Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The funny thing to me about that video was that he mentioned every time he looked more into it, he found even more scummy stuff. And even though the video was an hour long he still didn't touch on Game Tengoku, Panzer Dragoon manuals, the Shantae CE boxes, the ephemeral "new" rewards program, or a myriad of other things. There really is just that much shady shit.
Oh and my favorite horse to beat... Golf Story (old build, no way to get patch for a while due to wrong region, not shipping immediately when they said the first so many orders would ship immediately as they had them on hand). It was a perfect storm that ended up burning me out on even playing the game past a certain point. My hype for indies shrank after that.

I guess at least we know the person that created the video isn't from around here.

Super Rare Games has the Deponia Collection going up next Wednesday the 16th.

Standard is $75, limited to 3,000 copies
Collector's is $131, limited to 1,000 copies

[attachment=36068:Dep-CE-store-image_large.png]

Looks cool but $75 for just the game? Pretty sure these have been on sale digitally for a buck or two each. Shouldnt a SE be no more than $50?
That does seem high considering that the PS4 version which was sold at European retail was 40 Euros for all four games and quickly was discounted.

That does seem high considering that the PS4 version which was sold at European retail was 40 Euros for all four games and quickly was discounted.
There's a compilation? I know Chaos on Deponia and Deponia Doomsday got individual releases, but I wasn't aware that any kind of combo disc existed.

So, i realize this may be old news by now, but my astro city mini arcade showed up today and I just had to laugh when I realized that the exclusive LRG box was nothing more than a sticker slapped on the back of the regular Japanese box. I'm happy to have it and play it regardless, but i still had to roll my eyes over how much they flipped and flopped charging thier story and getting caught in lies ect, over the whole thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Do astrotide and bojay work for lrg, bojay is a lrg cuck / Josh, but astrotide has entered the arena as another shill

Do astrotide and bojay work for lrg, bojay is a lrg cuck / Josh, but astrotide has entered the arena as another shill
You clearly missed the sarcasm in my last post.

The fact that we are a month past the alleged "1-2 weeks shipping" timeframe should have made it obvious.

The thing that bothered me the most about Super Meat Boy Vita... on August 25th LRG sent an email saying "it's shipping soon! submit your address change requests by Sept 2nd at 5pm!!"

So wtf... I ordered an instock item, why would I need to update my address? Maybe they could have just shipped the game out to the address everyone used when placing an order? And that was 9 days ago at this point, so I guess I can't change my shipping address now even though it's probably going to take another month to ship?

You clearly missed the sarcasm in my last post.

The fact that we are a month past the alleged "1-2 weeks shipping" timeframe should have made it obvious.

The thing that bothered me the most about Super Meat Boy Vita... on August 25th LRG sent an email saying "it's shipping soon! submit your address change requests by Sept 2nd at 5pm!!"

So wtf... I ordered an instock item, why would I need to update my address? Maybe they could have just shipped the game out to the address everyone used when placing an order? And that was 9 days ago at this point, so I guess I can't change my shipping address now even though it's probably going to take another month to ship?
Jurai post, don't take it seriously.

Finally gave LRG another order (Kunio-kun Switch collection) and hope I'll see it by the end of the next year haha. I always liked those games as a kid and I'm waiting for them to disappoint me as an adult!

Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 203 (85.7%)
  • On Deck: 34 (14.3%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 101 (42.6%)
  • October 2021: 25 (10.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.4%)
  • September 2021: 20 (8.4%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.6%)
  • August 2021: 7 (3.0%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.7%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

Speaking of Republic Commando, GS has the NTSC Republic Commando and Racer Revenge bundle up for only $29.99 and available 10/26. I feel bad for anyone who bought these two games separately from LRG. I could understand if you got to play them early, but it looks like the GS pre-orders might beat them to it at this point... Anyway ever since they started re-releasing the same exact games with the same exact cover art on new consoles (such as River City Girls and every single Shantae game known to man) I'm starting to lose interest. I used to be obsessive about getting NSTC releases but I'll just go with imports instead since many import versions are now bundles and I have more time to decide if I actually want it or not instead of being forced to make an impulse buy and waiting almost a year to actually receive it.

Mine says READY…. and it’s been that way for a week. Soooo what does READY mean in “limited run time” ?
Based on my orders over the last year it doesn't seem to mean anything. It would be nice if they made that clear...

Seems like your game could ship immediately or it could sit there for weeks or a month or even a couple months.

I imagine the intention was good when they set that system up, but it pretty much sucks for anyone trying to decipher their hieroglyphics.

Is there a complete list of Limited Run published titles available/previously available at Best Buy?  Best Buy's website doesn't have an option to include titles that are out of stock like Target's website.

I plan on visiting a couple of Best Buy locations outside of my local Best Buy and don't want to miss out on any Limited Run titles still in-stock at these locations  Thanks ahead.

Is there a complete list of Limited Run published titles available/previously available at Best Buy? Best Buy's website doesn't have an option to include titles that are out of stock like Target's website.
I plan on visiting a couple of Best Buy locations outside of my local Best Buy and don't want to miss out on any Limited Run titles still in-stock at these locations Thanks ahead.
If out of stock or not listed on website, 99% chance stores won't have it. Their inventory tracking actually is good unlike Walmart.

Is there a complete list of Limited Run published titles available/previously available at Best Buy? Best Buy's website doesn't have an option to include titles that are out of stock like Target's website.

I plan on visiting a couple of Best Buy locations outside of my local Best Buy and don't want to miss out on any Limited Run titles still in-stock at these locations Thanks ahead.
this may help it is the bestbuy exclusive cover variant page

Cover Sheets – Limited Run Games

Just realized I forgot to order a copy of the Double Dragon & Kunio-kun brawler.  Meh.

shrug-what.gif

If out of stock or not listed on website, 99% chance stores won't have it. Their inventory tracking actually is good unlike Walmart.
Except for Vitamin Connection. That was never listed on Best Buy’s website but they carried it in store. No way to know if a store has it except to check in store. Don’t know if there were any other titles like that.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/pcmcat1484080052161.c?id=pcmcat1484080052161&qp=brand_facet=Brand~Limited%20Run%20Games

That'll get you everything that is possibly in stock (FOR SWITCH) somewhere except the oddballs like Vitamin Connection. I only track switch games.

Part of the problem you'll find with BB is they don't put all of their stock out and you may have to ask for a game by name to see if they have it. It really depends on the store. On the plus side if your store has something then you should be able to do a store pickup on it even if it doesn't allow shipping. That was my hurdle for several games that were nearly out of stock, since my closest store is nearly an hour drive... it wasn't worth the time and money to go get it.

Mine says READY…. and it’s been that way for a week. Soooo what does READY mean in “limited run time” ?
if you have any other games attached to the same order that aren't ready, they will hold the order until all items are ready to ship at the same time. They are not the only small company I know of that do not separate a single order. SLG and Rightstuf don't typically divide orders no matter how long it takes for the order to be ready.

if you have any other games attached to the same order that aren't ready, they will hold the order until all items are ready to ship at the same time. They are not the only small company I know of that do not separate a single order. SLG and Rightstuf don't typically divide orders no matter how long it takes for the order to be ready.
Most of the problems regarding these matters can be solved with better communications.

A lot of stuff is broken right now in terms of shipping, materials, etc. Everyone knows this. They just need to better communicate with people regarding statuses and updates. I think most people would be accepting.

Being silent and being late is the big problem. I can stand waiting, I cannot stand the silence.

Most of the problems regarding these matters can be solved with better communications.

A lot of stuff is broken right now in terms of shipping, materials, etc. Everyone knows this. They just need to better communicate with people regarding statuses and updates. I think most people would be accepting.

Being silent and being late is the big problem. I can stand waiting, I cannot stand the silence.
It was an issue well before the pandemic, though the pandemic certainly didn't do them any favors.

Ironically, their 2021 update specifically mentioned how much better they were going to be about this. Though I'm unsure if their awareness is a positive or a negative since they seem to be having problems following through on what feel like very basic commitments they made in that post.

I really wish they'd stop titling their emails with "AVAILABLE NOW" when nothing is available now ever.
Very true. People are still waiting on Super Meat Boy Vita from over a month ago, that they have had in hand for well over a year. It's pretty comical at this point how they keep chugging out releases, not giving their shipping team a chance to catch their breath, digging them selves further and further into a hole.

So is it going to be a trend for LRG to rerelease past generation games on the PS5 with the same exact covers and throw in some PS5 motion controller gimmicks or whatever as an excuse to take advantage of obsessive collectors?

So is it going to be a trend for LRG to rerelease past generation games on the PS5 with the same exact covers and throw in some PS5 motion controller gimmicks or whatever as an excuse to take advantage of obsessive collectors?
Yes. Myself and a handful of others were pretty critical of it, especially after they mentioned the Shantae series would be re-released individually. But anti-consumer moves and internet criticism don't equate to reduced sales so I can't imagine they care too much. It would be interesting to see how the PS5 line is selling and if people really are eating it up, but LRG doesn't publish that info any longer.

What's the problem with PS5 versions of games being made?  I'm all for adding to my pile of reasons to dislike LRG, but if I am to get upset with them for this then I might as well be upset with pretty much every other game publisher that has a last gen game on the current gen system.   Pretty sure that's every major publisher at this point.

What's the problem with PS5 versions of games being made? I'm all for adding to my pile of reasons to dislike LRG, but if I am to get upset with them for this then I might as well be upset with pretty much every other game publisher that has a last gen game on the current gen system. Pretty sure that's every major publisher at this point.
Making games more available/accessible is inherently good. My two complains about LRG doing this are:

1. Opportunity cost: They have 200+ items in the production backlog and it seems like every week there's some new screw-up that could've been averted with better QA. Beyond just that, they are the largest fish in the limited print pond. These games already have physical editions that are playable on the PS5, the time it takes to re-release these games could better be used to highlight or preserve games that currently don't have physical versions.
  2. The model doesn't meet demand: Even with open pre-orders, a limited time window to pre-order these games and not reprinting will exclude someone - either because they don't find out about the series until later, didn't have the disposable income during that window, etc. If a game's popular enough to be released three separate times as a limited run, it's clear that the model isn't keeping up with demand and the consumer (and likely developer) would be better served by retail.
There's also the angle that it's predatory - making the new CEs marginally better than previous CEs or the whole statue acrylic thing is just banking on people being compulsive. But I feel like that's more a criticism of LRG's audience than the company themselves.

I think the main thing about the PS5 versions is we know they're likely a very minimal upgrade from the PS4 ones. Of course it will very likely load faster and maybe slightly cleaner graphics, but most of these are indie games and that upgrade isn't like say going from Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 game that ran poor at times on the original console and pro was a bit better), to way cleaner graphics and performance. I was going to get the Shantae games, but I remembered I own pretty much all of them except the newest on PC. May as well play them there. Of course I'm trying to be more about playing and not just owning some shrink wrap thing on my shelf or in my closet.

I don't get it. Are you implying that I'm being dumb or what?
Replace "not FOMOing" with pretty much anything like, "have you tried, I dunno, not being depressed," and you'll get how dumb your comment sounded to most of us who understand how manipulative companies are and how effective FOMO can be to overcome to those who do actually fall victim to it.

Replace "not FOMOing" with pretty much anything like, "have you tried, I dunno, not being depressed," and you'll get how dumb your comment sounded to most of us who understand how manipulative companies are and how effective FOMO can be to overcome to those who do actually fall victim to it.
I hope these "victims" seek therapy.

bread's done
Back