previously.

Would probably get the Shantae Compilation for PS5, the brawler bundle for Switch and River City Girls Switch stuff. I'll likely get none just cause I haven't bought from LRG since Toejam and Earl I think. Just not as interested.

WayForward

@WayForward

PlayStation 5 owners, your wish is granted: all five Shantae games (each sold separately) are coming to the system in the months ahead, and will receive physical releases from @LimitedRunGames! The original Shantae is coming to PS4 physically/digitally as well!

https://twitter.com/wayforward/status/1404532206656180227?s=21

Hard pass then. That just seems greedy, but LRG and Shantae fanboys will buy it up. Also how could no one be excited about that terrible Plumber's Don't Wear Ties? I'm guessing the license for that costed peanuts.

They had the best show to me. There show was still bad but still better then whatever Microsoft and square enix was trying to do.

Looks like the start of skirting around the "we'll never do a second print run" rule.

With the Shantae and River City Girls news, I'm expecting to see anything worthwhile on PS4 again on PS5.

I hope you all aren't going to double dip.

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would buy a PS5 disc version of a PS4 physical release, when 90% of the time they have identical features, and the latter can be played on two generations of consoles???

unknown.png

I called this last year on their Discord. I shouldn't be surprised or disappointed, and yet here we are.

A lot of the Shantae Ps4 games are really expensive to buy second hand. I could see people who just want to own the games physically for a much cheaper price picking them up. 

Hard pass then. That just seems greedy, but LRG and Shantae fanboys will buy it up. Also how could no one be excited about that terrible Plumber's Don't Wear Ties? I'm guessing the license for that costed peanuts.
I mean, I've bought basically everything Shantae from them... but even I think this is insane unless they plan to charge like $20 for each game but I'd wager each one will be $40 each because of some excuse or another.

Also, I didn't even see that... gotta make a note to buy Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. That game is legendary.

selling Shantae individually is such bs. LRG is greedy. im sure these games can be fit onto one disc.
It's probably that it requires more work - I know they can develop a front end launcher, but isn't Playstation the only system that won't allow developers to put multiple games on one disc and create multiple launcher icons in the system UI? Wayforward or LRG would have to create a menu launcher and there is likely no incentive since they'll still easily sell as separate releases. I seem to recall that being the reason why the XBOX One version of Saint's Row IV didn't require a download code for the "Gat out of Hell" add-on and the Playstation version had a download code.

I've only ever played Half Genie Hero from when I got the collector's edition for 15 bucks at TRU and would love to play Risky's Revenge and Seven Sirens, etc but if each release is gonna be 40 bucks or something then forget it.

It would still be the same trophie list.
Same trophies, separate list so you could earn them again. Every PS5 game (including updated versions of existing PS4 games) has had a separate trophy list, so it shouldn't be any different for the Shantaes.

It's probably that it requires more work - I know they can develop a front end launcher, but isn't Playstation the only system that won't allow developers to put multiple games on one disc and create multiple launcher icons in the system UI? Wayforward or LRG would have to create a menu launcher and there is likely no incentive since they'll still easily sell as separate releases. I seem to recall that being the reason why the XBOX One version of Saint's Row IV didn't require a download code for the "Gat out of Hell" add-on and the Playstation version had a download code.
Playstation has allowed this for a while. Off the top of my head, Shenmue I & II, Cat Quest I & II, and Steamworld Collection did this on PS4. You put in the disc and can choose which games to install.

Can’t believe I will see nmh collectors editions before I see my Scott pilgrim classic edition that I ordered with the vinyl soundtrack

SNES all the way. Better colors, better sound, plus the Genesis didn’t have enough buttons so they lopped off a good chunk of the screen to put a black bar with the map in there instead of it being its own button like on SNES.

Oh once Bloodstained curse of the moon 2 for the switch gets on deck my no more heroes games will ship with it. then I can play all three NMH games before 3. When will curse of the moon 2 switch get on deck?

Oh once Bloodstained curse of the moon 2 for the switch gets on deck my no more heroes games will ship with it. then I can play all three NMH games before 3. When will curse of the moon 2 switch get on deck?
It won't come on the deck Nintendo will delivery it straight to buyers via drones :beer:

I just noticed the randomized cartridge colors for Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol.  Nice.  The main photo for the premium editions shows off the transparent colored cartridges - gotta read the details to find out it's a lottery.  No idea what the ratio is between standard gray/transparent colored.  You can be assured of getting a colored cartridge.... if you flip for the $450 bundle.

I just noticed the randomized cartridge colors for Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol. Nice. The main photo for the premium editions shows off the transparent colored cartridges - gotta read the details to find out it's a lottery. No idea what the ratio is between standard gray/transparent colored. You can be assured of getting a colored cartridge.... if you flip for the $450 bundle.
since its a open pre-order you will be able to pick the color you want that how they have done in the past

I kinda want Zombies on both Genesis and SNES but I'm seriously concerned about the quality of the carts. All these SNES reproduction carts always seem to have a problem in one form or another. I really don't wanna deal with a Super Double  Dragon situation again where the cart may not even work on an original system.

I kinda want Zombies on both Genesis and SNES but I'm seriously concerned about the quality of the carts. All these SNES reproduction carts always seem to have a problem in one form or another. I really don't wanna deal with a Super Double Dragon situation again where the cart may not even work on an original system.
Zombies ate my neighbors isn't a rare cart by any means anyways

bread's done
Back