Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Bojay is clearly not Josh (he has been critical of LRG at times), just like Pokechaos is very clearly IATCG.
Yeah calling everyone remotely defensive of LRG the CEOs is incredibly tiresome and redundant and accomplishes nothing. Nothing wrong with what bojay posted. Who TF is IATCG though?

Doesn't "Blister Box Packaging" kind of suggest that the game's being sold to folks with not intention of opening or playing it, or is that just me?

The TMNT releases are super color saturated releases, but I guess that is the art style.  Loved it as a kid, though.

Doesn't "Blister Box Packaging" kind of suggest that the game's being sold to folks with not intention of opening or playing it, or is that just me?
Pretty much.

And anyone that bought the PS4 version, this the exact same version of the game (looked that up). So no real benefit to buying it outside of those that only collect ps5 games.

I Am The Cheapest Gamer
Infamous troll
Ah, so someone from this site’s lore before my time, lol. I originally suspected that person might have been the goku guy who’s continually tweeting at me even now trying to harass me, but i guess not. Oh well. Would be nice if the LRG guys told people like goku to knock it off and quit jumping down the throats of anyone remotely critical.

Pretty much.

And anyone that bought the PS4 version, this the exact same version of the game (looked that up). So no real benefit to buying it outside of those that only collect ps5 games.
IIRC I think that the blister set has a opening on the back for you to sneak out the game without damaging the box, if it is like the Star Wars ones. But yeah if PS4 gives you a free digital PS5 upgrade… just get the damn PS4 version lol: you get two trophy lists that way too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my question answered and I'm very happy that's all I want out of me spending stupid amount of money I just want updates.

I will say I'm curious about the 3DS and PS3 question now. I like the reprint of older games and I'm pushing for more as you can see I'd like to see more N64 game boy I'd buy in a heartbeat like mole mania

Retro Cart or the Switch remake? Switch remake doesn't feel like too terribly long ago, but I think those NES/GB ones were back in Feb...
Well it's a strange situation. I received a shipping and tracking email from LRG but A boy and his blob is still labeled as 'in warehouse' on the lrg website. My tracking link doesn't work either. wonder what's up @doug

Well it's a strange situation. I received a shipping and tracking email from LRG but A boy and his blob is still labeled as 'in warehouse' on the lrg website. My tracking link doesn't work either. wonder what's up @doug
Same thing happens with my DHL notifications regarding dead links. I just copy and paste the tracking number then go to the DHL website and it comes up. Typically takes about a week before any kind of movement happens with the package. Then another couple of days once USPS has it.

I dream of receiving a tracking number that doesn't work.

It's far more than I have now.

One day..... one... day!

IIRC I think that the blister set has a opening on the back for you to sneak out the game without damaging the box, if it is like the Star Wars ones. But yeah if PS4 gives you a free digital PS5 upgrade… just get the damn PS4 version lol: you get two trophy lists that way too.
What I read from the dev was that the content is exactly the same between both ps4 and 5 versions (even playing the PS4 version on a PS5). There's no enhancements in loading time or anything with the native ps5 version. The selling feature here is just the PS5 box art. The trophy list should be the same but it likely will be a PS5 specific list (though I'd want that verified if I cared anything about trophies as it's not been stated).

Because the game is identical (their word, not mine), they aren't providing a free PS5 upgrade to anyone that bought the ps4 version.

But this is one game where you really don't need it if you have the PS4 release.

Hey Doug (if you're still checking this site), I've been trying to order The Falconeer (PS5 version) on Amazon for the better part of the last month and each time it kicks it out of my cart despite looking like it is in stock.  Do you know what is going on with that listing?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1590057308582993920?s=20&t=-OPK33e6QrnrYii0AoSz1w
That alternate cover art is really nice :hot: :hot: :hot: . I bought this game digital for like $4 so I'm not going to be purchasing this physical release.

Kind of annoyed they just didn't release Castlevania Advance Collection instead of this one. I'm sure that one is in the pipeline.

Konami needs to release a remastered Gradius collection again. I have it on my Vita and PSPGO but we need a new version for the big screen. Add Gradius V and Gradius Rebirth to it too or they could release a Rebirth Collection with Gradius Rebirth, Contra Rebirth and Castlevania Adventure Rebirth from Wiiware. :pray:

Kinda absurd that they’re stuffing these arcade replicas in every CE when the first one from last year hasn’t shipped yet… pretty disappointing CE with predictable items and after how the BMZ tank was I don’t trust the Vic to be made any better. Maybe I’ll nab at best buy if they get it for ps4.

Kinda absurd that they’re stuffing these arcade replicas in every CE when the first one from last year hasn’t shipped yet… pretty disappointing CE with predictable items and after how the BMZ tank was I don’t trust the Vic to be made any better. Maybe I’ll nab at best buy if they get it for ps4.
Its also kind of absurd that they have a bunch of merch lined up for this release. Tee-Shirt $25, Poster $50 and Skate Deck $75. I don't understand why people buy this stuff. I would have maybe considered the poster because I really like the artwork but not for $50.

Its also kind of absurd that they have a bunch of merch lined up for this release. Tee-Shirt $25, Poster $50 and Skate Deck $75. I don't understand why people buy this stuff. I would have maybe considered the poster because I really like the artwork but not for $50.
It's surely a non issue to LRG... they order to manufacture what sells and they probably have very low minimums.

I'm not the target market for any of that stuff, but I can kind of understand the mentality of liking one of these things and maybe buying it knowing it's going to be incredibly rare and none of your friends are likely going to ever see it outside of your place.

I had that partially in mind when I bought my 1964 Jim Beam "Jeannie" Decanter.

It's surely a non issue to LRG... they order to manufacture what sells and they probably have very low minimums.

I'm not the target market for any of that stuff, but I can kind of understand the mentality of liking one of these things and maybe buying it knowing it's going to be incredibly rare and none of your friends are likely going to ever see it outside of your place.

I had that partially in mind when I bought my 1964 Jim Beam "Jeannie" Decanter.
It's the fact we know these boxes sit sealed, so people do not even enjoy the tat in the box.

you can get the same poster in the Classic Edition

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1590057310613049345?s=20&t=uqyvjEpbp5Ouhz6J-BrS4Q

It’s also absurd they ask customers to buy the new Konami collection when they haven’t shipped the previous two collections!

I STILL haven’t received my Castlevania collection (18+ months wait) Plus God knows when they will ship the Contra collection. I haven’t heard a peep about that purchase from 6 months ago !

Also that posting for Gradius ultimate edition has no mention of ship date. I would bet good money it won’t ship until 2024 !

It seems LRG can get in trouble with the Federal Trade Commission for their deceitful practices.

On the FTC website, under business guidance they violate the internet prompt delivery rules

still no mention of the BOOKS which was stated in the email THEY ARE ON HAND ffs...
None of them shipped? I saw some go to press, but not even a single copy of the sunsoft one made it out to customers? Jesus, that warehouse is just too crammed... Hopefully the amazon rollout is less damaging

i havent gotten notice of any of the books i ordered yet shipped. Goin on the website says they are on hand and ready but then it also shows "in production" for some of the others so I'm not sure what is going on with it.

On the FTC website, under business guidance they violate the internet prompt delivery rules
Prompt delivery: "We will endeavor to ship your purchase promptly before two human birthing cycles complete (18 months). It is possible, but unlikely, that you will be able to have 3 complete children (27 months) before your order ships. Congratulations on your new family!"

It seems LRG can get in trouble with the Federal Trade Commission for their deceitful practices.

Yeah, I posted that in the indie thread as I wondered how any U.S. based video game publisher that takes pre-orders has been able to avoid those FTC guidelines. Not that I care about LRG's delays. It's Special Reserve Games I had on my mind when I posted the FTC info and I still need to look more into it - I clicked on their link to a complaint form and at that time it was a dead link, which might explain why nothing has happened. Delays aren't really ever a big deal to me personally, although at this point I don't even want "Broforce" any longer. But, still, if SRG had customer service like LRG, I wouldn't even bother looking into this FTC rule. I just received my "Bloodrayne" 2 pack from LRG and had another Switch cover not aligned in the center with corners starting to tear from the stupid Switch case. Didn't really care that much since I know LRG customer service will take care of it. If this had happened with SRG, I would've been told that it was perfectly aligned when it left them and someone else must have pushed the cover art down.

I was alerted to this FTC rule because I have a statue pre-ordered through Sideshow Collectibles and received an e-mail that they were going to cancel my order within 30 days if I didn't approve a delay, citing FTC guidelines. I never received that in the past and those statues see delays like these games. They also have a "non-refundable" deposit that they also have to refund. They do have a way around it by forcing the customer to take an action at the time of order to "protect" their order from cancellation by checking a box and agreeing to delays. I didn't read more into it to see if companies could just force customer to agree to delays in order to place an order.

I looked through some of the FTC legal cases and I might be wrong here but they seem to only go after companies that promise fast delivery on items that are in stock... or companies that actually never deliver a product after years of delays.   Additional to these situations the companies offer no way to cancel the order and get a refund (not even like what LRG offers on their FAQ on a "case by case basis").  That's not to say LRG is in the clear. Right now I can understand if the risk of offering easy cancellations on long delayed items could cripple them completely as they'd need to eat the cost as they are under contract to the IP owner for the things they are selling and might not have an out for cancelled items.  Especially if they've already paid those royalties to the IP owner.   So better for them to ride risky knowing the FTC mainly goes after companies that don't deliver rather than a company like LRG that has a strong track record of eventually delivering everything ordered.

That said, communication completely needs revamped and improved.

Hopefully LRG takes this stuff seriously and is in the process of at minimum increasing communication about delays.   But they aren't the typical target that the FTC seems to go after (at least, that I've seen).

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1590386605361364992?s=20&t=WuutulDk2TgGt-7yxPkZ2g
And yup, they've got me with Collector's Edition. I knew it. *sigh* If I wasn't such an NGPC fanatic (I have a complete in box US collection, plus boxed UK Cotton, Evolution, Dynamite Slugger, Cool Boarders, and boxed JAP Big Bang Wrestling, Ogre Battle, Mega Man, Cardfighters 2, Battle de Paradise and more. Yes, I'm bragging). I wonder if they're translating Battle de Paradise. It's hard to play without knowing Japanese.

You were offered a replacement on the tank. We had a very low instance of defects on the tank overall and were below industry standard on defects since we use a major company to make those. They aren't cheap. I really wish you'd stop trying to make that into an issue...

None of them shipped? I saw some go to press, but not even a single copy of the sunsoft one made it out to customers? Jesus, that warehouse is just too crammed... Hopefully the amazon rollout is less damaging
The warehouse just moved to a new facility to put us all under one roof so it definitely caused a delay. The books should have been sent out I 100% agree and they are a priority now.

I looked through some of the FTC legal cases and I might be wrong here but they seem to only go after companies that promise fast delivery on items that are in stock... or companies that actually never deliver a product after years of delays.
It may very well be something they don't pursue, since hardly anyone is scared enough to proactively comply like Sideshow Collectibles. I have to imagine someone caused some trouble for Sideshow that made them implement this process. The easy way for someone like LRG to get around this is to just put even longer estimates on the product pages. I don't know that any of their customers will blink - I see they are now listing 8-9 months for CEs. Not really sure if that's new - that's how much of a hurry I'm in. I wouldn't know how late something is anyway with LRG, beyond that time I ordered something that was in stock.

Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov)

Doug, will the cover for the Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 2 be censored by LRG again like they did with the first game? For some reason LRG censored the original art work which is uncensored on the import versions by cropping the characters so the female character's chests are covered for some reason, along with the Metal Slug being removed. Was this because of the ESRB or was it your decision to censor the cover, which seems misogynistic to me considering you targeted the female characters? Between the year plus wait times on games and censorship on a company that claims to be about preservation, I'll go with the import versions on games in the future if this type of censorship and unreasonable wait times continue.

And yup, they've got me with Collector's Edition. I knew it. *sigh* If I wasn't such an NGPC fanatic (I have a complete in box US collection, plus boxed UK Cotton, Evolution, Dynamite Slugger, Cool Boarders, and boxed JAP Big Bang Wrestling, Ogre Battle, Mega Man, Cardfighters 2, Battle de Paradise and more. Yes, I'm bragging). I wonder if they're translating Battle de Paradise. It's hard to play without knowing Japanese.
That's pretty cool. NGPC was the kind of system with such a small library that collecting everything was possible. Similar library size to the Atari Lynx, WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, Neo Geo AES, and Neo Geo CD. I never got a NGPC (or the original NGP) due to just not having much interest in handheld gaming at the time... but I could see the appeal.

It's pretty easy to get sucked into one of these smaller life systems and just get everything. I nearly did that with Vita as well as Dreamcast. Vita I stopped because of LRG and the FOMO stress not being worth it.

That's pretty cool. NGPC was the kind of system with such a small library that collecting everything was possible. Similar library size to the Atari Lynx, WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, Neo Geo AES, and Neo Geo CD. I never got a NGPC (or the original NGP) due to just not having much interest in handheld gaming at the time... but I could see the appeal.

It's pretty easy to get sucked into one of these smaller life systems and just get everything. I nearly did that with Vita as well as Dreamcast. Vita I stopped because of LRG and the FOMO stress not being worth it.
I recently put the new ISP screen in my NGPC and it renewed my interest. Luckily for me, I was collecting all these games just as the system was discontinued, so I got most dirt cheap, or relatively cheap. It's the only system I've ever and will ever go for a complete set of.

They also announced the rest of the games in this NGPC Vol 2, and the inclusion of Japanese only games is cool, but they didn't translate them. So playing Battle de Paradise is still going to require a guide for anyone that doesn't know Japanese. I'm glad Card Fighters Clash is in there (obviously released earlier this year digitally), and that it's one combined game. I put hours upon hours into the Capcom version on NGPC, but I booted my game up recently and my save is completely gone.

Doug, will the cover for the Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 2 be censored by LRG again like they did with the first game? For some reason LRG censored the original art work which is uncensored on the import versions by cropping the characters so the female character's chests are covered for some reason, along with the Metal Slug being removed. Was this because of the ESRB or was it your decision to censor the cover, which seems misogynistic to me considering you targeted the female characters? Between the year plus wait times on games and censorship on a company that claims to be about preservation, I'll go with the import versions on games in the future if this type of censorship and unreasonable wait times continue.
LRG doesn't censor stuff unless we have no choice. As of right now I don't know. I haven't check the ESRB feedback on this one yet.

I don't think you know what the word, "misogyny," means at all.

I don't think you know what the word, "misogyny," means at all.
I'm well aware of what it means and it's absolutely misogyny that only the female characters were singled out to be censored.

If you don't know what it means here are the definitions:

"hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women, manifested in various forms such as physical intimidation and abuse, sexual harassment and rape, social shunning and ostracism, etc.:

"ingrained and institutionalized prejudice against women; sexism."

I find it disappointing that female representation is being censored and it is misogyny based on those definitions above.

LRG doesn't censor stuff unless we have no choice. As of right now I don't know. I haven't check the ESRB feedback on this one yet.
At least it's not your company promoting censorship or misogynistic decisions. It sucks if it's the ESRB forcing this, but it seems like there's also other male posters in here who don't care about equal representation in gaming which is disappointing. You seem like a good guy to me and since no one else has bothered thanking you for taking your time out to actually answer our questions and talk to the community then I'll be the first to do so.

I looked through some of the FTC legal cases and I might be wrong here but they seem to only go after companies that promise fast delivery on items that are in stock... or companies that actually never deliver a product after years of delays. Additional to these situations the companies offer no way to cancel the order and get a refund (not even like what LRG offers on their FAQ on a "case by case basis"). That's not to say LRG is in the clear. Right now I can understand if the risk of offering easy cancellations on long delayed items could cripple them completely as they'd need to eat the cost as they are under contract to the IP owner for the things they are selling and might not have an out for cancelled items. Especially if they've already paid those royalties to the IP owner. So better for them to ride risky knowing the FTC mainly goes after companies that don't deliver rather than a company like LRG that has a strong track record of eventually delivering everything ordered.

Hopefully LRG takes this stuff seriously and is in the process of at minimum increasing communication about delays. But they aren't the typical target that the FTC seems to go after (at least, that I've seen).
The issue is that if they can't ship it within the estimated time (which is a lot of the time considering LRG's boilerplate estimates) they're obligated to proactively inform the consumer, provide a new date, and give them the option to cancel for a refund. It's 100% just something they would need to communicate about in order to be compliant.

They definitely do breach the (rule? law? policy?), but like you said, since "you'll get your shit eventually" I don't know if it's severe enough for the FTC to actually engage.

I looked through some of the FTC legal cases and I might be wrong here but they seem to only go after companies that promise fast delivery on items that are in stock... or companies that actually never deliver a product after years of delays. Additional to these situations the companies offer no way to cancel the order and get a refund (not even like what LRG offers on their FAQ on a "case by case basis"). That's not to say LRG is in the clear. Right now I can understand if the risk of offering easy cancellations on long delayed items could cripple them completely as they'd need to eat the cost as they are under contract to the IP owner for the things they are selling and might not have an out for cancelled items. Especially if they've already paid those royalties to the IP owner. So better for them to ride risky knowing the FTC mainly goes after companies that don't deliver rather than a company like LRG that has a strong track record of eventually delivering everything ordered.

Hopefully LRG takes this stuff seriously and is in the process of at minimum increasing communication about delays. But they aren't the typical target that the FTC seems to go after (at least, that I've seen).
Yeah while their communication is poor the fact they can technically still provide it at a whim per request makes them better than companies like First Press/SLG who don't even seem to give estimates, or if they do, they change them without telling anyone and won't answer support inquiries about it. I don't think the FTC needs or should go after LRG because it's not exactly a thing that's to worry about, tbh. They have TONS to improve and communication is one of them but the sad part is they're even more on it than those other companies even if they relegate most answers to Twitter for some godforsaken reason

I'm predicting my Valis Collection 1 Vinyl arrives in June 23 due to the state of the vinyl industry so as long as my order arrives before then I'll be cool and not really mind the wait too much. It's my final order with them anyhow so I'm not gonna sweat if it comes later or earlier than that. I may cancel the CE I bundled with it if the components are cheaped out on but I at least would think the CDs should turn out OK so I'm a bit more hopeful they won't be like the SCAT CE OST (Which had a bugged track)

I'm well aware of what it means and it's absolutely misogyny that only the female characters were singled out to be censored.

If you don't know what it means here are the definitions:

"hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women, manifested in various forms such as physical intimidation and abuse, sexual harassment and rape, social shunning and ostracism, etc.:

"ingrained and institutionalized prejudice against women; sexism."

I find it disappointing that female representation is being censored and it is misogyny based on those definitions above.
Uhh ... no.

If you're seriously suggesting that it's mysogenistic because an industry that has a long, long (long-long) history of sexualizing and objectifying women, dressing them in all sorts of revealing attire (compared to male characters), and frankly still does, is being "mysogenistic" because some are now consciousnessesly trying to take steps to NOT portray or show them that way ...

No, you don't understand what that word means. If you do, you're misconstruing the word entirely by ignoring the history of the industry.

This is an industry that encouraged its journalists to "Maxim" its magazines, sell games using lesbian ads, sell a console by revealing a price on a bikini-clad girl ... and still suffers from story after story of sexual abuse and harassment from male leadership to female workers.

No, it's not mysogenistic for a game company to take steps (even extra ones) if it wants to avoid any suggestion of sexualizing or objectifying women.

This industry has a serious problem here, and it needs to grow a pair and admit it.

We've all seen companies take some steps to address some of these issues. I think all of these, whether in box art, character design, etc. are good efforts; they are the absolute opposite of mysogeny. It's being respectful and selling a game based on the GAME.

bread's done
Back