Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Noticed my Obra Dinn collectors edition was handed to DHL on the 7th…..and no activity since. Anyone experienced issues since they switched over to DHL?

Same here. My Obra CE was handed off to DHL on the 7th apparently. No activity since. I opened a support ticket and they said it wouldn't be considered "lost" until the 21st.

Awesome. Looks like I’ll have to follow suit. Oddly enough I only noticed it because I went through some of my records on their site and saw it was “fulfilled”. Another set of games arrived unannounced with no emails relating to them shipping and I decided to look through my records.

I have an item that shows "in hand" and "unfulfilled" for over a month now.  Should I be questioning this, or is it normal for them to sit on items that are in hand?

I have an item that shows "in hand" and "unfulfilled" for over a month now. Should I be questioning this, or is it normal for them to sit on items that are in hand?
Is it a lone item or was ordered along with something else? Cause they won't ship anything til everything on the order is available to do so.

Count me as one of those with a Cthulhu saves christmas with no shipping notice.  Just happened to notice it was ship while going over my account.  While it has been moving in shipment the DHL tracking says it was delivered on the 17th & I still haven't received it, though this could be DHL or my Post Office (they have a tendacy to sit on packages they receive for a couple of days).  Hopefully it will arrive later today, but yeah I'm not a fan of DHL either.  Every interaction with them has been on the negative side.  I'm not looking forward to the future to fondly especially if you order a pricey & fraglie CE.  I really think it's going to come back & bite LRG.

Got a reply to my Obra Dinn shipping ticket. LRG says they had a issue and the games will be dispatched in small batches and should be done shipping by the first week of July. They said to be in contact if there’s no update by the second week of July ( which would be over a month from the label being created). I really hope this isn’t foreshadowing of how shipping will be from this point.

Got a reply to my Obra Dinn shipping ticket. LRG says they had a issue and the games will be dispatched in small batches and should be done shipping by the first week of July. They said to be in contact if there’s no update by the second week of July ( which would be over a month from the label being created). I really hope this isn’t foreshadowing of how shipping will be from this point.
2me24o.gif

strictly limited games has awful customer service. I had a question for them about my order and they replied with non-answers regarding Aisha monster world and clockwork aquario. Useless support. All I wanted to know is when things would ship and if my order of aisha would be held up because it's attached to the delayed aquario but they couldn't answer.

Zombies ate my neighbors isn't a rare cart by any means anyways
At this point, any decently-known SNES game is going to go for a hefty price on the second-hand market. You are correct, of course. Zombies isn't a particularly rare title. It got a decent print run back in the day, and was even fairly popular and well-known in its time. And it wasn't even one of the larger or more technically demanding cartridges, so it didn't cost an arm and a leg to produce. (like Chrono Trigger)

But as with all popular SNES carts, the second-hand price for Zombies is probably upwards of $40 right now for a bare cartridge. This is the state of affairs that can make public repros more appealing. Even common carts often go for fairly obscene prices thanks to their relative scarcity, and the increased interest in the hobby. The older these things get, the more expensive they become. And public repros like what retro-bit dapples in only increases demand for the original carts. Stealth repros are a bane to collectors, but clearly labeled, officially licensed repros don't damage the original carts value at all. They just raise awareness while providing a new "version" to collect.

Thankfully these repro carts do nothing for me.  I rarely play my old systems, if anything I should sell that stuff off it gets so little use.  There's other more convenient ways to play most of it anyway.

strictly limited games has awful customer service. I had a question for them about my order and they replied with non-answers regarding Aisha monster world and clockwork aquario. Useless support. All I wanted to know is when things would ship and if my order of aisha would be held up because it's attached to the delayed aquario but they couldn't answer.
I’ve only had a positive experience with SLG customer service. My Darius CE shipped but never received it. I waited longer to contact them because of the pandemic and was told to wait 2 more weeks. After 2 weeks passed nothing changed so the mailed me a replacement and it arrived quickly and in mint condition.

Is it a lone item or was ordered along with something else? Cause they won't ship anything til everything on the order is available to do so.
It is a lone item, that's why I was wondering about it. Makes no sense unless they are backlogged trying to push out items with larger production runs.

I’ve only had a positive experience with SLG customer service. My Darius CE shipped but never received it. I waited longer to contact them because of the pandemic and was told to wait 2 more weeks. After 2 weeks passed nothing changed so the mailed me a replacement and it arrived quickly and in mint condition.
Same. SLG has shown great customer service the few times I reached out to them. I ordered Vasara Vita and Switch from them and the Switch copy wasn’t in the box when I opened it. They said they would ship it with my next order (which I ok’ed, I was patient) and three months later when that order dispatched it was included.

Estimated Ship Date changed to July 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 178 (95.7%)
  • On Deck: 8 (4.3%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 77 (41.4%)
  • July 2021: 42 (22.6%)
  • August 2021: 23 (12.4%)
  • Q2 2021: 9 (4.8%)
  • Q4 2021: 8 (4.3%)
  • June 2021: 7 (3.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 5 (2.7%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • May 2021: 2 (1.1%)
  • Q1 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • 2021: 1 (0.5%)

I received my copy of Terminator Resistance PS5 CE yesterday.

I am very pleased with the purchase. I think the steel book looks great and the mini comic is also really nice.
I only buy standard releases but I glad I decided to get this CE.

Estimated Ship Date changed to July 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021: 
  • In Production: 177 (95.7%)
  • On Deck: 8 (4.3%)

• TBD: 76 (41.1%)
  • July 2021: 48 (25.9%)
  • August 2021: 23 (12.4%)
  • Q2 2021: 9 (4.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 6 (3.2%)
  • June 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Last edited by a moderator:
Production Status changed to On Deck: 
  • In Production: 173 (93.5%)
  • On Deck: 12 (6.5%)

• TBD: 76 (41.1%)
  • July 2021: 48 (25.9%)
  • August 2021: 22 (11.9%)
  • Q2 2021: 7 (3.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 6 (3.2%)

What is the consensus if SCAT and Mega Man Trilogy will arrive before Christmas? Both were bought as Christmas gifts. I'm fairly confident on SCAT, but not so much on Mega Man,

What is the consensus if SCAT and Mega Man Trilogy will arrive before Christmas? Both were bought as Christmas gifts. I'm fairly confident on SCAT, but not so much on Mega Man,
SCAT probably will, I'm doubtful on Mega Man. Not that they always fulfill things in sequence, but they're still working on orders from last year and the Mega Man repros aren't a "this is super visible so let's rush it through the queue" kinda game (like River City Girls, Scott Pilgrim, etc.). Retro stuff and CEs both increase the chance of delays.

I'm okay with this PS5 version as a backdoor second run trick if it means a reasonably priced copy of Curse of the Moon 1 for me. Those games are some of my favorites in years and I missed out.

I totally forgot about the Castlevania Anniversary Collection until I started reading this thread...glad I did!  I love the series!

In turn, while ordering, I noticed they are printing Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol...simply boggled my mind! :shock:

I haven't ordered from LRG since last year...never saw these coming. 

And rumor is they are releasing RetroMania Wrestling!? If that's true, I will bury my current pants deep in the earth to contribute in preserving the DNA of the human race for future species to discover.

They are also releasing Castlevania Requiem, which has Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood. It was announced at their E3 show.
Also didn't know this...thanks dude! I assume this is further into the short future, as I don't see this info on their site. Did they give any ETA?

As for E3...I miss the old days. It was a spectacle! Bands, booze, and babes!

Also didn't know this...thanks dude! I assume this is further into the short future, as I don't see this info on their site. Did they give any ETA?

As for E3...I miss the old days. It was a spectacle! Bands, booze, and babes!
Nah, no Eta yet. we know its getting released by LRG, just not when. Heres a list of everything they announced: The full list of LRG3 2021 announced Limited Run Games is as follows (in alphabetical order):

• Axiom Verge 2 (Switch, PS4, PS5)
  • BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites (Switch, PS4)
  • Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (PS4)
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Turbo Duo)
  • Contra Anniversary Collection (Switch, PS4)
  • DOUBLE DRAGON & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle (Switch)
  • DUSK (Switch, PS4)
  • Ghoul Patrol (Switch, PS4, SNES)
  • Going Under (Switch, PS4)
  • Haven (Switch, PS4, PS5)
  • Huntdown: Collector's Edition (Switch, PS4)
  • One Step From Eden (Switch, PS4)
  • Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (Switch, PS4, PS5, PC)
  • République: Anniversary Edition (Switch, PS4, PlayStation VR)
  • RetroMania Wrestling (Switch, PS4)
  • River City Girls (PS5)
  • River City Girls Zero (Switch)
  • River City Girls 2 (Switch, PS4, PS5)
  • RWBY: Grimm Eclipse (Switch)
  • Shantae (PS4, PS5)
  • Shantae: Risky’s Revenge - Director's Cut (PS5)
  • Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (PS5)
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (PS5)
  • Shantae and the Seven Sirens (PS5)
  • SkateBIRD (Switch)
  • Strife (Switch)
  • SUPERHOT (Switch, PS4)
  • The TakeOver (Switch, PS4)
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Switch, PS4, SNES, Genesis)

Anyone know what LRG decided to do with those tickets they used to send out games with? I remember them saying they were going to do something "special" once and for all so you can trade them in but that was like  2-3 years ago, maybe. I have like a stash of these tickets and I've been out of the loop but when i saw their E3 presentation, I was hoping to hear something. But nothing about it was mentioned  :cry:

Anyone know what LRG decided to do with those tickets they used to send out games with? I remember them saying they were going to do something "special" once and for all so you can trade them in but that was like 2-3 years ago, maybe. I have like a stash of these tickets and I've been out of the loop but when i saw their E3 presentation, I was hoping to hear something. But nothing about it was mentioned :cry:
They were allowing ticket submittal and exchange for games and other swag, but according to their website, the ticket redemption program was discontinued 11/1/2020. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to submit a help desk ticket to inquire about it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

They were allowing ticket submittal and exchange for games and other swag, but according to their website, the ticket redemption program was discontinued 11/1/2020. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to submit a help desk ticket to inquire about it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I sent my tickets in for Papers Please and Super Meat Boy, the later has never been released. I hope they are keeping track of those redemptions. I did get Papers Please, but had to contact them once it was on the site. They said they could not ship SMB even though it was in the blind boxes. Have to wait.

I sent my tickets in for Papers Please and Super Meat Boy, the later has never been released. I hope they are keeping track of those redemptions. I did get Papers Please, but had to contact them once it was on the site. They said they could not ship SMB even though it was in the blind boxes. Have to wait.
Definitely follow up with them after Super Meat Boy is listed and sold. They always hold back reserves for damaged/missing shipments, so you should be good as long as there’s still stock available. I would imagine it was a pretty limited print run, so don’t wait too long to submit a help desk ticket after the game is listed.

bread's done
Back