Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Someone is selling a physical copy of Revenge of the Bird King for PSVITA on the unofficial LRG Facebook group.  Says they got it from a very special friend.

They're asking $900 for it.

Kinda super mega dirty, IMO.

No more waiting: Introducing Speedrun
To address the waiting time and enhance your satisfaction, we're launching a trial initiative called Speedrun. With Speedrun, we'll invest all necessary development efforts upfront to ensure immediate shipping. These releases will be in stock, eliminating the need for pre-orders. We believe this will significantly improve the experience for our loyal customers.
From the SRG blogpost.

Is this how far things have fallen? That having GAMES IN STOCK WHEN YOU SELL THEM is labeled a fancy new TRIAL INITIATIVE called SPEEDRUN? Are you fucking kidding?

Strictly continues to be hands down the worst limited print company out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that post too and was trying to figure out if it showed up in blind boxes or something
They claim they got it from a very good friend, but wouldn't elaborate.

I don't blame the seller for getting theirs regarding the sale, but crazy LRG lets some slip into the wild so that they can be bought at outrageous pricing. And that they're sitting on them because "fear of backlash" is just absurd.

Someone is selling a physical copy of Revenge of the Bird King for PSVITA on the unofficial LRG Facebook group. Says they got it from a very special friend.

They're asking $900 for it.

Kinda super mega dirty, IMO.
This is 100% how I’ve expected it would go. They’re gonna get trickled out to friends of people with access to them “it’s a promo” then someday when Josh finally leaves the company the box of copies is gonna go with him and be slowly sold Vic Ireland-style by him personally.

They’re never gonna make good on their offer, and it’s absolutely pathetic because the Vita collectors are what built that company.

From the SRG blogpost.

Is this how far things have fallen? That having GAMES IN STOCK WHEN YOU SELL THEM is labeled a fancy new TRIAL INITIATIVE called SPEEDRUN? Are you fucking kidding?

Strictly limited is the worst because they have taken a difficult choice and make the worst possible decision. The open pre-order model obviously creates very long shipping times, but at least it means you don't have to deal with scalpers and limited stock. you can get what you want. The alternative is having limited stock and running the risk of scalpers and the other nonsense of low print runs. SRG somehow has limited stock and long wait times, which is absurd.

They claim they got it from a very good friend, but wouldn't elaborate.

I don't blame the seller for getting theirs regarding the sale, but crazy LRG lets some slip into the wild so that they can be bought at outrageous pricing. And that they're sitting on them because "fear of backlash" is just absurd.
Josh as a collector is all about being a 100% completionist. Josh as a business owner is always shocked that people get annoyed that LRG is holding back confirmed releases (sitting on Super Meat Boy for Vita for years; still no word on when people can get ROTBK).

I guess as long as his personal collection is 100%, nothing else matters

From the SRG blogpost.

Strictly limited is the worst because they have taken a difficult choice and make the worst possible decision. The open pre-order model obviously creates very long shipping times, but at least it means you don't have to deal with scalpers and limited stock. you can get what you want. The alternative is having limited stock and running the risk of scalpers and the other nonsense of low print runs. SRG somehow has limited stock and long wait times, which is absurd.
I think Strictly Limited games are still limited to a maximum number of copies even with a preorder so honestly this makes sense to me. Get the items in stock and then sell them. They haven't sold out of a release quickly in a long while that I was interested in. You can still order Tiny Thor and Steel Empire Chronicles. Two games I ordered from them in August.

I am disappointed that Ray'z Arcade was delayed until 2024 since I ordered that one with Drainus and I know that is finished and available. I'm super excited to play Drainus since it is inspired by Gradius and Lifeforce.

In my opinion the worst limited style published is and will always be Special Reserve Games.
I still don't have a copy of BroForce.

I was coming in here to post about Strictly's announcement too. I haven't ordered from them in a while, but the few orders I still have are ones now pushed to 2024, and a couple of those were supposed to be out in the summer (especially Ray's since all other releases of that game are out now I think). Oy. I already made the decision to never buy from them directly again, or at least not unless it's one of their sales or free shipping promos when something is in stock. When it's in stock, it does ship and get to me quick.

I was coming in here to post about Strictly's announcement too. I haven't ordered from them in a while, but the few orders I still have are ones now pushed to 2024, and a couple of those were supposed to be out in the summer (especially Ray's since all other releases of that game are out now I think). Oy. I already made the decision to never buy from them directly again, or at least not unless it's one of their sales or free shipping promos when something is in stock. When it's in stock, it does ship and get to me quick.
That is the only reason I placed my two orders with them. A $15off sale (Ray'z and Drainus) and free shipping promotion (Tiny Thor and Steel Empire Chronicles).

They're planning to sell/distribute through Amazon soon (starting in Europe, eventually in US too), so hopefully that will become a more reliable option

They're planning to sell/distribute through Amazon soon (starting in Europe, eventually in US too), so hopefully that will become a more reliable option
Nice. Video Games Plus is also a solid place to get their games. VGP is a solid place to get any of these limited and/or indie games.

Three questions

1) Did anyone find the JP Retro Collection at retail?

2) I see three Collector's Editions of the old JP games (NES, SNES, GB) which say "Collect all 5 retro collector's edition to complete the set". What are the other two posters included in?

3) Was the Xbox version of TMNT Shredder's Revenge Anniversary Edition canceled? It says sold out unlike the others which can still be ordered, and Amazon / BB don't have it listed.

xbox - https://limitedrungames.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-anniversary-edition-xbox-one

PS5 - https://limitedrungames.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-anniversary-edition-ps5

Three questions

2) I see three Collector's Editions of the old JP games (NES, SNES, GB) which say "Collect all 5 retro collector's edition to complete the set". What are the other two posters included in?

3) Was the Xbox version of TMNT Shredder's Revenge Anniversary Edition canceled? It says sold out unlike the others which can still be ordered, and Amazon / BB don't have it listed.

xbox - https://limitedrungames.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-anniversary-edition-xbox-one

PS5 - https://limitedrungames.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-anniversary-edition-ps5
Yes, LRG sent out an e-mail this morning saying the Xbox version was cancelled because the DLC could not be put on the disc due to an "engineering issue".

Yes, LRG sent out an e-mail this morning saying the Xbox version was cancelled because the DLC could not be put on the disc due to an "engineering issue".
Sounds like they couldn't engineer enough people to rebuy the game they released last year.

On a side note, LRG has been sending so many emails, I didn't even see the one saying the Xbox version was cancelled.

Edit: looking back over the emails, I never got that email.

On a side note, LRG has been sending so many emails, I didn't even see the one saying the Xbox version was cancelled.

Edit: looking back over the emails, I never got that email.
Did you order the Xbox version? They sent a discount code in the e-mail for a future purchase, so it likely only went to those that ordered it.

Three questions

1) The JP games will be digital next month. No word on physical releases at other retailers.

2) The Chaos Continues for SNES and GB will go up for order next month likely a few days before the first 3 go away.

Did you order the Xbox version? They sent a discount code in the e-mail for a future purchase, so it likely only went to those that ordered it.
Oh it was only for those that ordered the Xbox version? No I haven't ordered any version. I thought it was just an LRG email.

Yeah, like Bojay said, the email only went out to people who purchased it. I found out about it from social media. A broad statement or email would probably make them look bad(/worse).

Yeah, like Bojay said, the email only went out to people who purchased it. I found out about it from social media. A broad statement or email would probably make them look bad(/worse).
Anything other than honesty makes them look bad/worse. But they're used to not taking that route.

Im baffled why they continued to push on after the initial launch of Xbox games went so poorly. The only thing I can figure is they were locked into contracts.

But really, how can they be surprised, the xbox platform doesn’t foster physical ownership at all. Sure there’s probably collectors out there but a lot less than the other systems.

Can anyone screenshot the email please?
Someone shared these screenshots on LRG's Discord:

Screenshot_20231016_122043_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20231016_122053_Gmail.jpg

Just like opening a physical store during COVID, putting effort in to Xbox physical was a no brainer bad move.

I'm a big game collector and even I sold my Xbox One S because there was no reason to keep it outside of a glorified upres machine for certain older games. Everything that's on it comes to PC or PS, so no point in that either.

It's kinda nuts, but they're seemingly driven by what they think is cool and not what makes sense.

My theory here on the TMNT Shredder's Revenge xbox situation... Josh recently posted that Walmart is dropping Physical Xbox games early next year. Given LRG publishes these games for retail distribution, the loss of Walmart as a customer for this game (again just my theory) took them from easily meeting MOQ to being way below MOQ. Other stores have also cut back on stocking xbox games. So they canned it as it wasn't going to bring in enough to cover the cost on the developers end to combine the content. Especially as I'm sure a lot of folks opted out of buying direct from LRG due to the retail option of the first game... or feel a bit burned from buying this last year only to get another physical version released this year.

It's kinda nuts, but they're seemingly driven by what they think is cool and not what makes sense.
To be fair, outside of those of us that were collecting for it... publishing Vita games didn't make sense when they started. Publishing physical PS4 and Vita games for titles that went free on PS+ or down to as little as $1 on the PlayStation Store didn't make sense. Heck the short life of the Vita, even Sony pushed the system to be more digital by having limited retail presence at most stores ... bundling games as digital codes and pushing PS+ and BC with digital PSP, PS1 Classic, and for a while their mobile phone platform. Much of my physical collection was only able to be built thanks to online shopping and in person at gamestop (though it took visiting a lot of stores to find complete copies of some games). But I easily could have just gone digital only on Vita if not for the horrible prices on storage. So, while I don't have much interest in most of what LRG publishes as it doesn't make sense to me... as long as what they are making meets MOQ and they aren't losing money on it, cool. XBox is kind of hitting that niche level as a platform for physical games that there could be an audience for it. But the games need to be more limited and complete with no other way to get them because otherwise people will just wait... and they can't do this double dipping stuff like with Shredder's Revenge or like what happened with all the different versions of that Power Rangers game or Streets of Rage 4.

My theory here on the TMNT Shredder's Revenge xbox situation... Josh recently posted that Walmart is dropping Physical Xbox games early next year. Given LRG publishes these games for retail distribution, the loss of Walmart as a customer for this game (again just my theory) took them from easily meeting MOQ to being way below MOQ. Other stores have also cut back on stocking xbox games. So they canned it as it wasn't going to bring in enough to cover the cost on the developers end to combine the content. Especially as I'm sure a lot of folks opted out of buying direct from LRG due to the retail option of the first game... or feel a bit burned from buying this last year only to get another physical version released this year.
Stores are cutting back on Xbox games, but they are especially cutting back on non AAA titles. Especially ones that just had a fucking release last year. I mean Walmart could easily see how many of the original release they sold and anybody would figure they’d sell even less this time so Turtles is not worth stocking.

I'm on Xbox mostly and want physical versions of games.  First party shenanigans are less of an issue with them staying on game pass (for me), but I like physical copies of third party games.  I already got the Xbox Radical Edition, so I didn't go after another copy with the DLC. 

I've seen past issues with Xbox games and DLC on the disc, so I doubt it's anything to do with the Walmart rumors.

Whatever the reason is, it doesn't feel like the one Josh gave is the real reason. If it's simply not about hitting MOQ, with or without Walmart, why not just say so? Why lie? What's to gain? Rhetorical questions, maybe, but it's so puzzling to me as someone that runs a company. But a company notwithstanding, I've always found it's better to be honest. Especially if it's something beyond your/their control.

I think all of us that bought physical feel burned. I had a suspicion, given 'Streets of Rage 4,' and got Turtles during a Target B2G1 or B1G1 50%, whichever, earlier this year with gift cards, but I kept it sealed just in case this happened and I needed to sell it.

I wonder if LRG knew about the physical DLC plan when they did the original release, or when they found out?

I would imagine the deal was already in place for the Anniversary Edition of Shredder's Revenge if the first one did well. They have to get contracts done far in advance of anything being announced. Especially since it seems they are doing the same pizza coupons.

I've seen past issues with Xbox games and DLC on the disc, so I doubt it's anything to do with the Walmart rumors.
Yeah, just seemed like two separate things that could be connected. Pure speculation. Maybe it's really just that simple and they didn't have the technical ability to combine the content for xbox on the same disc.

Got an email coupon for 20% off merchandise for Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. Feels like I'm beating a dead horse by saying this, but it really does feel like yet another sign that LRG isn't hitting sales forecasts.

Got an email coupon for 20% off merchandise for Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. Feels like I'm beating a dead horse by saying this, but it really does feel like yet another sign that LRG isn't hitting sales forecasts.
I wonder if there really are people that this will change their mind? I just can't imagine the demand for this merch beyond the few who have some special history with the game. The orders must be super low or this little move just serves to cheese off those that did buy something already.

I would imagine the deal was already in place for the Anniversary Edition of Shredder's Revenge if the first one did well. They have to get contracts done far in advance of anything being announced. Especially since it seems they are doing the same pizza coupons.

Yeah, just seemed like two separate things that could be connected. Pure speculation. Maybe it's really just that simple and they didn't have the technical ability to combine the content for xbox on the same disc.
I haven't heard of this. What other games had issues?

:rofl: Because of course there’s skate decks…

I'm on Xbox mostly and want physical versions of games. First party shenanigans are less of an issue with them staying on game pass (for me), but I like physical copies of third party games. I already got the Xbox Radical Edition, so I didn't go after another copy with the DLC.

If you like physical retail games, Xbox is the last of the three to own.

bread's done
Back