Liongames.com - Closes It's Doors & Says Farewell

Like many others, I got my Mass Effect today. Thanks for the great service, once again, Tony.

Too bad my 360 is broked.

th_CryBaby-1.gif

[quote name='spree4567']Gah my copy has been in Hartford since Monday night. Damn USPS.[/quote]

More then likely they just didnt scan the package once it left hartford. This is very normal.

Got my copy today all the way out in SoCal. I honestly wasn't expecting it until Friday. Great service as usual Tony. Although, I didn't even open it since I also got Rock Band today and I couldn't put that down.

I got my ME today. Thanks a bunch. I also think the personnel note is a nice touch, even if it's a just "have fun".

[quote name='jersoc']I got my ME today. Thanks a bunch. I also think the personnel note is a nice touch, even if it's a just "have fun".[/quote]

Yeah, QFT

It's not a huge deal, but it somehow means a lot. Dunno why.

[quote name='liongames']More then likely they just didnt scan the package once it left hartford. This is very normal.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. I'm only in South Windsor so I was hoping to see it before Thanksgiving. Only took Halo 1 day to get here. Oh well, hopefully before Saturday when I go back to school.

Got Mass Effect yesterday! Delivery was much faster than for Halo 3, considering I'm in Puerto Rico. Still haven't had the chance to play it, though!

I'm looking for an used copy of CoD4 to pop up on your website, Tony. If you have one around and haven't been able to update it, LMK!

[quote name='spree4567']Hopefully. I'm only in South Windsor so I was hoping to see it before Thanksgiving. Only took Halo 1 day to get here. Oh well, hopefully before Saturday when I go back to school.[/quote]

You should have got it on tuesday. Hopefully Friday or Saturday. Let me know when you get it.

[quote name='UberCAG']tony, if you get any used copies of orange box or guitar hero 3 (disc only) for xbox 360 please let me know[/quote]

None on either one yet.

[quote name='joseraul']Got Mass Effect yesterday! Delivery was much faster than for Halo 3, considering I'm in Puerto Rico. Still haven't had the chance to play it, though!

I'm looking for an used copy of CoD4 to pop up on your website, Tony. If you have one around and haven't been able to update it, LMK![/quote]

One came in last week and went quickly.

Here are some deals that were in an email from liongames

black friday coupon codes
I am also going to offer $5.00 off all used games on Black Friday. Use coupon code blackfriday1used if you are buying one game, blackfriday2used if you are buying 2 used games, and blackfriday3used if you are buying 3 used games. You will get $5.00 off for each used game you buy.

Mass Effect $44.99 and Halo 3 $44.99
I read some of the Black Friday specials from the other guys and I can say I am not impressed with there titles. I am going to offer a limited selection of brand new Mass Effects for $44.99 I have about 8 Halo 3’s for the same price. To gets these prices anyone can use the coupon code blackfridayhalo for Halo 3, and blackfridaymass for Mass Effect.

pre-order deals for Burnout Paradise and Turok
Now that you have your card I am sure you want to try it out and buy some great games at my cost. These first two specials will actually be below my cost. How about Burnout Paradise for the 360 and PS3? My low starting cost of $55.99 is already 7% below retail. After you get your roaring card discount you can buy the game for $50.39. Not only that, I am also going to do a trade in bonus with this title that will stack with your discount. If you trade in one game with a value of $10 or more you will get $5.00 off your new game. If you trade in 2 games you will get $10 dollars off, and if you trade in 3 games you will get $15.00 off your new game game. This adds up to a great savings. How will this work? You will add Burnout to your cart. Then you will add your trade ins to your cart also. If you have 1 trade in, you will punch in 1Trade in the coupon code box, 2Trades if you have 2 trade ins, and 3Trades if you have 3 trade ins. This will automatically deduct $5, $10, or $15 respectfully from your invoice. That means you can get Burnout Paradise for less then $37.00 brand new with 3 trades in. This deal will only be good for Roaring Card Discount members. Non Members can still pay $55.99 which isn’t a bad price at all. Here are the links for Burnout Paradise.
XBOX 360

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm?Product_ID=XB3_ELA_15639&page=details.cfm&thisrow=2&action=search&criteria=burnout&startrow=1&mystartrow=1&maxrows=10&cat=1&man=&afid=&searchcat_id=&itemprice=&searchfield=&searchman_id=&boolean=AND&var1=&var2=&var3=&return_product_id=&returnpage=list.cfm&makeid=&modelid=&modelyear=

PS3

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm?Product_ID=PS3_ELA_15633&page=details.cfm&thisrow=1&action=search&criteria=burnout&startrow=1&mystartrow=1&maxrows=10&cat=1&man=&afid=&searchcat_id=&itemprice=&searchfield=&searchman_id=&boolean=AND&var1=&var2=&var3=&return_product_id=&returnpage=list.cfm&makeid=&modelid=&modelyear=

We don’t want to stop at one game so how about Turok as another great special? The starting price for Turok is only $53.99 so Roaring Discount Members will pay only $48.59 for their game on either system. I am even going to allow the trade in bonus with Turok also. Once again this trade in special is for card members only and trades must be at least $10 each in value. The same coupon code will apply here as well as for Burnout.
The bottom price will be about $35 and the bonus you will receive here will just about pay for your Roaring Discount Card. Here are the links for Turok. Once again you may have to copy and paste them in your browser.

XBOX 360

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm?Product_ID=XB3_DIS_00249&page=details.cfm&thisrow=2&action=search&criteria=turok&startrow=1&mystartrow=1&maxrows=10&cat=1&man=&afid=&searchcat_id=&itemprice=&searchfield=&searchman_id=&boolean=AND&var1=&var2=&var3=&return_product_id=&returnpage=list.cfm&makeid=&modelid=&modelyear=

PS3

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm?Product_ID=PS3_DIS_00248&page=details.cfm&thisrow=1&action=search&criteria=turok&startrow=1&mystartrow=1&maxrows=10&cat=1&man=&afid=&searchcat_id=&itemprice=&searchfield=&searchman_id=&boolean=AND&var1=&var2=&var3=&return_product_id=&returnpage=list.cfm&makeid=&modelid=&modelyear=

So basically you're getting shipping off if you order one game used, considering his prices already that's a pretty solid deal. I'm probably gonna pick something up.

I rather get 10% off used games, even if the card allowed only one or two orders a month.So are 44.99 specials over?

Well I bit with the new coupon. Bought 3 used games. Lots of 360 games but Wii was a little short on selection as was PS3. Prices seemed better than in the past though.

[quote name='aihuman']I rather get 10% off used games, even if the card allowed only one or two orders a month.So are 44.99 specials over?[/quote]

Actaully the card members with 3 trades ins will get these titles in the 30's plus the value of the trade ins. I cant sell games straight at $44.99 all the time because it is under my cost. these two new specails are a few bucks under my cost when you use the card.

Hmm. Last Friday I woke up and checked my e-mail and had a confirmation of shipping on RE:UC. It was here on that Monday. Today (Friday), Trauma Center is supposed to ship. Haven't gotten that e-mail yet. I know it's way early..I just hope it DOES get shipped and it shipped out early enough that the delivery can start today so it can be here by Monday. If it's here by Tuesday, then the priority mail upgrade would feel like a total waste of $$ on my behalf. Damn Sundays.

[quote name='doc005']Here are some deals that were in an email from liongames

black friday coupon codes

Mass Effect $44.99 and Halo 3 $44.99

pre-order deals for Burnout Paradise and Turok[/QUOTE]

The Black Friday codes are a great deal, esp. on used games. I'm going to put this in a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the rush.

I'm not familiar with this site so could someone explain to me the difference between used copies of a game? For example, here's Gears of War used but for $2 cheaper there's Gears of War used and in "good condition." What's the difference between the two?

Also, do used games always come with the case and booklet or is it like EB/GS where they give you them if they have them?

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm. Last Friday I woke up and checked my e-mail and had a confirmation of shipping on RE:UC. It was here on that Monday. Today (Friday), Trauma Center is supposed to ship. Haven't gotten that e-mail yet. I know it's way early..I just hope it DOES get shipped and it shipped out early enough that the delivery can start today so it can be here by Monday. If it's here by Tuesday, then the priority mail upgrade would feel like a total waste of $$ on my behalf. Damn Sundays.[/quote]

Trauma center is a worse case scenirio for me. It was released on wednesday but isnt a street dated title. Normally that means i get my product on friday. In this case thanksgiving cost us a day and it left from a different warehouse and that cost me a day so I will be getting my Trauma Centers in on Tuesday 27th. so that is the ship date. If you would like to cancel i will waive the cancellation fee in this case.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I'm not familiar with this site so could someone explain to me the difference between used copies of a game? For example, here's Gears of War used but for $2 cheaper there's Gears of War used and in "good condition." What's the difference between the two?

Also, do used games always come with the case and booklet or is it like EB/GS where they give you them if they have them?[/quote]

If the game doesnt have a case or manual I would put that right in the title. Just like your gears of war example. The first one that is $2.00 more expensive is in excellent condition. The second one has some scratches and so I marked it down to good. With my website buying used games is never a crap shoot. I tell you exactly what you are getting right in the games title.

[quote name='liongames']If the game doesnt have a case or manual I would put that right in the title. Just like your gears of war example. The first one that is $2.00 more expensive is in excellent condition. The second one has some scratches and so I marked it down to good. With my website buying used games is never a crap shoot. I tell you exactly what you are getting right in the games title.[/quote] Cool, an answer right from the source. Thanks for the help!

[quote name='liongames']Trauma center is a worse case scenirio for me. It was released on wednesday but isnt a street dated title. Normally that means i get my product on friday. In this case thanksgiving cost us a day and it left from a different warehouse and that cost me a day so I will be getting my Trauma Centers in on Tuesday 27th. so that is the ship date. If you would like to cancel i will waive the cancellation fee in this case.[/QUOTE]

No, I'll wait for it. Thank you though and thank you for the heads up. Was just wondering what was going on since when you posted ship dates.. RE:UC came right on time and Trauma Center didn't, LOL :(

I can wait until Thursday (right? Friday the latest!)..Thank God for Mario Galaxy holding me over..and Resident Evil :D

[quote name='liongames']You should have got it on tuesday. Hopefully Friday or Saturday. Let me know when you get it.[/QUOTE]

Mail just came today and nothing. It's like Bioshock all over again. That one came in on Saturday, this one better too or I'll just be stunned. I should've just taken the time and made the hour drive myself since USPS doesn't seem to be able to do it.

I was really hoping it'd be like Halo where I did get it on Tuesday, but I guess that's hoping for too much.

Got Assassin's Creed which today. Ordered last Saturday.

Thanks Tony. And to answer your note, I'm doing pretty good, how about you??

EDIT: BTW, nice avatar, Tony.

[quote name='spree4567']Mail just came today and nothing. It's like Bioshock all over again. That one came in on Saturday, this one better too or I'll just be stunned. I should've just taken the time and made the hour drive myself since USPS doesn't seem to be able to do it.

I was really hoping it'd be like Halo where I did get it on Tuesday, but I guess that's hoping for too much.[/quote]

If you dont get it tomorrow please email me with your name and tracking number so I can check into it for you.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']gah hoping mass effect gets here tomorrow or saturday..[/quote]

First class or priority? Sometimes the mail does start to slow down this time of year. if it is first class it could be anywhere from 2-7 days.

[quote name='liongames']First class or priority? Sometimes the mail does start to slow down this time of year. if it is first class it could be anywhere from 2-7 days.[/quote]
priority im in california btw

I also have not received Mass Effect, which is unusual, since I received H3 [SIZE=-1]über[/SIZE] promptly (first class in both cases) and I'm only in Maryland. I'm not too concerned, as I still have Assassin's Creed to keep myself busy. My wife, on the other hand, is slowly going mad. She's threatening me with grievous bodily harm if it doesn't show up tomorrow.

If I don't survive tomorrow, always remember me as a rabble-rouser!

Finally came in today. Thanks Tony. Hopefully Trauma Center comes in quicker next week.

I know it may be too early to have an answer, but when do you expect Smash Bros Brawl to ship? The release date is a Sunday so I wasn't sure if you'd be able to ship it out before then, or on Monday.

Just wanted to post this.

Most of you know that Tony writes a personal note on your order and that may seem like a small thing but I really appreciate that. Not only that but he also upgraded my shipping for free just b/c I am a loyal customer.

Just some things to think about when you buy from tony(aka liongames

[quote name='spree4567']Finally came in today. Thanks Tony. Hopefully Trauma Center comes in quicker next week.

I know it may be too early to have an answer, but when do you expect Smash Bros Brawl to ship? The release date is a Sunday so I wasn't sure if you'd be able to ship it out before then, or on Monday.[/quote]

I dont think it is a street dated title. I hope my distributor will get them friday and not monday. I will know better as time gets closer.

[quote name='slickkill77']Just wanted to post this.

Most of you know that Tony writes a personal note on your order and that may seem like a small thing but I really appreciate that. Not only that but he also upgraded my shipping for free just b/c I am a loyal customer.

Just some things to think about when you buy from tony(aka liongames[/quote]

Yeah, it's nice. I believe all of the games I've received from him have had a handwritten note. Total of three, I believe.

Is it a deal breaker?? Of course not. Am I heartbroken when amazon doesn't do it?? Haha, no. It's just a nice touch. Makes you feel appreciated, nahmean??

Anyhoo, question for you, Tony. I'm sure it's been answered, but are you ever going to offer the full Rock Band package with the drums and whatnot?? Sorry for not finding out on my own, but I gots a splitting headache, ya know??

Thanks

[quote name='sventhebruin']Yeah, it's nice. I believe all of the games I've received from him have had a handwritten note. Total of three, I believe.

Is it a deal breaker?? Of course not. Am I heartbroken when amazon doesn't do it?? Haha, no. It's just a nice touch. Makes you feel appreciated, nahmean??

Anyhoo, question for you, Tony. I'm sure it's been answered, but are you ever going to offer the full Rock Band package with the drums and whatnot?? Sorry for not finding out on my own, but I gots a splitting headache, ya know??

Thanks[/quote]

I decided not to carry the rock band bundle for a few reasons. Number one was my price was very high, and the cost to ship it was way too much to be able to even come close to making money if i sold the game. Secondly in these type of bundles my distributor is always short shipped from the manufacturer. When GH3 came out I was short 7 pieces, and I had to go hunting on release day to fill my orders. I did find them but it was a pain. My distributor really treated me good too on gh3. The problem is these bundles cant be made fast enough, and most stores or distributors gets allocated. So I decided it wasnt worth it, and I would have a good chance to disappoint customers if i took orders I couldnt fill. In a year of being in business, I have filled every order in a timely manner that i received ,except for one used game where my inventory was wrong.

My Mass Effect came on Friday following Assassin's Creed arrival on Tuesday, then my 360 died on Saturday. GREAT timing...

[quote name='Nelo Ice']well according to the usps site mass effect left last night at 11:13 pm
edit:just picked up thanks again tony![/quote]

Good to hear :)

bread's done
Back