Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1427678769125408772

Seems like they're extending the last merch wave's sale dates but not the game's. This makes me think the latest merch wave didn't sell as well as they thought. I would say I hope they learn from this, but they're probably still making a ton of money from it and I've little hope that LRG will get better at this point.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1427678769125408772

Seems like they're extending the last merch wave's sale dates but not the game's. This makes me think the latest merch wave didn't sell as well as they thought. I would say I hope they learn from this, but they're probably still making a ton of money from it and I've little hope that LRG will get better at this point.
Or it's very possible they sold very well and they're just gonna keep it going, especially with Pirate's Curse being the most popular game. I mean, I'd imagine a bigger order would result in lower production costs for the merch.

To be honest, I don't mind the merch, but I did not expect them to release Pirate's Curse so soon after RR. And given how it looks like the world is headed for another shutdown, I cannot wait to see how long this release takes....

EDIT* I'm an idiot- I did not realize this is also the announcement for 1/2 Genie Hero. Jesus, this is just too soon after Pirate's Curse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it was confirmed in the comments that the Switch version WILL come with the latest patch on-cart. The PS4 copies will be 1.0 and need to download a patch.
Is that patch essential? I may pick this up on PS4, though I have a few others I'd rather spend my money on atm.

Ugh I missed little witch academia vr... I've been so conditioned to not check my email by LRG that the first time something I want is out I miss it..

Did Best Buy ever get Terminator Resistance Enhanced (PS5)? I could have sworn that was supposed to be sold there (honestly not sure how long ago it was on LRG website so maybe it hasn’t shipped yet).

I see these cool region free collection editions on Amazon of the game, it would work fine in the US and wouldn’t be censored or missing subtitles or anything would it?

Did Best Buy ever get Terminator Resistance Enhanced (PS5)? I could have sworn that was supposed to be sold there (honestly not sure how long ago it was on LRG website so maybe it hasn’t shipped yet).

I see these cool region free collection editions on Amazon of the game, it would work fine in the US and wouldn’t be censored or missing subtitles or anything would it?
well the listing on LRG web site states that best buy maybe selling it

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced (PS5) – Limited Run Games

Weird. They're calling them pre-orders even though they're already printed and assembled. Makes me wonder how long it will take them to ship these already manufactured items.

Monster boy needed a reprint. Think it's currently like $80 - $100 in box and $150ish new for just the standard switch game. Time to sell my one loose copy while it's still worth anything. 

It’s been a full week since my script last detected an update, but here goes:

Estimated Ship Date changed to September 2021:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 205 (85.8%)
  • On Deck: 34 (14.2%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 133 (55.6%)
  • August 2021: 35 (14.6%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.2%)
  • July 2021: 6 (2.5%)
  • 2021: 5 (2.1%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.3%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • September 2021: 1 (0.4%)

Holy shit, what's going on with the prices? Was planning on picking up Haven since I thought it was going to be $30, but $40(!!) for that shit? Absolutely crazy. These companies are absolutely loving the ability to FOMO abuse. They're gonna start doing indies at a $40 release point?

Holy shit, what's going on with the prices? Was planning on picking up Haven since I thought it was going to be $30, but $40(!!) for that shit? Absolutely crazy. These companies are absolutely loving the ability to FOMO abuse. They're gonna start doing indies at a $40 release point?
It's a $25 digital game. You expected to pay $5 more for physical?

$15 premium for physical has been pretty standard practice for LRG

Plus expensive IMHO shipping cost although they pack their stuff well. I just rarely find stuff I really want anymore and usually just get digitally cheaper, although I may not be able to play those in 10 years or whatever.

It's a $25 digital game. You expected to pay $5 more for physical?
I expect to pay no more than $10 (bringing it to $35, and that seems to be what most indies are hilariously retailing at) but that's besides the point because Haven is not a $25 dollar game. It should've released at no more than $20.

Appreciate you bringing that up too since it's clear the devs have been off from the beginning, so that alone should make it an easy decision not to support.

Plus expensive IMHO shipping cost although they pack their stuff well. I just rarely find stuff I really want anymore and usually just get digitally cheaper, although I may not be able to play those in 10 years or whatever.
Most of these games that LRG and company have been releasing, no one will want to play in 10 years, which kinda defeats the purpose. Like I said, they're completely booming now solely because of FOMO. Most of these titles are nothing more than shelf pieces/trading chips.

Most of these games that LRG and company have been releasing, no one will want to play in 10 years, which kinda defeats the purpose. Like I said, they're completely booming now solely because of FOMO. Most of these titles are nothing more than shelf pieces/trading chips.
Regardless, while *everyone* I'm sure would prefer lower prices, I still think it's overall good that there are publishers that continue to bring digital-oinly titles to physical discs. If you're not interested in a particular game, don't buy it (of course). I don't understand those who complain about LRG releasing games that no one would care about later on. Isn't the simple solution to not buy it, then?

I pick up those LRG games I want to play, as I only buy physical games. Haven is one I'm interested in.

As to the pricing, I dislike that MSRPs for all of these smaller print-runs are rising. That said, there really is no way around it because physical media for games is on a sharp and inevitable decline. AA games that normally got retail releases are increasingly going to stay digital only until a publisher like LRG or iam8bit print it because of the economics.

It just means these releases will get pricier and pricier because -- well, capitalism -- wound up inside this is rising costs of materials and consumers' willingness to pay "premiums" to have a physical copy. It doesn't help that supply chains remain broken (and probably will be for a while) and that costs of goods/services are all on the rise.

At some point, I'm dropping out because I'll be priced out, and also because I've been losing interest with games for a while now. I barely have time to play much, and (for me) it's yet another telling sign when even Legend of Zelda BotW (1 or 2) couldn't make me care (hated BotW, btw). At least I'm still mildly interested in wanting to play Mario Odyssey.

Just announced via their FB:

LRG will have physical versions of Quake for PS4/Switch on 8/27.
Standard, Deluxe, & Ultimate Editions available for both consoles.

Weirdly, the Anamanaguchi Slipmat was on deck but reverted back to being in-production.

Estimated Ship Date changed to September 2021:Production Status changed to In Production:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 208 (87.0%)
  • On Deck: 31 (13.0%)

• TBD: 140 (58.6%)
  • August 2021: 33 (13.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.2%)
  • September 2021: 4 (1.7%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.3%)
  • July 2021: 1 (0.4%)

LRG always overcharging their CEs. making ppl buy just to get either the soundtrack CDs or the steelbooks.
Totally agree, I wish they would let us create our own bundle when it's an open pre order, for example I may just want the game and soundtrack.

Am I doing the math wrong or is the Mega Bundle discounted for once?
  • PS5 Limited Run #6: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - 35
  • PS5 Limited Run #6: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero — Collector's Edition - 70
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Rottytops Plush (Fangamer) - 29
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Sticker Set - 10
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Trading Card Set - 15
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Skateboard Deck (Rottytops) - 75
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Skateboard Deck (Shantae) - 75
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Board Grip Tape X2 - 30 (15 each)
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Techno Grunt Keychain - 10
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Acrylic Standee - 10
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - POG Set - 17
  • The full set of pack-in Limited Run Games Trading Cards - 0
  • Bundle exclusive card - 0
  • This bundle includes one guaranteed gold card - 0

I'm getting $376 with all of that... so $19 cheaper for the bundle vs standalone.

Also, is the bundle open pre-order now that the decks are not limited?

• PS5 Limited Run #6: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - 35
  • PS5 Limited Run #6: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero — Collector's Edition - 70
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Rottytops Plush (Fangamer) - 29
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Sticker Set - 10
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Trading Card Set - 15
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Skateboard Deck (Rottytops) - 75
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Skateboard Deck (Shantae) - 75
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Board Grip Tape X2 - 30 (15 each)
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Techno Grunt Keychain - 10
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - Acrylic Standee - 10
  • Shantae : Half-Genie Hero - POG Set - 17
  • The full set of pack-in Limited Run Games Trading Cards - 0
  • Bundle exclusive card - 0
  • This bundle includes one guaranteed gold card - 0

I'm getting $376 with all of that... so $19 cheaper for the bundle vs standalone.

Also, is the bundle open pre-order now that the decks are not limited?
I was talking about the other bundle. I calculate $425 in MSRP listed for $344.

I was talking about the other bundle. I calculate $425 in MSRP listed for $344.
I'm calculating 459.92 for that second bundle... 304.96 for the collectors/special editions and 154.96 for the standards. $344.99 for that.. is a pretty massive discount... though buying the same game for PS4, PS5, Switch and then doubling down with all the collectors editions which also have the game seems odd people would want that in the first place.

Did Scott Pilgrim ever go available for Pre-Order @ BestBuy?  I've been watching it ever since it popped up but has always said "Coming Soon"

Re: Quake - wow $50 more for a steelbook, poster, keychain, and coin. Then the $175 version....
I used to be a hardcore Switch steelbook collector. LRG changed that in me with their price gouging or adding them to $175 CEs as the only option.

Estimated Ship Date changed to September 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
  • In Production: 204 (86.4%)
  • On Deck: 32 (13.6%)

• TBD: 114 (48.3%)
  • August 2021: 33 (14.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 18 (7.6%)
  • October 2021: 14 (5.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.7%)
  • September 2021: 5 (2.1%)
  • Q1 2022: 2 (0.8%)
  • July 2021: 1 (0.4%)

Totally agree, I wish they would let us create our own bundle when it's an open pre order, for example I may just want the game and soundtrack.
As much as I would want a la cart, that would be a logistics nightmare and dealing with incorrect orders is something they're not set up for.

Estimated Ship Date changed to In Hand:Estimated Ship Date changed to September 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to November 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2020:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022: 
  • In Production: 205 (87.2%)
  • On Deck: 30 (12.8%)

• TBD: 88 (37.4%)
  • August 2021: 25 (10.6%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.2%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.5%)
  • November 2021: 13 (5.5%)
  • September 2021: 13 (5.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.7%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.7%)
  • 2021: 4 (1.7%)
  • In Hand: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

As much as I would want a la cart, that would be a logistics nightmare and dealing with incorrect orders is something they're not set up for.
Really though- is it really that much harder than what they're doing with the Shantae games now? You offer the complete CE, or just let people piece meal most of the CE contents: a standard game, OST, steelbook, and whatever else. Only benefit with the CE is that get a display box to hold it all in one nice package (I doubt there'd be any savings due to added cost of preparing the CE). Otherwise, people can just buy the game and steelbook, just OST, or whatever they actually want. I don't see how that'd be all that diff than buying the game, t-shirt, stickers, pogs and set of cards.

bread's done
Back