Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
For outside references from a moderately popular Switch channel, they dumpster LRG for pretty much what everyone already here has discussed.  This is the general feedback I see in most other spaces and places regarding the company that aren't curated communities.

I timestamped to start when they discuss LRG games, but the channel overall is pretty good at talking about all the other companies, too.   Super Rare gets theirs, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
For outside references from a moderately popular Switch channel, they dumpster LRG for pretty much what everyone already here has discussed. This is the general feedback I see in most other spaces and places regarding the company that aren't curated communities.

I timestamped to start when they discuss LRG games, but the channel overall is pretty good at talking about all the other companies, too. Super Rare gets theirs, too.

I disagree one of those guys is pretty biased against us and has spread things that aren't even remotely true and is a playasia diehard.

I don't mind criticisms but outright lies is where I draw the line.

I don't mind criticisms but outright lies is where I draw the line.
The irony is thick with this one.

Would love to hear what their so-called lies are!

Also, you sell product under a different label on Play-Asia, so what's wrong with supporting them? They also support VGP, which appears to be one of your partnered stores. A lot of smaller channels, more so ones that focus on imports, are going to be working with Play-Asia and what not.

I like Play-Asia, too, when you can get fully English titles at a reasonable price and faster than any of the non-retail print companies.

Edit: I was wrong, Superdeluxe Games are not on Play-Asia. That's... odd.

So River City Girls 2 comes out next week. I bought the switch Ultimate edition that comes with a digital code. Are those sent out next week? I've got a bad feeling it actually ships with physical copy thus making it useless.

So River City Girls 2 comes out next week. I bought the switch Ultimate edition that comes with a digital code. Are those sent out next week? I've got a bad feeling it actually ships with physical copy thus making it useless.
Codes will go out before the physical 100%!

Hey Doug, if you're still answering questions, what's the situation with A Night in the Woods?

Are we ever going to see that game or is that just not happening now? Feel like it's been two years since a comment on it and damn if it's not one of my most wanted games of all time physical. Thanks.

Is the lightsaber exclusive to lrg or will it pop up at the parks?
Think a post stated there's two versions, one incomplete or something so probably one at Disney for the first game and this one for the second. Not completely exclusive, but variants.

Just noticed that a single switch game (Neo Geo Pocket Color V2) costs $9.20 to ship.  I didn't play around to see if this is specific to that one game - seems more appropriate for shipping the CE.  I wonder if the carrier changed....  It's definitey given me pause.  

Yeah - something weird must be going on since it's cheaper to ship the Grim Fandgo CE then the NeoGeo Pocket Color V2 non-CE with a box.

Someone reminded me of it, and now I noticed... Yeah, we only got the SNES repro of Rendering Ranger R2 this year, didn't we? No word on the digital release for the carbon ports, despite the eta of 2022. Wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed, but I do hope we hear more about those carbon ports soon since it seems them + Plumbers HD got silently delayed again. The Carbon stuff is the one aspect of LRG I still have some confidence in with how good RCG0 turned up, so I'm eager to see if they give R2 justice!

Just noticed that a single switch game (Neo Geo Pocket Color V2) costs $9.20 to ship. I didn't play around to see if this is specific to that one game - seems more appropriate for shipping the CE. I wonder if the carrier changed.... It's definitey given me pause.

Yeah - something weird must be going on since it's cheaper to ship the Grim Fandgo CE then the NeoGeo Pocket Color V2 non-CE with a box.
It's the shipping box - for some reason, the shipping box is drastically increasing the shipping cost now. A single switch game with no shipping box? $5.15. With a shipping box? $9.20.

The repro of the last two AtariXP games went live yesterday, here's Asteroids for reference: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/all-games/products/asteroids-limited-edition-atari

Seems this repro line is at an end now. Dumb pricing aside, I am legitimately curious if there are any HD clone consoles for the 2600 out there that use real carts... Would love to dust off my grandma's collection and play them Mega SG style.
Apparently Hyperkin released an HD Atari console that plays 2600 carts back in 2018 called 'RetroN 77':
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-RetroN-77-not-machine-specific/dp/B07FQYFD4W/

I have no experience with it myself but I have a ton of 2600 carts stashed away and it has pretty positive reviews so I will probably order one if/when it goes on sale.

Wow! Night in the Woods is finally getting a physical release. I'm definitely getting a copy. Also I'm not usually into Collectors editions, but I really like the look & contents of this one, I might splurge on that version.

Not really something a company founder needs to get involved with, but it is a crappy situation on multiple levels, and I’d be interested to know their take on it.  If they truly are trying to address and rectify issues caused by their companies own mistakes or just dismiss them as a general course overall.

Already mentioned the fact that when valis collection 1 was released, that weeks mega bundle clearly had separate line items as: valis CE, valis stand-alone copy for switch, valis lp, and dead age.  Noticed months later the description was changed to state the separate line item for valis switch was now (included in CE).  I never would have bought the bundle if it was just everything at msrp, I didn’t understand that’s how they generally worked at the time.  First I ever bought.  Customer service confirmed they would not be honoring the original listing description at time of purchase, not too surprising given other situations people have described, what I find worse though, is that they say they cannot cancel the other bundle contents to just leave me with the CE in my order, the only portion I really wanted at msrp.

They confirmed the listing description did change after the fact.  I’m not asking for any concessions or demanding they honor what their listing said I was buying like most legitimate retailers would be expected to, but refusing or being unable to simple cancel the extra items in the bundle I didn’t want at msrp, and only bought because of a misleading description is surprisingly crappy.  I do still want the CE, which I would have bought on its own, but too late for that now apparently.  They say it’s sold out, even though I already have a copy reserved in the bundle I bought which should be mine or freed up whether I canceled or kept that part of the order.  Is this truly something the company can’t handle?

Hey Doug, if you're still answering questions, what's the situation with A Night in the Woods?

Are we ever going to see that game or is that just not happening now? Feel like it's been two years since a comment on it and damn if it's not one of my most wanted games of all time physical. Thanks.
Did I will this into existence or something?

Night in the Woods is finally coming out and it occurs to me that if there was ever a video game to be turned into a cartoon on Cartoon Network this would be it. It definitely fits the vibe of shows like Infinity Train, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Over the Garden Wall.

I wonder who took over the right after the creator died. His parents?

I honestly can't decide whether to buy the collector's edition or the standard because I definitely want to play this on disc and it'd kill me to have to open the boxset.

It looks like Finji holds the trademark rights so presumably they've always owned the IP rather than Alec or Secret Lab/Infinite Fall. Presumably his estate receives a portion of the proceeds since he was a co-founder of Infinite Fall and he did a significant amount of work on the game, though.

How does Night in the Woods compare to the old LucasArts adventure games from the 90s?
It's not a point-and-click game if that's what interests you, and I'd sooner compare it to Life Is Strange because it emphasizes story/choices more than any puzzles, but I really enjoyed it.

I finally got my order from May of 2021 !

19 months later !

4 emails to customer service (2 ignored, and 2 copy and pasted canned responses to “check their website for updates”)

2 weeks short of 2023 which would have been 2 calendar years later.

No excuse ! Of course if they don’t flat out ignore these issues, they’d just blame someone else for the delay…. but the common denominator amongst all these delays is Limited Run Games !

I feel bad for anyone who orders a collectors edition of anything !

Anyone want to bet that turtles ultimate edition doesn’t ship until 2024 !!!!![attachment=37592:6C723AB4-A89A-48BF-84D6-3F1087D22D54.jpeg]

Ordering a bunch of collectors editions bundled up is how this happens. You ordered (even if it was their bundle) items that had the highest chance of a delay and compounded it so that it only took one stupid small item in one of those collectors versions to delay the entire order. Worse too because it's a complex order it meant you'd be at the bottom of the shipping cue once the most delayed item showed up.

The trick here is either be ok knowing you have the highest chance of the worst possible delay... or at least separate your standard editions from the collectors so it's only a delay from the standard production (which can still be bad but not CE bad).

Ordering a bunch of collectors editions bundled up is how this happens. You ordered (even if it was their bundle) items that had the highest chance of a delay and compounded it so that it only took one stupid small item in one of those collectors versions to delay the entire order. Worse too because it's a complex order it meant you'd be at the bottom of the shipping cue once the most delayed item showed up.

The trick here is either be ok knowing you have the highest chance of the worst possible delay... or at least separate your standard editions from the collectors so it's only a delay from the standard production (which can still be bad but not CE bad).
Which one of those items is the hold-up? I would have assumed the Castlevania Ultimate CE came out last out of all of those and those shipped a LONG time ago. Did the Double Dragon CEs have a longer hold-up?

19 months later !

4 emails to customer service (2 ignored, and 2 copy and pasted canned responses to “check their website for updates”)

2 weeks short of 2023 which would have been 2 calendar years later.

No excuse ! Of course if they don’t flat out ignore these issues, they’d just blame someone else for the delay…. but the common denominator amongst all these delays is Limited Run Games !

I feel bad for anyone who orders a collectors edition of anything !

Anyone want to bet that turtles ultimate edition doesn’t ship until 2024 !!!!! 6C723AB4-A89A-48BF-84D6-3F1087D22D54.jpeg
Jesus Christ that's absurd. You'd figure they'd at least send out some of it as an apology for the delay.

Got an email today with a Switch code for River City Girls 2 (as part of the CE purchase I made), so the codes should be going out now.

Perhaps they should give away digital codes with all their CEs to make up for the long wait time for these things.  Just a thought.

Got an email today with a Switch code for River City Girls 2 (as part of the CE purchase I made), so the codes should be going out now.

Perhaps they should give away digital codes with all their CEs to make up for the long wait time for these things. Just a thought.
This would definitely make me more likely to buy them.

Not really something a company founder needs to get involved with, but it is a crappy situation on multiple levels, and I’d be interested to know their take on it. If they truly are trying to address and rectify issues caused by their companies own mistakes or just dismiss them as a general course overall.

Already mentioned the fact that when valis collection 1 was released, that weeks mega bundle clearly had separate line items as: valis CE, valis stand-alone copy for switch, valis lp, and dead age. Noticed months later the description was changed to state the separate line item for valis switch was now (included in CE). I never would have bought the bundle if it was just everything at msrp, I didn’t understand that’s how they generally worked at the time. First I ever bought. Customer service confirmed they would not be honoring the original listing description at time of purchase, not too surprising given other situations people have described, what I find worse though, is that they say they cannot cancel the other bundle contents to just leave me with the CE in my order, the only portion I really wanted at msrp.

They confirmed the listing description did change after the fact. I’m not asking for any concessions or demanding they honor what their listing said I was buying like most legitimate retailers would be expected to, but refusing or being unable to simple cancel the extra items in the bundle I didn’t want at msrp, and only bought because of a misleading description is surprisingly crappy. I do still want the CE, which I would have bought on its own, but too late for that now apparently. They say it’s sold out, even though I already have a copy reserved in the bundle I bought which should be mine or freed up whether I canceled or kept that part of the order. Is this truly something the company can’t handle?
I would think Doug or Josh can make the team do whatever it necessary to make the customer happy. Especially if it was acknowledged they changed the description after you purchased the bundle.

This would definitely make me more likely to buy them.

Perhaps they should give away digital codes with all their CEs to make up for the long wait time for these things. Just a thought.
Not to brag, but I got my physical Japan English copy of 'River City Girls 1 & 2' a week ago.

I would think Doug or Josh can make the team do whatever it necessary to make the customer happy. Especially if it was acknowledged they changed the description after you purchased the bundle.
Yeah, customer support’s initial response was “After reviewing the bundles product page I can see where that may be a little confusion. I want to say that it does include a standard version of the game along with the Collector Editions version”. So even they took the initial description as stating the bundle included stand alone game plus CE. They acknowledged that the description was changed and now read differently, but could do nothing to address that but cancel the order if I wanted. I’ve gone ahead and requested the whole order be cancelled, if it’s my only option, even though I do still at least want the CE at retail price.

Like I said, this was my first bundle, but they have been doing these for years right? You’d think it would be routine by now how to state when the standard copy of the game is included in CE or an extra stand alone component of the bundle. And they do understand the difference since the terminology was changed after the fact.

Apparently Hyperkin released an HD Atari console that plays 2600 carts back in 2018 called 'RetroN 77':
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-RetroN-77-not-machine-specific/dp/B07FQYFD4W/

I have no experience with it myself but I have a ton of 2600 carts stashed away and it has pretty positive reviews so I will probably order one if/when it goes on sale.
Eeeeeegh, Hyperkin is absolutely a name i do not associate with quality especially after buying a 95 dollar controller that broke within two months. If that's the only option though I'll have to watch lots of reviews and think hard.

Which one of those items is the hold-up? I would have assumed the Castlevania Ultimate CE came out last out of all of those and those shipped a LONG time ago. Did the Double Dragon CEs have a longer hold-up?
The DD Neon one was the longest one, oddly enough: i think the soda can replica? I remember something like that being noted a year ago when ETAs were given at least. Kinda surprised the CV Ultimate edition got out before DD Neon. I still think the ZAMN retro editions have it beat though, but it sounds like the CEs are to ship late next month.

How does Night in the Woods compare to the old LucasArts adventure games from the 90s?
More or less an exploration based narrative adventure game, rather than a point/click. I dug what i played when it hit PS4 but that was pre-update and so I haven't touched it since... I really need to get to it but all my furfriends praise it even though I was more absorbed by the tower minigame inside, lol

Best Buy has a $5 off sale on a slew of LRG, including both 'No More Heroes,' 'Curse of the Moon 2,' 'Scott Pilgrim,' 'Samurai Jack' and 'Castlevania Collection' for PS4 and even the 'Command & Conquer' collection thing.

Customer service is trying to tell me that the increased shipping charges for adding a shipping box are correct even though the cost to ship 3 Switch games (which comes with the shipping box at no additional cost) is $5.68 and the cost to ship 1 Switch game with the box added to the cart is now $8.45 (so it's gone down since I first noticed).  It used to not increase the shipping cost at all.

I know there is no way I'll ever get customer service to acknowledge they have a problem (probably the wrong weight for the shipping box or they use the weight for the biggest shipping box they have).  It didn't used to work like this.  I'm sure not paying that much to ship one Switch game, though.  Not that I guess I should've had to pay for a shipping box anyway to make sure it doesn't get damaged.  I did it just to avoid the hassle of having to have another one sent when they arrive with stress creases. 

I still think this is a mistake, otherwise I don't get why LRG is discouraging customers from buying the shipping boxes.  The increase in shipping charges doubles the upcharge for better packaging.  

Customer service is trying to tell me that the increased shipping charges for adding a shipping box are correct even though the cost to ship 3 Switch games (which comes with the shipping box at no additional cost) is $5.68 and the cost to ship 1 Switch game with the box added to the cart is now $8.45 (so it's gone down since I first noticed). It used to not increase the shipping cost at all.
There's holiday surcharge and rate increases from USPS, so when they ship does matter. Same with weight. If 3 switch games is still under a lb, and adding a box makes it over, then you have a pretty big jump.

Cancelled my order I’ve been talking about for which LRG acknowledged they changed the listing description after the fact.  Didn’t want to cancel the whole thing, but that’s my only option I guess.  Customer service made it clear that they were doing me a favor in waiving a 15% restocking fee at least.  

For the love of God, can they stop sending single disc games in bubble mailers? Every one I get from them ends up arriving with a loose disc. I never have an issue when they ship in a small box. I can't send back for replacement since the game only had a low print run ( 1000 for PS4 Armed Emeth today) that sold out. I rather pay a little more for the box. It should at least be an option. Ugh.

bread's done
Back