Lips Bundle w/2 Wireless Mics (360) $24.49, #1 Hits Bundle $23.45 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]17588[/IMG-R]Amazon's 3rd party merchants have great deals on these Lips bundles. They come with (1 or 2) wireless mics that work great in Rock Band & Guitar Hero. The mics by themselves retail for $25 each. Both are eligible for free shipping and Amazon Prime.

Updated for price drop:
:360: Lips Bundle (w/2 mics) $24.49 track list
:360: Lips #1 Hits Bundle (w/1 mic) $23.45 track list

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingDox']Will RB3 have use for two mics?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, it will support up to 3, just like the Beatles and Green Day games. There is a detailed thread in the xbox gaming section of the forum if you'd care to learn more.

[quote name='abhinav']Will RB3 have all 3 player singing parts like the Beatles RB?[/QUOTE]

Please see the post directly above yours?

It will have harmony vocals just like Beatles and Green Day, for the new songs on the RB3 disc, and for new DLC that is coded to include harmonies. Older DLC songs, and exports from the RB1 and RB2 discs will not have harmonies, but the game should still allow you to sing into any of the connected microphones.

I already got my order, even though I just placed it yesterday!

My Rock Band 2 is fully updated, but I still notice some lag on the Lips mics. It's not too bad though, and I get used to it after just a couple minutes.

I was waiting to pull the trigger on this. I got the Lips: #1 Hits bundle with 1 mic a long time ago, and I was looking for the original one with another mic.

Thanks for the update! In for one.

Two wireless mics for a good price is not bad when Rock Band 3 is coming out in a week and a Halloween party I'm attending is going to feature it.

Thanks, Cheapy!

I just bought, from a vender on the lips page, two wireless mics with shipping (no game) for $14.
If they work, this is a damn steal.
Also, the mics work really well (I had two already and lost one). They work great with green day rock band and beatles rock band, but only decent in RB2. I assume, with RB3 coming (harmonies!) you'll want to pick up some of these mics.

My local Kmart had the Lips bundle with two mics for $14.xx a few months back. Perhaps you guys PM SHC-Stock-Boy and see if he can find one before you jump on it. I am tempted to get #1 Hits now that I have LIPS so I can keep my lady friend from taking my mics

[quote name='dipset121']is this deal dead now?[/QUOTE]

Looks like Lips is 29.98 now, but #1 hits is even cheaper fro a 2nd vendor fulfilled by amazon... If you don't have either one, I'd have gone for lips, since you get 2 mics...

FYI if anyone you know is interested in this game or wants to borrow your copy, make sure they know ONLY the wireless mics will work for the game. Somebody bought Lips used at my local Gamestop last weekend and went into the store to return it yesterday because they couldn't get their American Idol wired mics to work with the game. When I told the story to the Ragtag CAG's I was playing 360 with last night they didn't realize it only worked with the wireless mics.

Reason being is the mics have sensors in them for when they're shaken (to activate their version of star power, etc.) and the game has to sense those specific mics.

[quote name='reddjoey']My local Kmart had the Lips bundle with two mics for $14.xx a few months back. Perhaps you guys PM SHC-Stock-Boy and see if he can find one before you jump on it. I am tempted to get #1 Hits now that I have LIPS so I can keep my lady friend from taking my mics[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got it almost 1 year ago today for that price at a St. Louis area Target I hadn't been to in over 2 years. I was working nearby that day and my conscience told me to check that Target for clearance, and I was rewarded.

Don't forget LIPS has avatar awards now as well.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI if anyone you know is interested in this game or wants to borrow your copy, make sure they know ONLY the wireless mics will work for the game. Somebody bought Lips used at my local Gamestop last weekend and went into the store to return it yesterday because they couldn't get their American Idol wired mics to work with the game. When I told the story to the Ragtag CAG's I was playing 360 with last night they didn't realize it only worked with the wireless mics.

Reason being is the mics have sensors in them for when they're shaken (to activate their version of star power, etc.) and the game has to sense those specific mics.[/QUOTE]

#1 Hits, 80s, and Party Classics have compatibility with the USB mics though.

[quote name='GamerChris']#1 Hits, 80s, and Party Classics have compatibility with the USB mics though.[/QUOTE]

Oh OK my bad. Figured if the first Lips needed the wireless ones then all of them did. Or if Lips does support wired mics then I guess the couple I saw at Gamestop couldn't figure it out properly.

bread's done
Back