Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The amount of LRG bashing is insane and I think it's unjustified. Thanks to them, the Vita lived a much longer life than Sony cared to give it. Also, there are tons of quality releases on the Switch. When it comes to these FOMO video game publishers, LRG provides the most quality games without a doubt.

As others have said, the biggest complaint is shipping speed and really this came about when they changed their business model to open preorders (which I think is largely preferred to their old model where you better buy the game in less than a minute or it sells out). If you don't have patience and you don't want to wait a year to get your game(s), then don't buy them. It's as simple as that. All of these games can be bought digitally so if you want to play the game ASAP and you loathe LRG for whatever reason, then just buy it digitally and don't buy the physical game. At the end of the day, almost all of us are buying here to preserve the physical form.

However, myself (and most likely a large amount of other gamers) will continue buying their games because we can endure the wait and probably already have a pretty insane backlog to get through anyways. I come to this thread from time to time to get updates on their releases and it baffles me how every page is littered with posts whining about shipping speeds and saying how awful the company is. Their slow shipping speed isn't anything new and it's not going to change anytime soon. So either buy the game knowing you will have to wait a long time or don't buy the game - it's as simple as that. But stop comparing them to trash companies like Gamestop (a company where you have to take a gamble buying online if you're actually getting a complete copy of the game or a new copy of the game).
Not really unjustified when they have been delaying stuff left and right,regardless of who they work with

I’ve noticed a lot more of LRG games on eBay are going below or at retail…. So I’m guessing as LRG drives their reputation into the ground, and resellers get burned trying to flip games, their sales will continue to decline.

I also agree it’s a “house of cards” that’s gonna collapse so I’m trying to ween myself off of buying so much from them. Not going to buy collectors editions anymore because I don’t want them holding my money (and any other games I foolishly order with that collectors edition) for a year plus!
The more the resellers get burned... the more quit and the fewer copies of games will sell.

The fewer copies that are sold the the price on the secondary market goes up.

Prices being higher brings back some of the resellers and the cycle continues.

Ultimately LRG is in a win win position since they are only manufacturing a little more than are ordered and pre-paid. So chance of them being a "house of cards" is very low since they aren't left holding too many extra copies and they can liquidate them through trade shows, their store, and the new years event. They would need to be gambling with the money on the side and then have manufacturers stop doing business with them in order for the company to collapse. I may not hold a very high opinion of Josh and to a lesser extent Douglas... but I doubt they are doing any real funny business with peoples preorder money.

That's pretty much in line with what I figured they'd do.

This is probably the only thing that could really hurt them in the long run as these types of things are being investigated for prosecution right now.

Ugg Gotta Protectors is a cool one. The $39.99 price is really hard to swallow though. The previous game was like $15. This will have all DLC, so they got me. These are pretty original games. Be sure to try the 3DS one as well. I may even get that cyberpunk adventure game, but it's supposed to be kind of short, so I may not, but I like adventure games.

I wonder if that already happened. That would explain why there's been no sign of Rondo TG16 CD.

No more Konami and the recent utter torrent of shitty gerbage would not bode well for them.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. The Cowabunga Collection is a big deal with a solid mainstream following so makes sense Konami would publish it. I'd still expect other collections like Contra to stick with LRG (and other mid to smaller sized publishers). Scott Pilgrim is a much more niche/cult title by comparison to TMNT so that going to LRG and not TMNT is also not any suggestion of larger publishers rethinking use of LRG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. The Cowabunga Collection is a big deal with a solid mainstream following so makes sense Konami would publish it. I'd still expect other collections like Contra to stick with LRG (and other mid to smaller sized publishers). Scott Pilgrim is a much more niche/cult title by comparison to TMNT so that going to LRG and not TMNT is also not any suggestion of larger publishers rethinking use of LRG.
I'd argue Castlevania is bigger than Scott Pilgrim or TMNT, but that went to LRG. Either Josh or Doug mentioned that they had to convince Konami that Castlevania was worth pursuing as a physical, so maybe Konami's just finally pulling their head out of the sand in response to sales.

Then again, they also sold almost twice as many copies of Scott Pilgrim as they did of Castlevania, so I don't know that Q Score necessarily correlates to sales. It's all very interesting to watch regardless, and I'm certainly a larger proponent of retail releases than I am of LRG releases.

Did any of the Worms games (SNES, GEN, GB) currently on LRG have North American releases?
Good question. I'm about 95% sure the SNES and GB versions were confined to Europe (still in English), and Wikipedia seems to agree with me. Not nearly as confident in my Genesis trivia but I'd guess that was only released in Europe too.

My Switch blind boxes finally shipped (or have a label created, at least)
As expected, they took their sweet time... mine still haven't shipped of course.

LRG automatically ships all CEs in a box right? I'm looking to split one of my orders where only a CE is still in production but just not sure it's big enough to be shipped in a box or not.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1507069866024607755

"The last batch of blindboxes are headed out the door!" = We finally printed the labels, please wait another 2-6 weeks for actual delivery.

Good question. I'm about 95% sure the SNES and GB versions were confined to Europe (still in English), and Wikipedia seems to agree with me. Not nearly as confident in my Genesis trivia but I'd guess that was only released in Europe too.
I was reading wikipedia too, but it wasn't clear so I can here. I also looked for used ones on ebay, and didn't find any NA listings for GB or SNES. I found one seller with a Genesis version. He has six available so I suspect its a repro. Maybe I will pick these up from LRG.

Received an email yesterday saying my blindboxes had shipped.  It's going to take almost a week and a half for them to travel 600 miles via DHL.  Last year I remember having these by the first or second week of March.

My blind box order just shipped and I'll be out of town for part of next week and the week after so I wouldn't have seen it when it arrived anyway I guess. 

I was curious to see what potential games are in there but the new website doesn't show the list anymore. 

My blind box order just shipped and I'll be out of town for part of next week and the week after so I wouldn't have seen it when it arrived anyway I guess.

I was curious to see what potential games are in there but the new website doesn't show the list anymore.
If I'd known the list was going to disappear I would have gotten a screen shot. I like to compare what I received vs what they had listed.

Anyone know where to find the blindbox lists?

Got my shipment as well. I like how "Q1 2022" literally means "the very last week of the quarter". Reminds me of the south park cable company episode where they quote they'll be there between noon and 5 and always show up at 4:55.

As someone who defended this company from the start, I just cannot anymore. 

Too many issues.  Just, too many issues,  all already mentioned in this vast thread (and elsewhere).

Shadow Man...I really, really wanted...but, I'm letting it go.

Such a simple concept...yet...cetain people, apparently, lack simple skills.

I'm ordering that defenders game. I liked the previous game and it seems like a cool game. I don't expect to see it in 2022 for sure haha. I don't defend them at all and wish they were more like the old selves where they had them on hand and would just need time to pack, but it's all about the pre-order now and likely selling off the extras now to suckers in blind boxes. Not a fan of them anymore, but I want the game haha.

Well this is interesting... LRG shipped my blind boxes last Friday and DHL tracking shows they already handed it off to the post office yesterday. But post office is saying they're still waiting for the package. I hope this is a delay due USPS catching up from the weekend or something. Would love to get these before I go out of town. 

Too many issues. Just, too many issues, all already mentioned in this vast thread (and elsewhere).

It's important to define your own limits. I often feel a lot of complaints surrounding LRG are often blown out of proportion. (hence how long this thread gets)

But at the end of the day, it is just a series of products, being sold by a company, and involvement in the process is not compulsory. Nothing wrong with deciding when you are done, and choosing not to buy a particular entry. Or even no entries, ever. It's up to the consumer.

I'm still going to dip in for the occasional title. Anno: Mutationem looks like it is probably going to be one I will want. But I've been scaling back my purchases from LRG significantly over the past year. I even said no to the Boy and His Blob re-release, despite being a fan of the series. Throttling back on obsessive collecting can be healthy.

Too many issues. Just, too many issues, all already mentioned in this vast thread (and elsewhere).

Such a simple concept...yet...cetain people, apparently, lack simple skills.
They really haven't changed that much through the years (especially since switching to preorders... which I vastly prefer over the old 2 minute sellouts during the vita days). The big difference is now you see them as the company they are.

LRG to me is still safe for standard edition games (not much to mess up) as long as I can deal with the long wait. BUT they thankfully don't get much that I actually want which really isn't new... they've never published that much which has greatly interested me in having physical. Even the first game, Breach and Clear (vita), I only bought it to send a message that limited print gaming was worth doing. I will never open that game or play it digitally. After that one mercy purchase I've bought 7 more games they published... with one coming from ebay and another from bestbuy.

It's important to define your own limits. I often feel a lot of complaints surrounding LRG are often blown out of proportion. (hence how long this thread gets)

But at the end of the day, it is just a series of products, being sold by a company, and involvement in the process is not compulsory. Nothing wrong with deciding when you are done, and choosing not to buy a particular entry. Or even no entries, ever. It's up to the consumer.

I'm still going to dip in for the occasional title. Anno: Mutationem looks like it is probably going to be one I will want. But I've been scaling back my purchases from LRG significantly over the past year. I even said no to the Boy and His Blob re-release, despite being a fan of the series. Throttling back on obsessive collecting can be healthy.
Well said! Agree 100%.

Breath of fresh air and voice of reason right here. Mods, please pin this at the top.

What complaints are blown out of proportion? Curious as I’m still new to this LRG world.
Usually the ones complaining how predatory LRG is as the OCD collector crowd is being bled dry with the rate of releases. We haven't had one of those complains though in a while. I think LRG helped break a large number of people from being serious game collectors... which was probably a healthy thing in the long run. I know it stopped me quickly from finishing my full USA vita set as there was no way I was buying what I considered an endless stream of somewhat crap games (there were some gems too) until publishing was shut down. Plus I hated fighting on release day for those couple minutes it was even possible to get an order in due to all the bots that resellers had.

Most of the other complaints are legit issues with actual orders. The main time those get blown out of proportion is when some defender or shill for the company decides to make it so.

lrg-grand-opening_2048x2048.png

Apparently their Retail Store will have exclusive versions of Scott Pilgrim and Shantae 1 & 2 for Switch?? Ugh.

Hopefully they offer some of these online like the PAX-variants...

Still deciding if I want to add Demon's Turf or at Anno whatever game. I'm getting that Gotta Protectors game though. Any opinions on either of the other games?

Apparently their Retail Store will have exclusive versions of Scott Pilgrim and Shantae 1 & 2 for Switch?? Ugh.

Hopefully they offer some of these online like the PAX-variants...
How does the LRG community feel about physical store exclusives? I think it's crap tbh but as I said I'm new to this and have that "gotta have it all" mentality.

Pretty much all of them, because we're talking about video games.
????

Edit: Getting the Steamdeck and playing on Steam lately has made me miss physical media. I wish there was a PC like LRG or at least for the bigger games some publisher still make physical PC games.

Didn't LRG mention something about no duplicates in blind boxes? Does anyone remember if this was a "guarantee" or a "we'll try our best"? I got two IDENTICAL boxes. Both had an upside down copy of Mercenaries Wings for Switch, and a gold #278 card. 

Now that they finally shipped out the thousands of blind boxes from the beginning of the year maybe we will finally see some movement on other games.

I'm cool with exclusives at the store. I'm traveling there on opening day to resell the exclusive items and hopefully get some stuff for my switch collection

Email said DHL was to deliver my blindboxes on Saturday.

They just arrived.
Nice. Mine are... with someone. DHL tracking shows they were handed off to local facility for delivery, which I thought meant USPS, on Monday. But checking the tracking on USPS shows they're still waiting for the package.

Gonna suck, I'm going out of town for a week in a bit so won't get to find out what I got for another week.

Didn't LRG mention something about no duplicates in blind boxes? Does anyone remember if this was a "guarantee" or a "we'll try our best"? I got two IDENTICAL boxes. Both had an upside down copy of Mercenaries Wings for Switch, and a gold #278 card.
I believe they said something like they'll "try to avoid" sending duplicates... which shouldn't be hard if they did it the same as prior year, when all the boxes are marked on the outside with a code to indicate that they're different games.

I believe they said something like they'll "try to avoid" sending duplicates... which shouldn't be hard if they did it the same as prior year, when all the boxes are marked on the outside with a code to indicate that they're different games.
They aren't marked this year. Oh well, I'd prefer no duplicates but I did end up getting a 1/1 Va11-Hall-A printing plate card, so pretty happy about that.

I swear the things they have listed as shipping soon are the same things that were listed as shipping soon 3-4 months ago.
When the Scott Pilgrim KO Editions came in they prioritized those in the queue, and then they finally got around to blindboxes. Everything that was in the queue, and everything that has arrived since, are just sitting in their warehouse.

They aren't marked this year. Oh well, I'd prefer no duplicates but I did end up getting a 1/1 Va11-Hall-A printing plate card, so pretty happy about that.
Oh damn... that's a hell of a bonus. I don't think I've ever gotten anything good from blind boxes but also, never got anything bad like... Jumanji or some of their super worthless games.

Kunio-kun collection is coming finally. Only 7 months so I guess that's normal? I'm about to order Gotta Protectors so I guess I know one of my Christmas presents to myself already if I'm optimistic haha. I really miss games in hand.

I received an email about their physical store grand opening.  I'm not a huge fan that they are reprinting games they've already made in a new box and calling them "exclusive."  They can do what they want but it definitely isn't anything exciting.  If anything you'd think they would print a unique game for this big opening.  "Autograph signings" from the creators of Shantae or the directors of River City Girls isn't exciting at all for me, but maybe there are people out there that like that kind of stuff.  Anyway, One thing did catch my eye..

Trade-ins: Fans who trade in their used games with a $25+ value will receive a ticket that allows them to purchase an additional exclusive item and an exclusive trading card. Fans can get a head start on their trades by visiting the store on Friday, April 29th, from 1:00 PM–8:00 PM ET OR during the grand opening event in the outdoor tent area from 10 AM–4 PM

Does this mean they are accepting trade ins for all games (not just LRG stuff)?  They might hit a niche market if they started selling used retro games.

Well I got my blind boxes. 

I ordered 5 ps4 ones and got: 

Five Dates
Splasher
Jak X
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2

RocketBirds 

So I guess I got all 5 as "uncommon" games. interestingly enough, all these games are right one after another on the blind box list. Is that how they do it? do they just have these all in order and go one after another lol?

I wanted Celeste the most haha which was allegedly "common".

Well I got my blind boxes.

I ordered 5 ps4 ones and got:

Five Dates
Splasher
Jak X
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2

RocketBirds

So I guess I got all 5 as "uncommon" games. interestingly enough, all these games are right one after another on the blind box list. Is that how they do it? do they just have these all in order and go one after another lol?

I wanted Celeste the most haha which was allegedly "common".
Yes, I believe so. I bought 30 switch blind boxes. I looked at a youtube video of someone else who did as well, and we had zero of the same game. So yes you most likely just games in order (which probably makes it easy for them to avoid duplicates, although I still got one). I probably got 1-29 and they got 60-89 or something like that.

5jwjd161wkq81.png

Edit: Looking at the list, and I can confirm that is the case. I received 30 COMMON games out of my 30... I knew they weren't great hits when I got them, but wow.

Really scummy of LRG. I ordered the max number to eliminate variance, and this is what I get. I don't even know if the uncommon/rare games are worth much more, but a lot of the common games are lower end stuff that sold in other retail stores.

They act like it's "random", but it's not. It says 63% of the boxes are common. If that were really true, the odds of getting 30 common games out of 30, I imagine are 1 in a billion. Someone smart please figure out the math for me.

bread's done
Back