Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:

PXL_20210925_210958842.jpg
Maybe they wanted you to open it and see that face and realize what punishment he had gone through to get to you.

But yeah, that's some shitty packing. I would never ship someone a game like that. I'd at least fill the space with packing peanuts I saved from stuff that was shipped to me... crumpled paper at worst... but most likely just wrap it in bubble wrap. On a side note, I do like using boxes like that as one end is double walled and the two of the other ends end up nearly triple thick which makes for a very rigid box.

Surprised in googling for price info that both Axiom Verge 2 and the combo pack of 1&2 were announced back in Aug 11th for Oct 1.   It's nice 1&2 will be on the same cart... I can't imagine with a standard for 2 releasing at the same time the price will be very good.   Going to just consider this series digital only for me.

And just when I think I'm out, they pull me right back in....

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1442557180423675904
I'm prob blind, but is this NS only? Not gonna lie, as expensive as that CE is, it does look pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to hear about a PS5 release of Axiom Verge 2. This doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon so I will probably just buy the digital release when it is available or just pick up the PS4 digital release. I still need to go finish the first game on Vita. I was so close to finishing it but I got stuck trying to 100% the map and never went back to finishing it.

Because of the Shenmue soundtrack, which was supposed to be ready in August, I'm still waiting on my order from New Year's.
If that's vinyl you can request a split order. They were offering this over the summer due to the delays in the vinyl industry. You would have to pay a small fee (like $2 I think) for the split.

You guys really think LRG can handle two different carries? They can barely handle shipping as it is now with one carrier...
They currently use three carriers. DHL eCommerce for the average orders, UPS for large orders and USPS Media Mail for vinyl.

I still need to go finish the first game on Vita. I was so close to finishing it but I got stuck trying to 100% the map and never went back to finishing it.
I never finished the first one either. It was pretty solid but I just got bored with it and moved on to something else. So an easy game to just stick with it being digital for me.

If that's vinyl you can request a split order. They were offering this over the summer due to the delays in the vinyl industry. You would have to pay a small fee (like $2 I think) for the split.

They currently use three carriers. DHL eCommerce for the average orders, UPS for large orders and USPS Media Mail for vinyl.
Unfortunately it's the CD collection.

Sadly, this is all a numbers game, and even with a high number of replacements, LRG won't care, as it's pretty much free money for them, even if their final profits are less than planned. I can't speak for Jeremy, but I would assume since he left Fangamer for LRG, he has a similar mind set. Maybe they could store more, are sell faster, or charge more and then put more funds in all parties pockets, who knows? Maybe they offered more profits over what Fangamer could, sadly, not all money, is good money, but I guess that's to each individual or organization to decide for themselves.
The reason why Jeremy went to LRG for his books, instead of Fangamer, is he actually works for LRG now. Sadly this does not bode well for his future books. Maybe if enough people complain they will start shipping these things in boxes and with care.

Huh, had no idea- thought everything went through UPS and then DHL.

The reason why Jeremy went to LRG for his books, instead of Fangamer, is he actually works for LRG now. Sadly this does not bode well for his future books. Maybe if enough people complain they will start shipping these things in boxes and with care.
Guessing a lot of people already did. Someone posted a tweet saying they'd no longer ship books in bags and would use boxes.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1440775014253400067

EDIT* Alright, I can't figure out how to post tweets...

LRG don't give a flip about the collector though when it comes to shipping books with proper protection. LRG's numbers just finally reached the point where the money they were losing with returns due to damage is higher than what it will cost to ship the books in shipping boxes.

Guessing a lot of people already did. Someone posted a tweet saying they'd no longer ship books in bags and would use boxes.

EDIT* Alright, I can't figure out how to post tweets...

Yeah. That was me. I've long been pushing for them to offer art books in their CEs and separately. But they need to ship them the correct way.

fangamer puts them in bubble mailer and then inside a box. Bitmap uses foam inserts on all the corners of the book, then a cardboard book mailer, then an outer bag.

LRG using a flimsy bubble mailer (or it looks like just a plastic bag) won't cut it.

I'd think that gives Jeremy more leverage to say ship my shit in a proper box.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 212 (92.2%)
  • On Deck: 18 (7.8%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 112 (48.7%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 19 (8.3%)
  • September 2021: 19 (8.3%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.8%)
  • November 2021: 10 (4.3%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (3.0%)
  • August 2021: 5 (2.2%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.9%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.4%)

Well that sucks and then some, but I don't see why working for LRG means you have to use them to distribute your own books does it? I'm guessing he's working with them to write all guides/art books for their over priced SE/CE offerings? And that's cool I guess, as Jeremy is a good writer in the gaming space, and seems to care about accurate gaming history.

Yeah. That was me. I've long been pushing for them to offer art books in their CEs and separately. But they need to ship them the correct way.

fangamer puts them in bubble mailer and then inside a box. Bitmap uses foam inserts on all the corners of the book, then a cardboard book mailer, then an outer bag.

LRG using a flimsy bubble mailer (or it looks like just a plastic bag) won't cut it.
I'd think that gives Jeremy more leverage to say ship my shit in a proper box.
Thanks for the heads up guys, but I don't know what to say on this, as a box is great, but a HUGE box with no proper protection or padding, will probably do more damage than the bubble mailer would. At least that's been my experience with small & heavier books from Amazon, and from LRG as well. My Cosmic Star Heroine books came in a box, that was padded like a$$, and the books bounced around like lottery number balls on the big night.

That statement that LRG is now using boxes for books really means nothing, as the same shipping staff who thought a bubble mailer was OK, are going to be the same ones now using the book box. All that tweet shows is that a box is going to be used, nothing about bubblewrap, packaging peanuts, or the like.

The same company that didn't have a few seconds to use a box to begin with, when clearly the cost was covered in their uber high shipping cost, is not going to now use a box, wrap said item, and then add more packaging. I just don't see that shit happening!

And my Super Meat Boy vita is still sitting there by it's lonesome marked as ready, I'm actually starting to get worried that something is going to happen with it at this rate knowing my luck. :oldman:

Also still waiting on my Scott Pilgrim order but that's due to the stupid switch case I ordered with it.  You know the one that was supposed to be available by August at the latest, then it was September.... yeah... last time I add any merch with a order.

I've usually have patience when it comes to the wait time but with everything that has been going on lately, maybe it's time to cut back with my orders from them I think.

Jeremy does a ton of stuff for LRG: their podcast, their blog, the Complete Run video series, Limited Run’s printed newsletters, these hardcover books, and probably a bunch more.
WOW, who knew?(Well, you obviously). LOL

This explains a lot and then some, so I'll assume he's dug in tighter than an Alabama tick at this point, so expecting him to go elsewhere is off the table. I had seen awhile back Jeremy had done an art book in one of their SE/CE and assumed it was just a one off, but that was also around the time I stopped dealing with LRG(or checking this thread much). I'm only here now becuase of Jeremy's books, and nothing that LRG has done. And I didn't follow any of their social media even back then, and I only ever watched Jeremy's YT channel, and bought his books at Amazon or Fangamer.

Well, I can't fault someone for going were their bread is buttered I suppose, and I'll wish Jeremy well, and hopefully this won't be my last time buying his publications. I have seen were Fangamer and LRG have had some dealings together as well, so maybe that's how this all started. Either way, I've also seen were some products have overlapped between the two places, so I'll stay hopeful some things may still be offered there in the future. But if not, I'll just have to see which way the wind blows going forward.

Also still waiting on my Scott Pilgrim order but that's due to the stupid switch case I ordered with it. You know the one that was supposed to be available by August at the latest, then it was September.... yeah... last time I add any merch with a order.
This seems par for the course with LRG... never add extra crap to your order unless you have the patience of Job. Same for never buying a collectors edition or bundle since every single item has the potential to add a massive delay... plus they have gone down hill on packing and shipping that stuff so you may not even get it in the pristine condition it should be in.

This seems par for the course with LRG... never add extra crap to your order unless you have the patience of Job. Same for never buying a collectors edition or bundle since every single item has the potential to add a massive delay... plus they have gone down hill on packing and shipping that stuff so you may not even get it in the pristine condition it should be in.
1) If Best Buy -> Wait

2) Otherwise, if really want -> Purchase alone

3) Otherwise, bundle to save shipping and forget about it

Assuming you want to pay a significant premium for a physical edition of game that is likely 80% cheaper digitally during sales. I like physical of certain games and willing to pay it, for the record. But should be noted.

Jeremy needs to finish his existing book series. NES works only covers 1985 and 1986
Agreed, but based on all the things stated he's doing for LRG, his plate seems rather full, so I won't be holding my breath. And until I see how this new endeavor works out, I would rather wait, as then there is more hope of getting his future books anyplace other than LRG.

Jeremy needs to finish his existing book series. NES works only covers 1985 and 1986
Haha I actually enjoy how he's been filling in the gaps in his coverage, especially the Lynx and Game Gear stuff. I'm glad LRG is paying him to do his thing, but damn they really need to ship those books better. I've seen Amazon package books better than that.

Haha I actually enjoy how he's been filling in the gaps in his coverage, especially the Lynx and Game Gear stuff. I'm glad LRG is paying him to do his thing, but damn they really need to ship those books better. I've seen Amazon package books better than that.
There are Lynx and Game Gear books!?!

There are Lynx and Game Gear books!?!
No that's just the kind of stuff he's been covering on his YouTube channel, and it's the reason why his NES and Game Boy Works have been taking so long. Seems like the long-term goal is to have a fairly complete history of the major consoles starting from the Famicom and SG-1000 days in 1983.

Maybe the lesser-loved systems will get books of their own one day, but it's going to be a long journey.

It's not them, they are only distributing it ... so no shock at all.
Really does feel like a slap in the face after they sold them all individually on the PS4, though. Can't say I'm really bothered because, well, it's Kemco but I wonder if this is going to impact their future sales.

Really does feel like a slap in the face after they sold them all individually on the PS4, though. Can't say I'm really bothered because, well, it's Kemco but I wonder if this is going to impact their future sales.
My guess is they probably were already seeing a decline in the numbers as other regions got physical kemco games in collections that were easy to import. So maybe this is where we are at now that the future releases will all be compilations in the distribution line.

I might be crazy but didn't LRG in the past say they couldn't do comp games because doing so would mean someone would need to program a launcher of some kind (e.g., as in the game selection screen when you start up the software)? It's not like they can just add multiple games on one disc/cart, but rather it there would need to be something programmed in order for the system to recognize that it's 1 disc/cart but with multiple games? Maybe that's just much easier to do on the NS, because the NS seems to have a lot of game compilation releases....

I might be crazy but didn't LRG in the past say they couldn't do comp games because doing so would mean someone would need to program a launcher of some kind (e.g., as in the game selection screen when you start up the software)? It's not like they can just add multiple games on one disc/cart, but rather it there would need to be something programmed in order for the system to recognize that it's 1 disc/cart but with multiple games? Maybe that's just much easier to do on the NS, because the NS seems to have a lot of game compilation releases....
Yes, they did say that. I think it was in relation to something other than Kemco originally but it was a boilerplate response for a bit.

For what it's worth, that was also disproven long, long ago. There's plenty of stuff like the Shenmue Collection, Steamworld Collection, and Cat Quest Collection that have done it. They're just separate application squares on the system UI. But one of many times they were either misinformed, incompetent, or blantantly lying to sell more games (depending on how generous you're feeling with benefit of the doubt, I suppose).

Also, unrelated, but it doesn't look like the Asdivine Collection includes all of the Asdivine Games. There's one called Kamura and one called Cross missing. I wonder if they legitimately just couldn't keep track.

Thru fangamer:

• NES 1985 and 1986
  • GB volume 1 and 2 (not sure if it covers the full library or not)

Thru LRG:

• SNES 1991
  • Virtual Boy

Those are the ones I'm aware of

Production Status changed to On Deck:
  • In Production: 212 (91.8%)
  • On Deck: 19 (8.2%)

• TBD: 111 (48.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 19 (8.2%)
  • September 2021: 19 (8.2%)
  • November 2021: 11 (4.8%)

It looks like they've added a new production status!  I wonder if they're moving away from "On Deck" since it's a phrase that doesn't mean anything to anyone unless it's explained to them.

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:

• In Production: 211 (91.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 19 (8.2%)
  • On Deck: 1 (0.4%)

• TBD: 111 (48.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 19 (8.2%)
  • September 2021: 18 (7.8%)
  • November 2021: 11 (4.8%)

I wonder if Switch #107 & #110 being in the warehouse means that #106 (Castlevania Anniversary Collection) might actually happen this month on schedule.   I was expecting that to get pushed to January with how things have been going.   I just ordered the standard version.

Did anyone else order Crossing Souls for PS4 last Fall?

I'm still waiting for the following order from 10/25/2020:

PS4 - Ion Fury
PS4 - Chasm
PS4 - Doom 64

PS4 - Crossing Souls (LRG Variant)

The top 3 games have been 'Ready' for months but Crossing Souls is still 'In Production' and it sounds like even Special Reserve Games doesn't know when it will ship. Blah.

I just received my order of The Complex & Ground Zero Texas: Nuclear Edition for PS4 from February 2021 so other than this Crossing Souls nonsense my oldest unfulfilled order is from May 2021.

Might be the wrong place to ask so I apologize in advance but is Axiom Verge 1&2 worth that price for physical?

I'm a bit old school in that I like physical copies of games when I can get them. I'll buy digital if it's a really good deal or that's the only format but I'm here because like most of us I like to save as much money as possible. I'm not really a day one/pre-order buyer unless it's something I really really want and buy a lot of my games when they're $25-$20 on Black Friday.

I've heard good things about Axiom 1 and mixed about Axiom 2. It was always a game I was interested in getting to eventually and this bundle sounded great when I first heard about it but then I saw the price. I could go full price digital for both and it would be cheaper (plus Axiom 1 has has gone on sale before).

In anyone's opinion, are the games good enough to justify $50 plus shipping plus tax for a physical bundle?

Might be the wrong place to ask so I apologize in advance but is Axiom Verge 1&2 worth that price for physical?

I'm a bit old school in that I like physical copies of games when I can get them. I'll buy digital if it's a really good deal or that's the only format but I'm here because like most of us I like to save as much money as possible. I'm not really a day one/pre-order buyer unless it's something I really really want and buy a lot of my games when they're $25-$20 on Black Friday.

I've heard good things about Axiom 1 and mixed about Axiom 2. It was always a game I was interested in getting to eventually and this bundle sounded great when I first heard about it but then I saw the price. I could go full price digital for both and it would be cheaper (plus Axiom 1 has has gone on sale before).

In anyone's opinion, are the games good enough to justify $50 plus shipping plus tax for a physical bundle?
If you need random strangers on the Internet to convince you to buy it, for God's sake don't buy it.

bread's done
Back