Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
As far as LRG CEs go, I still love my 'Streets of Rage 4' collectors edition, despite the dented steelbook LRG refused to replace, and everything else was great it in. For me, that's the best CE they ever made.

If most of their releases had a premium tier with an artbook/steelbook/soundtrack like a lot of first party Sony releases do, for only $10-20 more, that would be ideal. Of course the margins are paper thin, if that, with such low quantities.

The only CE's that catch my eye are ones that have something unique or relative to the game. The last CE I picked up from LRG was the Obra Dinn CE because it had the book that's basically lore from the game/strategy guide. I don't care too much about soundtracks, trinkets, action figures, pins, cards, etc. but if it's something unique I'm definitely at least giving it a second glance.

My bet is on them re-re-re-releasing the existing titles for Xbox over there being a new game. LRG and WayForward love milking the franchise.

Is there really a must have CE? Ignoring future value, DLC and things you subjectively like, what release, if any, would you qualify as an edition you absolutely would tell anyone to get over the regular version?

I can only think of nice to haves over must haves. Ni No Kuni 1's spellbook is the only one I can think of but lol this isn't from personal experience because I haven't opened mine. No idea if the book really makes for a better experience.
On 3DS, Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition as contains all three games... Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation... with Revelation otherwise only being available digitally. When the 3DS eshop shuts down this version will be even more important.

On a minor note, Shantae Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition on Switch includes some cosmetic dlc not included in the digital Ultimate Edition. So serious fans should go physical. But to be fair, that was the only physical option anyway. Same for Cytus Alpha, La Mulana 1&2, and several other games. Plus on rare occasions the CE ends up being the cheapest option later on when stores are starting to phase out a title. I've ended up buying a few games that way as it was cheaper than the standard at the time (Ex: Persona Q Premium Wild Cards Edition).

But overall... FE Fates Special Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling it now, not one single person is going to buy this June 3 Bundle. I dare you to buy this and prove me wrong.

June 3rd Mega-Bundle – Limited Run Games
You can actually view how many people purchased it within the page source. As of me typing this, it's 13.

Other version sales:

• Switch standard: 278
  • Switch CE: 49
  • PS5 standard: 182
  • PS5 CE: 34
  • PS4 standard: 91
  • PS4 CE: 12
  • PC CE: 34
So far 181 CEs sold total (52 from the bundle, 129 separately). I imagine whatever quantities go to partner stores and their retail store aren't included in that and it's solely end consumers buying through the site, so add a grain of salt to that.

You can actually view how many people purchased it within the page source. As of me typing this, it's 13.

Other version sales:

• Switch standard: 278
  • Switch CE: 49
  • PS5 standard: 182
  • PS5 CE: 34
  • PS4 standard: 91
  • PS4 CE: 12
  • PC CE: 34
So far 181 CEs sold total (52 from the bundle, 129 separately). I imagine whatever quantities go to partner stores and their retail store aren't included in that and it's solely end consumers buying through the site, so add a grain of salt to that.
I had some interest in the American Hero game just because I like FMV games as a novelty. No way I'm paying nearly $45 after shipping and tax though. Probably would have bit on the PS4 version had it been a more reasonable $24.99. I can't believe 13 people bought hthe megaa bundle with every version of it for nearly $300 , people must have a lot of spare cash on hand which is somewhat surprising in todays economy.

You can actually view how many people purchased it within the page source.
Do me a solid and save me some time with a selector, or paste the HTML tag here? I can write a script to grab all the data from all the games and post it to a Google Sheet, if nobody has done that yet.

I had heard the only thing you could get like that was the number of page views. That's not correct?

I had some interest in the American Hero game just because I like FMV games as a novelty. No way I'm paying nearly $45 after shipping and tax though. Probably would have bit on the PS4 version had it been a more reasonable $24.99. I can't believe 13 people bought hthe megaa bundle with every version of it for nearly $300 , people must have a lot of spare cash on hand which is somewhat surprising in todays economy.
Same. It's gone on sale for $10.50 on PSN, and 4x the price is just too much for me. FMVs have pretty limited amounts of content, and I can't justify that markup for something like this. I do have it on my wishlist on PSN, so I'll pick it up next time it's on sale though.

Do me a solid and save me some time with a selector, or paste the HTML tag here? I can write a script to grab all the data from all the games and post it to a Google Sheet, if nobody has done that yet.

I had heard the only thing you could get like that was the number of page views. That's not correct?
XPath: //*[@id="ProductJson-6904648564789"]

CSS: #ProductJson-6904648564789

.json attribute: inventory_quantity

The bolded number is a unique identifier for the listing (this is the Switch standard), so in theory any script you write would just need to identify valid ProductIds and iterate through. Open pre-orders appear to start at 0 and decrement per sale (so -13 = 13 sales). Limited quantity items start at the in-stock amount and decrement per sale (so Mercenaries Blaze/ProductID 6905708707893, which started at 4900 copies, has an inventory quantity of 2472 likely representing 2428 units sold).

Don't know if there's an attribute for views, the term "view" is used for a lot in programming and I didn't stop to parse through all of the occurrences on the page source.

Those sales for American Hero seems exceptionally low…. and I’d assume the most sales would occur on release day?
Is that the extent of the purchasing power of resellers and die hard supporters ? I’ve seen the resale market on LRG releases plummet on eBay, other then the actual “good/high demand games” so the majority aren’t profitable to resell. So that market is drying up for flippers. Then the die hard fans I feel are tired of being burned…. I’m still waiting over a year for my Castlevania collectors collection. My friends got the normal edition edition months ago ! So yeah I’m never ordering a collectors edition again!

You can see under almost every post by LRG (on their social media) is flooded with frustrated buyers complaining about their delayed games and threatening to never order from them again. You can see the sentiment on LRG changing and thus the die hard fan market is drying up.

I don’t know who would order the new turtles game from LRG when your paying at least double then the retail price, and then having to wait a year for the game to ship. It makes zero common sense (from what I can see) to order that turtles game from them.

I don’t know who would order the new turtles game from LRG when your paying at least double then the retail price, and then having to wait a year for the game to ship. It makes zero common sense (from what I can see) to order that turtles game from them.
Guessing LRG will do something to distinguish its preorder version from the general retail one. It'll be something immaterial like different cover art, but some will see it to be valuable enough to buy it from them directly.

Those sales for American Hero seems exceptionally low…. and I’d assume the most sales would occur on release day?
Is that the extent of the purchasing power of resellers and die hard supporters ? I’ve seen the resale market on LRG releases plummet on eBay, other then the actual “good/high demand games” so the majority aren’t profitable to resell. So that market is drying up for flippers. Then the die hard fans I feel are tired of being burned…. I’m still waiting over a year for my Castlevania collectors collection. My friends got the normal edition edition months ago ! So yeah I’m never ordering a collectors edition again!

You can see under almost every post by LRG (on their social media) is flooded with frustrated buyers complaining about their delayed games and threatening to never order from them again. You can see the sentiment on LRG changing and thus the die hard fan market is drying up.

No. As a reseller I still buy some to move. Contra will be one of them the collectors editions.

That said who the **** wants American hero? Not worth $5 let alone $34.99.

Did they seriously pay the guys from mega64 to do acting for their e3 conference. No wonder why they can't get anything Shipped out. Most of the money went to mega64

Mostly the same spread of LRG nonsense: Shantae/River City Girls milking; $2 Steam garbage that never should be made into a cart; recycled old IPs no one cares about; stuff of interest from last year that still hasn't been released and a tiny sprinkle of things people care about.

A ton of new stuff was announced:

River City Girls 2            NSW    PS4    PS5    XBX
Undermine                     NSW    PS4
Blade Runner                NSW    PS4    
Powerslave: Exhumed   NSW    PS4        XBX
Spidersaurs                  NSW    PS4    PS5    XBX
Lunark                          NSW    PS4    PS5    XBX
Shadowrun Trilogy        NSW    PS4        XBX
Go Go Kokopolo           3DS
Go Go Kokopolo 3D     3DS
Skeletak                       NSW    PS4
Doom 64                                XBX
Bill & Ted Retro Collection        NSW    PS4    PS5
Rendering Ranger R2            NSW    PS4    PS5        SNES
Shantae                    PS4    PS5
Shantae Statue
Shantae Acrylic Game Boxes Set
A Boy and his Blob Retro Collection    NSW    PS4    PS5    XBX
Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary    NSW    PS4    
Star Wars: KOTOR 2            NSW
Garden Story                NSW
DoDonPachi Resurrection            NSW
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties        NSW    PS4    PS5    XBX
TMNT: Shredders Revenge            NSW    PS4    PS5    XBX
Blossom Tales 2                NSW
Enclave HD                NSW    PS4    PS5
Prize Fighter Heavyweight Ed            PS4    PS5
Bats                    NSW    PS4    PS5
Night Trap                        PS5
D                                    3DO    PC
Espagaluda II                NSW
Glover                                    N64
Tetris Effect Connected            NSW    PS4        XBX        
Frogun                    NSW    PS4    PS5
Death Wish Enforcers            NSW    PS4    PS5
Doom Eternal                NSW

Looking forward to playing some of these when they finally ship in 2024!

I'm getting tired of these "last" 3DS games.

There's a couple interesting titles. Interesting, not necessarily good. Some old adventure games and bad FMV games, and Xbox ports. 'PowerSlave' is good. 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II' pretty much guarantees a double-pack retail release like past Aspyr Star Wars releases.

We definitely don't need more N64 carts of 'Glover,' 

Was already planning on getting RCG2, but beyond that Glover on modern consoles is the only thing I'll pick up. And I'm unclear on whether that's what they're releasing or not (had the presentation muted while I was working on something else).

Lots of FMVs that will be 25% of the price on digital shop sales, lots of nostalgia-bait games that I don't have nostalgia for. They're leaning hard into their existing partnerships with companies like WayForward and Aspyr. I'm just not part of the niches they're targeting at this point.

That was something wasn't it.

Anyway not interested in a lot of the stuff they showed but I will probably pick up

Powerslave: Exhumed
Star Wars KOTOR2
Blossom Tales 2

Rendering Ranger R2 looked interesting. Not familiar with it. May consider it.

I will buy TMNT at a regular retailer.

I want to say that Undermine is a wonderful game but I bought it digital a long while ago and I put over 30 hours into it. No need to buy the physical release. Highly recommended if you haven't played it.

I'm down for Shadowrun Trilogy for Switch, that's neat.

The rest is boring fluff. Wonder when even the diehards get bored of this stuff?

I want some of the shmups, but strongly prefer those on PC/PS consoles, so those are a hard pass. Not much to be excited for here at least for me. Who wanted a Bill and Ted retro collection? I would have likely bought Glover if it was coming to newer systems.

I played Undermine on PC for a bit under 30 hours fully beat it. A very decent rogue-lite action game. Highly recommended and my review is here on the Steam forum.

I didn't watch... it's usually a garbage presentation. Anything good (subjective, I know) worth noting?
No matter where you buy Shredder’s Revenge — from LRG or another retailer — you’ll get a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. So there’s that!

The presentation was actually pretty clever and fun, at least if you played a bunch of cornball FMV shooters in the arcade growing up. For my money, anyway, it was easily LRG’s best showcase, although I can’t say that I walked away excited about preordering much of anything. (I’ll get Shredder’s Revenge somewhere else.) But they did show a lot of potentially interesting stuff, especially if you’re into NES/Game Boy games, FMV, or Japanese shmups.

it was a waste of time like usual. i wish they would just stop with the skits and just show the trailers. Almost no japanese games and the ones present are lame. Most of the games announced were mediocre. I was really disappointed with the wayforward output. their new game looks unimpressive and uninspired.

The only games I'm interested in are Glover (purely for nostalgia reasons) and Frogun.

No matter where you buy Shredder’s Revenge — from LRG or another retailer — you’ll get a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. So there’s that!
The presentation was actually pretty clever and fun, at least if you played a bunch of cornball FMV shooters in the arcade growing up. For my money, anyway, it was easily LRG’s best showcase, although I can’t say that I walked away excited about preordering much of anything. (I’ll get Shredder’s Revenge somewhere else.) But they did show a lot of potentially interesting stuff, especially if you’re into NES/Game Boy games, FMV, or Japanese shmups.
Free personal pizza is only through lrg. Josh updated a tweet

Ok, more people are interested in 'Glover' than I thought there would be, and it has me worried.
why? the game came out at a time where the youth then are old enough to purchase a port. nostalgia is a helluva thing. they also plan on making a glover 2 so there is reason to invest for modern players

Is there a way to see what they announced? Normally, I feel like they would have fired off an email with all this afterwards but I didn't get one. And I tried googling it, but all I can find is articles from when they announced the statue originally, like a year ago. 

EDIT* nevermind, just found it. Looks... meh... (I'm prob still gonna buy it). 

EDIT 2* Mega 64, wow... that takes me back. Easily my favorite skit by those guys

Is there a way to see what they announced? Normally, I feel like they would have fired off an email with all this afterwards but I didn't get one. And I tried googling it, but all I can find is articles from when they announced the statue originally, like a year ago.
River city girls 2
Doom Eternal
Frogun
Tetris effect connected
Glover
Espgaluda 2
D
Night trap
Bats
Prize fighter
Enclave
Blossom tales 2
Tmnt
Plumbers don't wear tie
Dodonpachi resurrection
Bill and Ted
Garden story
Star wars knight of the republic 2
Konami arcade classic
A boy and his blob
Doom 64
Rendering ranger
Skelattack
Go go kokopolo
Shdowrun trilogy
Lunark
Spideraurs
Blade runner enhanced
Power slave exhumed
Undermine
More shante

why? the game came out at a time where the youth then are old enough to purchase a port. nostalgia is a helluva thing. they also plan on making a glover 2 so there is reason to invest for modern players
Because it's not a good game. And I was one of those youth. I bought the game for $10 at a KB Toys, because it was rare to get an N64 game new for so cheap, and immediately was frustrated by its controls and level design. But then again, given what some people buy through LRG, and what was just announced along side 'Glover,' you're right, it shouldn't surprise me.

Because it's not a good game. And I was one of those youth. I bought the game for $10 at a KB Toys, because it was rare to get an N64 game new for so cheap, and immediately was frustrated by its controls and level design. But then again, given what some people buy through LRG, and what was just announced along side 'Glover,' you're right, it shouldn't surprise me.
yeah, it isn't a good game. i recognize that. but i played it as a kid so imma buy it lol. I liked it as a kid but as an adult i understand it is bad

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1533959570879664129?s=20&t=m6FBdZK4tsft0LAexyykpA
That reminds me of back in the forum days when they were trying to guilt people into buying Ray Gigant so they could get more Japanese games.

Back in those days I was a lot more sympathetic because they were actually a small business. Not so much when Josh's LinkedIn page boasts $170M in revenue. Kinda feels like they can afford to negotiate or pay someone to negotiate for those licenses.

Regarding that pizza hut deal... If Doug had put that same amount of work and time into getting better games and maybe some japanese games, perhaps they would've had a better showing. imagine putting out 300 cold call emails for a pizza coupon deal when those could've been effort for a cuphead release or something big like that

Be a good little boy and eat your vegetables buy our classic titles interns best efforts latest cash grab from the acclaimed publisher publisher sold to Acclaim, Ljn, who made Friday the 13th Jaws Karate Kid basically made every poop NES game that your favorite screaming YouTuber reviewed in the 2000s is one of the last group of people to return our calls.

If you buy it, then we promise to sell you something you actually want someday some year ... what? I can't hear you over these stacks of money.

bread's done
Back