Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Be careful what you're asking for. If they hire more people they will need to release more games to pay their salaries. I wish they would cut back as they release way too much stuff, but it won't happen. They need to keep their current pace to pay their 60+ employees. LRG pays their employees decent wages plus benefits.
With the margins on games being what they are (and especially on the CE stuff/merch) I'm pretty sure there's wiggle room in the budget for a few more support/shipping staff. They're planning on opening a retail store and an EU warehouse, which are orders of magnitude more expensive. If you're doubtful, Josh's LinkedIn boasts about $100M+ in revenue and nearing 2M games sold.

With the margins on games being what they are (and especially on the CE stuff/merch) I'm pretty sure there's wiggle room in the budget for a few more support/shipping staff. They're planning on opening a retail store and an EU warehouse, which are orders of magnitude more expensive. If you're doubtful, Josh's LinkedIn boasts about $100M+ in revenue and nearing 2M games sold.
$100M in revenue over the lifespan of the company doesn't mean or tell us much. What matters is how much they're paying devs to publish those games and then of course operating costs. Sure, I don't doubt LRG is doing well, but I wouldn't immediately jump to the conclusion that they're doing gangbusters.

Last edited by a moderator:
$100M in revenue over the lifespan of the company doesn't mean or tell us much. What matters is how much they're paying devs to publish those games and then of course operating costs. Sure, I don't doubt LRG is doing well, but I wouldn't immediately jump to the conclusion that they're doing gangbusters.
You're really underestimating how much money $100M is.They're not running a warehouse out of San Francisco and paying 60 employees six-figures here. They're based in NC, where real estate (office/warehouse space) is comparably pretty affordable, and paying their non-executive employees "well" would likely be $15-$20/hr ($30k-$40k, probably $40k-$50k post employer-sponsored benefits).

I'm not trying to say that they're Amazon or that they should hire ten people every time ticket volume picks up, but at their scale a few new staff members aren't suddenly going to put them out of business or make them sell more to stay afloat unless they're miserably mismanaging their finances.

You're really underestimating how much money $100M is.They're not running a warehouse out of San Francisco and paying 60 employees six-figures here. They're based in NC, where real estate (office/warehouse space) is comparably pretty affordable, and paying their non-executive employees "well" would likely be $15-$20/hr ($30k-$40k, probably $40k-$50k post employer-sponsored benefits).

I'm not trying to say that they're Amazon or that they should hire ten people every time ticket volume picks up, but at their scale a few new staff members aren't suddenly going to put them out of business or make them sell more to stay afloat unless they're miserably mismanaging their finances.
Not to mention, unlike other businesses, they can get interest free loans by having people pay for something in months before it'll be ready for shipment. I mean... "pre-ordering" games.

For those Shantae fanboys that buy things like skate decks... Udon store has exclusive SDCC versions of the Art of Shantae book available. They originally said limited to 400, but I don't see that anymore, so I doubt it still applies. 

I'm still waiting for the Art of Shantae regular edition I ordered from Target 3 months ago as part of their last B1  G1 50% off sale.  I've approved like 4 delays on it.  

That book isn't scheduled to come out until August 24
I wish someone would let Target know, they've been emailing me every week telling me it's backordered and need to approve another delay. I'm like "Stop making me approve delays, just get it to me when it gets to me!" :p

Well this is coming sooner than I thought. It's been so long since I pre ordered from LRG that I thought Fall at the earliest

[attachment=35806:update.png]

I noticed that the title of this thread says that they have an outbreak of delayed shipping. Are shipping delays still an issue with LRG?

Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 181 (90.5%)
  • On Deck: 19 (9.5%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 95 (47.5%)
  • July 2021: 30 (15.0%)
  • August 2021: 24 (12.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (5.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 8 (4.0%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.5%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q2 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • May 2021: 1 (0.5%)

I noticed that the title of this thread says that they have an outbreak of delayed shipping. Are shipping delays still an issue with LRG?
We dont even get notices any more on when our stuff gets ship. So yeah, we get random boxes arriving at our homes sent by LRG without any kind of notice. I guess they took a cue out of EA and decided to give us their own version of "surprise mechanics"

We dont even get notices any more on when our stuff gets ship. So yeah, we get random boxes arriving at our homes sent by LRG without any kind of notice. I guess they took a cue out of EA and decided to give us their own version of "surprise mechanics"
tenor.gif

Still waiting on...NOTHING. Because pre-ordering can SUCK ME.
That was me for well over a year... but then Castlevania Anniversary Collection hit and I got weak. I only ordered the standard version and already have it digital so no worries on how long it's going to take.

Anyone's Shantae GBC CE ship yet? It seems like it's been on hand for weeks now and it's the one item holding up my mega bundle order.... 

Anyone's Shantae GBC CE ship yet? It seems like it's been on hand for weeks now and it's the one item holding up my mega bundle order....
I just got my notification email which is weird because a few days ago I had previously mentioned that LRG does not send out notification and you end up one day finding a box shipped by LRG in front of your house. I sometimes wonder if the LRG team/support read this forum from time to time lol.

Anyway to answer your question, yes i just got an email and yes my Shantae CE stuff is finally shipping.

EDIT: And to add to bojay1997 comment right above mine, it is being shipped by UPS too

I just got my notification email which is weird because a few days ago I had previously mentioned that LRG does not send out notification and you end up one day finding a box shipped by LRG in front of your house. I sometimes wonder if the LRG team/support read this forum from time to time lol.

Anyway to answer your question, yes i just got an email and yes my Shantae CE stuff is finally shipping.

EDIT: And to add to bojay1997 comment right above mine, it is being shipped by UPS too
There was a ton of discussion on their Discord about notifications not going out as soon as people started receiving shipments out of the blue. They were made aware of the problem right away, but it took them a while to fix for some reason.

Alright, guessing mine will ship out near the end because I have a ton of stuff in that order...

Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 190 (91.8%)
  • On Deck: 17 (8.2%)

• TBD: 109 (52.7%)
  • August 2021: 25 (12.1%)
  • July 2021: 24 (11.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 8 (3.9%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.4%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.4%)

There was a ton of discussion on their Discord about notifications not going out as soon as people started receiving shipments out of the blue. They were made aware of the problem right away, but it took them a while to fix for some reason.
They still don't seem to be fixed across the board. Folks were still posting about not getting notifications today. I got a package on Monday with no shipping notification.

They still don't seem to be fixed across the board. Folks were still posting about not getting notifications today. I got a package on Monday with no shipping notification.
I think my Monday package was also the last one that wasn't preceded by a shipping e-mail. The other two orders I received this week were preceded by shipping e-mails late last week.

I think my Monday package was also the last one that wasn't preceded by a shipping e-mail. The other two orders I received this week were preceded by shipping e-mails late last week.
Let's hope. The transition to DHL has been anything but smooth. I've got two orders that are apparently "On Deck" and scheduled to ship this month, I'll report back whether or not I get emails on those.

Let's hope. The transition to DHL has been anything but smooth. I've got two orders that are apparently "On Deck" and scheduled to ship this month, I'll report back whether or not I get emails on those.
DHL just seems like UPS 2.0... Obra Dinn CE supposedly shipped a week ago but still hasn't been picked up. And of course, this is after over a month of the initial DHL issue.

I have a feeling they "shipped" the Obra CE on the 15th just to buy time and avoid questions. Interesting timing as it was the end of the 2nd week of July.

heads up Infliction: Extended Cut (PS4) is no long an open preorder limited to 1,500 copies
Just curious, is there any reason to buy the PS5 versions of these games? Especially basic ones like the Kemco games. I would assume the Ps4 and Ps5 versions perform the same as either system could easily run the game. PS4 version would give more flexibility since it can be ran on both a PS4 or a PS5 system while the PS5 version can only be ran on a PS5. Or am i missing something?

Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 192 (91.9%)
  • On Deck: 17 (8.1%)

• TBD: 109 (52.2%)
  • August 2021: 27 (12.9%)
  • July 2021: 24 (11.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 8 (3.8%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.3%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.4%)

Reminded myself I need to pre-order the Takeover (PS4).  I wish Best Buy would carry this one, but given it's not Castlevania or Scott Pilgrim, understandably no. 

Glad LRG is releasing a physical release, albeit I'd prefer if it were in the $29.99 bucket.

Just curious, is there any reason to buy the PS5 versions of these games? Especially basic ones like the Kemco games. I would assume the Ps4 and Ps5 versions perform the same as either system could easily run the game. PS4 version would give more flexibility since it can be ran on both a PS4 or a PS5 system while the PS5 version can only be ran on a PS5. Or am i missing something?
Presumably the native PS5 versions will be a little more optimized, but these aren't exactly games that are pushing the boundaries of graphics or requiring extraordinary load times. I don't think you're missing anything, I think they're just trying to push more sales.

heads up Infliction: Extended Cut (PS4) is no long an open preorder limited to 1,500 copies
Thanks for the heads up!

Their Twitter/Facebook posts from 7/15 made it sound like both versions would be open pre-orders so it's really irritating that they didn't clarify the PS4 version would be limited to 1500 until this morning.

I was able to order a copy from the 2nd batch just now - fyi they're already down to ~160 copies in case anyone else wants to grab one.

Thanks for the heads up!

Their Twitter/Facebook posts from 7/15 made it sound like both versions would be open pre-orders so it's really irritating that they didn't clarify the PS4 version would be limited to 1500 until this morning.

I was able to order a copy from the 2nd batch just now - fyi they're already down to ~160 copies in case anyone else wants to grab one.
ask about this on facebook all they told me was "PS5 is open pre-order! Did you get your PS4 copy, too?!"

I told them no I didn't know it was limited until I had all ready made my order

I can't speak to Infliction specifically, but when this was asked about the Shantae games, WayForward replied that the PS5 versions would have Activity Cards along with some DualSense features.

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/1413892348761677824

Thanks for the heads up!

Where can you find out how many copies they have left of a title?

bread's done
Back