Link's Crossbow Training! Shipped To Stores! $19.99!

Yeah, LCT is pretty awesome. Shame it's not more to it, but then.. it's "Training" AKA training YOU how to use the Zapper :lol:
So it's ok. Few of us played after dinner last night. Good times indeed. Thoygh, Ghost Squad stole the show :D

Really enjoying Link's CT, but I'm not quite sold on the Zapper yet. I played both LCT and RE:UC with it and without it, and 'without' worked better for me both times.

It's probably just symptomatic of the new way of holding it, but I never feel like the reticule is quite as spot-on as it feels sans Zapper.

That aside, it's a nicely sturdy and well-built piece of equipment. For $20 and the game, it's definitely worth the money. Sure, it's just a nice case for holding what you already have, but it's definitely the high quality sort of thing you expect from Nintendo.

[quote name='carthitup']Really enjoying Link's CT, but I'm not quite sold on the Zapper yet. I played both LCT and RE:UC with it and without it, and 'without' worked better for me both times.

It's probably just symptomatic of the new way of holding it, but I never feel like the reticule is quite as spot-on as it feels sans Zapper.

That aside, it's a nicely sturdy and well-built piece of equipment. For $20 and the game, it's definitely worth the money. Sure, it's just a nice case for holding what you already have, but it's definitely the high quality sort of thing you expect from Nintendo.[/quote]

high quality? I've been doing some reading on the Wii Zapper/LCT bundle amd read that it was made with just the casing in mind...no springs, nuthin'

Anyways, I'll still pick it up - I'm a sucker for promos/offers like these

I picked this up on Monday (unfortunately at Circuit City for $25) and spent the better part of Wednesday night/early Thursday morning getting all the platinum medals.

This a very fun, addicting tech demo for the zapper. Not too much to it, but I know I'll go back for more after I get through Ghost Squad.

I do want to go back and check out some of the
secret areas in each mission. I've read a few boards that say you need to hit the scarecrows consecutively and the alternate third area gives you a chance to really boost your score

I didn't know about those. I might actually go back and play it again.

The problem playing this game is that the Zapper hurt my hand. A lot. It needs more of a grip to it. Maybe Nintendo will make some Zapper condoms.

[quote name='EXStrike']There are
alternate third areas?!
[/QUOTE]

That's the rumor. I haven't confirmed it myself, but I've heard that they have something to do with the scarecrows. It could all be fake, but I'm interested in finding out.

This may be complete B.S. since it's off the gamefaqs boards, a poster named skdalu said that Ordon Village, Kakariko Village, and Zora's Domain all have scarecrows that require the following
In the first section, you have to shoot the shield on the scarecrow until you hear the dinging sound, then shoot the inflated head for 1000 points. If you do this successfully, a scarecrow will pop up in the second section. Do the same thing to the second scarecrow, and then you'll move to the alternate area for the third section.

Again, I haven't confirmed this myself, so try this at your own risk!

Do you really need spoilers tags for that? Anyone who reads 5 pages of postings on a game and expects to never read a "spoiler" is either kidding themselves or retarded. We don't need to enable these people.

Just played through all the stages and I have to say it was pretty fun. It took some getting used to, but by the end stages I was having a good time. I still dislike the delayed pointer that they took from ZeldaTP.

Surprisingly, after spending time with the zapper, the trigger doesn't bother me that much, and I actually find it pretty responsive, and the gun feels pretty good in my hands. I do wish they included a Z-trigger option though.

EDIT: I would have been great if this game included more stages like like the last few. Some of those were pretty exciting.

For those who care, I've confirmed that the spoiler I listed above works. It only changes the 3rd portion of the first stage (target practice) for each of the missions I listed, but it does change.

Right, so after spending some... ok, quite a bit... of time with the Zapper on both LCT and RE:UC, I can safely say that I'm a Zapper fan. Once I got used to it, I can't see playing it any other way. Though, now this has the unfortunate side-effect of wanting to make me buy Ghost Squad and spend more money.

Either way, I endorsed the Zapper before I even loved it, so now I endorse it even further.

[quote name='bmulligan']Do you really need spoilers tags for that? Anyone who reads 5 pages of postings on a game and expects to never read a "spoiler" is either kidding themselves or retarded. We don't need to enable these people.[/quote]

...and do you think anybody doesent want a budget shooter to be spoiled? come on people...

[quote name='bmulligan']Do you really need spoilers tags for that? Anyone who reads 5 pages of postings on a game and expects to never read a "spoiler" is either kidding themselves or retarded. We don't need to enable these people.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Some people just jump to the last page of a thread from the thread index to see what the latest is. Spoiler tags take the responsibility off of the browsing user, putting it where it belongs: the author.

What harm does using the spoiler tag do? You have to click your mouse a few more times? Must be rough.

Ah just got platinum medals on all levels, nothing new unlocked. :cry:
It was fun while it lasted, but online leader boards would have done wonders for this game.

[quote name='Lint21']Yes.

Some people just jump to the last page of a thread from the thread index to see what the latest is. Spoiler tags take the responsibility off of the browsing user, putting it where it belongs: the author.

What harm does using the spoiler tag do? You have to click your mouse a few more times? Must be rough.[/QUOTE]

People who are anal about having their games spoiled shouldn't be nosing around in a multiple page forum thread about said game. Would you rummage around in your parent's closets when you know that's where they hide the christmas presents ? I didn't think so.

Got the Zapper & Game yesterday. It was actually more fun than I thought it would be and enjoyed it a lot. A bit on the easy side for me, but enjoyable none-the-less.

I like how that if you shoot the
scarecrows body to 8 and then blow up the head in the first two areas, you can go to a different third area.

I'm really liking the Zapper and the game. I've been using the Zapper (sans plugged in nunchuck) for Sonic & Mario @ the Olympics Skeet Shooting mode

Can someone help me out?
I downloaded the cover art from TheCoverProject. I read the how to guide, and printed it via Paint.net.
It came out BEAUTIFUL.. sorta. Why did the back of it print out, along with the spine...and only HALF of the front cover?! it got cut off because there wasn't any room??

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what to do, and I don't want to experiement with a lot of options because I don't want to waste all of this ink.

:prays: Pleeeeeease help me out! (I just got my official Wii case in the mail today!)

Edit: Looking at the cover against the case..it's big! Like too big!! If anyone has printed out of any these covers.. just lemme know what you did. The Paint.Net tutorial does nothing for me..as this is how things turned out (and I followed it exactly!)

[quote name='lilboo']Edit: Looking at the cover against the case..it's big! Like too big!! If anyone has printed out of any these covers.. just lemme know what you did. The Paint.Net tutorial does nothing for me..as this is how things turned out (and I followed it exactly!)[/QUOTE]

You say you checked the Paint.Net tutorial, but did you try the guide on The Cover Project's page? I haven't tried it, but I have used the Gimp instructions, and it worked for me. Worth a try:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=127.0

Finally opened this up last night. Haven't played the Zelda game, but I gave the Zapper a whirl on Medal of Honor, and my wife tried it on Resident Evil.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't give us anything to do with the wrist strap. It just hangs there. I thought there'd be a place to tuck it (like the GH3 guitars).

[quote name='MisterHand']Finally opened this up last night. Haven't played the Zelda game, but I gave the Zapper a whirl on Medal of Honor, and my wife tried it on Resident Evil.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't give us anything to do with the wrist strap. It just hangs there. I thought there'd be a place to tuck it (like the GH3 guitars).[/quote]

I'm with you on the wrist strap. I haven't tried, but is there a way to get it under where the Nunchuk cord wraps up?

Also, Crosbow training is ridiculously addictive. It's a lot like Wii Sports training in that the game isn't that deep, but you can keep doing it over and over to try for high scores. It's great to compete with friends.

I'm really liking the accesory-game combo. If you buy a Wii, Wii Play, and Wii Zapper you get a Wii, 3 games, an extra Remote, and a Zapper for $320 msrp. That's a pretty good deal. The games aren't super deep, but they do have a lot of replayability. I come back to them more than most of the other games that I have gotten.

[quote name='lilboo']My extra copy of Link's Crossbow Training sold on eBay for $16.01! (+$2 shipping).. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Wow, someone really doesn't want the zapper. :)

[quote name='arcadia67']I'm assuming we can use the Wii Zapper for Resident Evil 4?[/quote]

You'd be assuming incorrectly.

Among other problems... you hold B to ready the weapon, and A to fire. That just isn't going to work with the zapper.

RE4 isn't going to function correctly with the Zapper. No way, no how.

[quote name='arcadia67']I'm assuming we can use the Wii Zapper for Resident Evil 4?[/QUOTE]
Technically, you can use the zapper on any game. But the button placement will be weird since there is no zapper option. Could possible correct for it if there is button configurations.

Has anyone had problems finding this at MSRP? Everywhere in my area except for Best Buy is selling it for $24.99, which I refuse to buy at that price. Of course Best Buy has been sold out while the other stores have had copies.

How can they do that I wonder? If they can do it with the zapper, why cant they retailers up the price on the consoles as well?

My guess is that there was some confusion as to the MSRP. Maybe it used to be $24.99, then it was changed to $19.99 at the last minute.

I don't know, it's a thought.

For reference, TRU definitely has them for $20. Saw it tonight.

That's probably just a premium they put on the game because it will sell regardless. Just like how EB/GS will sometimes mark up DS games by $5.

I think Sears has this for $19.99 as I bought 2 online for that price. I love LCT but I beat it in way under an hour but I want to go back and get some higher scores.

I also tried the Zapper with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 online and I hated it, you lose a few functions like zoom with snipers and switching weapons and throwing grenades is a pain. Then having to move the whole Zapper to look around is really awkward, looks like only rail shooters for me.

[quote name='pittpizza']How can they do that I wonder? If they can do it with the zapper, why cant they retailers up the price on the consoles as well?[/quote]
They can charge whatever price they want. But if you're selling something for $300, and all your competition is selling it for $250, where do you think people are going to buy it?

Really too bad there isn't some sort of unlocked level after you beat the others with a > gold rating or something. Kinda takes the fun out of it a bit. Or a way to just continually play a level without being stopped on time.

What's your favorite level so far? I've gotten my highest single level score on the one with (forgive my lack of Zelda knowledge) the sand creatures jumping out of the ground. Got about 47000 on that one. I think my favorite is the skull skeet shooting though.

I finally played some of Link's CT last night. I didn't think it was amazing by any means but it kept me interested long enough to go through all the stages. I'll have to go back and get some better scores. I didn't use the zapper but after reading some people liking it I'll have to give it a whirl. So are most of you using it with the nunchuck in or out of the shell?

In the shell for this game. It took getting used to, but shooting with the front trigger isn't so bad anymore. Besides that's the way Link holds and shoots the crossbow in the game.

Though, I still have to switch my grip during the ranger levels. I cannot get used to controlling movement with my right thumb.

[quote name='pittpizza']How can they do that I wonder? If they can do it with the zapper, why cant they retailers up the price on the consoles as well?[/QUOTE]
Last year Fry's and gamestop made the system part of a bundle, forcing you to buy games and accessories.

bread's done
Back