Liongames.com - Closes It's Doors & Says Farewell

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, wish I had preordered this a year ago for $42.99......... I guess i was waiting to see if Liongames was legit and how their service was..... now I know it's legit and I will be watching for deals from now on

You can't really blame me though.... I mean, the pre-order was a year ago, and this was a new website. Who knows if he would have been still be around right now back then.[/QUOTE]

Well a year ago, the game was also coming out in November, so it wasn't nearly as long of a wait

Luckily, I remembered that I pre-ordered it from Liongames and went to pay the balance of the pre-order today. Weren't we supposed to receive an email reminder to pay our balance sometime before the release?

I considered cancelling my pre-order, just because I don't really have the free time to play this game at launch, but I noticed that there is apparently a $10 fee at Liongames for cancelling within a certain time frame before street date. By the time I actually get to play this, I'm sure I could have just bought it cheaper from Gamefly or snagged it off Goozex... bleh :)

[quote name='mn9500']did Tony ever confirm that its shipping the day before release?[/quote]

He actually said that, due to issues between his distributor and Take 2, that he would not be able to ship out until Tuesday. I believe that those who ordered UPS before 4/1 will, however, have their orders shipped out Monday.

[quote name='Agrippan']He actually said that, due to issues between his distributor and Take 2, that he would not be able to ship out until Tuesday. I believe that those who ordered UPS before 4/1 will, however, have their orders shipped out Monday.[/QUOTE]

Damn, it better get to me by Friday then.

[quote name='Agrippan']He actually said that, due to issues between his distributor and Take 2, that he would not be able to ship out until Tuesday. I believe that those who ordered UPS before 4/1 will, however, have their orders shipped out Monday.[/quote]

what if i ordered by USPS since July 2007?

[quote name='mn9500']what if i ordered by USPS since July 2007?[/quote]

Tony said USPS is shipping out on Tuesday regardless of when you ordered it.

[quote name='Razzuel']Tony said USPS is shipping out on Tuesday regardless of when you ordered it.[/quote]
wait, do you mean he is shipping it out to USPS on Tuesday, or USPS will already have the game, and ship it out to me on Tuesday?

[quote name='POLOFOLK']I hope I get my copy by Wed or Thursday at the latest... i live in ATL[/quote]

I'm not far from you and I typically get street dated games from Tony by Thursday.

[quote name='mn9500']wait, do you mean he is shipping it out to USPS on Tuesday, or USPS will already have the game, and ship it out to me on Tuesday?[/quote]

Oh sorry for being ambiguous. Tony is going to ship all of the USPS orders on Tuesday. Which means he is going to take all his GTA IV orders to his local post office and mail them out on Tuesday.

Hope that clears it up.

[quote name='Razzuel']Oh sorry for being ambiguous. Tony is going to ship all of the USPS orders on Tuesday. Which means he is going to take all his GTA IV orders to his local post office and mail them out on Tuesday.

Hope that clears it up.[/quote]
damn it, that means ill get it on tuesday.

[quote name='mn9500']damn it, that means ill get it on tuesday.[/quote]

Damn really, do you live a street over from Tony or something....I probably won't be getting mine till Thursday?

Hmm, I live one state over from Tony. I Expect to have it this weekend. I may just wait, I doubt I'll be able to play it till the weekend anyways.

I have the ps3 copy pre-ordered, but I don't want to wait. I plan on picking up the 360 version for multi player to tide me over until I get the ps3 version. I'll play thru the story on ps3 and flip it on my companies classified ad system for the $47 it cost me in a month.

Its hard to wait, but Im sucker for good deals.

I also dont want to have to waste gas back and forth between a store to just return a game that I got from Tony so I can play it right away.

... or do I?

[quote name='Identity Fraud']Its hard to wait, but Im sucker for good deals.

I also dont want to have to waste gas back and forth between a store to just return a game that I got from Tony so I can play it right away.

... or do I?[/quote]

I know what you mean....what to do, what to do....!!!!! GAH!

Well, I'm house sitting for my buddy. I just gotta take care of their two dogs and the rest of my time will be playing GTA4. Unless I get a date or something, then she can watch me play GTA4.

I keed I keed!

Darn it, I put $10 down in my first Liongames.com order back on March 31st, 2007 and forgot all about it. I've bought Crackdown, BioShock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, and a used copy of Superman Returns in that timeframe and I just assumed that one of those times I remembered to pay off the balance so even after seeing the April 1st deadline I didn't flinch.

Oh well, I guess now I don't have to worry about getting it quickly since I missed the special and will be probably be paying full price tomorrow. I suppose I'll email Tony to see if my $10 can be put towards a future purchase. Thanks anyway for the deal opportunity, Tony. Shame I messed up. :p

[quote name='R0wdi']Haven't read through the recent posts, but have all orders been shipped or are we still waiting on confirmation?[/quote]
its gonna be shipped out tuesday, so earliest day to get it is wednesday. i think im gonna go buy it at walmart tomorrow, then return the one i get wednesday.

Nice, I just checked my mail and got that as well. Is he just pre-confirming tomorrow's shipment or do you think he shipped out today?

EDIT: I checked the shipment status and it says that they currently don't have any tracking info on the package.

[quote name='R0wdi']Nice, I just checked my mail and got that as well. Is he just pre-confirming tomorrow's shipment or do you think he shipped out today?

EDIT: I checked the shipment status and it says that they currently don't have any tracking info on the package.[/quote]

he probably dropped them off today, and they just put them into their system. i would love it if i came home tomorrow and GTA IV was in my mailbox.

No, the email is basically just telling you that a tracking number has been assigned to the package. I'm pretty sure they won't go out until tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Identity Fraud']Hmm, I live one state over from Tony. I Expect to have it this weekend. I may just wait, I doubt I'll be able to play it till the weekend anyways.[/QUOTE]

Why the weekend? If youre a state away you should have it in one day. Im in MA and last order I placed shipped out and the next day was in my mail box. So you should have it far before the week end I would imagine.

[quote name='musha666']Why the weekend? If youre a state away you should have it in one day. Im in MA and last order I placed shipped out and the next day was in my mail box. So you should have it far before the week end I would imagine.[/quote]

I'm making myself think it won't come here till the weekend. That way when I get it mid week I'm like "OMGWTFBBQ!!!" :whistle2:D

[quote name='Identity Fraud']I'm making myself think it won't come here till the weekend. That way when I get it mid week I'm like "OMGWTFBBQ!!!" :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Haha. Gotcha;) Im sorta itching for it now though so I guess youre smart in doing that. All the emails saying it shipped are getting to me.

[quote name='Razzuel']Time moves so slow...[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah, this is gonna be the slowest week in recent history :)

[quote name='moonphrogg']Mine will be here today. Incidentally, I got the PS3 version and now realize I want the 360 version. Anyone want to trade?[/quote]

Go exchange it at all Wal-Mart or somethin, lol..

Don't wanna wait to play this, thinking the money I saved would been worth spending for tihs game :drool:

I'm just gonna buy it now and return the game I receive from Liongames at the store. There's no way I can wait till next week to play this.

Well the game is on the way but didn't get dropped off at the PO until 2pm so might not make it until this weekend. Decided to rent it from Blockbuster using 80 coke points so I will have GTA4 for a month and a half for $1.25 so I guess I can wait.

bread's done
Back