Lips - Starring Superstar Singing Sensation Duffy

Love the DLC in this game. Unlike the Singstore POS which can't even release songs that were on the friggin' PS2 discs. And the songs that have been coming out are either:
1. Euro no-name (to a North American)
2. Ancient and not very fun to sing to.
Sony keeps screwing it up. We want to give them our money but they're making it hard for us to open our wallets. Here's to hoping Lips gives them a much needed kick in the pants. I've bought almost all the Xmas songs in Lips so far and 3 "normal" songs. I probably will start i nvesting in Lips rather than the Singstore the way things are going. Love the wireless mics and the ability to just "join in."
People say Lips is easy but despite being able to do a pretty consistent 8500+ points in Singstar, I have some difficulty getting 1.5 million points in the Lips songs.

[quote name='62t']yea not sure why so many people want to use the rock band mic. Lips bundle with a wireless mic.[/quote]

It's not so much that as it's people wanna use the LIPS mics in Rockband....

[quote name='sfu_lifer']Love the DLC in this game. Unlike the Singstore POS which can't even release songs that were on the friggin' PS2 discs. And the songs that have been coming out are either:
1. Euro no-name (to a North American)
2. Ancient and not very fun to sing to.
Sony keeps screwing it up. We want to give them our money but they're making it hard for us to open our wallets. Here's to hoping Lips gives them a much needed kick in the pants. I've bought almost all the Xmas songs in Lips so far and 3 "normal" songs. I probably will start i nvesting in Lips rather than the Singstore the way things are going. Love the wireless mics and the ability to just "join in."
People say Lips is easy but despite being able to do a pretty consistent 8500+ points in Singstar, I have some difficulty getting 1.5 million points in the Lips songs.[/quote]

i think it's pretty easy to score over a million in this game. My sister told me to sing lip gloss yesterday. I thought eh what the hell could count towards my achievement. I got over 1.5mil even though I didn't even know the lyrics! If you really wanted to you could just talk into the mic and earn points as that's what I ended up doing for more than half of the song. Just be sure to always activate your star power when you get the chance and say something when the lyrics come up (whether you're talking or singing ;)).

I am loving the game though. The ability to add my own music in the music bank is awesome. The only complaint I have is the music videos it's kind of distracting, I would rather have nothing on the screen with the words like rock band. Too bad we cant add our own lyrics on the screen. That would be really cool.

Going to pick this up for a Christmas day party at my house. If anyone thinks I am making a huge mistake by getting this over Singstar please speak now or forever hold your peace.

FYI-I am buying the 360 Version b/c I am lugging my 360 to moms' house for the get together and I am also bringing Rock Band 2 so I really don't want to bring the PS3 also.

has anyone played co-op on this? I find that everytime I play co-op with my own music there's a lot of static during the song.

OT: Can anyone with this game help me out with the Defending Champion & Fight for the first time achievements? I would really appreciate it since none of my friends have this game. I can help you in return.

i hope jackson 5 ABC isn't too cheesy for you lol. No but I sent the invite before you posted that. Sorry you can just reject my invite then.

Someone feel free to hit me up with a challenge I will probably send you one back as well. Just got the game for Christmas, Havnt had a chance to play it yet.... But if you send me a challenge I will make sure to complete it

[quote name='KSHLove']i hope jackson 5 ABC isn't too cheesy for you lol. No but I sent the invite before you posted that. Sorry you can just reject my invite then.[/quote]
LOL. It's not, someone chose Dido for one and I don't feel like singing it a second time.

So I got the game for Christmas and since it will be a mostly played game I installed it to my hard drive.... Anyone know why when it's installed the name comes up as "Lips Disc 1" Was I supposed to get another disc or something?

some good DLC coming up
http://kotaku.com/5132194/january-lips-dlc-finds-that-lovin-feelin

Available on January 16
When I Grow Up – The Pussycat Dolls*
You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ – The Righteous Brothers**
Erase/Rewind – The Cardigans*

Available on January 23
Hate That I Love You – Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo**
Thnks fr th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy*
Look What You’ve Done – Jet*

Available on January 30

Sunday Morning – Maroon 5*
Take A Bow – Rihanna**
Water Runs Dry – Boyz II Men*

*songs available for purchase for 160 Microsoft Points
**songs available for purchase for 180 Microsoft Points

[quote name='akilshohen']some good DLC coming up
http://kotaku.com/5132194/january-lips-dlc-finds-that-lovin-feelin

Available on January 16
When I Grow Up – The Pussycat Dolls*
You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ – The Righteous Brothers**
Erase/Rewind – The Cardigans*

Available on January 23
Hate That I Love You – Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo**
Thnks fr th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy*
Look What You’ve Done – Jet*

Available on January 30

Sunday Morning – Maroon 5*
Take A Bow – Rihanna**
Water Runs Dry – Boyz II Men*

*songs available for purchase for 160 Microsoft Points
**songs available for purchase for 180 Microsoft Points[/quote]

hey those songs are decent :). Better than the ones I've seen in the market place.

March brings a slew of fixes, features, and fan favorites to the Xbox 360 karaoke game Lips, with an early March title update delivering improved scoring and international leaderboards, just in time for Coldplay. As a proud owner of Lips, I've often felt the game has given me far too much credit for my vibrato. I mean, I can vibrato as well as the next guy, but Lips thinks I'm some kind of vibrato machine. Hopefully that error will be fixed in the early March Lips title update, which promises to improve the game's scoring system, tweak vibrato detection, and launch global leaderboards, allowing me to see how much better everyone else in the world sings. Joy!
The update is scheduled for early March, ideally before the March 13th release of the Coldplay track pack, featuring three songs from the Grammy-award winning band: "The Scientist", "Speed of Sound", and "In My Place."
Below you'll full list of downloadable songs heading to Lips leading up to the Coldplay track pack, from this week's "How to Save A Life", The Fray's tune that Scrubs always uses when it wants to be serious, to March 6th's addition of Metro Station's "Shake It", quickly becoming the most annoying song of the decade.
Available Now!
Speed Up – Funkerman
How To Save A Life – The Fray
Swing Life Away – Rise Against

Available on 2/27
The Adventure – Angels and Airwaves
Amber – 311
In The Shadows – The Rasmus

Available on 3/6
Hook Me Up – The Veronicas
Lips of an Angel – Hinder
Shake It – Metro Station
http://kotaku.com/5160884/lips-getting-better-scoring-leaderboards-and-coldplay

Coldplay track pack eh?
Seems terrible, considering I have Speed of Sound on Singstar and I already bought In My Place for Lips. DAMN, I want the Scientist.
I hope it is released individually!

IMO the game needs a total do-over to have real improvements. I find it more disturbing than fun, LOL.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I want to play this but I wish they added more rock/alternative DLC[/QUOTE]

You should check out this game called Rock Band. Tons of rock/alternative songs.

Will someone please explain to me how to download songs through the game's interface? Lips seems to bring up all the songs on my PC but not give me an easy way to buy songs (and yes, I know I can go through the Marketplace.)

Edit:

I figured it out. Man, the Lips UI is slow and horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
They also load slowly every time you try to sort them, despite the fact that Rock Band can sort songs instantly and has a way larger library of songs that it's sorting. Kinda silly.

I am enjoying the game though.

Picked this up on the cheap today at Target. Wondering how it will compare to Singstar. If anyone wants to do some challenges, add me.

I'd say Singstar is approximately 10 times better - mostly due to Lips' amazingly inept and slow interface. But Lips gets songs that we'll never see in Singstar, which is cool.

[quote name='eastx']I'd say Singstar is approximately 10 times better - mostly due to Lips' amazingly inept and slow interface. But Lips gets songs that we'll never see in Singstar, which is cool.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have a problem with Lips interface. I have a huge problem with the fact that I got nearly 5 million points on a song that I had never even heard before, just by saying "blah blah blah blah blah" into the mic. If you try that in singstar, you're at least going to get a low score...

i think they are about the same. each one needs something the other has. i owned 4 singstars and 1 lips. I like both personally but i lean more on lips.

[quote name='eastx']I'd say Singstar is approximately 10 times better - mostly due to Lips' amazingly inept and slow interface. But Lips gets songs that we'll never see in Singstar, which is cool.[/QUOTE]

Just picked this up today at target on clearance and I have to agree. Trying to find a song on this is horrible and honestly a lot of these songs I don't care about (but that's just my taste). The importing of songs is a nice idea but kinda pointless, also the scoring for this game makes it all seem kinda pointless. Oh well, it's only been a day so I'll give it more time and maybe when the GF gets back home we'll get more enjoyment out of it.

Im hoping the patch letting you use the Lips mic for Rockband comes soon.:drool::bouncy:

I enjoy singing songs from my ipod, although Im disappointed in some of the songs that are restricted(I guess) on my ipod that I cant sing on Lips

bread's done
Back