List of all free Windows 8 Store Xbox games | Added Tiny Troopers

Anyone else having a near impossible time finding a game in Uno & Friends....or even being able to connect to their servers to start the game?

For anyone playing Galactic Reign just for the achievements, you can self-boost against a 2nd silver account on the same Win8 device using the switch user function. You don't need to be Gold to play it online, and since the game is free, the silver account also has access to it. Also, you must be connected online to even play the offline single player mode.

Game has a pretty interesting concept, but since the servers are going down and random MP is dead, it's probably not worth the time to learn all the intricacies and strategies of the game.

Hexic is Free now!!

apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-tt/app/hexic/b59f8567-6db8-47c4-90e1-f6fe4609b8b8
For whatever reason this isn't available in the US....? What region is "tt"?

EDIT: en-tt is Trinidad and Tobago

EDIT 2: Anyone know Microsoft's stance on region spoofing for Windows 8? I don't want this thread to run into the same mistake as the XBL one; but I would like to post info for letting other users figure out how to change their region...

Also, Project Spark (requires beta key) is free! Updating OP.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/735aaf10-e354-4645-9cb4-c9f2fc391ec5

Last edited by a moderator:
For whatever reason this isn't available in the US....? What region is "tt"?

EDIT: en-tt is Trinidad and Tobago

EDIT 2: Anyone know Microsoft's stance on region spoofing for Windows 8? I don't want this thread to run into the same mistake as the XBL one; but I would like to post info for letting other users figure out how to change their region...

Also, Project Spark (requires beta key) is free! Updating OP.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/735aaf10-e354-4645-9cb4-c9f2fc391ec5
I bet a ban on all devices including consoles. If you go hmmm should i it means it is bad to do and ms does not mess around anymore. If you do not mind getting locked out of that account and/or devices you know what to do but it is breaking ms terms which is considered marketplace fraud. Sorry but is it worth the chance? i say hell no but that is just me.

Anyone know Microsoft's stance on region spoofing for Windows 8? I don't want this thread to run into the same mistake as the XBL one; but I would like to post info for letting other users figure out how to change their region...
It's not really a case of 'spoofing' your region, all you need to do is change the "Country or Region" setting in Windows 8's settings.

I bet a ban on all devices including consoles. If you go hmmm should i it means it is bad to do and ms does not mess around anymore. If you do not mind getting locked out of that account and/or devices you know what to do but it is breaking ms terms which is considered marketplace fraud. Sorry but is it worth the chance? i say hell no but that is just me.

Are any of these it op for wp?
Any of what? And for what? This thread is only Windows 8, not Windows Phone...

It's not really a case of 'spoofing' your region, all you need to do is change the "Country or Region" setting in Windows 8's settings.
Poor choice of words, although really you would end up more or less tricking MS into thinking you are in another region. And yes, I know its a simple local procedure, I just didn't want to mention specifics until after getting a good feel for what others think on the topic.

Poor choice of words, although really you would end up more or less tricking MS into thinking you are in another region. And yes, I know its a simple local procedure, I just didn't want to mention specifics until after getting a good feel for what others think on the topic.
I understand, I wasn't actually giving any thought that I was posting how to do it, and was more aiming at pointing out that it doesn't take the active 'working the system' that was/is needed to access other regions specific content on the Xbox Marketplace.

Any of what? And for what? This thread is only Windows 8, not Windows Phone...

Actually it does not say that and i got a wp8 phone so it is not a dumb question for new people or for most. I suggest putting this in op but do whatever...

Also people like you get people banned cause you think it is ok. Do some searching before you pounce it is considered marketplace fraud with ms so do not whine they locked you out on the accounts you used and ban console/device with that account. I bet you use throw away accounts since you seem to like doing bad things.

btw alot of these deals are good for wp8. later scrub.

/ME walks away.

I understand, I wasn't actually giving any thought that I was posting how to do it, and was more aiming at pointing out that it doesn't take the active 'working the system' that was/is needed to access other regions specific content on the Xbox Marketplace.
Check ms tou that is against the terms for awhile now. Do what you people want warning people just gets you flamed now. I know why people troll the ban threads now...

Right, and I understand that; but as NightCat says, it MAY be against MS ToU regardless. It most definitely is not as nefarious as Xbox though.

Actually it does not say that and i got a wp8 phone so it is not a dumb question for new people or for most. I suggest putting this in op but do whatever...
Didn't say it was a dumb question...I literally just did not understand what you were asking. That said, OP title is very clear that its just Windows 8 Store. There are separate threads for Xbox, Windows 8, and Windows Phone for sales; the same applies for these free games. They are different platforms.

Also people like you get people banned cause you think it is ok. Do some searching before you pounce it is considered marketplace fraud with ms so do not whine they locked you out on the accounts you used and ban console/device with that account. I bet you use throw away accounts since you seem to like doing bad things.
Wow dude...I'm the one NOT advocating obtaining games out of region without full understanding. Did you not read that from my saying not wanting to mention specifics until after its been decided on...so that people wont mindlessly start getting games out of their region...

btw alot of these deals are good for wp8. later scrub.
I know, there is alot of cross similarities between WP8 and W8...but I just have no way of saying that, nor would I for the reasons mentioned previously. If you want to take on the responsibility of making a free thread, do so. Otherwise ask eastx to make one, as he handles the WP thread for sales.

Check ms tou that is against the terms for awhile now. Do what you people want warning people just gets you flamed now. I know why people troll the ban threads now...
Can you provide specific reference to the portion of the ToU so that I can specify it in the OP and maintain leaving Hexic region specific.

Right, and I understand that; but as NightCat says, it MAY be against MS ToU regardless. It most definitely is not as nefarious as Xbox though.

Didn't say it was a dumb question...I literally just did not understand what you were asking. That said, OP title is very clear that its just Windows 8 Store. There are separate threads for Xbox, Windows 8, and Windows Phone for sales; the same applies for these free games. They are different platforms.

Wow dude...I'm the one NOT advocating obtaining games out of region without full understanding. Did you not read that from my saying not wanting to mention specifics until after its been decided on...so that people wont mindlessly start getting games out of their region...

I know, there is alot of cross similarities between WP8 and W8...but I just have no way of saying that, nor would I for the reasons mentioned previously. If you want to take on the responsibility of making a free thread, do so. Otherwise ask eastx to make one, as he handles the WP thread for sales.

Can you provide specific reference to the portion of the ToU so that I can specify it in the OP and maintain leaving Hexic region specific.
Guess win 8 on wp 8.0 is not confusing it can mean both...

The ban thread and others mention it many times and it is in the terms itself. Sorry to be an you know what but the title is confusing for new userst like me to win 8 in general.

Guess win 8 on wp 8.0 is not confusing it can mean both...

The ban thread and others mention it many times and it is in the terms itself. Sorry to be an you know what but the title is confusing for new userst like me to win 8 in general.
Well sorry, but I don't really know how else to word it then other than to specify this is not a windows phone thread...but that's really not efficient for the constraints of the title.

Also, sorry, but the ban thread for xbox is COMPLETELY different from Windows 8. There is not a unified ToU for all Microsoft products. If you know the specific ToU section that relates to this topic that is specific to the Windows 8 Store, please provide that; otherwise the relation between the two platforms isn't valid.

Well sorry, but I don't really know how else to word it then other than to specify this is not a windows phone thread...but that's really not efficient for the constraints of the title.

Also, sorry, but the ban thread for xbox is COMPLETELY different from Windows 8. There is not a unified ToU for all Microsoft products. If you know the specific ToU section that relates to this topic that is specific to the Windows 8 Store, please provide that; otherwise the relation between the two platforms isn't valid.
Maybe put in op post?

I just wanted to warn about devices linked to that account cause ms is anti fake region recently and is just a warning. I do not know all but i know if you get banned on that one account they ban access to it and sucks for people like myself that link all to one account.

Anywho do whatever but enough people do things like i do and will it happen to whoever got me but they do ban accounts for getting stuff out of regions now.

Maybe put in op post?
Well I thought it was clear enough in my distinction of comparing the two other platforms using "Xbox"
These games are all Xbox Live compatible, and each have their own set of achievements just like any Xbox 360 or Windows Phone 7/8 Xbox games.
I just wanted to warn about devices linked to that account cause ms is anti fake region recently and is just a warning. I do not know all but i know if you get banned on that one account they ban access to it and sucks for people like myself that link all to one account.

Anywho do whatever but enough people do things like i do and will it happen to whoever got me but they do ban accounts for getting stuff out of regions now.
Opinion noted, thanks! But in reading the ToU for the Windows Store, I think there is no restriction on region switching for the Windows 8 Platform.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-store-terms-of-use

What apps can I get from the Windows Store?
The Windows Store includes apps and other features that may vary depending on the region and device from which you're accessing the Windows Store. If you change your account settings to a different region, you may not be able to re-download or roam apps or content that was available to you in your previous region. You may also be required to repurchase or pay for a license to apps or content, even if you’ve already paid for them in the previous region. Your use of the Windows Store is at your own risk. We have content standards for application submission, but we aren’t responsible or liable for apps or content that you may find to be offensive, explicit, or otherwise objectionable. We provide content ratings for each app available in the Windows Store for your convenience, but we can’t guarantee their accuracy or that you'll agree with the rating.
They really only seem to care about insuring standards on content between regions; not limiting user access.

Microsoft Bingo: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-ca/app/1dcef461-65b5-44c0-8c1e-53128d539bd9

Window 8.1 Exclusive, seems to be Canadian only? (source)
Thanks, added to OP. And ya, doesn't seem to have a US link...but since region switching is not really against Windows 8 ToU...

EDIT: and on that topic, does anyone oppose adding region switching instructions to OP? I mean, from everything I've read, it seems to not violate the ToU, and even seems to be implied as acceptable in Microsoft's own FAQs...

Thanks, added to OP. And ya, doesn't seem to have a US link...but since region switching is not really against Windows 8 ToU...

EDIT: and on that topic, does anyone oppose adding region switching instructions to OP? I mean, from everything I've read, it seems to not violate the ToU, and even seems to be implied as acceptable in Microsoft's own FAQs...
pfft....

Clearly know how you feel on subject, lol. I'm taking it pretty cautiously; but you have to understand, the marketplaces follow COMPLETELY different ToU. Regardless, I still value ANY input, and since you've been the only one to respond directly on the subject substantially, I've not moved forward with advocating it.

So I played a bit of the Disney Infinity game but it does not seem to give achievements. I have done some of the stuff listed on the achievement list but they dont unlock.

I'm guessing it needs to be patched.
Most probably...

Also, a note on Glacier Blast; it requires Canada region for online play. So whereas typically you would switch back to your preferred region after adding app to your account; if you want to play online, you must be in the Canada region.

I'd leave it in as long as there is a mention about the bannings of 2013. Personally, I'm not risking it. Maybe if the games didn't have XBL features, I would.

bread's done
Back