Liongames.com - Closes It's Doors & Says Farewell

Tony - you got any copies of amped 3 for the Xbox 360? It's came out around launch for the 360 and is an older title. I'd like to pick up a used copy. I didn't see any on your used 360 games page.

2/5/08 edit: maybe he's on vacation? he hasn't logged on CAG since 01-28-2008.

[quote name='tightclaws']Wow to think what a huge difference you made, everyone give him a pat on the back.[/quote]

Wow to think you felt the need to be a dick about it. Hes right and I'm sure Tony doesn't mind the feed back considering hes trying to run a "PROFESSIONAL" business...

[quote name='distantmantra']Any update on when LG will be getting their copies of DMC4 in? I'm fine waiting, but I'm curious.[/quote]

He said it would be Thursday or Friday.

so about this, I remember putting a down payment of $10 back in October for GTA4, for the price of $32.

I'm assuming when the game is released, I'm still gonna get it at that price?

[quote name='Tideas']so about this, I remember putting a down payment of $10 back in October for GTA4, for the price of $32.

I'm assuming when the game is released, I'm still gonna get it at that price?[/quote]
it was 42.99 -10 plus shipping of 5
so yeah as long as you pay it off a month before ship 37.99 balance.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my preordered copy of Devil May Cry 4 from one liongames.com last week, as usual a very prompt shipment with the traditional handwritten note of thanks. Being treated with such respect made me rethink how I have treated some others here...for like two whole seconds!

Preaching to the choir here, but I had to say it.

Hey Tony PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE the used game section, I want some used games but everything listed that I want is gone. It most definatly is time to update.

[quote name='DongHungLong']Are his orders still getting shipped? I'm gonna be pissed the fuck off if his mom and pop store runs off with my GTAIV pre-order...[/quote]

Wow relax! We're still a month away from release! All the orders placed have been fine so far according to the posts on CAG (including a recent Devil May Cry 4 order) and I see no reason to jump to conclusions.

This may not seem like much but I noticed that he has a lot of the games that are coming out soon at $55.99 which is basically $60 shipped. So that saves you gas and tax which isnt to bad

I haven't read this entire thread, nor have I ordered from Liongames.com since Halo 3, but I noticed that alot of the prices for new games are at or around MSRP, while Liongames used to give awesome deals on pre-orders. What happened?

[quote name='CounterSeal']I haven't read this entire thread, nor have I ordered from Liongames.com since Halo 3, but I noticed that alot of the prices for new games are at or around MSRP, while Liongames used to give awesome deals on pre-orders. What happened?[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, it was hard for him to keep offering preorders at a loss when no one was coming back to buy used games from him.

Anyone have any idea when Tony is going to update the site? I'd buy a bunch of used games from him, but every time I click a game listed on the used page, he doesn't actually have it. It's a little frustrating :whistle2:(

[quote name='thepik241']Tony, if we pre-ordered GTA IV do we get the bonus pre-order content?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

What preorder bonus? I also got in on GTA IV for $47.

[quote name='slickkill77']Id assume it is because people just milk him for the the specials and never come back. I don't blame him for being mad[/QUOTE]

It's kind of hard to come back and support him when he doesn't update his website and keep his inventory current.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Hopefully he'll ship out Super Smash Brothers on Thursday or Friday.[/quote]

I emailed him yesterday, and he said Brawl would most likely ship Monday or Tuesday. :cry:

He said Saturday was a *maybe* (but not likely).

[quote name='kklems']It's kind of hard to come back and support him when he doesn't update his website and keep his inventory current.[/quote]

Email him if you want to know what he has or to ask him to update it

Hello Guys. Here is a quick update on a few things. First of all I am not mad at anyone. I will try and get to the used game pages this weekend. My current specials are designed for the discount card holders to get their games at my cost. I am rethinking my stagedy for future specials as last years specials caused a real lot of work for me and cost me a good chucnk of money. I didn't see my investment in both money and time paying off. I needed a lot more people to use my site for more then just the games that I was willing to lose money on.

As far as the bonus stuff for GTA 4 most likely that will only include the large retail accounts. For the person that was worried with me being a small guy and running off with his money all I can say is Don't worry I would never do that to a single person. Sometimes you need to worry about the big guys screwing you. I read this week that Sharper Image is accepting its own gifts cards anymore. I really do care about the people who put faith in my site and I will go to the end of the earth to make sure no one ever gets screwed.

SSBB has a chance to ship one day before release date which will be this Saturday. Once again I am sorry about the used game pages and I will try and get to them this week. I will try and send a newsletter out when I get caught up. If anyone has any questions don't ever be afraid to email me. CYA

Tony

I only bought one game so far from Tony(Bioshock), but I have to say he does seem to bust his butt to give good deals, which is especially tough having a small operation competing against the big companies. Wish you luck.

[quote name='anomynous']Brawl shipping today?

Thank You Tony[/quote]My tracking shows it went out today if that helps. Got my tracking info from Tony last night.

Sweet. My tracking info says SSBB was picked up at 11:46am on March 8th. Wonder how long it will take to get to Indiana. Probably tues or wed. Hopefully tues since I'm might be leaving on wed.

[quote name='anomynous']Brawl shipping today?

Thank You Tony[/quote]

Yes all Brawls shipped today. My distributor got the product to me early and I also got every piece I ordered which is saying something considering this was a Nintendo release.

[quote name='liongames']Yes all Brawls shipped today. My distributor got the product to me early and I also got every piece I ordered which is saying something considering this was a Nintendo release.[/QUOTE]

Any idea when they might make it to Indiana? :)

[quote name='Swingman']Any idea when they might make it to Indiana? :)[/quote]

Priority= probably monday
First Class can be anywhere from 2 to 7 days. Most likely 3 but I wouldnt be surprised if you got it on monday as the mail usaully moves pretty good over the weekend.

bread's done
Back