Liongames.com - Closes It's Doors & Says Farewell

[quote name='lilboo']I don't know if this has been brought up, but I think what WOULD make the Lion Card a bit better of a deal.. is if you got a few things.
Let's say for $25 a year, you get:
-10% off new titles
-15% off of trade ins
-additional 10% on games you trade in
-free STANDARD shipping
-$3 to upgrade to priority

If something along those lines, I would consider purchasing one. See what I did there? I combined something EB & Gamestop do..AND Amazon with their Prime membership.

Good? Make sense?[/QUOTE]

That would be tempting if there were more benefits to the card.

or u can make the discount card with Best Buy Reward like point system.
More u buy the more u earn points. then u get 10 bucks off coupon

[quote name='lilboo']I don't know if this has been brought up, but I think what WOULD make the Lion Card a bit better of a deal.. is if you got a few things.
Let's say for $25 a year, you get:
-10% off new titles
-15% off of trade ins
-additional 10% on games you trade in
-free STANDARD shipping
-$3 to upgrade to priority

If something along those lines, I would consider purchasing one. See what I did there? I combined something EB & Gamestop do..AND Amazon with their Prime membership.

Good? Make sense?[/quote]
Dont you think thats asking for alot ?Even the big companies dont do all the things you mentioned (which is why you combined them) so how could you expect a small business to? Dont get me wrong,that would be a great outline for any company to follow,but I cant think of any discount card out there that has more than 2 benefits (Edge gives 10% off & 10% extra trade in).

I still say I would gladly pay $20-$25 a year for a discount card that made standard shipping free and either a points system (either like $5 credit for x amount we spend on his site,or something along those lines) or 10% off games.I'd love to give Tony more business but I usually can't justify paying $5 shipping per game,especially since its 1st class and I'm in the tri-state area.Now,if I could get free standard shipping on all my purchases,I would have more than likely pick up the few used games I've held back on due to the shipping costs.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Dont you think thats asking for alot ?Even the big companies dont do all the things you mentioned (which is why you combined them) so how could you expect a small business too ? Dont get me wrong,that would be a great outline for any company to follow,I cant think of any discount card out there that has more than 2 benefits (Edge gives 10% off & 10% extra trade in).

I still say I would gladly pay $20-$25 a year for a discount card that made standard shipping free and either a points system (either like $5 credit for x amount we spend on his site,or something along those lines) or 10% off games.I loved to give Tony more business but I usually can't justify paying $5 per game,especially since its 1st class and I'm in the tri-state area.Now,if I could get free standard shipping on all my purchases,I would have more than likely pick up the few used games I've held back on due to the shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

I never expected for it to turn out that ALLLL of those things happened. I just suggested that there could be a FEW things the card could offer, and they were some things. Mix 'n match them around.

[quote name='lilboo']I never expected for it to turn out that ALLLL of those things happened. I just suggested that there could be a FEW things the card could offer, and they were some things. Mix 'n match them around.[/quote]

Ok gotcha,well along as he choose free shipping as part of I'd be happy.Any other type of discount with that would be a bonus for me.

[quote name='liongames']If it wasnt complete or excellent it would say in right in the game title. so yes it is complete. It just came in thursday or friday.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. *waits for next paycheck :)*

Yay! RE: UC is on it's way and will be here today! I just checked the status and it left the post office in my area.. :applause: Priority shipping done right! (except that Sunday had to ruin everything!!)

First off- I'm not butt hurt that my purchases at Liongames have been posted for all to see, it's not like I ordered stuff from Big Al's discount pocket pussys and had that paraded around. But others might not take so kindly to that in the future. Yes, I have only purchased the heavily discounted titles, and I have said as much in this thread previously.
A rebuttal: As a 360 only owner, what used xbox 360 game should I buy? I already own TES4, RB6:V, Gears, Bioshock (thank you, btw), H3, Orange Box, GH3, What must have used game do you have that I am missing out on? If I don't want to buy it, i've likely already rented it. Maybe Virtua fighter or condemned, but those just don't grab me and say BUY BUY BUY. Should I buy one just to donate to the Liongames cause and celebrate group consumerism just because? I just don't see a used title I must have, that is cheapest on your site, which I haven't already bought elsewhere. It's not necessarily Tony's fault, but more the state of the 360 library. Maybe in a few months when AC6 drops in price (generally, not your site specifically), I'll buy it from you, if you make it worth the wait of shipping.

As for Tony's stalwart defense of the discount card - good on you to stick to your guns. I was merely expressing my displeasure at your new savings plan. I won't be participating for the following concerns:
1. I like to get certain new games on release date. Waiting for ME in the mail will likely drain much of my lifeforce. I have a waiting vs. savings equasion in my head, and I can only be patient for single player games with no online component. Buying into an internet retailer's plan could end up being wasted funds if I just go a copy of the next anticipated game at a B&M, rather than used my discount card. Therefore, I don't see myself using the membership enough to justify it's purchase.
2. The elephant in the room which I will bring up - Liongames buisness longevity. It was a question put to rest last dec-febuary. Now, you seem solid and established, but there is no safety net for your site which would assure me that you wouldn't split holding a bunch of 25 dollar paypal membership fees, failing to provide discounted games in the future.
I get nothing but a promise of discounts for the life of the card in return for a membership fee, but for my game preorder, I have a date by which an item must be delivered, effectively assuring me of a fulfilled or unfulfilled contract - which I could take some action on if broken. It's a risk reward for me, and the reward for prepurchase of a discount card is quite small, wheras the reward for preorder of this falls hottest games at a discount is much greater.

It's a credit to your prices and service that I still want your business to succeed, despite being called out on the internet by the owner for not purchasing enough/the right items.
Suggestion: Keep the Bioshock/H3 preorder discount the same, but offer it on one title each year.

Well my package says it was delivered today but there was no Assassin's Creed waiting for me when I got home and checked the mail. Wonderful...

ill just go ahead and say that im a cheap ass gamer and i do not have loyalty beyond my wallet when it comes to gaming. i appreciate the deals thus far but i dont think i buy regularly enough through the year to justify the card

Got my Super Mario Galaxy in the mail today, thanks Tony! Fast shipping as always, even with first class. Can't wait to get Mass Effect!

[quote name='rowe']Well my package says it was delivered today but there was no Assassin's Creed waiting for me when I got home and checked the mail. Wonderful...[/QUOTE]

My post office said they "attempted to deliver the package" but failed. Since when was priority mail "attempted" with signature? I thought they just dropped it into your box just like all the other mail?

Now I gotta wait for tomorrow : (

Just gotta chime in on my own experience with Liongames.com. Just got Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles in the mail today. It was shipped Friday and I'm on the west coast so I was just hoping to get it before Thanksgiving. I'm really surprised at the fast shipping and I love the personal note on the receipt that came in the bubble mailer.

All said, I'm gonna check liongames.com along with the other retail sites when I buy my games.

[quote name='rowe']Well my package says it was delivered today but there was no Assassin's Creed waiting for me when I got home and checked the mail. Wonderful...[/quote]

Call th epost office first thing in the morning and speak to the carrier and find out what he did with the package. I have seen them say deleivered and show up the next day also. But you need to make sure he didnt drop it off at the neighbors house. Or maybe it didnt fit in the mailbox. most likely the post office has the best chance to solve the mystery.

[quote name='Oberman']My post office said they "attempted to deliver the package" but failed. Since when was priority mail "attempted" with signature? I thought they just dropped it into your box just like all the other mail?

Now I gotta wait for tomorrow : ([/quote]

There is no signature required. Once again I would speak to the postman and find out why he did that.

[quote name='NWgamer666']First off- I'm not butt hurt that my purchases at Liongames have been posted for all to see, it's not like I ordered stuff from Big Al's discount pocket pussys and had that paraded around. But others might not take so kindly to that in the future. Yes, I have only purchased the heavily discounted titles, and I have said as much in this thread previously.
A rebuttal: As a 360 only owner, what used xbox 360 game should I buy? I already own TES4, RB6:V, Gears, Bioshock (thank you, btw), H3, Orange Box, GH3, What must have used game do you have that I am missing out on? If I don't want to buy it, i've likely already rented it. Maybe Virtua fighter or condemned, but those just don't grab me and say BUY BUY BUY. Should I buy one just to donate to the Liongames cause and celebrate group consumerism just because? I just don't see a used title I must have, that is cheapest on your site, which I haven't already bought elsewhere. It's not necessarily Tony's fault, but more the state of the 360 library. Maybe in a few months when AC6 drops in price (generally, not your site specifically), I'll buy it from you, if you make it worth the wait of shipping.

As for Tony's stalwart defense of the discount card - good on you to stick to your guns. I was merely expressing my displeasure at your new savings plan. I won't be participating for the following concerns:
1. I like to get certain new games on release date. Waiting for ME in the mail will likely drain much of my lifeforce. I have a waiting vs. savings equasion in my head, and I can only be patient for single player games with no online component. Buying into an internet retailer's plan could end up being wasted funds if I just go a copy of the next anticipated game at a B&M, rather than used my discount card. Therefore, I don't see myself using the membership enough to justify it's purchase.
2. The elephant in the room which I will bring up - Liongames buisness longevity. It was a question put to rest last dec-febuary. Now, you seem solid and established, but there is no safety net for your site which would assure me that you wouldn't split holding a bunch of 25 dollar paypal membership fees, failing to provide discounted games in the future.
I get nothing but a promise of discounts for the life of the card in return for a membership fee, but for my game preorder, I have a date by which an item must be delivered, effectively assuring me of a fulfilled or unfulfilled contract - which I could take some action on if broken. It's a risk reward for me, and the reward for prepurchase of a discount card is quite small, wheras the reward for preorder of this falls hottest games at a discount is much greater.

It's a credit to your prices and service that I still want your business to succeed, despite being called out on the internet by the owner for not purchasing enough/the right items.
Suggestion: Keep the Bioshock/H3 preorder discount the same, but offer it on one title each year.[/quote]

NWGAmer666, First of all I must say classy post. Secondly I did not call you out for not buying enough games or not buying the right items. I called you out for what i felt was stong words or negative words. I felt that the words being turned off weren't quite right. My point is why bother to make the negative post. I would have rather have you say to yourself. The card is not for me, I got a few good deals in the past so I think I will refrain with from the negative connotations. That is all, that was my whole point. Anyway since you here, I also know what I did wasn't using my best judgement, and I am Sorry about that, and sorry if I offended you in any way.

Tony

[quote name='liongames']There is no signature required. Once again I would speak to the postman and find out why he did that.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'll be showing up at the front door of the post office with a pitchfork and torch at 8 AM

[quote name='Oberman']Yep, I'll be showing up at the front door of the post office with a pitchfork and torch at 8 AM[/QUOTE]

At least yours wasn't misdelivered to lord only knows where. I'll try to call when I get a chance in the morning and see if anyone knows where mine went. I know it should fit just fine in the box since Halo 3 and BioShock arrived without problems.

Got Assassin's Creed in today with the handwritten thank you note! I was busy playing SMG last week, so I didn't mind the wait. Thanks Tony and the Lion Games staff!

My problem was solved today as AC mysteriously showed up in my mailbox when I went home to check at lunch. I was hoping it was just a weird issue with the delivery confirmation and that's what it seems to have been. Now Mass Effect just needs to arrive...

[quote name='ighosty']didn't get Mass Effect today :bomb: I guess tommorrow then...can't wait[/quote]

The only people who should have got Mass effect today were ones who paid for UPS shipping or lived really close to me. Priority mails should start rolling in tommorow but nothing is gauranteed.

I would've figured I'd have Sonic and the Secret Rings by now - ordered Tuesday, trade-in confirmed on Friday, I believe. Order status page still says "not yet shipped," and if so that's okay - I've got Mario Galaxy to plow through right now, which should take awhile.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them, or if Tony can let me know what's going on (if so, order #6304). Like I said though, no urgency here, seriously. I'm finishing up all my other Wii games while my computer is down.

[quote name='liongames']The only people who should have got Mass effect today were ones who paid for UPS shipping or lived really close to me. Priority mails should start rolling in tommorow but nothing is gauranteed.[/quote] ya i didnt really think i would get it today, was just hopin;)

[quote name='XorpheusX']I would've figured I'd have Sonic and the Secret Rings by now - ordered Tuesday, trade-in confirmed on Friday, I believe. Order status page still says "not yet shipped," and if so that's okay - I've got Mario Galaxy to plow through right now, which should take awhile.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them, or if Tony can let me know what's going on (if so, order #6304). Like I said though, no urgency here, seriously. I'm finishing up all my other Wii games while my computer is down.[/quote]

The trade checked in on Saturday not Friday. The game should of shipped yesterday but to be honest it slipped through the cracks yesterday with all the last minute Mass Effect stuff to do. I did ship the game today you should have received a confiramtion email with the delivery confirmation number. I am going to update the order on the website just in case you didnt get the email this afternoon.

[quote name='liongames']The trade checked in on Saturday not Friday. The game should of shipped yesterday but to be honest it slipped through the cracks yesterday with all the last minute Mass Effect stuff to do. I did ship the game today you should have received a confiramtion email with the delivery confirmation number. I am going to update the order on the website just in case you didnt get the email this afternoon.[/quote]

Yeah, once I saw all the Mass Effect talk I figured that took up a lot of time.

As for a confirmation e-mail, as I said, my computer is down, so I can't check it. Thanks a lot, though - hope to do business again soon.

First of all, Tony, you are the shit, how do you find the time to deal and do all of this? (comma nazi! ohnoes!)

Second of all, I got my Mass Effect on the 20th and
the game is sick. (I kept playing despite the 100 invites I got to play cod4).

Thanks Tony, world needs more people like you.

[quote name='XorpheusX']Yeah, once I saw all the Mass Effect talk I figured that took up a lot of time.

As for a confirmation e-mail, as I said, my computer is down, so I can't check it. Thanks a lot, though - hope to do business again soon.[/quote]

dosen't have computer to check email........but continue to post on internet web forum.........:wtf:

Hmmm, The tracking doesn't show anything at all for me. I'm not even sure it was shipped priority even though I paid for it. Stupid USPS

[quote name='Zoglog']Hmmm, The tracking doesn't show anything at all for me. I'm not even sure it was shipped priority even though I paid for it. Stupid USPS[/quote]

Hmmm, The site tony uses "Endicia" or whatever is always up to date for me on my shipping. USPS on the other hand doesnt tell me my package arrived until like 2 days after ive had the game in my hands lol!

I really hope Mass Effect comes today since I am leaving today for Thanksgiving vacation.

I got Halo 3 the Wednesday after release so I bet Mass Effect will come today.

Hmm...Since I won't be able to come back on the boards to tell if I got it or not I am just going to say...

Woo Hoo I got Mass Effect!

Thanks Tony, you rock. When I am done with all these new games flowing in I am definitely going to pick up some used games from you that I didn't have a chance to play.

Alright I am leaving now and I got Mass Effect in the mail.

I really appreciate the personalized handwritten thank you.

Tony you're awesome!

:applause:

As always game in great condition and the best deal ANYWHERE!
Mass Effect $36.49 delivered to my door only 1 day after release.

Thank you and hope someday you can offer more amazing deals on new releases, I bought Halo 3, Mass Effect, and now waiting on GTA IV

Tony thanks man

, peace

[quote name='Metalic']Hmmm, The site tony uses "Endicia" or whatever is always up to date for me on my shipping. USPS on the other hand doesnt tell me my package arrived until like 2 days after ive had the game in my hands lol![/QUOTE]

ah k, i see it there. Thanks. I hope it arrives by today because our office closes in a few hours.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']mine still hasnt updated so it still says it left the MA facility[/quote]
Mine too, unfortunately. I paid for priority too. I would think it would at least arrive in my state today. Oh well, maybe it'll come in on Saturday.

edit: I guess USPS isn't updating their site or something, because my Mass Effect arrived today at my parents house. Was nice to drop by and visit and find the game waiting there for me.

Got my copy of Mass Effect today, thanks again Tony. Looking forward to getting GTA IV and Super Smash Bros. Brawl from you in 2008!

[quote name='magykmyke']Mine too, unfortunately. I paid for priority too. I would think it would at least arrive in my state today. Oh well, maybe it'll come in on Saturday.

edit: I guess USPS isn't updating their site or something, because my Mass Effect arrived today at my parents house. Was nice to drop by and visit and find the game waiting there for me.[/quote]

just checked my mail again still no mass effect
1st time out of 3 orders order didnt come 3rd day after it shipped :cold:

Got mine today in Dallas, TX! I didn't expect it so soon... only used First Class shipping. Thanks Tony! It's great so far!

bread's done
Back