Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Their sales really aren't as strong as the used to be. Even Alien, between all versions, hasn't hit Switch MOQ and that was lauded as a big deal. The most recent Kemco game is sitting around 300 between both versions.

What matters more, though, is how that compares to other portions of their portfolio's profitability. If they're small/cheap enough to run and other parts of their portfolio is hemorrhaging money from being overstaffed or games bombing, I doubt they'd come into focus.
If the recent Woot! sale shows us anything, it’s that niche game physical sales are soft. Treasures of the Aegean which was a LRG distribution title is discounted, heck Woot still has CE copies for PS4 for 9.99 and PS5 for $14.99. They cannot give these things away.

If the recent Woot! sale shows us anything, it’s that niche game physical sales are soft. Treasures of the Aegean which was a LRG distribution title is discounted, heck Woot still has CE copies for PS4 for 9.99 and PS5 for $14.99. They cannot give these things away.

There's way too much niche than what the market (e.g., physical collectors) can bear. And given that group of people is contracting, the market for all this stuff will undergo an adjustment (in some ways, it's already happening).

There's way too much niche than what the market (e.g., physical collectors) can bear. And given that group of people is contracting, the market for all this stuff will undergo an adjustment (in some ways, it's already happening).
LRG is thee outlier. Like you said, the market is contracting. And yet ~2,000 people are buying all of this LRG shovelware when that same type of stuff is immovable from any other retailer.

LRG's performance has skewed things. This model is not working out for anyone else. Just all these trained goats that will buy anything LRG has to offer for some reason. Like I used to get it when we were all working on complete collections but now it doesn't make sense at all. Just a couple thousand people riding that Youtube influencer/hype + sit at home, mail order all the stuff + retro craze thing still I guess. it's rather inexplicable. They've captured lightning in a bottle longer than should have been possible.

Could anyone here confirm one way or the other whether the dual pack of Ara Fell and Rise of the Third Power has shipped yet? If it hasn’t shipped, has there been any announced ETA? Thanks!

Could anyone here confirm one way or the other whether the dual pack of Ara Fell and Rise of the Third Power has shipped yet? If it hasn’t shipped, has there been any announced ETA? Thanks!
Mine's shipped, along with Night in the Woods and Powerslave. They even sent out an email and tracking.

Mine's shipped, along with Night in the Woods and Powerslave. They even sent out an email and tracking.
Sweet, thanks for the response. I didn’t realize the physical edition was a thing until after the preorder period was over. Was hoping to make a visit to their retail store once I knew people were getting their copies. Really enjoyed Rise of the Third Power, and glad to support the devs.

I've had it for two weeks now but it was missing the trading card which I emailed about and they claim that they decided to ship the games now instead of waiting for the cards to get printed

So it seems I only get shipping emails and tracking info when an order containing a CE ships.  If my order just has standard issues of games, no shipping email and no tracking.  This has been going on for a couple months now and still hasn't been fixed yet.  Utterly ridiculous.

So it seems I only get shipping emails and tracking info when an order containing a CE ships. If my order just has standard issues of games, no shipping email and no tracking. This has been going on for a couple months now and still hasn't been fixed yet. Utterly ridiculous.
Did you pay the extra whatever Route shipping charge of like $1?

Alien Isolation is one of my favorite games but man that steelbook art is some of the worst I've seen. I'm torn. If it was an awesome cover art, it would be a definite buy for me.

Alien Isolation is one of my favorite games but man that steelbook art is some of the worst I've seen. I'm torn. If it was an awesome cover art, it would be a definite buy for me.
I loved the game and I’m an even bigger Aliens fan but yeah I ultimately went with the regular release. The extra cost and bland art on the steelbook itself just wasn’t worth almost twice the price. I love the VHS cover though.

I loved the game and I’m an even bigger Aliens fan but yeah I ultimately went with the regular release. The extra cost and bland art on the steelbook itself just wasn’t worth almost twice the price. I love the VHS cover though.
Same. The steelbook cover was so bad, though, that I didn't even want to know that I had something with that inside of it. It's a headscratcher. Someone looked at that and said "cool". Or LRG just got the 3 pieces of key art and said "we have no choice." There was a choice - just skip the steelbook. This one is right down there with "Blade Runner".

Same. The steelbook cover was so bad, though, that I didn't even want to know that I had something with that inside of it. It's a headscratcher. Someone looked at that and said "cool". Or LRG just got the 3 pieces of key art and said "we have no choice." There was a choice - just skip the steelbook. This one is right down there with "Blade Runner".
Yeah, I've bought almost all steelbooks from LRG, and really had to put my foot down at this price.

Pretty sure I've gotten 5 emails on Hyper Gunsport now.  Looks like it could be good, but I'm going to pass.

Definitely doing Astro Kitty, Alien isolation, and Jamestown+ order as soon as Jamestown+ is available.  Stoked for that one!

Boy, look at all these games being shipped out....................................
Dont worry my valis vinyl is still Q2 still meaning it’s totally gonna ship out any day now and *not* get delayed to Q3 on June 30th!

https://limitedrungames.com/products/valis-the-fantasm-soldier-collection-3-lp-soundtrack

God now that i think about it lrg havent shipped out any vinyl in a while. I wonder if that has something to do with this as an earlier update implied they were imminent… but i guess not. Especially when friends who ordered stuff during that “in-stock now” email reminder still dont have their shit (and that was April)

Seriously, seriously cannot see them keeping anyone’s goodwill the longer this shipping nightmare continues even if i’m noticing stuff lile NITW standards shipping super fast from preorders

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe instead they could have spent that time shipping our games ? I have 3 orders dating back to last year
I'm at 6 outstanding orders from 2022 (1 July, 1 August, 2 October, 2 December) with the arrival of KOTOR Master earlier this month and Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus PS4 on it's way.

Probably the best thing LRG could do if they'd stop taking year long loans is just move all distribution to Amazon, they have been saying for years they can't keep up to supposed volume while supposedly paying more workers but that's all clearly bullshit

Probably the best thing LRG could do if they'd stop taking year long loans is just move all distribution to Amazon, they have been saying for years they can't keep up to supposed volume while supposedly paying more workers but that's all clearly bullshit
At this point, I think it's fair to say LRG has zero competency when it comes to handling/resolving logistical issues.

At this point, I think it's fair to say LRG has zero competency when it comes to handling/resolving logistical issues.
Agreed. I pretty much stopped buying anything from them this whole year except for like 1 or 2 games.

What i have in mind is that for every game they send me this year, I then allow myself to buy another game. I dont buy a game from them unless they send me one in return. Lets see how this will end up LMAO

Agreed. I pretty much stopped buying anything from them this whole year except for like 1 or 2 games.

What i have in mind is that for every game they send me this year, I then allow myself to buy another game. I dont buy a game from them unless they send me one in return. Lets see how this will end up LMAO
I got my last two games (neither with any shipping notice) last month and I'm done with them. LRG is just not worth the hassle anymore.

If I have any interest in a game from them in the future, I'll pick it up when another retailer ACTUALLY has it on-hand.

Unless they improved them, these things aren't worth more than $1 a case... they were not the original mold nor anywhere near the original case quality. Just like CD jewel cases, they were MUCH cheaper plastic than what we had back in the day except here, it felt more... not sure what the right word is, but I guess noticeable? Since the cases are bigger, it just felt like the imperfections (flimsy-ness and light/thin/cheap-ness mainly) were more apparent. Trays also had this weird discoloration and cases do not fit original trays.

Unless they improved them, these things aren't worth more than $1 a case... they were not the original mold nor anywhere near the original case quality. Just like CD jewel cases, they were MUCH cheaper plastic than what we had back in the day except here, it felt more... not sure what the right word is, but I guess noticeable? Since the cases are bigger, it just felt like the imperfections (flimsy-ness and light/thin/cheap-ness mainly) were more apparent. Trays also had this weird discoloration and cases do not fit original trays.
Good to know. Josh bragged about how much money they spent designing the mold. I think he mentioned using improved plastic too. Surprised the end result is so poor

What I didn't understand it's why they wasted money on the trays. Those things never needed to be replaced, just the outer cases. I bought a box when it first came out and the extra trays just sit there, never to be used

Chun-Li thighs for Vinny. :grouphug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rid3nClvQsk
Bro stop, I'm at work...

Edit* I realize this is a mod, and not that I'm complaining, but I'm honestly not sure how this game hasn't gotten some kind of controversy over the women. Or something. I heard FF16 is getting review bombed because there is no XB version.

My Crayon Shin-Chan is shipped/ready to ship per an email.  The website says still in production. 

This is my last game I'm waiting on.  Unless it's a very special numbered release, I'm back to waiting for distros.

Got an email that my Phobos helmet is out for delivery.  Man I buy dumb shit.  Least it might look ok next to the other 2 helmets I have for Doom lol

bread's done
Back