Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Is this issue only for the "Standard" edition? or all editions?
The standard edition was supposed to have three pieces of DLC on-disc and it only had two. That's why there's now a replacement disc (3 years later).

The CE was supposed to have four pieces of DLC on-disc and it had all four. There's no replacement disc because there's no issue.

Incidentally, this would happen immediately after the DLC stopped being on sale on the PSN store for the first time two weeks ago and most of us who were missing it from the disc already gave up and bought the DLC.

FYI for those back in 2019 who purchased Game Tengoku standard, which was missing some of the advertised DLC.
Apparently LRG has the replacement discs with the DLC correctly on disc in stock now.
You need to manually submit a ticket to customer service, and they will create an order for you that should ship in January.
All my complaining about the Shenmue III Definitive Soundtrack CD has paid off! LRG sent an email earlier today that orders containing the set will be finalized soon.

Unfortunately, Game Tengoku is one of the games in my order, so now I have to deal with this.

No, but they do this neat trick where, after you fill your cart and try to check out, games will keep falling out until you're left with little to nothing left
fucks sake, that's always the most irritating thing (not just with LRG, pretty much an issue with all retailers)... like if I have something in my cart, at least give me a few minutes to check out before someone else can take it. Or make someone else fight me for it, like they would have to if I'm in a physical store and I grab something to buy before the next person.LOL

I think Dell is the only retailer I've seen that reserves your cart item for 15 minutes.

No, but they do this neat trick where, after you fill your cart and try to check out, games will keep falling out until you're left with little to nothing left
Thanks. I went through everything listed and saw approximately four games I wanted. I'll just write them down in order of priority and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
All my complaining about the Shenmue III Definitive Soundtrack CD has paid off! LRG sent an email earlier today that orders containing the set will be finalized soon.

Unfortunately, Game Tengoku is one of the games in my order, so now I have to deal with this.
Well that's something at least. I'm glad I have no outstanding orders with LRG. I've kind of lucked out in never wanting more than one thing they sold at a time.

Well that's something at least. I'm glad I have no outstanding orders with LRG. I've kind of lucked out in never wanting more than one thing they sold at a time.
I contacted support this morning, and the responding CS rep, Sarah, amended my current order to add the replacement 'Game Tengoku' disc and an empty PS4 case. Kudos to her on the swift resolution to what could have had way more moving parts.

Heads up:  LRG raised their shipping prices again.  A basic PS4 or Switch game now costs $6.14 to ship to the continental US.

FYI for those back in 2019 who purchased Game Tengoku standard, which was missing some of the advertised DLC.

Apparently LRG has the replacement discs with the DLC correctly on disc in stock now.

You need to manually submit a ticket to customer service, and they will create an order for you that should ship in January.
Thanks for the heads up. I just put in a ticket requesting one. Hopefully it's a smooth process.

Kind of disappointing that there was no awareness campaign for this on their part, or that they're not just sending the discs automatically. Instead I have to read about it on a random forum somewhere and then put in a ticket to even get my copy. But it's Limited Run so I don't know what I expected.

Heads up: LRG raised their shipping prices again. A basic PS4 or Switch game now costs $6.14 to ship to the continental US.
47d3197f7147eebcc0e86d5c9a140f09.gif

Estimated Ship Date changed to January 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to TBD 2022:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Production Status changed to In Production:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 118 (47.8%)
  • Q2 2022: 73 (29.6%)
  • TBD: 34 (13.8%)
  • January 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 3 (1.2%)
  • December 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • TBD 2022: 2 (0.8%)
  • Dec 2021 / Jan 2022: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 246 (91.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 22 (8.1%)
  • Pre-production: 2 (0.7%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners:
  • “This release is currently being held up at the US port. We anticipate these items to be released from customs shortly, followed shortly by delivery to the LRG warehouse for final shipping.”: 1 (100.0%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners for Mega Man:
  • The Wily Wars: 1 (100.0%)

It's to coincide with the USPS prices that just went up for the new year too, lol.

Saddo face. ~_~
They say that, but it absolutely does not cost $6 to mail a bubble mailer in the United States, especially not at DHL business/volume pricing.

With tax and shipping the new price floor for a game (since $25/$30 releases are almost completely a thing of the past) is $45. I get that there's a premium for physical goods, but Lair of the Clockwork God is on sale for $5 on the eShop and the LRG release will run you nine times that (and take six months). Outside of the "buy it and forget about it" crowd, surely there must be some limit to what people are willing to tolerate for a physical release... right?

They say that, but it absolutely does not cost $6 to mail a bubble mailer in the United States, especially not at DHL business/volume pricing.

With tax and shipping the new price floor for a game (since $25/$30 releases are almost completely a thing of the past) is $45. I get that there's a premium for physical goods, but Lair of the Clockwork God is on sale for $5 on the eShop and the LRG release will run you nine times that (and take six months). Outside of the "buy it and forget about it" crowd, surely there must be some limit to what people are willing to tolerate for a physical release... right?
Oh, no doubt. I just meant they raised it and have an excuse to do it because USPS also raised their prices. Not that they were forced to do it, but they certainly had a valid reason to do it, even if it's already too much. ;P

oh well. im just hoping some of the popular games be released at Best Buy for free shipping / sale / clearance games.
Yeah that $9.99 sale for Scott Pilgrim was quite a surprise, though I feel it may have had to do more with Ubisoft wanting it then anything else.

Digital sales will always trump limited runs of any game for the most part. Once stuff is out of print and no longer gets sales, than it starts changing, such as for the Vita, but there was likely a digital sale somewhere there. I am so picky on these now than before when I was collecting for the Vita. I don't really see as much value of a $29.99+shipping+tax when the game goes on sale for like $2. Sure preservation and all, but so many are on PC as well, and those go even more down in value. I have one game pending (Double Dragon/Kunio Kun Collection), but nostalgia played a big role in that one. I stopped buying physical PC games ages ago, although I know they have limited ones for stuff I like, such as visual novels, but I can preserve those myself DRM free most of the time anyway. To sum it up LRG is expensive as well as many other limited run print manufacturers. I will only buy those if I really, really want them, as the digitals will likely go cheap enough or be bundled on PC someday.

So do you guys think they will release Knights of the Old Republic as a standalone physical release or include it in a two pack like Jedi Knight Collection/ Star Wars Racer and Commando Combo? Don’t want to pay $43.83 for just KOTOR cause that just feels bad man

So do you guys think they will release Knights of the Old Republic as a standalone physical release or include it in a two pack like Jedi Knight Collection/ Star Wars Racer and Commando Combo? Don’t want to pay $43.83 for just KOTOR cause that just feels bad man
This is LRG, so assume they'll only release the standalone KOTOR and we might see a two-pack with it later on sold at retailers at a much more reasonable price.

I guess it will depend on if they port KOTOR II over, which I haven't seen anything about.

its tuff to say the company that made the switch port of KOTOR (Aspyr) has been posting on twitter that it is exclusive to LRG. but this same company is also own by Embracer Group that also owns the company (THQ Nordic) that released the star wars combo packs. Aspyr also made the ports of both Jedi Knight games, Star Wars Racer and Republic Commando.

It was specifically stated by Douglas that KOTOR Switch will not go to Best Buy or retail. Lucasfilm Games doesn't want any confusion with the upcoming remaster.

https://twitter.com/TeawithHagrid/status/1461470074779410436

Fool me once, as they say.
Then you shouldn't buy from LRG anymore, because it's more like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you, fool me thrice, shame on you...and so on until the umpteenth time, where you just keep coming back for more. It's a vicious cycle at LRG...

1xreykv.gif

Then you shouldn't buy from LRG anymore, because it's more like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you, fool me thrice, shame on you...and so on until the umpteenth time, where you just keep coming back for more. It's a vicious cycle at LRG...

1xreykv.gif
You're not the only one... I'm wondering when they'll announce the last two Shantae games for the PS5 and then I'm prob just gonna cut myself off forcefully.

I'm planning to buy the last Shantae game on PS4 since I have the rest of the series there, but beyond that I have stopped buying. My last purchase was in September and that's my only open order. After that it'll take something crazy like exclusivity on Tales remasters to get me to give them more money. There's no one straw that broke the camel's back, but I eventually got to the point where my disdain for the company outweighed my desire for physical games.

Cutting the cord was difficult at first, I definitely felt the sting of FOMO as those first few games I passed on left open pre-order, but it's actually been pretty refreshing since then. I don't have to keep track of what's up for sale when, not worried about getting anything at the blow-out sale, etc. I've been putting the money I would be spending on LRG into an index fund and my "spite investment" is doing pretty decently.

And of course there's the fullset Vita game when(/if) that ever happens. Someone asked in July and they said "details to come later" so I assume it is, though I can only imagine the nightmare that all of those confirmations will be.

I wonder if they are trying to get people to forget about Bird King on Vita (the full set game)?

On the side of fool me once.. twice... etc...

I was burned pretty bad with Golf Story... I have bought exactly one game since then directly form LRG (Castlevania Anniversary Collection - Switch) and one game that Best Buy distributed (Shantae Seven Sirens - Switch).   I have zero pending orders and I'm thinking it's possible I'll just stay strong this year and not order anything from them.   It helps that I've refined my purchasing to specific franchises and games that tick a lot of my boxes.   I still like indies, but I'm more likely to just buy them digital on the cheap... and if I've already played and love the games... then I'll only get them from retail when they are cheap if I think I'll replay them.  I've also dropped interest in many franchises.  Like Metroid and the Tales series.  I went back and played a lot of the older games and just have to walk way as I never seem to stick with the games enough to finish them.  I think in the Metroid series I've beat the first game dozens of times on the NES... and I finished Fusion... not sure I ever finished any of the others... not even Super Metroid.

I'm surprised to see not one post this morning about the Blowout Sale. Looks like a lot of things went live early then went OOS 1-2 minutes later.

I'm surprised to see not one post this morning about the Blowout Sale. Looks like a lot of things went live early then went OOS 1-2 minutes later.
Yep... there were two games I wanted, River City Girls NS and Mummy Demastered PS4. I was just clicking around pages and around 7:57 EST, noticed River City Girls said 3 left... and I was like, WTF?? Clicked it and said "sold out". I checked time.gov too to make sure my cell phone and computer weren't crazy but nope, it went live at least 3 minutes early.

fucking LRG. Can't help but feel they have some games that go live early on purpose and give some people the heads up.

EDIT* Of course, also realized I wanted Turok NS too but it was sold out by the time I realized I'm missing that one.

Yeah, I check at 8:58 CT and most things already live. Curse of the Moon already gone, while Golf Story sold out while trying to check out. Was happy to score Seven Sirens and the two Turoks for Switch.

I missed out on River City Girls for Switch again too, oh well.

I mainly wanted to get Stranger Things 3 for Switch - it was in the Blowout Sale list when it was first posted last week but got removed after a few days. I noticed the product page still said 'Coming Soon' like all of the other Blowout Sale games and was hoping it would be stealth posted this morning but no such luck.

I was luckily able to get several of the PS4/VR games and one of the Switch games I wanted:

PS4 - Gal-Gunvolt Burst
PS4 - Icey
PS4 - Metal Slug Anthology
PS4 - Neverending Nightmares

PS4 - Paper Beast

PS4 - Tokyo Chronos
PS4 - Worse Than Death
Switch - Real MYST

I also had Polybius for PS4 in my cart but it sold out during checkout, blah.

Well, after a year away LRG sucks me back in and I grabbed a bunch of Shante and Ys that I skipped out on back when they had switched to open pre-orders (God, I bought so many games for no reason when they were strictly limited and then swore them off).

How long does it take them to ship stuff these days? I'm out of town for a week and REALLY hope they're backed up as hell.

Well, after a year away LRG sucks me back in and I grabbed a bunch of Shante and Ys that I skipped out on back when they had switched to open pre-orders (God, I bought so many games for no reason when they were strictly limited and then swore them off).

How long does it take them to ship stuff these days? I'm out of town for a week and REALLY hope they're backed up as hell.
A part of me hopes these ship out faster because they should already be on-hand, but I'm not assuming anything with LRG.

I completely forgot about the blowout sale, but mainly because I checked the list last week and the only thing of remote interest to me was 'Grandia Collection.' But even that is currently $5 cheaper at Play Asia for the English release than in this "blowout sale."

I still have my three pending orders from before 'Super Meat Boy,' but two look like they'll be shipping soon. My big New Year's 2021 order finally has the Shenmue CD Collection at their warehouse, so assuming they have the replacement 'Game Tengoku' discs on hand, that should be very soon. Then the 'Castlevania Collection,' whichever one looks like the Genesis release, which also says at the warehouse. Finally the NGPC collectors edition because the foil was hard to source. That's it. Pending anything mind-blowing and exclusive LRG release, anything else of interest I'll see if Best Buy carries it or it gets another English release somewhere. Otherwise, I think that's it for me.

I completely forgot to check the site first thing this morning for the blowout sale but was still able to pick up two of the three games I had a interest in. I bought Curse of the Moon 2 for Switch and the Atooi Collection for 3DS. I missed out on Black Bird.

How are the games supposed to be 15% off yet Shantae is the same price? I didn't know there was gonna be a sale and I missed buying The Missing again. It's the only game I've wanted and I refuse to pay 70-150 bucks on ebay for it.

How are the games supposed to be 15% off yet Shantae is the same price? I didn't know there was gonna be a sale and I missed buying The Missing again. It's the only game I've wanted and I refuse to pay 70-150 bucks on ebay for it.
The 15% off only applies to "LRG-branded merch", which doesn't include their games.

I grabbed Doom 64 and Fight N Rage.  I debated an OG Shantae for GBC as a collectable but I don't have anything I'd be able to play it on, and I grabbed OG Shantae for Switch back when Best Buy had it.  

bread's done
Back