Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Be cool if they shipped out these mystery boxes... Two months later and nothing yet. Not like they were waiting on product or anything.
They were hella lazy and didn't even have the blind boxes prepackaged in their special blind boxes. Not that it's a good excuse... just never order anything from LRG that is in stock (on hand) and have any expectations of getting it before at least three months have past since the sale ended. They NEVER mean that it's actually ready to be shipped out... let alone has a place in the shipping cue. Oh and add on that if you order more than one thing... you get bumped to the bottom of the list for when they will pack your order as complex orders take longer to put together and they'd rather do all the single game orders first (which I don't blame them for that... even though they are kind of doing wrong those that spend the most money).

The little script I wrote to post LRG updates is kaput.  The redesigned Production Updates page no longer includes estimated shipping windows in the HTML, and while I could have it crawl the individual product pages and scrape the dates from there...eh.  It was fun (I guess?) while it lasted, though!

The little script I wrote to post LRG updates is kaput. The redesigned Production Updates page no longer includes estimated shipping windows in the HTML, and while I could have it crawl the individual product pages and scrape the dates from there...eh. It was fun (I guess?) while it lasted, though!
Sonic... let me tell you- as someone who deals with a super busy sch, is honestly not the most organized buyer of games, and frankly has fairly fried brain for part of the year because of how my career is, your updates were fuckING AWESOME.

If I knew you IRL, I'd be buying you a quite a few drinks.

RIP to your script. Thanks for doing such a thankless job for as long as you did, much appreciated. :bow:

Anyone else notice that the lowest base price LRG is charging now is $34.99?  Been happening for a month or two now.  Doesn't seem to matter how low the digital version is, they sell the physical for $34.99.

Anyone else notice that the lowest base price LRG is charging now is $34.99? Been happening for a month or two now. Doesn't seem to matter how low the digital version is, they sell the physical for $34.99.
Yep, seems to be the new normal. It used to be digital price plus $10, but some of those Wales Interactive FMVs are $13 digitally and still $35 via LRG. I was considering picking one of the recent ones up, but the 300% post-shipping premium plus 6+ month wait time was enough to deter me.

yep looks like the last game to be under the $34.99 price was DEAD AGE for PS4 $24.99 back on January 7th before that you had DARK NIGHTS WITH POE & MUNRO for PS4 at $29.99 in December and ALWAYS SOMETIMES MONSTERS for PS4 at $29.99 and REDOUT: SPACE ASSAULT for PS4 and Switch both at $29.99 both games in November

Ive also noticed the game prices going up, but what about the shipping?
Since LRG charges shipping when you create the order, what happens to their shipping profit margin
when they actually ship your games a year later? With gas prices going up, inflation etc. I’d guess the shipping
Price goes up a year later? But they already charged you shipping so I’d guess they’d
Eat some of the cost? How is this handled ?

Ive also noticed the game prices going up, but what about the shipping?
Since LRG charges shipping when you create the order, what happens to their shipping profit margin
when they actually ship your games a year later? With gas prices going up, inflation etc. I’d guess the shipping
Price goes up a year later? But they already charged you shipping so I’d guess they’d
Eat some of the cost? How is this handled ?
They would eat the cost, but their shipping prices were high a year ago I doubt they are eating much, if anything.

The little script I wrote to post LRG updates is kaput. The redesigned Production Updates page no longer includes estimated shipping windows in the HTML, and while I could have it crawl the individual product pages and scrape the dates from there...eh. It was fun (I guess?) while it lasted, though!
Adding my thanks for all the work you do here and in the Blu Ray forums. It is greatly appreciated!

Ender Lilies and Phantom Breaker are pretty nice. I'll likely wait for Ender to go cheap digitally and get, but Phantom Breaker I may go for. It's an update to a pretty old game by now, so it's probably another I'll just wait to get digitally cheaply. I'll think about it.

I was interested in Ender Lillies and then I saw the price of $39.99 and decided to pass.

$40 games at Limited Run are actually $50 with tax and shipping. I'd rather buy this digital then on sale.

I am hoping since it is a distribution title that is shows up on Amazon.
I wish they would let us know which distribution titles would be carried by Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was interested in Ender Lillies and then I saw the price of $39.99 and decided to pass.

$40 games at Limited Run are actually $50 with tax and shipping. I'd rather buy this digital then on sale.

I wish they would let us know which distribution titles would be carried by Amazon.
here you go I hope it helps

Amazon.com: Limited Run Games

That selection is pretty underwhelming. Seems like a laundry list of things they were unable to sell MOQ on. Not that they're all bad games; I like BlazBlue, but selling a physical copy of a niche game that had already released physically on other platforms and even on Switch in other regions didn't strike me as a winning gamble.

Guessing that's going to be the strategy for what gets listed, too. Couldn't sell enough during the pre-order window = goes to Amazon.

So as today is the last day to preorder RCG Zero I don't see any indication that it'll be sold at Best buy unless I missed something. I'll probably have to preorder directly from them to lock down a copy.

So as today is the last day to preorder RCG Zero I don't see any indication that it'll be sold at Best buy unless I missed something. I'll probably have to preorder directly from them to lock down a copy.
Last day is March 13th, based on the product page for one of the games.

PRE-ORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 13, 2022 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME.

I'm interested in Ender Lilies (I keep wanting to type "Elder" and misspell "Lilies"), but I'm waiting to see what the Japanese release looks like (and if it's coming any sooner).  What are the chances of the physical release in Japan having English?  It seems like they wouldn't go to the trouble to manufacture another game cartridge without English, but I do have a Japanese copy of the Valis Collection here that doesn't have English.

Speaking of Metroidvanias, I would like a physical copy of Vigil.  I know it was announced by Super Rare, but I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Has anyone seen a BB message on a pre-order lately? Last one seems to have been a while ago.
Maybe the relationship has soured. BB still hasn’t sold through the copies of No More Heroes 1&2 and Scott Pilgrim that they got from LRG. And Bug Fables which did have the BB disclaimer hasn’t appeared yet.

Maybe the relationship has soured. BB still hasn’t sold through the copies of No More Heroes 1&2 and Scott Pilgrim that they got from LRG. And Bug Fables which did have the BB disclaimer hasn’t appeared yet.
Most likely. Best Buy is passing a bunch of games that they would carried in the past.

Most likely. Best Buy is passing a bunch of games that they would carried in the past.
Went in my local Best Buy yesterday and all games were now behind the counter at the Geek Squad desk. I was told they lost a lot of revenue this past holiday season, and if I wanted to browse the games, an associate could walk me over to a computer and we could scroll a list. If other BBs are doing this, it's just a matter of time before all games are just removed from being anything other than in store pickup or shipping only. I wouldn't be surprised if movies do the exact same thing.

It always depends on the area. If a store is seeing nonstop theft in the gaming department then of course they have no choice but to lock everything up.

It always depends on the area. If a store is seeing nonstop theft in the gaming department then of course they have no choice but to lock everything up.
Exactly. That is definitely not what all BBs are doing.

I do think BBs will largely cut down on the games section as they have the movies sections, and opt to move them online. With digital game sales taking over, not much reason to take up a lot of floorspace with stuff that barely makes them any money.

Went in my local Best Buy yesterday and all games were now behind the counter at the Geek Squad desk. I was told they lost a lot of revenue this past holiday season, and if I wanted to browse the games, an associate could walk me over to a computer and we could scroll a list. If other BBs are doing this, it's just a matter of time before all games are just removed from being anything other than in store pickup or shipping only. I wouldn't be surprised if movies do the exact same thing.
It's almost like we've come full circle....

https://www.reddit.com/r/nostalgia/comments/nj5xzx/toys_r_us_video_game_section/

Yeah, the increased prices sting. Phantom Breaker is $50, so it's $60 after shipping and taxes. I'll get it, but this is the cost trend that's def. going to price me out soon.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1503415782906396678?s=20&t=F0k9o5O1s9nJ4dFtXFnR7w
Just when you thought there were no more Kemco games, LRG surprises you.

Anyone have their NS blind boxes ship yet? I got an email recently to make sure my addy was good and then... nothing.

Just when you thought there were no more Kemco games, LRG surprises you.

Anyone have their NS blind boxes ship yet? I got an email recently to make sure my addy was good and then... nothing.
Looks like they're putting the back catalog of stuff that they'd previously put on PS4/Vita on Switch now through the "distribution line". At least they're grouping the games together instead of hawking them at $35 a pop this time around, I guess.

I've seen a few people mention that their NS blind boxes haven't shipped, but I can't speak to it personally since I skipped the Blowout altogether. I kind of assumed they were dropping everything to get the Scott Pilgrim stuff out the door since that finally came in, though.

So was the Scott Pilgrim KO shipping post a hoax? It's been like 3 weeks since they said 1 week to shipping. I don't know why i'm suprised at LRG at this point but eh. I just want my last game from them so I can be out of their "in production" hell forever

So was the Scott Pilgrim KO shipping post a hoax? It's been like 3 weeks since they said 1 week to shipping. I don't know why i'm suprised at LRG at this point but eh. I just want my last game from them so I can be out of their "in production" hell forever
Mine arrived last week.

Holy Shit I just got a email that Zombies Ate my Neighbors should be shipping by the end of the month.

This game has been holding up a order of mine so I glad it is arriving soon.

I know the vinyl was still not ready so if you had that ordered too it might be holding up the order.

Best Buy Steelbook:

20220315-151329723-i-OS.jpg
20220315-151339579-i-OS.jpg

Weird that Demon Turf got a retail release for Xbox but not other platforms. I bought the Xbox version.

Astro Aqua Kitty is a great game. I have the Vita physical so no need for a PS4 version.

I honestly thought gamestop was the worst company in existence but limited games might just have them beat. Still no reply about my missing item that I paid for, and 3 month wait for items that were already in warehouse ready to be shipped.

bread's done
Back