Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Might be the wrong place to ask so I apologize in advance but is Axiom Verge 1&2 worth that price for physical?

I'm a bit old school in that I like physical copies of games when I can get them. I'll buy digital if it's a really good deal or that's the only format but I'm here because like most of us I like to save as much money as possible. I'm not really a day one/pre-order buyer unless it's something I really really want and buy a lot of my games when they're $25-$20 on Black Friday.

I've heard good things about Axiom 1 and mixed about Axiom 2. It was always a game I was interested in getting to eventually and this bundle sounded great when I first heard about it but then I saw the price. I could go full price digital for both and it would be cheaper (plus Axiom 1 has has gone on sale before).

In anyone's opinion, are the games good enough to justify $50 plus shipping plus tax for a physical bundle?
It's been published previously in physical and available for for < $20 on clearance for both PS4 and Switch. Seems that those versions have gone up now. But demand was very low for the special editions when they were available.

I know I bought a PC steelbook version at Gamestop for like 9 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be the wrong place to ask so I apologize in advance but is Axiom Verge 1&2 worth that price for physical?

I'm a bit old school in that I like physical copies of games when I can get them. I'll buy digital if it's a really good deal or that's the only format but I'm here because like most of us I like to save as much money as possible. I'm not really a day one/pre-order buyer unless it's something I really really want and buy a lot of my games when they're $25-$20 on Black Friday.

I've heard good things about Axiom 1 and mixed about Axiom 2. It was always a game I was interested in getting to eventually and this bundle sounded great when I first heard about it but then I saw the price. I could go full price digital for both and it would be cheaper (plus Axiom 1 has has gone on sale before).

In anyone's opinion, are the games good enough to justify $50 plus shipping plus tax for a physical bundle?
It depends on your perspective of "worth it" I guess, but they're both excellent games. The mixed reaction to AV2 probably stems from the fact that it deemphasizes the combat so much, and combat is a huge part of AV1. As long as you're into the exploration side of the genre you'll be fine with AV2 because that's where it really shines. So quality-wise they're easily worth the price and if you like the genre you should definitely try them out one way or another.

AV1 also goes on sale pretty frequently (guessing AV2 will also in time) and they're available on several different platforms, so if you'd rather get them cheap or on PC or something there's that to consider too.

One quick note: for me, both games start out in a deliberately traditional way and it makes them feel a little slow at first. Stick with them. It doesn't take long to find some of the mechanics that make them unique and awesome, but you'll miss those parts if you give up after only an hour or two.

I wonder if Switch #107 & #110 being in the warehouse means that #106 (Castlevania Anniversary Collection) might actually happen this month on schedule. I was expecting that to get pushed to January with how things have been going. I just ordered the standard version.
spiderman-j-jonah-jameson.gif

$30 at retail and I would have probably given this a chance. But around $60 I need something truly stellar that ticks a lot of the boxes I love about gaming. I don’t think these are worth the price just to save a tiny amount of storage space.

You also forgot to factor in a ~9 month wait into the decision. If you are just mildly curious about the games now… how will you feel in July 2022? Sometimes that wait alone is enough to just go digital during a sale… which will surely happen several times before this physical shows up.

Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 227 (90.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 25 (9.9%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 127 (50.4%)
  • October 2021: 26 (10.3%)
  • Q4 2021: 24 (9.5%)
  • September 2021: 14 (5.6%)
  • November 2021: 10 (4.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 9 (3.6%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (2.8%)
  • August 2021: 5 (2.0%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.4%)

My vita copy SuperMeat Boy just finally arrived out of nowhere today.  Never received a shipping notification & it isn't even marked as had been shipped in my account.  At least the worrying is now over and it marks my last vita purchase ever.  It's a litter bittersweet :whistle2:( lol.

:grouphug: :vita: :vita: :vita: :vita: :grouphug:

Wonder what are the chances that my Scott Pilgrim Switch case is delayed again for the 4 time straight holding up the entire order?  The chances are low right?  They couldn't possible delay it again right?  RIGHT?!?!

hqdefault.jpg

Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:
  • In Production: 218 (94.0%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 14 (6.0%)

• TBD: 125 (53.9%)
  • October 2021: 35 (15.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 27 (11.6%)
  • November 2021: 9 (3.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 8 (3.4%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (3.0%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.9%)
  • August 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • September 2021: 1 (0.4%)

Lol

Which title is this?

I'm assuming it's just a typo since they're games that went up for pre-order in 2021.

The other stragglers are both Game Boy games: Spanky's Quest for August 2021 and Amazing Penguin for last month.

Estimated Ship Date changed to November 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:
  • In Production: 218 (95.2%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 11 (4.8%)

• TBD: 124 (54.1%)
  • October 2021: 32 (14.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 28 (12.2%)
  • November 2021: 14 (6.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 8 (3.5%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (3.1%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.9%)

Did anyone else order Crossing Souls for PS4 last Fall?

I'm still waiting for the following order from 10/25/2020:

PS4 - Ion Fury
PS4 - Chasm
PS4 - Doom 64

PS4 - Crossing Souls (LRG Variant)

The top 3 games have been 'Ready' for months but Crossing Souls is still 'In Production' and it sounds like even Special Reserve Games doesn't know when it will ship. Blah.

I just received my order of The Complex & Ground Zero Texas: Nuclear Edition for PS4 from February 2021 so other than this Crossing Souls nonsense my oldest unfulfilled order is from May 2021.
Sad Best Buy delivers faster than LRG.

Got a shipping notification for Republic Commando PS4 this morning.

Looks like they will narrowly beat out the retail release for the standard version.

Got an email about Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch) Standard Edition yesterday ... they want all shipping updates done by end of day  Monday Oct 12th... and will start shipping in the weeks afterwards.

So maybe this will actually show up before thanksgiving...

giphy.gif

Got a shipping notification for Republic Commando PS4 this morning.

Looks like they will narrowly beat out the retail release for the standard version.
Oh me too! I'm a little disappointed that there's a standard release for the exact same price that has Racer on it, but I already own the digital copy on my PS4. Cool we'll finally get them though.

Got an email about Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch) Standard Edition yesterday ... they want all shipping updates done by end of day Monday Oct 12th... and will start shipping in the weeks afterwards.

giphy.gif
endgame-avengers.gif

Got an email about Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch) Standard Edition yesterday ... they want all shipping updates done by end of day Monday Oct 12th... and will start shipping in the weeks afterwards.

giphy.gif
I got that email too and noted to myself that the 12th was in fact, a Tuesday.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to TBD:Production Status changed to Pre-production:
  • In Production: 216 (90.0%)
  • Pre-production: 14 (5.8%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 10 (4.2%)

• TBD: 138 (57.5%)
  • October 2021: 32 (13.3%)
  • Q4 2021: 29 (12.1%)
  • November 2021: 13 (5.4%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (2.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 6 (2.5%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.8%)

I was just coming to post about 'Scott Pilgrim.' I ordered a copy for Switch, which seems to be store pick up only already.
I dont think it was ever available for shipping, which is annoying. I imagine they ordered a bunch of these to sell so shipping probably should come live at some point.

I'm glad I waited for BB on Scott Pilgrim... my interest has cooled and hype dissipated.   I still have it on PS3 and still haven't put much time in with it (and my PS3 is hooked up right now).  It being pickup only is another wall anyway as my nearest store is an hour away.  So it's definitely not worth the effort.  I'm glad for everyone else that waited and can now get it without dealing directly with LRG.

bread's done
Back