Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So... I guess LRG shipped my Obra Dinn PS4 CE and Papers Please back on June 10... and never sent an email saying it shipped. Nor handed it off to DHL? They have it noted as en route to DHL but there's been on updates on the tracking. 

Is this normal? This would be my first DHL shipment so I have no clue what to expect. 

This is the second time LRG has completely forgotten about me. I make an order and the release date comes and goes and they don't send me anything. Like, are all their orders written on a piece of paper? Do they not have a digital system to track orders?

For those that missed out or were interested in the Huntdown Collector's Edition. There’s a possibility of a second print run that is “if there is enough interest,” they'll make some more of these! I was totally caught off-guard that this was released in small print numbers for both Switch and PS4 during the week and not on the usual Friday. Perhaps, Limited Run Games didn’t want customers to combine shipping with their Friday releases.

If this happens, I would like to see them produce a Mow Man and Anna Conda along with the John Sawyer action figure offered as a bundle similar to the Jak and Daxter Fan Bundle. Yeah, I know, fellow CAGS, it's not gonna happen. Well sign-up at the bottom of the website if you're interested in the Huntdown Collector’s Edition: Part Deux!

So... I guess LRG shipped my Obra Dinn PS4 CE and Papers Please back on June 10... and never sent an email saying it shipped. Nor handed it off to DHL? They have it noted as en route to DHL but there's been on updates on the tracking.

Is this normal? This would be my first DHL shipment so I have no clue what to expect.
Since LRG switched shipping partners they've had trouble sending out shipping confirmations. LRG has said that it is a software issue which is supposed to be corrected this week.

With Obra Dinn, not all have been sent out yet. LRG expects to have them shipped by next week. Mine is being held up as well.

Since LRG switched shipping partners they've had trouble sending out shipping confirmations. LRG has said that it is a software issue which is supposed to be corrected this week.

With Obra Dinn, not all have been sent out yet. LRG expects to have them shipped by next week. Mine is being held up as well.
thanks I was wondering what was going on last week I had 2 orders from them show up at my door with out me getting a shipping confirmation email

To buy the $174.99 Castlevania Collection or not...
Do you like tiny cardboard boxes and michael’s shadow box craft displays? I’m in the same spot. I’m not an LRG regular at all, I usually just pretend they don’t exist (for the sake of my wallet) and will probably continue to do so in this case. Was thinking about it, but that is an absurd markup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you like tiny cardboard boxes and michael’s shadow box craft displays? I’m in the same spot. I’m not an LRG regular at all, I usually just pretend they don’t exist (for the sake of my wallet) and will probably continue to do so in this case. Was thinking about it, but that is an absurd markup.
Even worse that the steelbook is tied to only that edition. Such bull

Even worse that the steelbook is tied to only that edition. Such bull
That steelbook is the only thing about it that I don't like. That is one weird steelbook - I can't think of when else a steelbook has been sabotaged to that degree. The huge "C"s on the front and back just ruin the whole thing.

Guess the Castlevania preorders are done anyway, makes the decision for me.  Looked one more time, yeah, that steelbook is ugly.  I got the collection for $5 digitally anyway, not interested in the extras for more than $50 or so, and wouldn’t spend more than $30 for a physical copy of the game.  I can just wait for next gen’s castlevania super anniversary collection.  Will see if I can resist the symphony of the night re-release as well…but it’s the same freaking game I already own physically for ps1, I don’t need it again…

That steelbook is the only thing about it that I don't like. That is one weird steelbook - I can't think of when else a steelbook has been sabotaged to that degree. The huge "C"s on the front and back just ruin the whole thing.
You know, I didn't even realize this until you mentioned it... but you're right. That's a horrible design. They could have well have NOT put the C and and crescent moon logo on the middle the case, or put it much higher up, and it would be been perfectly fine. Or made it into a slipcover for the SB instead of including a NES jacket.

I'm just wondering... Where do you guys keep all of the room to store your collections? I see some people trying to do complete sets of consoles, complete LRG sets, always buying big CE, wanting everything to be CIB... I don't see where they can store all of this.

I'm just wondering... Where do you guys keep all of the room to store your collections? I see some people trying to do complete sets of consoles, complete LRG sets, always buying big CE, wanting everything to be CIB... I don't see where they can store all of this.
I'm not over the top with collecting at the pace or depth of others, but for my collection I took a foyer closet and built shelving units that fit exactly the space to maximize storage for games, movies, and music. Each shelf is built with pine 1"x4"xWhateverLength (or maybe its 1"x6"?... it's just a little deeper than a dvd case). Some shelves are spaced for GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS/CD sized content. Most are for more standard console boxes (usually just taller than DVD so I can still put a finger in there to pull a game). Then I changed the door handle so I could lock it if I wanted. If I filled it full, I think it would hold maybe 1000 to 2000 games... depending on game types (boxed GB...etc are thicker than modern system games).

I've seen people with truly massive collections that have massive rooms full of shelves. This is often custom built shelves to maximize the space, mixed with bookshelves for free standing in the room. Checkout youtube for some of those guys. I never want that many games. My "media closet" as I call it is just about perfect. Right now though I don't even keep switch games in there as I'm playing switch mainly... so I have a few small freestanding cabinets (that have doors) meant for dvds and cds hidden around the corner of my fireplace out of view for quick game changes (tv & switch are on the mantle).

I have a "cart only" rule for anything GBA or earlier, and that saves a ton of room. I also avoid almost all CEs because of the space they take up (and the cost). Plus it helps that 80-90% of what I collect is handheld stuff, so most of it fits in a few decently-sized bookshelves.

At this point I would advise any would-be collectors to get into emulation instead though. Game collecting is soooo expensive right now. Hopefully it'll get better in the future, but who knows.

At this point I would advise any would-be collectors to get into emulation instead though. Game collecting is soooo expensive right now. Hopefully it'll get better in the future, but who knows.
It definitely can be... especially if buying all these new full priced limited games. Being picky helps a lot. But going back to some older stuff isn't that bad if you pick some less popular games. Like last week I decided to grab a copy of the Level-5 game Snack World for Switch. Ended up getting a copy for under $20 on ebay that is complete. Given my interest in level-5 and some of the gaps in my collection I'm considering the Yo-Kai watch games on 3DS... the 3rd one is $100 or more for a complete copy... the first two (fleshy souls for the second one) can be found for under $25 total if you shop around ($5 for the first game at $5 Below and some other shops still and not much more on ebay).

But if you are going for well loved games... now is the housing bubble of the game market. It's a bad time for buyers (same for home buyers). It's a pretty great time to sell if you don't want to ride the bubble to see how big this can get.

I have a designated "media-wall", that is basically one enormous stretch of shelves. And it doesn't contain all of my games. At this point, it isn't possible to keep all of my games on display simultaneously. 40 years of gaming history is difficult to contain. I have to trim it down to the more prominent titles.

I also have been cutting back considerably on collectors editions and oversized versions for my collection. Not only does it save money, but it saves a lot of space as well. Those big boxes just eat up room. I don't shun them entirely, but I limit them to the ones I REALLY want. Eventually, I will likely move into a bigger house. When that happens, I will be able to designate a particular room for my game storage. Until then, I make do.

It ain't pretty but my entire bedroom is basically games everywhere and I've now had to store some stuff in boxes in front of my shelves and under my bad. Granted I've been collecting for 20 years and my condo does have a second bedroom I could use, but I keep that as a guest room. My SO moving in within a year, so I got a year to figure out where she's gonna keep her stuff.LOL I had planned to move this year but then COVID happened and now every thing is space is super expensive.

Just got the 5 year customer loyalty gift in the mail today.  Its a coin in a Vita game box.  I cant say I'm too surprised though I was holding out hope they would be sending an actual game or game variant.

Just got the 5 year customer loyalty gift in the mail today. Its a coin in a Vita game box. I cant say I'm too surprised though I was holding out hope they would be sending an actual game or game variant.
Was curious what this would be and it's kinda neat. With things being free, I never expect much and at least you got something that's metal (at least I assume it's a metal coin) and plastic, instead of paper.

Just got the 5 year customer loyalty gift in the mail today. Its a coin in a Vita game box. I cant say I'm too surprised though I was holding out hope they would be sending an actual game or game variant.
I was kind of hoping for a gift card for a future purchase or some kind of discount code for being a customer for all these years along with whatever physical item they were going to send. I will be on the look out for it to arrive sometime soon I hope.

Just got mine today too:

zooTtuU.jpg

QLe5GEy.jpg

b0sGObV.jpg

I wonder if I will get this I did buy a few of their first games...

I have an office with 4 ikea shelves, it holds collectibles, PC games, Sony family (Ps1, PS2, PS3 and PS4)  DC, GC, Xbox, and Genesis and of course LRG 

Consoles are also hooked up here. Downstairs is the Wii, Xbox Series X and the Switch. Wii and Switch games are there on a small shelf

I did recently slim down some of my PS2, LRG and some PS3 stuff. Got rid of stuff that Im never going to play

I have almost no GC games left, moving that to a ODE solution, OG Xbox is modded and I still have a few physical games, 1 DC has a gdemu (still have lots of those disk games for the other DC), Genesis and N64 both have Everdrives and the PS1 has a PSIO.

Need to probaby do something for the PS2 but...that's a pain

Shop app updated for me tonight and said nmh shipped I didn’t know so I checked and says coming tomorrow I’m happy to get the bundle. I just hope no damage

I wonder if I will get this I did buy a few of their first games...
I messaged support to ask what the criteria was, and it's apparently only for users who created their account on the site in 2015. Their only 2015 release was Breach and Clear. So since my first purchase was Saturday Morning RPG (early 2016, their second release) I was ineligible.

I have an office with 4 ikea shelves, it holds collectibles, PC games, Sony family (Ps1, PS2, PS3 and PS4) DC, GC, Xbox, and Genesis and of course LRG

Consoles are also hooked up here. Downstairs is the Wii, Xbox Series X and the Switch. Wii and Switch games are there on a small shelf

I did recently slim down some of my PS2, LRG and some PS3 stuff. Got rid of stuff that Im never going to play

I have almost no GC games left, moving that to a ODE solution, OG Xbox is modded and I still have a few physical games, 1 DC has a gdemu (still have lots of those disk games for the other DC), Genesis and N64 both have Everdrives and the PS1 has a PSIO.

Need to probaby do something for the PS2 but...that's a pain
Is there a ODE solution for the Pananosic 3DO??? My cd drive has stopped working years ago and I was not able to get it fixed, so now Im waiting to hear for a ODE solution someday

I received my 5 Year Anniversary gift in the mail as well yesterday. I haven't opened mine yet since I saw the photos in the thread.  Mine also arrived with some minor damage: the box cutter cut on the plastic.

The full criteria was to purchase Breach and Clear and also have purchased something recently, being an active customer.  You should have also received an email from them to confirm your address for the gift.

Pretty sure they said the criteria was creating an account when purchasing B&C Vita and purchasing something in 2020.  I failed the second one as my only LRG game in 2020 was from Best Buy.

A couple chunks of metal in a plastic box for a company I'm not a huge fan of... I'll survive.

I have to wonder how many of those are going to have the gold piece dislodged from the Vita slot and rolling around the box. ;)

Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 174 (93.0%)
  • On Deck: 13 (7.0%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 78 (41.7%)
  • July 2021: 48 (25.7%)
  • August 2021: 22 (11.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 7 (3.7%)
  • Q4 2021: 7 (3.7%)
  • Q2 2021: 4 (2.1%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • May 2021: 2 (1.1%)

I received my 5 Year Anniversary gift in the mail as well yesterday. I haven't opened mine yet since I saw the photos in the thread. Mine also arrived with some minor damage: the box cutter cut on the plastic.

The full criteria was to purchase Breach and Clear and also have purchased something recently, being an active customer. You should have also received an email from them to confirm your address for the gift.
Damn guess I got cut off since I haven't bought anything from them since 2017 lol

<p>
Production Status changed to On Deck:

Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 174 (93.0%)
  • On Deck: 13 (7.0%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 78 (41.7%)
  • July 2021: 48 (25.7%)
  • August 2021: 22 (11.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 7 (3.7%)
  • Q4 2021: 7 (3.7%)
  • Q2 2021: 4 (2.1%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • May 2021: 2 (1.1%)
Love these updates. Where do you get them? Generally how quick does a game go from "On Deck" to "Shipping"?

Love these updates. Where do you get them?
Thanks!

This is all information that LRG posts on their Production Updates page, but I wrote a script that looks for changes and arranges them in a list form. Their page is really oriented around wanting you to click on each individual title instead of getting more of an overall picture.

The next time I’m in front of a computer, I can look into how long on average a game takes to go from On Deck to shipping.

bread's done
Back