Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Is KOTOR coming out for PS4? It's weird that all of Aspyr's other Star Wars ports are multi-system, but KOTOR isn't.
A remake was announced for the PS5, so I have two theories:

1. They don't want to port the game because it may cannibalize sales on the platform.
  2. There's some form of timed exclusivity shenanigans.
I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I lean toward #2 personally. I think it would be a first for Aspyr, but LRG's had several staggered releases in the past that heavily imply timed exclusivity (Brigandine, Panzer Dragoon, etc.).

A remake was announced for the PS5, so I have two theories:

1. They don't want to port the game because it may cannibalize sales on the platform.
  2. There's some form of timed exclusivity shenanigans.
Well, we don't know what the specs of the remake are going to be. It's entirely possible that it won't actually be able to run on the Switch. In this day and age, that would be a little unusual, but it's not impossible. Most games that get a PC release are developed to be scalable enough to be able to make their way onto a platform like the Switch. And SOME degree of multi-platform support is almost a given. If it remains PS5 exclusive, it would almost certainly be due to contracts with Sony.

Well, we don't know what the specs of the remake are going to be. It's entirely possible that it won't actually be able to run on the Switch. In this day and age, that would be a little unusual, but it's not impossible. Most games that get a PC release are developed to be scalable enough to be able to make their way onto a platform like the Switch. And SOME degree of multi-platform support is almost a given. If it remains PS5 exclusive, it would almost certainly be due to contracts with Sony.
With the new gen we're quickly approaching the point where the Switch doesn't have the horsepower to keep up. Nintendo's first party is usually good about finding creative ways to work around those constraints, but crossplat games are hit-or-miss. Scalability is a thing, yes, but it's not magic and it does have limits and consists of compromises. I could see a port making its way to the Switch successor or a Cloud version of the game (a la Control), but I'm immensely skeptical that a AAA 2023 PS5 game will run on the base Switch. You also have to keep in mind that it'd likely be 2024 or later when/if exclusivity ends, and the gaming landscape may be very different then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Production Status changed to In Production:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 195 (89.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 15 (6.9%)
  • Pre-production: 7 (3.2%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:

Good to see another physical release of a VR game, but this is reaching back. This did get a physical release in Europe years ago, but that one is creeping up in price.

I would've bitten for the KOTOR release if it wasnt for LRGs incessant need to focus on the switch. I don't have a switch and don't intend to buy one any time soon. I would have even bitten for a PS5 release. dammit.

Also, does anybody know when LRG will open preorders for Swery's The Good Life? They announced they would release physical editions on their kickstarter but then nothing.

I would've bitten for the KOTOR release if it wasnt for LRGs incessant need to focus on the switch. I don't have a switch and don't intend to buy one any time soon. I would have even bitten for a PS5 release. dammit.

Also, does anybody know when LRG will open preorders for Swery's The Good Life? They announced they would release physical editions on their kickstarter but then nothing.
Don't worry, I'm sure they will double dip on another KotOR release whenever it does come out on PS4/PS5.

Good to see another physical release of a VR game, but this is reaching back. This did get a physical release in Europe years ago, but that one is creeping up in price.
I picked this up for $12 a couple years back. That'll be the 4th VR game already released proir for them. Tokyo Chronos, A Train, Tetris Effect. Even Pixel Gear was already on the oasis games VR disc.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to In Production:
  • In Production: 224 (91.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 18 (7.3%)
  • Pre-production: 4 (1.6%)

Aspyr media is confirming that the Switch KOTOR release is a LRG exclusive and will not have a separate retail release (Most likely to prevent any confusion with the upcoming remake).

https://twitter.com/AspyrMedia/status/1461393770973433859

A double pack would easily circumvent that claim.
Yeah, I can see a KOTOR 2 port announcement for PS4/XB1/Switch at The Game Awards next month, then LRG announces a standalone release for that one that's "exclusive"...

...And then in February or March, listings for a KOTOR Double Pack pop up.

Yeah easiest pass ever on KOTOR. People got their Republic Commando copies only about a month ago and the Dual Pack for that and Racer is basically out now (Switch available, next week for PS4 version).
+1 for skipping this KOTOR. I am. I'll wait for double pack.

SW Racer + Commando Pack Switch version came out 3 days ago. PS4 version came out in October.

Estimated Ship Date changed to TBD:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 233 (90.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 21 (8.1%)
  • Pre-production: 4 (1.6%)

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 233 (90.0%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 22 (8.5%)
  • Pre-production: 4 (1.5%)

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:

• In Production: 233 (90.0%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 22 (8.5%)
So in the exactly 1 day (amazing timing btw) between updates... one game got moved to At LRG Warehouse, but nothing changed for either Pre-production or In Production. So did they add a game to the production during that 24 hours?

Next LRG release I'm eying is Phantom Breaker for PS4.

Again, while I'm not a fan of how long it takes LRG to fulfill orders, they've demonstrated that they do eventually get the game to me, so unless they start to drop the ball there (which would be catastrophic to their business), I will continue to order from them.

So in the exactly 1 day (amazing timing btw) between updates... one game got moved to At LRG Warehouse, but nothing changed for either Pre-production or In Production. So did they add a game to the production during that 24 hours?
The tricky thing is that my script runs at 4 PM Eastern every day, so if they were to make a change at 4:01 PM, it wouldn't show up until the following day.

I think I have some logic that needs tweaking about those summary numbers, and I just made some changes that should make them more accurate.

Again, while I'm not a fan of how long it takes LRG to fulfill orders, they've demonstrated that they do eventually get the game to me, so unless they start to drop the ball there (which would be catastrophic to their business), I will continue to order from them.
The game has to be quite excellent or part of a series I collect for to get me to put up with the wait for a physical copy from LRG. As long as I feel strongly that I won't lose interest before the game shows up... I'll still buy from LRG. But there are other factors too, like far too often it's not the final game on the cart (I mainly buy Switch games)... so there's always some kind of patch and then that patch might not be available for weeks to another month or more after the physical version comes out. So more waiting. Golf Story really burned me to the point that I just couldn't even finish the game.

Right now, I have no outstanding orders with them and it's probably going to stay that way for a while because of how picky I've gotten on what I will play and want to collect physically. But if they get something I'm 100% down for, I'll buy it. Though I only buy standard edition games (unless there is no other option).

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:
Titles by Estimated Ship Date
  • TBD: 180 (75.9%)
  • Q4 2021: 33 (13.9%)
  • November 2021: 10 (4.2%)
  • Q1 2022: 6 (2.5%)
  • December 2021: 5 (2.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status
  • In Production: 235 (90.0%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 22 (8.4%)

The game has to be quite excellent or part of a series I collect for to get me to put up with the wait for a physical copy from LRG. As long as I feel strongly that I won't lose interest before the game shows up... I'll still buy from LRG. But there are other factors too, like far too often it's not the final game on the cart (I mainly buy Switch games)... so there's always some kind of patch and then that patch might not be available for weeks to another month or more after the physical version comes out. So more waiting. Golf Story really burned me to the point that I just couldn't even finish the game.

Right now, I have no outstanding orders with them and it's probably going to stay that way for a while because of how picky I've gotten on what I will play and want to collect physically. But if they get something I'm 100% down for, I'll buy it. Though I only buy standard edition games (unless there is no other option).
I'm in the same boat as you as I don't have any pending orders. I mainly buy PS4 games but totally understand the issue of getting games that are complete, without the need for major patches.

Like you, I will only order games I have a big interest in. Even then, though, I try to add an extra requirement, which is that it's a game that's been out for a long while (i.e., patched and unlikely to have any further content). I know that involves a judgment call as you never really can know, but I try to answer the question before I order.

Did they even ever respond about Doom?  I don't see anything.  I know they have refunded people who complained through their support site, but it does not look good that they haven't made any kind of announcement.  Even if they plan to do nothing, at least be up front about it.

I used to think people were overreacting when calling them shady, but they sure have had a string of questionable actions....

Did they even ever respond about Doom? I don't see anything. I know they have refunded people who complained through their support site, but it does not look good that they haven't made any kind of announcement. Even if they plan to do nothing, at least be up front about it.

I used to think people were overreacting when calling them shady, but they sure have had a string of questionable actions....
They never address it at all

Did they even ever respond about Doom? I don't see anything. I know they have refunded people who complained through their support site, but it does not look good that they haven't made any kind of announcement. Even if they plan to do nothing, at least be up front about it.

They have not responded and Josh/Doug have blocked people who messaged them about it.

To my knowledge, they've never acknowledged any of their follies on the main LRG account. I imagine the perception is it would hurt future prospective sales and so they just sweep it under the rug and wait for it to blow over.

How long should I wait to contact LRG if I have a multi-game order that hasn't shipped even though all the games are ready and have been shipped to other people, including in other multi game orders? It's been three weeks since the last game started shipping. Assuming poor logistical control in the LRG warehouse is the reason.

How long should I wait to contact LRG if I have a multi-game order that hasn't shipped even though all the games are ready and have been shipped to other people, including in other multi game orders? It's been three weeks since the last game started shipping. Assuming poor logistical control in the LRG warehouse is the reason.
If they've finished shipping the last game single copy and multi-copy orders... I would think yours would be in the final complex order group. Though it's possible they wait and do a day or two of processing complex orders and it just hasn't happened yet.

You might as well open a ticket and ask.

bread's done
Back