Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I followed up with "Please send me this order before any younger order of mine."

My buddy Erica responded today with:

"I hope you're having a good day!

We do apologize about that! It appears that your order had been initially missed from the first pull. I have now marked yours to be shipped and it should be added to the queue to ship out in the next few weeks! Please note we're not able to see where exactly in the queue a specific order is to give a precise estimate. Once the team is working on the batch containing your shipment you'll receive a confirmation email with your tracking number automatically. Please keep an eye out for that email."

We'll see. I expected the answer to either be a) "No" or b) "Sure, but you won't get anything until the queue is down so expect your February 2022 order to arrive in December ... 2024 and all your younger stuff even later."
Really, LRG's entire shipping operating is just amazing. These mysterious "queues" that are so incredibly inflexible and and insurmountable. It is ridiculous that they admit they made a mistake and somehow their "queue" system managed to miss your order from the "first pull" (LOL). To make up for their mistake they might ship it out.... in the next few weeks! Few weeks? Way to make up for a mistake. How hard is it for someone to go grab it and ship it? I picture alarms going off because the almighty "queue" has been violated. No alarm went off when they missed the item on the "first pull".

Really, LRG's entire shipping operating is just amazing. These mysterious "queues" that are so incredibly inflexible and and insurmountable. It is ridiculous that they admit they made a mistake and somehow their "queue" system managed to miss your order from the "first pull" (LOL). To make up for their mistake they might ship it out.... in the next few weeks! Few weeks? Way to make up for a mistake. How hard is it for someone to go grab it and ship it? I picture alarms going off because the almighty "queue" has been violated. No alarm went off when they missed the item on the "first pull".
I suspect it's because the entire warehouse and/or process is so poorly defined that they have a hard time recouping one order without potential dorking up another.

It's not like they're working with serialized parts that require 100% tracking (lol, they'd be screwed if so...).

Their PR department outgrew their logistics department by several fold. I bet they have to prioritize these big Konami releases over their other products as part of their contract(s), also why you could see such a delay on certain items.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to give LRG a tiny amount of credit on Plumbers Don't Wear Ties advertising when they say to make room in your closet and then list out all the junk they are selling for it.  At least they realize that is the destination for most of that stuff if it even sells.

That said, I'd probably be down for a digital copy for a couple bucks just for the laughs of playing something so odd in the fmv genre.

The only thing I've come up with is the LRG shipping department changed to a Last In First Out model. As a new game arrives, LRG ships it out over older items, which would work if they shipped more than they received from manufacturing. Unfortunately, new items are arriving faster than they can ship so orders from the first shipping system are never or rarely getting reached.

Nah, the shipping department is probably just not organized at all.

They also prioritize shipping single game orders first, which means the customers who buy the most stuff get constantly pushed to the end of the line

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. I just got an LRG email saying the Genesis games are now part of the Jurassic Park collection? Did they just...forget or something before?

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. I just got an LRG email saying the Genesis games are now part of the Jurassic Park collection? Did they just...forget or something before?
Last minute license deal they didn't want to promise early? All product pages have been updated. I really do need to buy the different versions then! Also, digital release on Nov 22

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1703816480373010449

I wish this had come in before I placed my order for Castlevania. BUT! This is not a numbered release, so hopefully Amazon or VGP get them relatively quick too.

I wonder why they took so long to include Genesis games in the collection. The tinfoil hat theorist in me thinks they were originally trying to spin it off as a separate release but caved due to low sales. More realistically though it just seems like they're continuing the trend of mild-to-moderate incompetence and flying by the seat of their pants.

They just sent me a shipping notice for a set of games I received in May, but with a new tracking number. Is their system so messed up that they are sending me 2nd copies?
Here's the follow up. I just received a 2nd set of games for this order.

The order was for Switch standard versions of River City Girls 2 and Valis Collection 2. They shipped my order in May so I've had these for months now. My order shows the tracking number for the May shipment but the order status was never updated to "fulfilled" until last week when I finally received an automated shipping notice for this order, but with a different tracking number. Today it arrived, again.

Of course they can't be bothered to ship my Switch copy of Akka Arrh which has been "ready" for about 3 months now.

Just got an order from early Sept 2022.  Been waiting on DOTT forever, hopefully it's as fun as I remember.  I think Shontae was holding up this order, glad it finally arrived.

A properly working fulfillment system.
LMAO

Unless its something crazy like a Working Design published game or something crazy like reprinting some very expensive game $$$$$, im keeping my expectations real low

An over hyped, underwhelming title.
Yes. Something that excites Gen X'ers or boomers. A remake or port of an old NES or PC game nobody cares about anymore. Literally the target audience for this will probably be MetalJesusRocks type of a guy.

I just realized going through my orders that I’ve got a missing single order game as well. Monster Train is showing ready and the product page says they’ve all shipped but I don’t have it.

Yes. Something that excites Gen X'ers or boomers. A remake or port of an old NES or PC game nobody cares about anymore. Literally the target audience for this will probably be MetalJesusRocks type of a guy.
Or it's an NES de-make flash game that got ported around three times and is on Steam for $0.89.

I actually expect they will have something that some group of people (maybe even some of you) will get excited for.  Like the rumored possibly new Castlevania that's supposed to be revealed this week (maybe tomorrow?) at TGS.  BUT, I'm kind of over a lot of the retro remakes/ports... even for obscure stuff like Snatcher, I'm good... and even something like Castlevania... if it's just a port or remake/update... I'm fine.   Like this whole collection of Jurassic Park games is a complete miss for me but it got some of you guys hyped.  I have no hype for those games... even the good ones.  I'd just emulate them myself if I really wanted to play them.

So my bar is extremely high.

But if I had to guess, it's going to be Castlevania.

Everyone knows that it will be one of the rarest and most sought-after game of all time which I for one am so excited for.....

51Fs+alNNOL.jpg

Wow my order of Batora PS5 from this July is now shipping, in addition to my American Hero on PS5 from last year.

Still 3 2022 CE's (2 PS5, 1 Switch) in the ether plus now the Castlevania Advance CE on XBox.

Anyone else having issues with Strictly Limited Games ? I have 3 orders from them unfulfilled. Two are a year old, and one of the orders is from Oct of 2021 ! That’s 2 years old ! I message them and they just say “expect Q4 shipment date” WTF it’s 2 years ! I ordered the Abarenbo collectors edition.

Anyone else having issues with Strictly Limited Games ? I have 3 orders from them unfulfilled. Two are a year old, and one of the orders is from Oct of 2021 ! That’s 2 years old ! I message them and they just say “expect Q4 shipment date” WTF it’s 2 years ! I ordered the Abarenbo collectors edition.
Strictly Limited Games makes LRG look like a well-oiled machine. It's best just to forget you ordered anything from them and be surprised if you're still alive when it shows up.

I have two open order from them one is a year old with Drainus and Ray'Z Arcade. This one I know is waiting for Ray'z as Drainus finished production a while ago. I placed this order because they provided a 15% off discount code.

The other order is a recent order for Tiny Thor and Steel Empire Chronicles. I placed this order because of free shipping promotion over the summer. I don't expect these any time soon.

My longest outstanding order is with Special Reserve for Broforce. I've been waiting two years and two months for this one.

I have a few open orders with Strictly, but I won't be ordering from them direct ever again, due to the lengthy waits. VGP always gets Strictly releases in (not the butchered versions Amazon gets that are missing games thanks to ININ), and I've gotten a few VGP releases that way.

bread's done
Back