Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Bwa ha ha…. Bwa ha ha this PR misfire made me hate LRG even more. I bet they see a massive slide in their sales and are now fanning out to message boards, curating social media posts etc. in an attempt to fix their sales numbers decline. Problem is you can’t keep burning your customers with year plus ship times. They aren’t going to stay loyal customers!
Instead of actually fixing problems and letting good PR come out naturally, they thought their best move was to create a new user ID and praise themselves,

To me it stinks of there’s no way of fixing this dumpster fire.

I mean there probably is a way to fix it, but it would probably entail getting rid of current management.

It wouldnt surprise me if that post was from IATCG and not Josh or Doug, since he gets off on trolling these boards, but its a pretty worthless post either way.

What really needs to happen is publishers need to stop working with LRG. That's the only way they're going to get the message. A (relative) handful of people not ordering from LRG because of wait times doesn't matter to them. Once this starts reflecting poorly on publishers, then something might change. Until, the waits continue.

I don't actually care if LRG sinks or swims.  They aren't the good ole boys down the road that are scraping by trying to make it as our friends in the game publishing industry.  They are another publisher that is pushing a lot of volume (through a boat load of sku's) to keep the machine rolling.

I'd still do business with them under the absolute most stringent rare alignment of circumstances... because I know I'll get the game eventually.  But, thankfully the last couple years if there was anything I wanted it ended up at retail anyway (or was so cheap digitally that it made more sense to go that route).

That Rumble Fish 2 release is a little strange.  There is no collector's edition for the PS5 version, I guess because there is only a collector's edition for PS4 and Switch in Japan, no Japanese physical PS5 version at all.  These collector's editions include the same stuff as the Japanese versions.  You have to buy the collector's edition to get a DLC code for Rumble Fish 1.  I also heard that is the only way to get Rumble Fish 1, it won't be available for purchase separately digitally.  So, if you want the PS5 version you can't get Rumble Fish 1 because there is no collector's edition.  I also have no idea why both games can't be on one disc/cart.  The Japanese versions are a lot cheaper, and these are basically just repackaged Japanese versions for the West.

That Rumble Fish 2 release is a little strange. There is no collector's edition for the PS5 version, I guess because there is only a collector's edition for PS4 and Switch in Japan, no Japanese physical PS5 version at all. These collector's editions include the same stuff as the Japanese versions. You have to buy the collector's edition to get a DLC code for Rumble Fish 1. I also heard that is the only way to get Rumble Fish 1, it won't be available for purchase separately digitally. So, if you want the PS5 version you can't get Rumble Fish 1 because there is no collector's edition. I also have no idea why both games can't be on one disc/cart. The Japanese versions are a lot cheaper, and these are basically just repackaged Japanese versions for the West.
What's really weird to me is the three "DLC Characters". These characters are in the arcade version of this game, and have been in the game since day 1. I have played the game; they are totally in there. But now they are somehow DLC characters? Nobody seems to talk about this, maybe because the game is a bit obscure, but this company has literally carved out content from a game almost 20 years old in order to sell it back to you for more money as DLC.

And no, I don't blame LRG for this. Say what you want about them, but they would totally include this fake DLC and even Rumble Fish 1 if it were up to them. But it isn't. This is a "distributed title", which I assume means the company who made it said "This is what we're going to release, take it or leave it". And LRG agreed with the terms.

But it does make me wonder if they have any clout at all. Aren't they the biggest publisher, by far, of these physical special releases? At this point they should be able to say "No, your product is crap. Do it the right way, or go somewhere else." Is it the love of money? Or the lack of balls? You decide.

On the note of Kemco, I finally got around to playing one of their games - Dragon Sinker. I've been seeing people dunk on them for years and years for their generic RPGs and decided I should try one out for myself. It was... Not good. There were definitely some good ideas, but the execution was so generic and uninspired that the whole experience fell flat. Maybe I'll give another chance to something they published by Rideon or Hit-Point, but I think I'm good as far as their EXE-CREATE games go.

Is it the love of money? Or the lack of balls? You decide.
why-not-both-300x187.jpg

On the note of Kemco, I finally got around to playing one of their games - Dragon Sinker. I've been seeing people dunk on them for years and years for their generic RPGs and decided I should try one out for myself. It was... Not good. There were definitely some good ideas, but the execution was so generic and uninspired that the whole experience fell flat. Maybe I'll give another chance to something they published by Rideon or Hit-Point, but I think I'm good as far as their EXE-CREATE games go.
I am waiting for a good Steam sale on them and will also sample them out of curiosity.

What's really weird to me is the three "DLC Characters". These characters are in the arcade version of this game, and have been in the game since day 1. I have played the game; they are totally in there. But now they are somehow DLC characters? Nobody seems to talk about this, maybe because the game is a bit obscure, but this company has literally carved out content from a game almost 20 years old in order to sell it back to you for more money as DLC.

And no, I don't blame LRG for this. Say what you want about them, but they would totally include this fake DLC and even Rumble Fish 1 if it were up to them. But it isn't. This is a "distributed title", which I assume means the company who made it said "This is what we're going to release, take it or leave it". And LRG agreed with the terms.

But it does make me wonder if they have any clout at all. Aren't they the biggest publisher, by far, of these physical special releases? At this point they should be able to say "No, your product is crap. Do it the right way, or go somewhere else." Is it the love of money? Or the lack of balls? You decide.
Probably just doing that to make it sound like you are getting more special stuff. I think the 3 DLC characters are just like Rumble Fish 1, you have to buy the collector's edition to get them. I am not sure if they will be sold separately. If anyone is wondering why those 3 characters are being used for DLC, they were secret characters. To play those 3 characters at the arcade the machine owner had to input a password in the bios to unlock them, then one character needed another password input at the character select screen.

would you believe me if i said that a guy has been angry about me vocally being unhappy with lrg for a year now

https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1580244822241456128

All because i replied to a thread where someone else said LRG had good quality stuff compared to FG/8bit and I got dumbfounded by it, then this goku dude came out of nowhere to scream at me despite me blocking him a year ago.

https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1580047059394383872

Why do limprint whales do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
While the long pre-order windows suck in the sense it will take even longer to get your game, it's nice the stars have aligned this time and there are multiple games I want to order.  I'm looking forward to ordering Full Throttle, River City Girls 2, and Radiant Silvergun.  I know that by ordering 3 games in one order I won't get them until 2026 but atleast I save a few dollars on shipping!

Physical release of Radiant Silvergun on Switch - YES!
Physical release of Radiant Silvergun on Switch only at LRG - fuck!
You do understand that if it wasn't for LRG then this, along with many other games, wouldn't have gotten a physical release period, right? Even the companies that LRG tries to work with can't even distribute the titles right. BBY still doesn't have official pre-order release dates on their sites for many titles months later. They're basically listing titles that aren't guaranteed to even be carried by them and some of the titles on their site haven't even been officially confirmed on both sides to be sent to them. Trust me, there's a reason why LRG doesn't even bother confirming titles being sold at BBY anymore, and it's not because LRG wants more direct sales over BBY. GS is not any better. LRG tried a small partnership with them a few years ago and most people don't even remember it because of their horrible marketing. Remember Nurse Love Obsession on the Switch being distributed at GS? No? That's because they ordered a whopping one copy per store, didn't market it all, opened every single copy so that no collectors would even buy it. With distribution friends like these who needs enemies?

would you believe me if i said that a guy has been angry about me vocally being unhappy with lrg for a year now

Why do limprint whales do this?
Dude, you've been badmouthing LRG nonstop for months now on Twitter, your blog, and these forums here. You even made it personal and started bashing Doug. LRG is the biggest publisher in the collecting community right now, period. Don't think that the collecting community will just read your hateful Tweets and blog posts and not respond. I don't know where your vitriol about LRG came from but your vicious posts are pushing it way too far.

Dude, you've been badmouthing LRG nonstop for months now on Twitter, your blog, and these forums here. You even made it personal and started bashing Doug. LRG is the biggest publisher in the collecting community right now, period. Don't think that the collecting community will just read your hateful Tweets and blog posts and not respond. I don't know where your vitriol about LRG came from but your vicious posts are pushing it way too far.
Yeah, but you're a psychopath.

Sup Doug. Lol.

You seriously need to give it up. It's really sad at this point. Your last reply about RS does absolutely nothing to hide the fact that you are one of the LRG knuckleheads.

You do understand that if it wasn't for LRG then this, along with many other games, wouldn't have gotten a physical release period, right? Even the companies that LRG tries to work with can't even distribute the titles right. BBY still doesn't have official pre-order release dates on their sites for many titles months later. They're basically listing titles that aren't guaranteed to even be carried by them and some of the titles on their site haven't even been officially confirmed on both sides to be sent to them. Trust me, there's a reason why LRG doesn't even bother confirming titles being sold at BBY anymore, and it's not because LRG wants more direct sales over BBY. GS is not any better. LRG tried a small partnership with them a few years ago and most people don't even remember it because of their horrible marketing. Remember Nurse Love Obsession on the Switch being distributed at GS? No? That's because they ordered a whopping one copy per store, didn't market it all, opened every single copy so that no collectors would even buy it. With distribution friends like these who needs enemies?
I do understand, especially since there have been niche publishers for decades. LRG may have led a resurgence, but there are plenty of avenues out there.

And you think Best Buy is the one botching those releases? Best Buy doesn't have preorder dates on those games most likely because they have no idea when they'll receive them from LRG, just like the rest of us. LRG doesn't confirm anything because their supply chain is a mess, and pretty much always has been. Besides, the vast majority of games released by LRG get released in other regions by other companies. Arguably, the Asian releases of games LRG releases are much better AND they have release dates.

fuck knows when 'River City Girls 2' will be shipped by LRG, when my single copy of RCG 1 & 2 ordered through Play Asia still has and has always had a first week of December ship date (December 1 to be precise).

Small publishers aren't anything new - smaller players like Sodesco, XSEED, and Gaijinworks (off the top of my head) have been around far longer than LRG and probably have many smaller print runs. There are plenty more, and probably better, examples too.

Limited prints also aren't anything new. There are plenty of individually-numbered games and CEs that predate LRG.

The only thing that LRG has really "pioneered" is using FOMO as a marketing tactic at scale, and I wouldn't say that's a positive. Not just because of LRG, but as a whole the limited print industry is kinda shitty these days.

Though I guess it is nice that they were able to preserve some niche indie games like Star Wars and Castlevania.

Personal for "bashing doug?" For Bashing Doug? Dude, ok, it's not easy to set me off so much, but this post outright does it because you're A: clearly ignorant of my circumstances with LRG or B: you are aware and are a whale shilling for them, and I dunno which would be sadder.

Let's just break your reply down. You reply to two tweets I highlighted (That i wish I could embed but alas, I'm a noob on how to do that here), both of which regard some angry guy who has done nothing but scream about me and other LRG detractors for the past few months on twitter, sometimes unprompted where I or someone else didnt even ping him. Hell, one tweet he made about me was just out of the blue and I had no idea about it since I blocked him a year ago for, wait for it... Telling him off for saying "I should be happy to get a refund for shiren, they got you everything they could" when they bait and switched me on the physical game disc i still don't have.

In fact, the dude went ahead and did the same darn thing again today after I got angry at him for finding out he's been venting about me for months on end and jumping in threads to trash me and MRIXIT for being vocal against LRG.

https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1580253025360224256

Me being vocal, for very understandable reasons I might add, since in my case, I just want their god damn QC to improve for the sake of everyone else here and elsewhere who still buys from them. I shouldn't have to worry about my Valis 1 CE (the lone pending item I have from LRG, bundled with the Valis Vinyl) being in poor build quality, but that's the reality now that they've cut corners for a year+ now.

Sure, it's outright sueworthy (And I was inches from calling my lawyer to discuss small claims court as a possibility before the low order numbers were told to me, where it wouldn't have been practical) and they went from 0-100 on turning their backs on me and getting very hostile at me, despite me being in their discord for years, talking a lot with Doug and other LRG folk, and generally being pretty chill once I opened my Shiren PC box and found out that they literally did the bare minimum and tried to get by with it, even after I previously noted my hype for that CE in their server along with other cool stuff they did like Mummy Demastered. (which for the record, is one of my favorite LRG gets ever, and I think was their final quality product before i got off the train) They knew since April that the code was gonna replace the game disc, and didn't tell a soul until after customers got it.

I'll never stop repeating how upset it made me, or reminding folks because this right here was the big revelation to me and made me rethink the thousands I spent in a 5 year span from them, and cease buying outside of what I felt were "required" (AKA, stuff i couldn't just import or had a huge FOMO fear of). In fact, if you read my articles like you imply you have, you'd already know this, so why bother pointing out that i've been "badmouthing LRG" yet act like you don't now why? Especially when the TLDR of it is that I just want their QC to improve so what happened to me doesn't keep happening to other collectors. But it keeps doing so and the BMZ3 CE was my final straw and made me cancel all but the Valis order and boycott the company. That shouldn't be seen as "vicious", that should be seen as holding a company accountable to listening to feedback and doing what others want them to do. The limprint subreddits and several other forums have had it with LRG due to all the delays and low communication, and that still continues here, so if you don't like it... Well, tell them to improve their QC and communication. Then again we have, and even I did directly in the discord for a long while, and they never did, so...

Also, why bring up doug? The tweets I made weren't even about him: Goku jumped in because I kneejerked reacted and got mad at someone who implied Fangamer/8Bit were lower quality than LRG, which led me to rolling my eyes, blocking em and thinking of them as yet another limprint whale shilling for LRG and ignoring they too have their own problems they refuse to address. Then Goku called me the following over the past few months:

-Triggered

-"Get Over it" (because I referred my article to a notable repairman in the industry who was having LRG issues and shocker, doug blocked him too, which I'd find funny and move on normally but figured I'd help with his vid with my citation)

-"Always Angry" (Referring to, I guess the Dispatch Games stuff I brought up? Which uh, if you knew about that company, no shit I'd be irritated seeing them repeat their shit) https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1565785632265347076

-"Huge Baby" https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1579951696704573441

-Pointing out I live with my grandma because...? https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1557909441726464000

So why bring doug up, he's not the subject of what I posted about, he was only the subject a few months ago, when he fucking stalked my twitter and slid into my dms because I kept calling out his QC and pointing out the dire sales numbers on their recent releases. Since then we both blocked each other and I hadn't even thought of him until today since I had no reason to. Are you implying Goku's Doug? Because boy, if Doug had the audacity to call me all this because I critiqued a company I spent thousands of dollars on, that's quite awful behavior for a CEO!

also,

"LRG is the biggest publisher in the collecting community right now, period"
Really? Their TMNT/Scott Pilgrim delay fest would indicate otherwise, especially with people getting pissed at CEs coming in damaged, QC slipping, cheaper components, higher prices, FOMO exploiting, and knowing their games are failing to hit MOQ due to a very easy to observe javascript command during their preorder windows (that they've been alerted to for years and never fixed because a member on their discord uses it for a spreadsheet to track game sales and they're cool with that i guess), and I could go on and on. Of the limprints, I'd say none of them are doing hot RN since even the backups I had faith in like SLG and Special Reserve are slipping and messing up a ton too! If we wanna get real technical I'd say that SRG is outright criminal since they refuse to cancel any orders and changed their TOS solely to block people from cancelling games that are getting a retail print before the SRG print ships, and are ignoring refund requests. Least LRG has a good refund policy now. At this rate I see the whole limprint game market crashing by the end of 2024 if nobody gets their act together, save for those who do things to retail like Redart/VGNYSoft or through outlets like VideoGamesPlus.

And I dunno what to tell you, but in regards to my frustrations with LRG, most people reacted positively? Hell, some want me to do more articles despite me not wanting to shift toward being a drama/news outlet: I'm a reviewer/blogger that covers indies and niche stuff I'm into like PMD, so I only made those articles out of necessity. The only folks that have had complaints are the whales on Twitter mad my articles made their sales go down or people who rightfully pointed out that other limprints aren't perfect either, which made me re-evaluate my positive experiences with SLG especially after recent actions from them.

So yeah. I dunno what your deal is but getting mad at me for daring to say "Limited Run's Quality control sucks and their fans are weird and rage at me a year after I got really angry at them" is on you, since if anything, I'd just personally wait for their games to get in-hand and buy off VGP before picking them up at this rate. I don't think we'll have any Pirate Curse situations ever again, tbh...

Also fuck it, because I'm irked and since you've done nothing but shill for LRG since getting here I'm gonna reply to your other posts too

Nooooooobody buys that excuse. Nobody. Best Buy is seldom buying from LRG these days because they have little interest in general due to downsizing their VG sections. If they list a game for sale on their site., it's pretty much a sign they placed an order. LRG probably doesn't even list BB games anymore because they flat out know that BB's picky on what they buy so it's something that they might as well not count on anymore.

I would play it safe and order from LRG instead of risking it from another store. Sometimes BBY posts inventory that hasn't actually been confirmed yet. I am not sure why they listed it but some people are going to be very disappointed when the games they preordered months ago which still have no release date on their site never ship out and get cancelled and then they're forced to pay inflated prices on eBay.
That's Playasia you're thinking of, not BBY. PA listed stuff like a CV Advance Collection and Saga Frontier 2 HD that never happened, but BBY games have all shipped once listed on the site even if they get next to nothing . You're FOMOing especially since recent LRG games aren't really pricey on eBay anymore outside of a few CEs. Plus even then, VGP and partner stores have em in now so... just buy there. Or do what I do now and buy digital. If there was one thing LRG's actions have done, it was to make me sell 60+ of their games, keep my favs and just buy more digital stuff on my steam deck.

I'm very happy with LRG and have no issues with the products or service or even the wait times, which are clearly communicated on the website when ordering. I disagree with people who say that LRG is publishing shovelware or has too many titles at once. It's really just more variety for different tastes which is a good thing. I also think the special editions are high quality and no one is being forced to order those when the regular editions are also available at a lower price. Josh and Doug also communicate openly with the game collecting community and are courageous considering the nonstop abuse they have received from a few very vocal trolls who aren't even real customers. Does LRG have the occasional rare problem? Yes, but they always go above and beyond to fix it. Any problems can easily be solved by just opening a ticket, but some people would rather just bring others down and complain than do that. Anyway I'm just a fan who decided to post here because I've been going through the pages here and disagree completely with the criticism here and encourage anyone who is interested in game collecting not to be afraid to order from them. I would also recommend following their Twitter for new announcements and updates. Just my 2 cents.
Aaaaaand that's how I know you're trolling or are affiliated with them, or that weird Expensive Onion guy on Reddit who ranted about this forum many months ago. Their wait times are NOT communicated on the website since nowadays all of the actual waits exceed the estimates, and their progress page silently changes with no auto-email like there should be. Josh and Doug DEFINITELY do NOT communicate with the community since both of them throw a hissy fit if critiqued, especially the latter, and refuse to implement things that have been suggested 1000000x times, like BETTER QUALITY CONTROL. And "nonstop abuse they received from a few vocal trolls?"

Dude, I SHILLED and WHALED for LRG for FIVE. YEARS. FIVE YEARS. 2016-2021. Until they bait and switched me and then showed their true colors and continued to let QC slip afterward. When the company CEO told me to erase critical tweets on them instead of fucking giving me a PC game disc, it was OVER for them in my eyes. I spent thousands, and they immediately threw me aside the moment I got pissed. And learning from ex-employees/a press friend of mine that they do that sort of shit in the office too? Yeah, uh, no thanks, I hope they gold parachute ASAP so we can maybe get some competent people in charge of LRG.

And opening tickets? You do realize with under 100 staff, these people get THOUSANDS of tickets, EVERY DAY, from people angry and uncertain where the hell their shit is, and as one who works CS for my full time job with only like 2-3 tickets a week, I couldn't imagine being drowned in all that every day. It's not worth sending a ticket in unless you absolutely need to and it's not CS's fault at all it's like that: it's the heads for not avoiding the messups to begin with, and in Doug's disaster of an AMA he even boasted he reorganized all of CS to prevent a shiren ordeal, yet I dunno, me thinks it's him that's the problem, for the CS lady who helped me with Shiren was nice and wasn't the one who told me to delete tweets or that I couldn't get a game disc I paid for. Wouldn't be surprised if those poor CS folk are even facing crunch.

Also lol at "don't be afraid to follow their twitter" when their main corp twitter has me blocked along with the support email because I caught them in the act hiding tweets asking where the Scott Pilgrim vinyl went and asked about it: I'd figured they'd block me for you know, all my rage, but no, asking where ___ was did it for me. Their updates are shared here, we're fine, thank you

Still waiting on my LE copy of mushihimesama. I'm guessing the holdup is the stupid little "mini arcade?" cutout thing that is still in production? 

Pretty sure I know a few people here who got the regular editions shipped to em already. 

Still waiting on my LE copy of mushihimesama. I'm guessing the holdup is the stupid little "mini arcade?" cutout thing that is still in production?
Pretty sure I know a few people here who got the regular editions shipped to em already.
I think the mini arcades were separate from the CE? If you mean that holder with a single joycon that is.

On the note of Kemco, I finally got around to playing one of their games - Dragon STINKER.
Fixed and seeing your comment made me think about this joke from years ago and laugh. I couldn’t agree with you more Tothoro; which is actually playing on my PS5 now! (Totoro, not any Kemco game to clarify)

I think I ended like ~6 LRG vita titles away from their full set but am focusing on other vita games since we will never get the vita set reward. I think their plan was to have 1 title they didn’t release to officially be the last distributer for vita ( for claim or clout alone) and/or hope most of us are gone by the time it does release. I would say play and sell off what you can of LRG but that also might be since I’ve been updating my collecting strategies and expectations too.

There is taking video games seriously and then whatever the hell this thread has become.
LRG started out as a kind of exciting grassroots concept. The little mediocre indie game developer run by a guy who mainly made his living as a teacher... that is about to go under teams up with a friend to have one last push to survive in the industry by shifting to physical production of games for a system that also was abandoned way too early. It was a great concept and it pulled on a lot of folks heart strings that at the time were collecting for Vita.

Those of us that burned out early (for me it was just getting stalked by Josh because I asked if it was possible to maybe look into other shipping materials)... the fall wasn't too bad other than the few nutjob fanatics that worshiped at the feet of LRG. For those like seafoam that were pretty into them and even shilled for them... the fall half a decade later is like finding out your spouse has not only been cheating but has another family on the side and yet they still don't understand why you aren't supporting them with kind words and positive attention. It's a kick in the face.

But the default here is pretty much every single old cag that was here day one... before this thread was made even... has burned out. It's a safe place to express frustration for your purchases as well as talk about games. Because as much as LRG sucks... we are mostly still gamers that prefer physical. Some have been so burned they have abandoned physical games for some (or all) systems. But those of us still hanging out week after week still enjoy physical games which unfortunately means on occasion possibly having to deal with LRG.

LRG started out as a kind of exciting grassroots concept. The little mediocre indie game developer run by a guy who mainly made his living as a teacher... that is about to go under teams up with a friend to have one last push to survive in the industry by shifting to physical production of games for a system that also was abandoned way too early. It was a great concept and it pulled on a lot of folks heart strings that at the time were collecting for Vita.

Those of us that burned out early (for me it was just getting stalked by Josh because I asked if it was possible to maybe look into other shipping materials)... the fall wasn't too bad other than the few nutjob fanatics that worshiped at the feet of LRG. For those like seafoam that were pretty into them and even shilled for them... the fall half a decade later is like finding out your spouse has not only been cheating but has another family on the side and yet they still don't understand why you aren't supporting them with kind words and positive attention. It's a kick in the face.

But the default here is pretty much every single old cag that was here day one... before this thread was made even... has burned out. It's a safe place to express frustration for your purchases as well as talk about games. Because as much as LRG sucks... we are mostly still gamers that prefer physical. Some have been so burned they have abandoned physical games for some (or all) systems. But those of us still hanging out week after week still enjoy physical games which unfortunately means on occasion possibly having to deal with LRG.
^^ This.

lrg USED to be good. I remember a time when you used to buy the game and you would get it within a couple of months.

Now you are LUCKY if you get it within 12months from preorder.

I think at one point LRG took on too much, too quickly, and now they are over their heads with trying to catch up. It feels like in order to keep the machine running they have to keep cranking preorders to pay for the old preorders. Doug or whomever messed up badly and are trying to keep the whole thing afloat. This is NOT SUSTAINABLE.

Im hoping now that LRG got bought out, that these issues will be fixed. But im not holding my breathe. I still buy shit from them from time to time but if it wasnt for their NA exclusive, I would have bought from another distributor and never look back

Fixed and seeing your comment made me think about this joke from years ago and laugh. I couldn’t agree with you more Tothoro; which is actually playing on my PS5 now! (Totoro, not any Kemco game to clarify)

I think I ended like ~6 LRG vita titles away from their full set but am focusing on other vita games since we will never get the vita set reward. I think their plan was to have 1 title they didn’t release to officially be the last distributer for vita ( for claim or clout alone) and/or hope most of us are gone by the time it does release. I would say play and sell off what you can of LRG but that also might be since I’ve been updating my collecting strategies and expectations too.
This is the biggest thing that gets under my skin with LRG, the full set bonus of Revenge of the Bird King. They made it, it's sitting in their warehouse somewhere, and they even shipped out a few copies in blind boxes. There's been completed sales for it on eBay. First the excuse was that they need to ship out the CE Vita Meat Boy copies. That has come and gone for months now. Not one word has been communicated.

The other annoying thing about it, is that it's basically textbook promissory estoppel. They flaunted it for literally years that if you bought every one of their titles, even if you had to get them second hand, they'd reward with a special compete set title. It doesn't get more basic than that. They made a promise, plenty relied on it, and now they're just gonna run out the clock and ignore it seemingly because they don't want to figure out a program for fulfillment on it.

Im hoping now that LRG got bought out, that these issues will be fixed. But im not holding my breathe. I still buy shit from them from time to time but if it wasnt for their NA exclusive, I would have bought from another distributor and never look back
Yeah, better to give up whatever hope you have for change. It's the same guys running the show with the overlords mainly being concerned with profits.

+1 to nightc1's comment. Sans the staff harassment, it's pretty much my case too. I remember getting a game within a week of ordering in 2017/2018 (it was Wonder Boy, the first time they sold it) and it was great. They weren't always the best with forecasting sales and that led to some quick sell-outs, but as a whole I liked the company. 2019 is when their sales outpaced their delivery, and it's only worsened since.

This is the biggest thing that gets under my skin with LRG, the full set bonus of Revenge of the Bird King. They made it, it's sitting in their warehouse somewhere, and they even shipped out a few copies in blind boxes. There's been completed sales for it on eBay. First the excuse was that they need to ship out the CE Vita Meat Boy copies. That has come and gone for months now. Not one word has been communicated.
They're still shipping out Vita Meat Boy CEs because they don't ship until everything in an order's ready and there were other things for sale at the same time as the CE that could've been bundled.

That said - my hopes still aren't high. For the game or for the company.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1580604378183917574?s=20&t=QhxbAtccv_85vFTLgBhnaA[/size]
Damn. I know Gunbrick only sold under 1K but distro in general must be doing poor if this is not even getting on the LRG site… then again, maybe retail is a good thing since getting stuff like aqua kitty is stress free that way

Seafoamgaming, one of your problems is that you spread misinformation. BBY has plenty of LRG releases posted on their site right now for months now still without release dates because the orders have not been officially confirmed yet. You will bash LRG for "long wait times" yet those BBY preorders are going on months now without an official release date while LRG gives actual time frames about when they will ship and when they are delayed will update the pages. If BBY is ordering less LRG because of "downsizing" as you say then why do they have multiple pages of LRG games listed for several months now, all put up this year? LRG is not going to announce that BBY might get the games if BBY is not reliable enough to even communicate with their partners properly or give ship dates for pre-orders which aren't even officially confirmed yet. At least when you order from LRG you are confirmed to get what you ordered.

Not to mention, you don't understand what "stalking" is. Someone reading your publicly visible Twitter page and sending you a DM so they can be professional instead of arguing publicly in front of others is not "stalking". You are the one who brought this up publicly instead of talking about it privately in DMs. You have months of hateful blog posts, Tweets, and forum posts publicly bashing a reliable company and people like Goku and many others have had enough. Someone defending a company, and two industry legends, is not "shilling". It's defending them from vicious and hurtful people online who, for whatever reason, take their hatred out on a company that constantly sells out of games and has thousands of loyal fans and has done business with the biggest names in gaming. If you don't like them, fine. Just leave them alone. There's a reason why you were blocked.

Industry legends LOL.

I should stop reading this but it's this bizarre mix of daytime soap opera and crazy homeless guy yelling about the radio in his teeth.

^^ This.

lrg USED to be good. I remember a time when you used to buy the game and you would get it within a couple of months.

Now you are LUCKY if you get it within 12months from preorder.

I think at one point LRG took on too much, too quickly, and now they are over their heads with trying to catch up. It feels like in order to keep the machine running they have to keep cranking preorders to pay for the old preorders. Doug or whomever messed up badly and are trying to keep the whole thing afloat. This is NOT SUSTAINABLE.

Bolded above to comment. That is the definition of an MLM and possibly highly illegal.

I remember when LRG started. I was so close to buying breach and clear as I was heavily invested into the Vita at that time. Something made me skip on it as I was afraid of opening the door of yet another collection (I have a case of being a completionist). Years later it wreaks of being an MLM scam as you mentioned indirectly above, and I stayed far away. Occasionally I pop in the thread to see if anything has ever changed and the hole seems to get deeper and deeper.

Bolded above to comment. That is the definition of an MLM and possibly highly illegal.

I remember when LRG started. I was so close to buying breach and clear as I was heavily invested into the Vita at that time. Something made me skip on it as I was afraid of opening the door of yet another collection (I have a case of being a completionist). Years later it wreaks of being an MLM scam as you mentioned indirectly above, and I stayed far away. Occasionally I pop in the thread to see if anything has ever changed and the hole seems to get deeper and deeper.
You're thinking of a Ponzi scheme, not a MLM (pyramid scheme).

Ponzi schemes use funds from new investors (customers) to pay earlier investors (fulfill earlier orders). MLM/Pyramid schemes recruit people via promise of reward for in turn recruiting new people. I guess their distribution partners are one level down in a hypothetical pyramid, but those partners aren't being rewarded for recruit additional distribution partners; they're just another way for LRG to offload extra copies.

I've long theorized that the long leadtimes put strain on LRG's cashflow (i.e. unintentionally creating a Ponzi scheme), and I only imagine that's being compounded by taking payments upfront and insane inflation rates. But I've also thought they were going to implode before now, and I have a hard time believing Embracer would buy them out if their finances were in such dire straits. I'm guessing the margins from the mostly-paper-product CEs are a big component of what's helping keep them afloat, but unless they start publishing their financials (unlikely) it's all just inference. With recession upon us, anyone's guess how the next few years go.

My Meat Boy order from 7/30/21 still has not shipped yet. Due to the fact that I ordered a bundle the LRG site doesn't break it down and tell me which item is not ready yet.

bread's done
Back