Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Damn - that looks amazing. I hope it's sold on Amazon on something, I really don't want to buy it from LRG direct.
I fucking loved the Rugrats as kid... that a Doug, All-That (early seasons), etc were my jam. Hate to give LRG more money but I'm prob giving them more money......

Yeah, so I hope you have a relative or the new owners or something are going to help you out because countless people have setup mail forwarding and then the packages get handled in a way that they bypass the mail forwarding system. I would hope after all this time your next step wouldn't be the Claims Department. I want to see you set free!

Wait... what!?!?!
Yeah, I have a relative who'll be staying behind and they aren't *too* far from my new place so I'll still be able to get it, it'll just be a ways out of my usual path home from work if it happens to be there. Would become a huge pain come October/november when stuff gets busier though hence why I'm hoping it goes out the door soonish...

Wait, did I miss something here??
When people were sharing the tweet about doug saying he and LRG parted ways I found that pretty bizarre since knowing of him throughout the years + that whole unpleasant twitter spat last summer pretty much affirmed to me that he would be the last kind of person to leave LRG by choice; either LRG got really really bad and he jumped ship, or he got the boot by Embracer. I asked my sources and press pals why he was suddenly not there (thinking it was maybe layoffs ala what other embracer corps got hit with today), and was told by multiple people he got fired/resigned when asked to for his behavior.

Wasn't sure what for exactly, and I didn't want to push too much further, but one of said sources pointed to how I was annoyed with his behavior of DM sliding + him following me around to try and get me to accept his "help" last year (when I wasn't having any of it due to stuff like shiren and the BMZ3 CE not being things you could simply apologize and make picture perfect, plus my bigger issues being the QC situation in general and the constant promises of "it'll get better" that never happened, which, from his posts here, yeah, he did too) and suggested that I wasn't the only person to complain about him doing that sort of harassing stuff, and someone at embracer just got sick of it. My guess is someone who worked with him got annoyed by him and complained to HR and that was what did him in, but I have no idea on specifics nor do I have any interest in knowing. They can take it up with a place like axios or whatnot idk.

My take is at best, he was too terminally online and spent more time trying to help people that didn't want/need his help, which would no doubt add unnecessary stress. At worst, he was continually bothering people who openly told him no and wanted nothing to do with him, and that latter part I have witnessed many, many times on forums/his twitter over the years. Makes sense if someone is frustrated and seeking help for him to reach out, but absolutely doesn't if a person like me is like "yeah they just need to improve QC" or someone else goes "i dont like your business model" and he namesearches to pick a fight.

Same for when he was here and went "not true!" when I posted rough sales numbers from the javascript trick earlier this year for certain SKUs, even though some of those later items were openly stated later on Twitter by Josh to have not done well (the pogs come to mind as one item I saw not doing so hot, which explains why they don't do those anymore), and said exploit with their website finally got patched up a few months ago, meaning to me that those sales numbers had to be somewhat close to what they were actually selling. Which... Yeah, low hundreds for Xbox games and a few thousand for Switch games don't seem too out of the ordinary so even if the website was off due to not accounting for partner sales or whatnot it still seemed silly to make that a big deal...

TLDR: Told by several that doug didn't leave on his own accord & the spat i had last year on twitter with him was not the first of that kind he had or would have, so seems very likely he got yeeted for bothering people too much. Knowing how Embracer studios seem to be getting a lot of press as of late I wouldn't be surprised if Axios or someone else just clears the air and maybe tries to dig deeper into why stuff is taking so long to ship. Would sure love to know how the warehouse is doing of late...

Huge Jurassic Park fan here, so I'm quite pleased that my wallet will only be scathed $40. The sole thing I want in the $150 version is the CD but not for $110 more! Booklet could be neat but lack of details makes it not worth the $25 gamble. As for the 10 other items, the skate decks are cool but thankfully I'm not a skater. Already have the black t-shirt with logo and for cheaper. Would get pin set if it was $10. Dad hat could work but should be more like

Gerryharding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge Jurassic Park fan here, so I'm quite pleased that my wallet will only be scathed $40. The sole thing I want in the $150 version is the CD but not for $110 more! Booklet could be neat but lack of details makes it not worth the $25 gamble. As for the 10 other items, the skate decks are cool but thankfully I'm not a skater. Already have the black t-shirt with logo and for cheaper. Would get pin set if it was $10. Dad hat could work but should be more like

Gerryharding.jpg
If the Nintendo games have something over the Genesis release, it's the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywRGNGRmRws

So we think we're getting a compilation of the SEGA Jurassic Park games too at some point? Those, objectively, are the good games, and I'd love to play those. If they could include the arcade games, then we're talking!

Did Xenogears ever get their items? They’ve been waiting longer than me iirc…
I haven’t seen any pigs flying lately, so nope, no LRG order either. How long ago was my last update, like a month ago? So, getting to be a 6 month wait for a purchase of an on hand item, not a preorder. All I’ve gotten is the standard “your order is randomly placed in an unfathomably deep void of a fulfillment queue that we have no way of monitoring or influencing. Because we care so much about you we tried to improve systems and shipping speeds (really, this isn’t just PR BS to coverup the inevitable confluence of fuck ups people had been warning us about for years) and it caused this delay, nothing to do with our greed and incompetence. Thanks for patiently waiting half a year for a transaction you thought you’d be getting in a week or two at time of purchase, and which any other retailer would have handled within days. Bye.”

Wasn't sure what for exactly, and I didn't want to push too much further, ...
In other words, you have literally no idea what happened and just created this story out of whole cloth to fit your own narrative. This is literally one of the most disgusting smears I have ever seen anyone post here and beyond that, you have opened yourself up for a legal claim since you have now damaged Douglas' reputation in a public forum and possibly impacted his ability to obtain future employment.

Also, nobody agrees with you that Douglas did anything wrong by trying to reach out to you to see if he could help. Many of us have used social media to get the attention of companies that don't have great customer service. Smart companies know that the best way to avoid negative publicity is to reach out directly to see if they can fix the issue before it becomes even more damaging to their reputation. The fact that you claimed that the #2 in a company did wrong by personally reaching out to you when you expressed that you had a problem shows a lack of maturity and judgment on your part and your continual drama regarding it is sad. So, I would strongly encourage you to delete your defamatory post before this blows up into a real legal problem for you.

I'm still in the "why are you putting out retro collections of bad games/worst versions" camp.

If it was the Sega games,I'd be a bit more interested. I wonder how long we have to "eat our vegetables" until we get to the good releases we were promised when they announced these retro reprints.

I haven’t seen any pigs flying lately, so nope, no LRG order either. How long ago was my last update, like a month ago? So, getting to be a 6 month wait for a purchase of an on hand item, not a preorder. All I’ve gotten is the standard “your order is randomly placed in an unfathomably deep void of a fulfillment queue that we have no way of monitoring or influencing. Because we care so much about you we tried to improve systems and shipping speeds (really, this isn’t just PR BS to coverup the inevitable confluence of fuck ups people had been warning us about for years) and it caused this delay, nothing to do with our greed and incompetence. Thanks for patiently waiting half a year for a transaction you thought you’d be getting in a week or two at time of purchase, and which any other retailer would have handled within days. Bye.”
Yeah, that's... Not good at all. Your in-hand item should have like, gone out a month or two after you ordered it, from a normal company. You were the person to come to my mind in this thread since it seemed utterly ridiculous that you didn't even get so much as a status update, and I feared I would be in the same boat...

Well, I got a shipping notification late last night. Looked a lot different from the last one I got like a year ago but it's still legit and so I have it added in my tracking app now. Thus, the wait begins. (which even if they are slow, generally arrives to my place 1 week after it moves out of NC, so i'm not worried about it missing my full migration to the new place). Will share photos here when it arrives.

In other words, you have literally no idea what happened and just created this story out of whole cloth to fit your own narrative. This is literally one of the most disgusting smears I have ever seen anyone post here and beyond that, you have opened yourself up for a legal claim since you have now damaged Douglas' reputation in a public forum and possibly impacted his ability to obtain future employment.
I didn't "create" anything and i was honestly reached out to and talked with my peers in writing during and after that whole spat. I was not the only one in the industry to find that whole thing unprofessional and publicly post about it either.

And I seriously doubt his future employment possibilities would be impacted by a random forum post, since a future employer would just... look into his old job themselves? Cmon now. This is silly. I can literally dm site admins some of the convos I've had about what i was told if they insisted on it. If I was really out to have a "urgh blurgh i wanna destroy lrg because im mad about my vinyl taking too long" i would be making SEO-focused articles left and right since my last LRG pieces did well, but I legitimately want nothing to do with the company any more when i finally get this thing lol, that's why the 6 week in-hand wait time was absurd and why others here arguably have it worse than me, tbh, and why it's kinda notable to point out doug's attempt to explain here how stuff was improving and getting better was just... hot air at the end of the day, at least when it comes to the supposed "shipping improvements"

Also, nobody agrees with you that Douglas did anything wrong by trying to reach out to you to see if he could help. Many of us have used social media to get the attention of companies that don't have great customer service. Smart companies know that the best way to avoid negative publicity is to reach out directly to see if they can fix the issue before it becomes even more damaging to their reputation. The fact that you claimed that the #2 in a company did wrong by personally reaching out to you when you expressed that you had a problem shows a lack of maturity and judgment on your part and your continual drama regarding it is sad. So, I would strongly encourage you to delete your defamatory post before this blows up into a real legal problem for you.
I mean, i just linked an example of a writing pal of mine openly condemning what he did, and being told by a lot of other friends in private that no, the way he subtweeted and insistently ignored my notions to just stay out of it was borderline creepy, so *shrugs* it's not just that he randomly wanted to help on the one issue: he openly subtweeted about anything i posted about LRG for weeks, DM'd me about stuff i posted when I openly told him I had no interest in talking to him since, and used my lack of responding to him for silly pity tweets.

No worries about legal considering that I'm not saying anything besides that A: he got fired by embracer and B: it was for harassment, but I didn't add a word of any kind before that as that I wasn't told what for, so... and again if admins really care or are bothered by it I can forward evidence and links to other instances to them if they so desire. But really, I just am leaving my piece and that's that. The day I get my vinyl is the day I'm finally out of this whole mess, and with that shipping notif it shouldn't be too much longer lol

Wasn't sure what for exactly, and I didn't want to push too much further,
Dude, you don't know anything here for sure. Your claim really shocked me yesterday and now that you elaborated on it, it's… all just assumptions.

Look, I don't know anything either, so you could be right on the money. But from all interactions I had with Doug he seemed like a really cool guy and was always engaged in helping me and others, from what I could tell. Sure, it's possible that could have backfired in some other instances than yours, who knows. But since he was the chief OPERATING officer I always found it much more likely he was kicked due to the numerous problems LRG was and is having. And cost-cutting from Embracer, maybe.

TLDR: Told by several that doug didn't leave on his own accord
Of that we can be pretty sure, despite him being stressed out numerous times. But I have a feeling (and it's just that, I've got no sources here) that your issue with him was rather unique.

How about we stop with the speculative and "he/she/they's momma's cousin told me" posts and go back to posting about what we all know: 

-LRG listing more shitty games 

-LRG taking forever to ship orders 

-LRG customer service sucks 

I have to jump in and defend Doug here.  While yes he was a part of a company with some sketchy practices, he genuinely seems like someone who enjoys video games and wanted to make things right the best he could for this community.  It's pretty rare that someone that high up in a company would come into a forum like this and communicate.  Bashing him isn't going to do anyone any good, he doesn't even work at LRG anymore.  It seems like every time he tried to communicate and do the right thing, someone wasn't happy and he just couldn't win.  I think it's fair to complain about some of LRG's business practices but give Doug a break, he truly seems like a good dude.

I have to jump in and defend Doug here. While yes he was a part of a company with some sketchy practices, he genuinely seems like someone who enjoys video games and wanted to make things right the best he could for this community. It's pretty rare that someone that high up in a company would come into a forum like this and communicate. Bashing him isn't going to do anyone any good, he doesn't even work at LRG anymore. It seems like every time he tried to communicate and do the right thing, someone wasn't happy and he just couldn't win. I think it's fair to complain about some of LRG's business practices but give Doug a break, he truly seems like a good dude.
I totally agree. A lot of the vitriol in this thread has always come off as way over-the-top and at times (many times) even a bit disturbing. I've seen a couple of other indie-businesses have a rep engage in a forum and they sure weren't as thick-skinned as Doug. For me, all of the "proof" of Doug being some mustache-twirling villain only made him look good to me. When Doug popped back in here, I just thought "why put yourself through this?" I can barely stand this thread myself. I can't imagine why he'd even want to look.

That Rugrats game feels like it was heavily inspired by Bonk's Adventure. Oh, that's not what we are talking about. Ok.

As for this side story of Doug... just for any legal departments (lol) looking... I'll testify now that everything posted has not changed my opinion of Doug nor LRG. I'm pretty firm in my view that Doug was just a dude like any average dude that just happened to get pulled into this whole idea with his buddy to sell digital only games to save the other dude's development company. It worked, they had some lofty ideas most of which they've abandoned over the years.. the company grew way faster than they could handle... and the pressure on the social media side was just too much. Did Doug do some odd things? Yes. It seems he doesn't handle dissatisfaction well or criticsm. Does that make him a bad dude? Nope. Just a dude that got caught up in things and found himself far too often in a situation that he couldn't win but he didn't have the common business sense to walk away on his own and the maturity to let go. And that's ok. We are all human and capable of growth and I'm sure Doug, looking back, has learned a hell of a lot in a relatively short time. Hopefully whatever he does next has a lot more forethought put into it including how to handle complaints as I think he took some way too seriously. And not that it matters, but I've always thought Doug was the more easy going of the two... though I can see they've both matured a lot over these past nearly 8 years.

Not that any of this goes into my game buying decisions. I'm all about the game and if I'm willing to put up with the hoops to get the game. Right now the answer for most games is "no" but that could change for the right game (looking at you XC3 Future Redeemed).

... and with that shipping notif it shouldn't be too much longer lol
Lol, you totally jinxed yourself there. Add six weeks to delivery, do not pass go, do not collect customer support response.

Doug came across as a good guy to provide ambition for a boutique business, but not one to run it, more so when it becomes a solely dedicated to profit company (versus the "noble cause" they started).  He comes across as the guy who runs the FLGS for shits and giggles, not to make a massive conglomerate to dominate the market.

It's obvious after the bigger publisher partnerships, deals with Best Buy, buying a store, and the new retro line that LRG is in the growth for growths' sake portion of their life and Doug might not be a great fit for that.  That's more an indictment of for profit corporations, not him, to be clear.

It could be quite easily he was the fly in the ointment saying "hey, why don't we do fun releases and chill on this stuff?" and the corpos found anything they could to force him out.  Not like I haven't seen crap people pull the same.

I guess that's my way of saying both perspectives can be true.  I never jived with the "I'm not the CEO,..." sort of weasel words he used to side step obvious issues (one's that an outsider with manufacturing experience can easily see), but hopefully dude finds a good gig in a more "just vibes" type organization.  Do something like dunkey is doing with BIGMODE perhaps?

For me, LRG needs to be getting those retro titles with belabored IP rights or absurd aftermarket costs ($1000+) on rare(r) systems (SegaCD/Sega Saturn/3DO/Jaguar/Famicom Disk, etc.).  Do the big deals to make the money, but get back to really delivering gamer desired classics.  Stop with the $1.99 eShop shovelware releases. 

For me, LRG needs to be getting those retro titles with belabored IP rights or absurd aftermarket costs ($1000+) on rare(r) systems (SegaCD/Sega Saturn/3DO/Jaguar/Famicom Disk, etc.). Do the big deals to make the money, but get back to really delivering gamer desired classics. Stop with the $1.99 eShop shovelware releases.
^ This

100% this

Stop with the $1.99 eShop shovelware releases.
Those shitball titles are the only reason why LRG was able to grow to the point where it is. Not really, but it is definitely the reason they're the most prolific publisher in game history.

Announcing announcements for something I probably won't see for another 6-18 months.

Classic.
Listen... Josh is a busy man.... he's busy posting all the games he's buying with our interest free loans "pre-orders" money.

With Embracer shutting down one of their larger devs (Volition), can’t help but wonder who’s next. And if they axe LRG at some point, what happens to all the prepaid preorders

With Embracer shutting down one of their larger devs (Volition), can’t help but wonder who’s next. And if they axe LRG at some point, what happens to all the prepaid preorders
Well probably just get our money back. Otherwise they're opening themselves up to a lawsuit. It's not like they can afford to defend that.

Those shitball titles are the only reason why LRG was able to grow to the point where it is. Not really, but it is definitely the reason they're the most prolific publisher in game history.
I really think they are reaching a tipping point on all those shitty games and are burning too many people out.

There’s a local game store that posts pics of trade ins of games to get people in the store. Used to be you’d just rarely see a LRG traded in. Recently I’m seeing stacks with half the games from LRG. People are tapping out on buying and offloading.

Recently I’m seeing stacks with half the games from LRG. People are tapping out on buying and offloading.
I would bet certain ones will still be in higher demand, such as specific VNs, RPGs, Shantae, etc., but a lot of bloatware, likely still in cellophane, will not be worth the original asking price soon.

I would bet certain ones will still be in higher demand, such as specific VNs, RPGs, Shantae, etc., but a lot of bloatware, likely still in cellophane, will not be worth the original asking price soon.
I've got like 50 LRG PS4 releases, mostly from before they started listing a ton of open pre-orders at once, and regret it all so much. Firewatch is the only LRG game I have that I'd say actually shot up in value, then there's like 4-5 that are decently over original cost, but the rest... all I see are tons of unsold listings.

I've got like 50 LRG PS4 releases, mostly from before they started listing a ton of open pre-orders at once, and regret it all so much. Firewatch is the only LRG game I have that I'd say actually shot up in value, then there's like 4-5 that are decently over original cost, but the rest... all I see are tons of unsold listings.
Why do you regret them? Did you buy them merely for speculation/ value?
I too have quite a few of their early PS4 games but since they are interesting titles, I'm happy that I do.

But yeah, from a sentimental point of view it's a bit of shame that most of them are not enticing for collectors at all.

That being said, the limprint honeymoon is over anyway, not just aftermarket LRG. A friend of mine is desperately trying to unload the big CE of "Cotton Reboot" for Switch, from SLG, with the game still sealed. It was 80€ new, he's at 44€ now, I think, and still no takers. It's a bit depressing but the market is totally saturated on almost all levels.

Why do you regret them? Did you buy them merely for speculation/ value?
I too have quite a few of their early PS4 games but since they are interesting titles, I'm happy that I do.

But yeah, from a sentimental point of view it's a bit of shame that most of them are not enticing for collectors at all.

That being said, the limprint honeymoon is over anyway, not just aftermarket LRG. A friend of mine is desperately trying to unload the big CE of "Cotton Reboot" for Switch, from SLG, with the game still sealed. It was 80€ new, he's at 44€ now, I think, and still no takers. It's a bit depressing but the market is totally saturated on almost all levels.
I barely have time to game anymore so I'd say 20% of my gaming purchases are for play and the other 80% are for collecting purposes, not necessarily as an investment but simply because I like the aspect of collecting with a "eh... not gonna help be retire but I could prob get my money back if I ever decide to get rid of it" (so you won't see me buying annual sports games but I might buy the occasional shovelware if it's cheap enough). Hence the regret with so many of my LRG purchases- can't even get my money back on them.

I quickly about-face on LRG and other limited print stuffs last year or so and sold most off.

If I had the game digitally, and it wasn't a specific special title (ex. SRPGs), out it went.

My collection is routinely pruned. Part of me could easily sell it all and go digital, but that's also wasteful, a lot of work, and I do like the visual library.

As long as you have space and like the games, I see no hurt, but I'd look to get out from under some of the games if they're soley dust collectors. Prices are falling, even some of the top GameCube games are getting much cheaper. Glad I waited for Chibi Robo and Path of Radiance. I'll prob make some bucks selling my Baten Kaitos once the Switch bundle comes in and make sure it isn't busted.

I barely have time to game anymore so I'd say 20% of my gaming purchases are for play and the other 80% are for collecting purposes, not necessarily as an investment but simply because I like the aspect of collecting with a "eh... not gonna help be retire but I could prob get my money back if I ever decide to get rid of it" (so you won't see me buying annual sports games but I might buy the occasional shovelware if it's cheap enough). Hence the regret with so many of my LRG purchases- can't even get my money back on them.
I see. And that's a sentiment I can share, actually. While I try to play a lot more than 20% of my games, it is indeed a good feeling to be able to sell everything with little to no loss, even if it's just in theory. That goes for retail stuff as well as limited, and therefore it's a sad sight to behold when LRG titles plummet in value or don't even find buyers at all.

In those early days of LRG I was pretty sure that given their rarity in print numbers and general obscuristy, pretty much every game would become somewhat interesting to collectors in the long run. Never bought anything with the intention to sell but making those purchases felt good, on several levels. Of course many people thought so, hence the scalpers.

I dwveloped first doubts about that rather early on with the release of "Lost Sea" but hey, super small print numbers, even that game will at least hold its initial value, right?

…..my personal eye-opener was when LRG sold "Nex Machina" and "Crawl" for 9.99$ all of a sudden. Didn't change anything about my purchase habits but that was the moment I understood that most of these games will never have any collector value, not even talking about monetary value. Even if you print only 1.000 copies, and it usually at least double that, the group of hardcore collectors seems to be rather in the mid triple-digits.

I mean, even now, look at what Red Art Games is doing. Making a mere 300 copies of their games a Deluxe Variant, the rest is shipped off to Amazon and whatnot, and even those 300 copies never sell out. That's ….saying a lot.

The other half of supply is demand.

It's pretty easy to see some releases on Steam, which arguably has a larger install base than the Switch, and they print titles with double or triple digit reviews.

Even if they're highly rated indie titles, it's not like the market demand is there. More so when you can the game bundled or 75% off on the regular.

And don't get me started on some of the really odd games, like limited rare, the obviously pervy trash (Perky Little Things), and meme games.

No slight towards H/18+ game enjoyers, but we all know that market is super, super small and, if it exists, there's more popular/better games. And it's not like LRG is going to publish Rance... (lol)

I really hope that LRG is serious about changing course because, A, it means better stuff for us and B, I hope they, too, can see the obvious winds changing. Cozying up with bigger publishers is part of that, I bet.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1698002156979187961?s=20
The final form of pretentiousness. Announcements for announcements.

Yep. I think I had my Ebay batch listed for about 18 months before someone finally bought the lot.

Wait till folks find out how little that people actually care about this stuff in a few years lmao

For my money, anyway, the concern is less "will Embracer kill LRG?" -- which I don't think is likely, at least not in the near future -- so much as Embracer's troubles making it more difficult/impossible for LRG to shore up what's not working.

I'm not sure how they solve the shipping problem without (a) having fewer things to ship for a while or (b) bringing on more people to ship 'em, and either one of those is gonna come at a steep cost.

I quickly about-face on LRG and other limited print stuffs last year or so and sold most off.

If I had the game digitally, and it wasn't a specific special title (ex. SRPGs), out it went.

My collection is routinely pruned. Part of me could easily sell it all and go digital, but that's also wasteful, a lot of work, and I do like the visual library.

As long as you have space and like the games, I see no hurt, but I'd look to get out from under some of the games if they're soley dust collectors. Prices are falling, even some of the top GameCube games are getting much cheaper. Glad I waited for Chibi Robo and Path of Radiance. I'll prob make some bucks selling my Baten Kaitos once the Switch bundle comes in and make sure it isn't busted.
I was fortunate to jump in on path of radiance and radiant dawn and shadow dragon before fire emblem Awakening caused the huge surge in popularity and prices.

Everything has gone down since the huge covid bubble and the extra money people were getting ended while during unemployment. A year or so ago p3p was going for 300-400+ and path of radiance 700-1000. It was bonkers.

Everything has gone down since the huge covid bubble and the extra money people were getting ended while during unemployment. A year or so ago p3p was going for 300-400+ and path of radiance 700-1000. It was bonkers.
I'm so sad I didn't get to dump my games during that time... It was one thing after another.

just bought the castlevania advance collection aria of sorrow cover.... now to play the real game. the waiting game.

I really hope that LRG is serious about changing course because, A, it means better stuff for us and B, I hope they, too, can see the obvious winds changing. Cozying up with bigger publishers is part of that, I bet.
I don’t know if a big publisher would want to take a risk with them. You don’t want your brand tarnished because the company you chose to partner with has a big backlog. They’d have to give concessions which I frankly don’t think LRG wants to give.

Devolver, iam8bit, and Fangamer all publish indie games yet still manage to get their games into a relatively wide release. You can get their games without paying for them 1 year or more in advance. I have never bought their games directly from them, but from Target, Best Buy, etc.

Also more games that you’d expect to go the indie publisher route in the US straight up have a Japanese or other Asian release with English. It must cost them less (including less headache) to simply do one run and know that importing is pretty darn easy nowadays. I’m thinking about releases like Ib, Needy Girl Overdose, Unreal Life, Idol Manager, Princess Maker 2, etc. These are all around $30.

The market is changing and I don’t think LRG is able to maneuver fast enough with their huge backlog that they keep adding to.

They Are Billions is fun, but last I played it, you had to play it the game's way or fail. Very much more of a "solve the puzzle" style game versus best it your way.

I don't see how it works on console, TBH.

Um so i’ll give lrg credit, when their stuff ships out it comes way faster than it used to

My vinyl arrives at my house… today

I’ll photo and look it over to see how it spins but my record player’s speaker already is packed away, so I probably wont be able to hear sound quality for a few weeks, but as long as it’s intact it should be good to go

The other half of supply is demand.

It's pretty easy to see some releases on Steam, which arguably has a larger install base than the Switch, and they print titles with double or triple digit reviews.

Even if they're highly rated indie titles, it's not like the market demand is there. More so when you can the game bundled or 75% off on the regular.

And don't get me started on some of the really odd games, like limited rare, the obviously pervy trash (Perky Little Things), and meme games.

No slight towards H/18+ game enjoyers, but we all know that market is super, super small and, if it exists, there's more popular/better games. And it's not like LRG is going to publish Rance... (lol)

I got the HD as well but I learned my lesson with Symphonia and I will keep my 2 US Baiten Kaitos, plus those are in English.

Um so i’ll give lrg credit, when their stuff ships out it comes way faster than it used to

I’ll photo and look it over to see how it spins but my record player’s speaker already is packed away, so I probably wont be able to hear sound quality for a few weeks, but as long as it’s intact it should be good to go
And thus the long saga has come to an end. At least you got it before you had to move!

So close... not going to feel relief though till you look it over and see it's good.

This is literally the third time they've sold Tetris Effect, so much for clearing out their backlog and being selective on releases.

bread's done
Back