Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Maybe they meant they're slowing down on when they ship your CE? As in it'll take longer now...
I just want my NGPC Vol. 2 already! Otherwise I'll have to go back to playing all the original carts on my actual NGPC with the new IPS screen. (Though my Cardfighters save disappeared the last time I played. 20+ year save, gone).

I've been holding out that they would add something worth wild to pair up with the Castlevania Advance Collection release in four weeks preorder window.  Looks like I was wrong. I have no interest in Jurassic Park and I have Quake 2 on gamepass and I bought a copy for $4 for steam deck.

I'm really interested in the Xbox release but I'm sure I can get it digital for under $5 if I just wait so I think I will just get it on Switch.  I bought the Contra and Castlevania Collections on Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been holding out that they would add something worth wild to pair up with the Castlevania Advance Collection release in four weeks preorder window. Looks like I was wrong. I have no interest in Jurassic Park and I have Quake 2 on gamepass and I bought a copy for $4 for steam deck.

I'm really interested in the Xbox release but I'm sure I can get it digital for under $5 if I just wait so I think I will just get it on Switch. I bought the Contra and Castlevania Collections on Switch.
Yeah, same, I was going to do the Xbox release as well. But I've been playing it on Game Pass, and even though I've played a handful of similar games in recent years, including Quake I, I'm not the biggest fan of this type of FPS.

I still have my old school PC big box games from the 90's and early 00's (at least for now).  IF I really want to play Quake or Doom or whatever, I'm fine with a modern digital version on the cheap or breaking out dosbox.

I'm just going to assume SeafoamGaming didn't come back to conclude the long awaited record saga final episode because he's still out celebrating the end of his dealings with LRG.

party-gif-5.gif

I'm just going to assume SeafoamGaming didn't come back to conclude the long awaited record saga final episode because he's still out celebrating the end of his dealings with LRG.

party-gif-5.gif
Aha, but yes, I did get it yesterday! Filmed a private unboxing in case it was another BMZ3 bit (where having me opening it with damage already on it would be handy) but thankfully it wasn't. Everything was bubble wrapped surprisingly well and the CE I forgot I ordered with it also came in good shape too. Tested that CE'S CD set and yeah that all works fine, and all the vinyl look to be in excellent shape with no visible damage on the outer sleeves. Very nifty design and build quality too, so a big step up from the Double Dragon IV vinyl which was my last LRG-branded Vinyl buy. (and that was a very slim 1LP for quite frankly, not a good game so I wasn't surprise it was a bit plain)

fSTaFf5.jpg

byp659X.jpg

bH1rrgn.jpg

0HmNnrs.jpg

But yeah, all pending orders clear, all done before my move, arrived in about six days from shipping out (including a holiday weekend)... I say that's a good ship to arrival time, but absolutely a bad warehouse to ship time, which doesn't surprise me. Least I'm able to tap out now and if somehow LRG got a must own world exclusive game I'd either go digital or just wait for VGP to stock it, since my backlog is more than big enough to last me a good while even after slimming down my limprint collection. I still only beat like, 2 of the NGPC Vol 1 games to completion!

i'm f r e e

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1699821403330035916?s=20
Did we know LRG was handling the physical release of this before? I don't remember so. That steelbook is pretty cool, but, huh, not for $70. Actually, after watching the launch trailer earlier today, the new version does not look great. There's very few animations and movement does not look smooth.

Did we know LRG was handling the physical release of this before? I don't remember so. That steelbook is pretty cool, but, huh, not for $70. Actually, after watching the launch trailer earlier today, the new version does not look great. There's very few animations and movement does not look smooth.
Yes, they mentioned it in their E3 style press conference a while back and a place holder has been in the coming soon section of the store since then.

Everything was bubble wrapped surprisingly well and the CE I forgot I ordered with it also came in good shape too.
Well that explains the delay. I'm surprised you didn't catch this. Their packing process is to handle single items first and then complex orders second. So the CE pushed your priority to the end of processing the records.

But hey, you are done... out... free... so water under the bridge. :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Hopefully though others learn that combining items is only for the most patient of purchasers.

Alright, I'm sorry, I just...can't really wrap my head around this. For the $70 classic edition, it's the game, the steelbook, a Disney-style VHS tape outer box and a hollow, "VHS tape?" Is that what this is? A non-functional piece of plastic shaped like a VHS tape? Why? Do they hate the earth so they produce all this junk? Did anyone ask for this? Why can't it just be the game and steelbook? They've done that in the past.

I know all these questions are rhetorical, but these decisions are so mind-numbingly stupid! Only a mind-numbingly stupid person would understand them!

I interpreted it to mean the game & steelbook got into the VHS tape box, which then goes into the white clamshell. As opposed to the standalone metal display N64 carts they've done for other games. But who knows. The pic doesn't really make it clear

I interpreted it to mean the game & steelbook got into the VHS tape box, which then goes into the white clamshell. As opposed to the standalone metal display N64 carts they've done for other games. But who knows. The pic doesn't really make it clear
You're probably right, and, yeah, the pic nor the listing on LRG's website are helpful. It's still ridiculous.

Why can't it just be the game and steelbook?
I don't get why they don't make a version where the steelbook is the box for the game and there isn't a separate plastic box. I'm sure it has something to do with esrb ratings and packaging requirements... but it still seems odd to me that people get steel books separate from the stand alone game packaging. This one isn't even that remarkable looking.

I love the idea of the game and a steelbook. I bought Ministry of Broadcast because it was just the game and the steelbook in a simple box. It's a great looking steelbook too.

[attachment=38169:Ministry-Of-Broadcast_Physical.jpg]

Thanks for the defense. As you all pointed out he is wrong about what happened. Not sure who his sources are but they clearly didn’t know.

Sure would be nice if he could just stop thinking about me.

Got new stuff in the works and I’ve been focused on that.

Well that explains the delay. I'm surprised you didn't catch this. Their packing process is to handle single items first and then complex orders second. So the CE pushed your priority to the end of processing the records.

But hey, you are done... out... free... so water under the bridge. :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Hopefully though others learn that combining items is only for the most patient of purchasers.
Raise your hand if you're not free from LRG yet. :wave:

Thanks for the defense. As you all pointed out he is wrong about what happened. Not sure who his sources are but they clearly didn’t know.

Nice to see you still popping in!

Shouldn't you change your name here, since you're no longer affiliated with LimitedRun?

I hope your new venture is to enter new contracts with publishers to reprint LRG games. You can call your new company SpitefulRunGames.

I still have the PS4 version of Shin Chan in-progress, which was was my first (and, so far, only) LRG order since 2020. I’ve picked up other LRG releases since then through Best Buy and Amazon, though.

With the types of games I usually go for, and the fact that I’m not really a collector’s edition type of guy, the titles I’d want would probably be available through other channels. I believe in what LRG does and am definitely up for supporting their releases where it makes sense, but I’d rather wait until those titles are at Best Buy, Amazon, VGP, etc. — or import comparable editions from PlayAsia or wherever — than deal with ordering directly.

I can’t say I’ll never order from LRG again, but with things as they are now, it’d have to be a game I really want that I don’t think I could get a physical copy of any other way. (My first LRG title was the Vita edition of SMRPG, so I’ve been there very close to the beginning!)

I'm tempted by gargoyles and castelvania advance collection.  Years ago these would be a no brainers but I'm not sure I can do it now.  I'm still waiting on my sam and max order from may 2022...

I've still got a ton of orders at LRG... oldest being Shantae PS5 fan bundle. 

And prob gonna continue because I'm thinking I'm in for Castlevania Advance Collection. 

I’m still waiting on 2 orders from fall of 2022. One of which is the steel book version of radiant silvergun. I don’t expect either until Q1 of 2024. A year and a half for both orders it seems. Worst was my Castlevania order which took 2 years.

Yet every week I see a flood of either Kemco RPGS (I would love to see sales figures on these) or 10 different SKUS of a weekly release that’s just gonna further delay my order.

I’ve cut my orders from them in half. They are not getting better, they are getting worr. They constantly lie and give false statements of “they hear us” only serves to drive me further away from them. Actions speak louder than words. Their excuses and statements are just noise now.

Um…I'm not. Nor do I want to be. :)

Despite all their troubles my enjoyment of their products far outweighs any negatives, for me personally. I'm all for massive improvements on their end, but as of now, I'm good.

That being said, I have ordered relatively few games from them lately. "Castlevania Advance" and "Scarlet Symphony" most recently, June had "Stellatum" and "Buddy Simulator 1984", but not a single thing in July. May also had only a single order, with "Heart in the Woods" and the "Gimmick!" CE.

So that's noticably less than in the past. I'm not complaining though, Amazon Japan is murdering my wallet this year :)

Um…I'm not. Nor do I want to be. :)

Despite all their troubles my enjoyment of their products far outweighs any negatives, for me personally. I'm all for massive improvements on their end, but as of now, I'm good.

That being said, I have ordered relatively few games from them lately. "Castlevania Advance" and "Scarlet Symphony" most recently, June had "Stellatum" and "Buddy Simulator 1984", but not a single thing in July. May also had only a single order, with "Heart in the Woods" and the "Gimmick!" CE.
So that's noticably less than in the past. I'm not complaining though, Amazon Japan is murdering my wallet this year :)
I am just happy to eventually get physical copies of games; in for Castlevania and Quake ii. I think this is my first order since the new years sale. I had meant to get the boy and his blob collection and spaced it. I actually need to double check my closed orders to make sure I have everything. Back to the waiting game. I honestly never thought I would own the Castlevania games on this collection so I am happy. Will be a nice surprise when I get the shipping confirmation...

Geez. Even though it's, unfortunately, no surprise, that's still ridiculous.
I submitted a support ticket last night because it has been in Ready state for multiple months and got this reply:

"Thank you for reaching out.

Please keep in mind, we recently migrated to a new shipping software causing several titles to be ready at the same time. We are currently shipping out over 100 titles at one time. We are doing our best to get these orders out to you as soon as possible.

Please bear with us.

If your particular item is showing as 'ready' you should receive automatic tracking information as soon as that order ships.

We appreciate your patience. It’ll be worth the wait when it arrives!"

:headache:

I have four open orders now.

One big one being held up by Enclave HD on PS5. That also has Oceanhorn 2 and River City 2 for Switch

The Last Spell on PS5

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon and Trip World for Switch

Castlevania Advance Collection for Switch

I was considering the Gargoyles Remaster. It is a neat release but I've never played the original and watching some footage it doesn't seem that great and it looks like you can beat it in under and hour.

My current plan is to be done with LRG with the release of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron but I will keep following them and if they release something I have interest in I will consider making a purchase.

Free from outstanding orders. But it's nice to stay informed on all physical game releases from all publishers. If they have a game I really feel like I need to own physical, I'll still give them business. But right now...

run-forrest-puppet.gif

Embracer making cuts every month at this rate, don't these guys own LRG?
LRG is under the Embracer umbrella, yeah.

I don't think we've heard anything about LRG being hit by the layoffs we've seen at some other Embracer properties. Dunno if that's because LRG has been spared thus far or if word just hasn't broken yet. Embracer is core to LRG's plans for European distribution later this year; they'll be using Embracer warehouses for fulfillment.

It's kind of interesting Gearbox got bought and there's a chance they'll spin back off as an independent studio.  I'd imagine that's with creating a huge debt load.

I don't think we've heard anything about LRG being hit by the layoffs we've seen at some other Embracer properties. Dunno if that's because LRG has been spared thus far or if word just hasn't broken yet. Embracer is core to LRG's plans for European distribution later this year; they'll be using Embracer warehouses for fulfillment.
LRG might actually make sense to keep given their free loan model and Embracer likely have better access to supply chains (given they own other publishers).

Gearbox, I feel like is on the downward trend in terms of developer... seems like they were huge during the PS3/360 days and have been waning off since then.

Also just realized that I placed a large Castlevania Advance order last night and didn't use one of my 5% coupons... fucking fuck.

Good point, the COO left the company in the middle of these Embracer layoffs so I wonder if Doug was a part of that so LRG was potentially already hit by these layoffs. Even though a good 90% of criticism that went his way was unwarranted IMO.

I would think Embracer would have to enter bankruptcy first for that to be financially viable. They'd probably want too much for LRG until then.

I'd say LRG might be safe, but Gearbox and Volition happened so fast to the public's eye, so who knows.

I would hope that LRG is financially separate from the other Embracer group elements.

I'd be more worried about LRG being so heavily leveraged in pre-ordered stuffs, price fluctuations, and some costs in physical stuffs that other companies don't have.

I said it before and I will say it again, I think Doug saw the writing on the wall once Embracer joined and was like "NOPE. Im out"

Good for him for making the right decision to leave as well as having the foresight to know sh!t hit the fan and its only going to get worse

bread's done
Back