Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I received an email about their physical store grand opening. I'm not a huge fan that they are reprinting games they've already made in a new box and calling them "exclusive." They can do what they want but it definitely isn't anything exciting. If anything you'd think they would print a unique game for this big opening. "Autograph signings" from the creators of Shantae or the directors of River City Girls isn't exciting at all for me, but maybe there are people out there that like that kind of stuff. Anyway, One thing did catch my eye..

Trade-ins: Fans who trade in their used games with a $25+ value will receive a ticket that allows them to purchase an additional exclusive item and an exclusive trading card. Fans can get a head start on their trades by visiting the store on Friday, April 29th, from 1:00 PM–8:00 PM ET OR during the grand opening event in the outdoor tent area from 10 AM–4 PM

Does this mean they are accepting trade ins for all games (not just LRG stuff)? They might hit a niche market if they started selling used retro games.
Sounds like another way for the owners to pad their personal collections.

Friends 2 blind boxes came in, Star Wars racer and Turok 2. Brother got dark devotion and streets of rage 4 in his two. My two are coming today

Does this mean they are accepting trade ins for all games (not just LRG stuff)? They might hit a niche market if they started selling used retro games.
They are going to accept all kinds of games for trade ins. They will be accepting sealed games too. There will be retro games available at the store.

Friends 2 blind boxes came in, Star Wars racer and Turok 2. Brother got dark devotion and streets of rage 4 in his two. My two are coming today
My package has been in limbo for like 3 days now... DHL saying it was handed off to the USPS and USPS is showing it's waiting for DHL to hand it off. Ugh.

These April Fools games are hot garbage and I can't believe people will buy these from them.

All I want to know is when is Zombies Ate my Neighbors going to ship.

What happened to shipping the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1 Classic Edition.

They act like it's "random", but it's not. It says 63% of the boxes are common. If that were really true, the odds of getting 30 common games out of 30, I imagine are 1 in a billion. Someone smart please figure out the math for me.
I'm a bit rusty, but I think it would just be 0.63^30 = 9.55e-7 = 0.000000955 = roughly 1 in a million chance

Oh boy Kids on Site. Just what I wanted! Has anyone played any of the catgirl game? I know it was on PC and I likely have it somewhere, but I haven't tried it. Still haven't made my LRG purchase yet, but I'm not sure these games are being added haha.

Well the catgirl game is Wayforward and they have a good track record.  It does seem like LRG is basically the physical publisher of all Wayforward games now though.  Wish they would go standard retail with some of their bigger releases.

I opened up today's newsletter and had a good chuckle at the mosaic of shovelware garbage.

PS5 title #24 ?!? I wonder what the first 23 were. lol

Yes, I believe so. I bought 30 switch blind boxes. I looked at a youtube video of someone else who did as well, and we had zero of the same game. So yes you most likely just games in order (which probably makes it easy for them to avoid duplicates, although I still got one). I probably got 1-29 and they got 60-89 or something like that.

5jwjd161wkq81.png

Edit: Looking at the list, and I can confirm that is the case. I received 30 COMMON games out of my 30... I knew they weren't great hits when I got them, but wow.

Really scummy of LRG. I ordered the max number to eliminate variance, and this is what I get. I don't even know if the uncommon/rare games are worth much more, but a lot of the common games are lower end stuff that sold in other retail stores.

They act like it's "random", but it's not. It says 63% of the boxes are common. If that were really true, the odds of getting 30 common games out of 30, I imagine are 1 in a billion. Someone smart please figure out the math for me.
They don't care at all bro. It's just some fat guy going down the list of stacks picking one at a time from each pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
welp my 2 switch blind boxes arrived, they are shantae and shantae risky revenge. I already own both of them too. and the cards they included are beat up and bent too

Hey, hopefully this drives the price down on the aftermarket for some of those games.

Folks shouldn't be paying for loot boxes, but at least you can try and recoup costs.

welp my 2 switch blind boxes arrived, they are shantae and shantae risky revenge. I already own both of them too. and the cards they included are beat up and bent too
Not bad games by any means... they're fairly in demand so you could prob swap them for something else you want.

Yes, I believe so. I bought 30 switch blind boxes. I looked at a youtube video of someone else who did as well, and we had zero of the same game. So yes you most likely just games in order (which probably makes it easy for them to avoid duplicates, although I still got one). I probably got 1-29 and they got 60-89 or something like that.

5jwjd161wkq81.png

Edit: Looking at the list, and I can confirm that is the case. I received 30 COMMON games out of my 30... I knew they weren't great hits when I got them, but wow.

Really scummy of LRG. I ordered the max number to eliminate variance, and this is what I get. I don't even know if the uncommon/rare games are worth much more, but a lot of the common games are lower end stuff that sold in other retail stores.

At least you didn’t get dupes in,your order like this guy on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/comments/ttzlp3/what_kind_of_bs_is_this/

4 of his 11 are dupes.

With how these blind boxes are being dished out... someone that ordered a bunch prob got like.. all rares or something. 

Welp, I just got 4 shipping notifications from Limited Run in a row tonight after months of being dry. All on a Friday night. They must be working overtime this weekend. These are from games ordered from all over the place. Gonna be funny to get probably two or three packages from them in my box all on the same day (not the first or even second time its happened). 

Call me crazy or whatever but I still think it would be nice if the orders went out in the order they were received. But, whatever, used to it by now. Least they could do is put all the games into a medium flat rate priority for me, but I guess that's too much to ask for the $25 bucks I paid in shipping on the orders so I guess I'll see them in three weeks or so.

Still, guys, get ready for those post-Scott Pilgrim/post-blind box overlooked indie game fulfillments.

I ordered Green Lava 2 (only because I have 1) proving I am a fucking moron and undermining any criticism I give of LRG. Sigh.

I got realmyst, Neptunia VII, and Shadowgate. No interest in playing any of them and I'm surprised I didn't get any commons, given the other posts.

I got realmyst, Neptunia VII, and Shadowgate. No interest in playing any of them and I'm surprised I didn't get any commons, given the other posts.
This further makes me think that they have games in order or in piles so that.. most people just got all of the games from the same category (all commons, all uncommons, etc.).

I’ve ignored limited run for most of their existence, company and concept seemed fishy and something I didn’t like from the start, but it’s here to stay and just going to get bigger it seems.  Started getting stuff this last year, and went big with their switch blind boxes for the first time, bought 20.  Was hoping pretty much just for the messenger, but with 20 commons no chance of that happening.  Here’s what I got:

ion fury

battle axe

forgotten anne

Golf story

billion road

return of the obra Dinn

va-11 halla

corpse killer

arc of alchemist

black bird

turok

turok 2

sea of solitude

mighty gunvolt burst

star wars racer

night trap

wizard of legend

doom 64

pixel junk Eden 2

streets of rage 4

How did I do overall?  Not really sure what else I would have wanted, but down for looking into trades if anyone wants.  Also got copies of dark devotion, senran kagura reflexions, and Grandia hd as well.  Pretty crappy way they distributed these, but not surprised.  Anyone purchasing this many is doing so having made an internal calculation that what they get is going to be distributed in line with the rarity percentages they published, they knew that, but didn’t give a crap.  They’ve got their money and fulfilled the minimum of their obligations in the transaction, months later, great job.

The funny thing is the only excuse for the delayed shipping was the "random factor" of the blind boxes. Like, okay, maybe it takes some time to go through each order and if someone orders 20 games, randomly select twenty and make sure there are no duplicates and package them. That would be somewhat time consuming. Instead, they likely just have crates numbered #1 - #70 for each game (Commons #1-40, uncommons, #41-#55, rare #56-70) and the only "random" thing is selecting which crate to start. And then you just move one crate to the right each time and select a game until you have the twenty. That should take like five minutes max for even the largest order. Any other company would probably try to make things right, but with LRG you know they don't care. 

I’ve ignored limited run for most of their existence, company and concept seemed fishy and something I didn’t like from the start, but it’s here to stay and just going to get bigger it seems. Started getting stuff this last year, and went big with their switch blind boxes for the first time, bought 20. Was hoping pretty much just for the messenger, but with 20 commons no chance of that happening. Here’s what I got:

ion fury

battle axe

forgotten anne

Golf story

billion road

return of the obra Dinn

va-11 halla

corpse killer

arc of alchemist

black bird

turok

turok 2

sea of solitude

mighty gunvolt burst

star wars racer

night trap

wizard of legend

doom 64

pixel junk Eden 2

streets of rage 4

How did I do overall? Not really sure what else I would have wanted, but down for looking into trades if anyone wants. Also got copies of dark devotion, senran kagura reflexions, and Grandia hd as well. Pretty crappy way they distributed these, but not surprised. Anyone purchasing this many is doing so having made an internal calculation that what they get is going to be distributed in line with the rarity percentages they published, they knew that, but didn’t give a crap. They’ve got their money and fulfilled the minimum of their obligations in the transaction, months later, great job.
At least you didn't get duplicates and those are honestly some solid games. Turok and Senran Reflexions are two that I need but I only ordered 2 blind boxes because I've had terrible luck with them so prob not getting what I want. Still no clue what I got and won't find out until the end of the week when I get home.

Random ques: how many switch games does one need to order before they ship in a box and not a mailer? And I assume chances of unpacking being in LRG@amazon are nil?

Random ques: how many switch games does one need to order before they ship in a box and not a mailer? And I assume chances of unpacking being in LRG@amazon are nil?
I’ve had them ship in a box when I’ve ordered 2, but I don’t order much so I don’t know if that is the norm.

I’d say Unpacking has a good chance of showing up on Amazon. It’s a distributed game, not an LRG numbered release.

You have to purchase three or more Switch games before they'll give you a free box.

Everything about the distribution line is inconsistent, so your guess is as good as mine on what goes to Amazon. It seems like their Amazon presence is mostly stuff that didn't/wouldn't sell well on their site so take that as you will.

In my experience, two standard editions get a box. Also, one CE or Special Edition (non standard) will get a box by itself.

So uhh.....my blind box finally arrived.  I got Celeste. Yay? And looking through Ebay I see people didn't waste time listing their copies.

Looks like Bethesda also updated the downloadable versions of the game too so you can finally play them offline as well.  Took them long enough.  At least it appears it wouldn't have happened if LRG hadn't gotten involved, so I'll give them that.

Looks like Bethesda also updated the downloadable versions of the game too so you can finally play them offline as well. Took them long enough. At least it appears it wouldn't have happened if LRG hadn't gotten involved, so I'll give them that.
I don't totally get what the deal is with that game - I've seen people (and LRG) state that you could always play these offline and some act like they can't be played offline. There's a huge difference between the game requiring that you've linked your console user to an online account to not being able to play the games offline.

They couldn't be played offline because every seven seconds, the games would try to phone home and the Playstation "Sign in" screen would pop up. See here.

They couldn't be played offline because every seven seconds, the games would try to phone home and the Playstation "Sign in" screen would pop up. See here.
Yes, by playing as a guest user. That isn't the same as "can't be played offline". If your console user has ever been linked to a network account, you can play offline. You can never connect to the internet again and it will apparently work fine. If you want a guest user to be able to play it offline, then it can't.

I get the issue and why some would be upset, but it seems like it was always sold to be more of an issue than it actually is - most people would never have even known it was an issue and when I've read comments/posts about it, most of them don't seem to be correct. I don't share my Switch with anyone, will never create a guest user for someone to play Doom, and the first thing I did when I got the console was link it to my network account.

For most, the risk is that we'll live long enough for the Nintendo and PSN servers to shut down, our console dies, we buy a new one, and then can't play Doom since we can no longer link the console account to a network account.

I also link my online account immediately after getting a console; but sometimes I like to play a game on my own console under a guest account because I'm not ready to commit to playing through the game completely at the time and don't want to risk accidentally getting a trophy in the meantime. I have plenty of games in my trophy list now with just one obtained trophy because I was trying out a game and a trophy popped for something silly like looking at an option menu or whatnot. So I've learned to play under a guest account that deleted itself when I'm done playing. It's frustrating that I couldn't just play around in Doom I & II over the last three years because Bethesda decided to make the game phone home every seven seconds. Why do they need to do that anyways?

I don't totally get what the deal is with that game - I've seen people (and LRG) state that you could always play these offline and some act like they can't be played offline. There's a huge difference between the game requiring that you've linked your console user to an online account to not being able to play the games offline.
It's possible for something to be both "a minor inconvenience to the end user" and "a massive dickbag move by the publisher" at the same time. This is one of those things. Not a big problem for most people, but why even go there? Having any online requirement at all, even a little one, is a crappy thing to do. By now we all know how slippery this particular slope is. The pushback against this kind of garbage is well deserved and a long time coming.

LRG recently posted an update for folks looking to replace their Doom: The Classics Collection disc:

doom-update_480x480.jpg

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/doom-the-classics-collection-update
That's nice, but sounds like you'll be without a cartridge or disc for a long time. They haven't even ordered the replacement discs, have they?

Why is there a time limit on when I can request a replacement?
How Limited Run disc and cartridge ordering works is we note how many units are needed, then we order that amount from Nintendo and Sony. Since both companies have minimum order quantities we must make sure that we order all the media at once so later down the line we’re not ordering a very large amount of replacements for only a handful of people.

Pretty ridiculous they can’t just send everyone a replacement cart automatically, it’s their or their partners fault, not the customers, just fix it.  Making plenty of money off the people most likely to be concerned about this to do so.  The reasoning why they cannot is BS, talking like they aren’t for the good of the customer and to keep the integrity of their word, sounds like that has been a non-issue in the past plenty of times when it was beneficial to them.  And they expect the customer to pay to ship their original cart back?  After forcing them to open an item they know many bought to keep sealed, or leaving them with a cart that is less than ideal for physical preservation purposes if they don’t.  You can call either concern minor, but those most unhappy about either option, are partly viewing it that way because of an overblown collectors mentality limited run pushes with their own messaging ad nauseam and probably can’t survive without.

Finally got around to opening my two NS blindboxes- Turok and Pixel Junk Eden. Pretty happy about Turok since I got 2 in blindbox last year so having the first as well is nice. Pixel Junk Eden is prob one of the least desirable games for me but I guess it's better than one of those Kemco games. 

I also got a Grandia card (yay) and some Asdevine or something, but they're both bent/damaged.:whistle2:

I finally received my order for NeoGeo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 1 - Classic Edition yesterday. I thought the outer box would be an upscale of the original North American NGCP boxes, which are square, but no, it's wider and thinner. Almost as think as a real NGPC box. I haven't opened it yet to see if the steelbook is damaged somehow.

This marks my final LRG order. Until the inevitable Vol. 2 gets released through LRG, because SNK has been making so many good choices lately (KoFXV Omega Edition had its soundtrack in two, loose paper sleeves!), I am done with LRG.

I finally received my order for NeoGeo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 1 - Classic Edition yesterday. I thought the outer box would be an upscale of the original North American NGCP boxes, which are square, but no, it's wider and thinner. Almost as think as a real NGPC box. I haven't opened it yet to see if the steelbook is damaged somehow.

This marks my final LRG order. Until the inevitable Vol. 2 gets released through LRG, because SNK has been making so many good choices lately (KoFXV Omega Edition had its soundtrack in two, loose paper sleeves!), I am done with LRG.
I usually go for the anime fighting games so I'm on with them until the newest ones ship so likely December haha. What always pisses me off is usually now games are $15+ on their MSRP price, so the games are not great value, and I'm not sure which indie/whatever games will be ones I replay. I still bit on a few, but I passed on some like anno whatever, as I'll play it, but likely more when the digital price goes to about $12 or so. They rarely do visual novels, so I don't buy from them often. I did get the Kunio-kun collection though, and I'm lucky they had an ad flyer for their junk that protected it in that cheap-o mailer.

My Neogeo CE was shipped in a flimsy box & came damaged. Contacted CS & looking forward to fun times getting this exchanged 

It's possible for something to be both "a minor inconvenience to the end user" and "a massive dickbag move by the publisher" at the same time. This is one of those things. Not a big problem for most people, but why even go there? Having any online requirement at all, even a little one, is a crappy thing to do. By now we all know how slippery this particular slope is. The pushback against this kind of garbage is well deserved and a long time coming.
I wasn't criticizing those who have an issue with it - I was criticizing the way the issue has been conveyed and reported by some.

Yes, it makes no sense and shouldn't have happened. The reality of the situation is already enough to make an easy argument condemning the product. Still, I think there are also likely a good number of people who would go from being irate to not caring if they knew the actual issue.

And given the nature of the issue, I doubt it was intentional. It's not even DRM for the actual product. It's non-sensical. Didn't they even patch the digital version and then break it again or something?

Mine also arrived and I always wonder why they don't promote what's inside the package on the back of the box.

There is so much wasted space at the bottom and you could easily mention the retrospective book, steel book and poster included.

bread's done
Back