Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I also received that same shipping notification email yesterday for DoDonPachi Resurrection Standard. It was in my spam folder. The "here" link does nothing. So, we still can't track our packages.
Same for me. It's just an email that states my order number was shipped but no link attached to it. I checked my account for that order and (of course) nothing there, either.

As I've said before - it's mind-boggling that an online retailer (and one as prominent as LRG) cannot get this straightened out. First, I get orders without any warning, and now, I'm getting emails with no tracking numbers -- and in neither case is my account on the website even showing that these were shipped.

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for a package ... or not? I mean - in 2023, this is just ridiculous.

And BTW, the email literally looks like it's fake. No graphical images - just two lines of plain text. Easily the laziest shipping notice email I've ever seen -- and as others and I noted, it doesn't even work because it fails to provide the tracking link.

Ugh ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me. It's just an email that states my order number was shipped but no link attached to it. I checked my account for that order and (of course) nothing there, either.

As I've said before - it's mind-boggling that an online retailer (and one as prominent as LRG) cannot get this straightened out. First, I get orders without any warning, and now, I'm getting emails with no tracking numbers -- and in neither case is my account on the website even showing that these were shipped.

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for a package ... or not? I mean - in 2023, this is just ridiculous.

And BTW, the email literally looks like it's fake. No graphical images - just two lines of plain text. Easily the laziest shipping notice email I've ever seen -- and as others and I noted, it doesn't even work because it fails to provide the tracking link.

Ugh ...
Honestly i debated earlier sharing this post from the LRG reddit that expressed concern last week how it was a fake/phising email because it sure is formatted that way, but even I couldn't tell 100% sure if it was valid or not... But with how more people here are backing it up I guess the stealth change to the new broken email is normal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/comments/1363o3b/possible_phishing_attempt/

I think i said this 100000000x now but seriously, a simple all-customer email saying "hey we're upgrading our shipping and thus things may look a bit different and hit some bumps on the way" would do so much wonders. It's really poor graphic design to have people think they're being phished.

Honestly i debated earlier sharing this post from the LRG reddit that expressed concern last week how it was a fake/phising email because it sure is formatted that way, but even I couldn't tell 100% sure if it was valid or not.
Oh you should have posted. I got that email too about signing up for their email thing and while I didn’t think it was fake… I honestly couldn’t remember if I did it or if they just did it. It would have been nice to know it went out to others that aren’t signed up for the emails and it wasn’t me testing for that coupon.

Twitter is now their way of letting you know your products shipped.

Yah know, most companies rely on their old system while rolling out a new system to ever increasing sized audiences to ensure major failures don't occur.

Just another thought regarding the company that seemingly fails forward...

Yah know, most companies rely on their old system while rolling out a new system to ever increasing sized audiences to ensure major failures don't occur.
I literally dropped focus on twitter due to the direction that site is going anyhow but iirc these should be mirrored on their facebook, which… ain’t much better.

Pleasantly surprised to see a huge batch of retro repros finished though. Dragon View felt surprisingly quick even though the license changed hands since lrg signed it. Hoping Rendering Ranger’s SNES cart isnt too far behind

I haven't talked to a lot of my people in the last 1-2 years. But I can't imagine many of them are too keen on using Twitter these days.

I used to like the guy, not understand what everyone's problem with him was maybe 5 years ago. But people have got to be REALLY down on Elon Musk these days. He's attempting to run SpaceX, Tesla, and now Twitter while behaving like a child at times. He fired 80% of the workforce and made the platform horrible. He's aligned himself with polarizing republicans that more people detest than not. One of my bots that spits out Tiny Tina's skeleton key codes says they are requiring $1200/month now to maintain his account status on Twitter, so he stopped. I mean the dude just announced opening up a bunch of new production facilities and sites in China; how tonedeaf do you gotta be?? More global outsourcing, at a time when that country already has us by the balls in tech / production.

This used to be a guy who seemed like he was concerned with environmental effects, improving infrastructure, and making the world a better place. Now he's another big tech autistic completely out of touch with humanity whom wants to take over the world and thinks he knows what's best for everyone. It's all quite terrible.

This week he's aligning himself with Tucker Carlson's new show and platform. So uhh yeah, Twitter probably not the best distribution channel for LRG's news updates.

I use Twitter to follow Wario64, that's it.

I had an account once to call out an airline who was not getting me a refund due to a medical emergency. (It worked, I got my money back)

Otherwise, I stay away from the bird.

I haven't talked to a lot of my people in the last 1-2 years. But I can't imagine many of them are too keen on using Twitter these days.

I used to like the guy, not understand what everyone's problem with him was maybe 5 years ago. But people have got to be REALLY down on Elon Musk these days. He's attempting to run SpaceX, Tesla, and now Twitter while behaving like a child at times. He fired 80% of the workforce and made the platform horrible. He's aligned himself with polarizing republicans that more people detest than not. One of my bots that spits out Tiny Tina's skeleton key codes says they are requiring $1200/month now to maintain his account status on Twitter, so he stopped. I mean the dude just announced opening up a bunch of new production facilities and sites in China; how tonedeaf do you gotta be?? More global outsourcing, at a time where that country already has us by the balls in tech / production.

This used to be a guy who seemed like he was concerned with environmental effects, improving infrastructure, and making the world a better place. Now he's another big tech autistic completely out of touch with humanity whom wants to take over the world and thinks he knows what's best for everyone. It's all quite terrible.

This week he's aligning himself with Tucker Carlson's new show and platform. So uhh yeah, Twitter probably not the best distribution channel for LRG's news updates.
Never used Twitter before and Musk gave me a very good reason never to do so ever. Will get an EV eventually, but it won't be a Tesla. Was looking at those but the idea of giving that guy money - nope.

Ugh ...
I got the same kind of email it was in my spam looked up the order # it was for full throttle for PS4

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/13gkl2x/limited_run_games_currently_shipping_13th_may/

Someone on the limprint reddit made a list of every item LRG listed as shipping out, and uh well, it’s a lot. If you have any of these keep an eye out for the package due to the bugged ship emails
Odd, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is on there but I received a shipment email for that.

River City Girls 2 I have preordered but not sure with what else that might be hold up the order...

Odd, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is on there but I received a shipment email for that.
I'm pretty sure (and someone feel free to correct me) the shipping issue isn't on the bigger special editions which are handled differently in the shipping process. Those have had notifications go out properly.

Guys, I got a shipping notice.

With no actual information on what shipped, obviously.

But hey, it's a start!  It has to be Ara Fell & Rise of the Third Power as Shin Chan is too new, right?

Both are still labeled as In Production with a TBD release date.  If it's either, man, get your crap together LRG.  Abysmal information sharing.

Edit:  I figured it out, it's Ara Fell & Rise of the Third Power.

Heads up Doom Eternal buyers: it was known during preorders that the cart version wouldn’t be up to date (meaning updates would be available and it wouldn’t include DLC) but if you at any point start the update process for the 15 GB update, you’ll be locked to downloading the whole thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/13jmv4r/doom_eternal_still_needs_a_software_update/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

I wasn’t sure why they didn’t put the newest version on cart back then and I’m even more baffled now. It’s fully playable offline, but if you’re prompted constantly with such a huge update, it doesn’t seem like you save that much storage anyway…

Heads up Doom Eternal buyers: it was known during preorders that the cart version wouldn’t be up to date (meaning updates would be available and it wouldn’t include DLC) but if you at any point start the update process for the 15 GB update, you’ll be locked to downloading the whole thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/13jmv4r/doom_eternal_still_needs_a_software_update/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

I wasn’t sure why they didn’t put the newest version on cart back then and I’m even more baffled now. It’s fully playable offline, but if you’re prompted constantly with such a huge update, it doesn’t seem like you save that much storage anyway…
They said the game plus update would not fit on the cart

They said the game plus update would not fit on the cart
Hmm, well that makes sense and it seems the switch forcing the update if you say yes is a system flaw. Still, I’m kinda surprised with how massive the update is why they bothered putting out doom eternal at all. Alien Isolation is a much better and more fitting pick for a 32GB cart imo
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1659258554572849152?s=20[/size]
Might just literally be the biggest what the fuck i’ve let out at a LRG release in eons: I can’t see any merit to reissuing this game, it’s *abysmal*. Least Bill and Ted had a fun gameboy game included (even though emulation is shoddy…)

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1659258554572849152?s=20
LRG Doug, you've answered questions, took a lot of heat, came back, took more heat, acted professional in spite of all of this and I respect that but seriously, how fucking high were you when you and Josh said "It's fucking on, greenlight Three fucking Stooges for the NES"?

Hmm, well that makes sense and it seems the switch forcing the update if you say yes is a system flaw. Still, I’m kinda surprised with how massive the update is why they bothered putting out doom eternal at all. Alien Isolation is a much better and more fitting pick for a 32GB cart imo
Might just literally be the biggest what the fuck i’ve let out at a LRG release in eons: I can’t see any merit to reissuing this game, it’s *abysmal*. Least Bill and Ted had a fun gameboy game included (even though emulation is shoddy…)
Its for people like me who will spend $59.99 to have all the doom games in matching red cases on my shelf and never play them

LRG Doug, you've answered questions, took a lot of heat, came back, took more heat, acted professional in spite of all of this and I respect that but seriously, how fucking high were you when you and Josh said "It's fucking on, greenlight Three fucking Stooges for the NES"?
Uhhhh about that

https://twitter.com/MRIXRT/status/1659231502670913536?

Also seems like they abruptly canceled their showing at momocon. No idea why. But with Doug out it’ll be very interesting to see what happens in the future for LRG. I have no info on what led to him not working there so maybe we’ll see if mrixrt or doug say anything

Guess you can chock up another "that guy is right," if true.

Founders almost always leave a company after buyout. And Doug seems to be an odd fit for corporate life and is really against common sense practices.

With Josh moving his personal property on-site, I guess he'll stick around?

Weird, he was just wanting to do podcasts for LRG a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1658522469802573832

But I also can't imagine why his LinkedIn would update if something wasn't going on. It's not like it's one misclick to update your employment status on LinkedIn or anything. Wonder if there will be some kind of statement soon.

That sucks, Doug seemed like more of the "voice of reason" when compared to Josh.  

Btw I agree with everyone else that re-releasing three stooges on nes is just plain dumb.  I really wish people would stop buying crap like this to teach LRG a lesson that we want quality not quantity.

Weird, he was just wanting to do podcasts for LRG a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1658522469802573832

But I also can't imagine why his LinkedIn would update if something wasn't going on. It's not like it's one misclick to update your employment status on LinkedIn or anything. Wonder if there will be some kind of statement soon.
It’s not just the dates the description was changed to the past tense. You have to go in to do that.
“I was the Co founder and coo for limited run games….I was responsible for on boarding developers and managing employees”

This not a slight at Doug, he just seemed like a poor fit for such a growing company. Based upon his Twitter commentary, and his infamy in blocking even the slightest pushback, I see a passionate person, but not a business person.

It showed in his comments here a lot, as well.

He's (hopefully) well off and going to go do something more low-key or less likely to anger the Gamers™. Or just chill a bit.

Josh comes off as someone fit for corporate shenanigans, though.

Wonder if some of these weird passion project titles will be all but dead now as they shift to even more corporate releases. Perhaps the change coming is smarter buys and less starryeyed indie releases and that just didn't jive with the former COO.

I got no beef with the dude and hope he enjoys games and his cat in peace.

Wonder if we'll ever see a real PR team again?

PS: My copy of Ara Fell and Rise of the Third Power has shipped. It says "fulfilled" on the site, but also still "in production."

Wonder if we'll ever see a real PR team again?
Again???

When the hell did they have one to begin with? They really need to hire a PR person/team

Personally, i dont care who stays or who goes.

JUST FIX THE fuck SHIPMENT DELAYS!!!!!!!

Hire someone who has done this before and knows what they are doing, instead of having the executive guy being BOTH the PR person and person in charge of the shipment delays lol

Again???

When the hell did they have one to begin with? They really need to hire a PR person/team

Personally, i dont care who stays or who goes.

JUST FIX THE fuck SHIPMENT DELAYS!!!!!!!

Hire someone who has done this before and knows what they are doing, instead of having the executive guy being BOTH the PR person and person in charge of the shipment delays lol
to be blunt one aspect about lrg i heard a lot is that the two up top called a lot of shots and didn't take kindly to being told "No" even by their own staffers. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the shipping/CS people are equally upset like we are (and i still suspect some sort of crunch had to happen at the warehouse, or at least very slow management + flood of games to ship) but couldn't do much about it because josh and doug were pretty much the only ones who could make a call or put effort/resources into anything, and if they were stubborn with the old methods for so long, well...

Yesterday a LRG employee confirmed that Douglas is no longer with the company. It's sad to see him go. I got to meet him once at PAX and he was very nice. Recent tweets made it seem like work was stressing him out, so maybe he left on his own terms. I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for coming here and answering questions. There's hardly any limited print company employees that interact with the community like Douglas did. The only other one I know of is Dave from Strictly Limited Games.  

With Josh moving his personal property on-site, I guess he'll stick around?
If I'm Josh, I'd probably look to move my personal collection off company property at this point. There's a lot of unknowns, but with new corporate overlords, you just don't know when you'll get unceremoniously pushed out the door.

Yesterday a LRG employee confirmed that Douglas is no longer with the company. It's sad to see him go. I got to meet him once at PAX and he was very nice. Recent tweets made it seem like work was stressing him out, so maybe he left on his own terms. I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for coming here and answering questions. There's hardly any limited print company employees that interact with the community like Douglas did. The only other one I know of is Dave from Strictly Limited Games.
I agree with this. I've seen a lot of anger directed at him here (I'm sure i've been guilty myself), but I thought it was cool he at least tried to come in here and interact with the community. He could have easily just buried his head in the sand like everyone else at LRG and ignored people's comments or give a robotic response. I hope he left on his own terms or at least got a nice severance package. It's sad to see some of his more recent posts on twitter that he wasn't doing so well. People tend to forget it's another human on the other side of the computer and say things they would never say to others in real life so I'm sure the negativity toward him didnt help. If you're reading this Doug, take care of yourself man. Wishing you the best.

Without Doug there I feel like what little confidence I had in LRG (for buying standard releases) is gone for now (outside of retail and on the shelf/bin).  It's going to take seeing others have good experiences again before buying direct.

I wonder if the whole shipping change over was forced by corporate with a tight deadline which is why it wasn't fully tested for handling shipping notifications and account updates?  It seemed like a mess behind the scenes.

It was cool of Doug to come back here, take a little heat, and provide some info.  No one else at LRG even gave a rats ass about us beyond Doug (not saying he cared a great deal, but he seemed to care some).   While it's not usual for people to leave after a buyout, Doug's posts made it seem like he was there for the long haul.  Hopefully this was his decision to leave and he's doing well.  If it wasn't his call, hopefully the payout was great and he can live a less stressful life.

bread's done
Back