List of all free Windows 8 Store Xbox games | Added Tiny Troopers

Just a reminder: Galactic Reign doesn't work any more.

And something else: It seems that the web based version of Wordament has quietly vanished, can't find any information about how/why it's been retired, it's just not there any more. :(

And something else: It seems that the web based version of Wordament has quietly vanished, can't find any information about how/why it's been retired, it's just not there any more. :(
I think it was just a beta. Looks like it went the way of 1 vs. 100

Yep, Galactic Reign's last day was 2/28.

Strange about Wordament...It was working recently...wonder how long ago it disappeared?

HEXIC (Microsoft) is now completely FREE on Windows 8/8.1 App Store and has Achievements! Ad-supported; no in-app purchases.

So I think we need a Windows 8 Store free Xbox games thread. These games are all Xbox Live compatible, and each have their own set of achievements just like any Xbox 360 or Windows Phone 7/8 Xbox games.

List of Free Xbox Games
Adera (Episode 1 is free, each subsequent episode available via in-app purchase)
AlphaJax
Cut The Rope [Additional levels via in-app purchases]
Disney Infinity: Toy Box
Disney The Little Mermaid Undersea Treasures
Endless Skater

FIFA 14 *NEW 03/27*
Glacier Blast
The Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
Jetpack Joyride
Microsoft Bingo
Microsoft Mahjong
Microsoft Minesweeper
Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Monsters Love Candy
Pinball FX2 [Same deal as with the Xbox 360, tables are in-app purchased DLC, Comes with Mars table]
Project Spark [requires beta key]
Samurai vs Zombies Defense
Shuffle Party
Six-Guns
Taptiles
Team Crossword
Throne Together
UNO & Friends
Wordament

Free Outside US [How To Change Region - This does not appear to violate the ToU; but as usual, proceed at own risk]
Hexic (region Trinidad and Tobago)
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ for Toshiba (region New Zealand, Australia) [requires a Toshiba computer, is only trial, full game unlock via in-app purchase, separate achievements]
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ for VAIO (region New Zealand, US) [requires a Sony Vaio computer, is only trial, full game unlock via in-app purchase, separate achievements]

[customspoiler=Previously Free]
Crash Course Go! [Trial used to = Full Version]
Fruit Ninja [Free via Windows Consumer Preview]
Gravity Guy [Was free for limited time from ~4/9-23/2013]
iStunt 2 [Was free for limited time from ~4/9-23/2013]
Monster Island [Was free for limited time from ~4/9-23/2013]
[/customspoiler]

Related, Non-Xbox
Call of Duty (New "Elite" App)
Grand Theft Auto: iFruit

[customspoiler=Dead]
List of Free Xbox Games
Galactic Reign
Web Based
Wordament (Other Regions: UK)
[/customspoiler]

Link to Sales Thread

HEXIC (Microsoft) is now completely FREE on Windows 8/8.1 App Store and has Achievements! Ad-supported; no in-app purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming that the achievements from the 360 version of WSOP don't automatically unlock on the Win8 version since no one on TA has completed it yet?

can't believe hexic is back.  that was a free game that came on my xbox 360 so long ago...and it does not run on my windows 8.1...just get stuck on the title screen

I'm disappointed that the WSOP Full House Pro Win8 achievements don't carry over from the 360 version. Mostly because I used up all my chips getting the achievements on 360, and now I no longer have the chips to get the new achievements on Win8.

Warning to any OCD achievement hunters out there, WSOP Win8 does NOT have timestamps even though you must be online to even play it. That also voids any achievement streaks if you care about that as well.

Ubisoft Xbox Rabbids Big Bang was indeed free for a limited time in Windows Store, but is no longer free now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gunstringer: Dead Man Running is being delisted after today.

Disney The Little Mermaid: Undersea Treasures! has already been delisted and the unreleased DLC will never be released leaving 17 unobtainable achievements.

I just installed Windows 8 the other day on my laptop (Thanks AppBuilder Rewards for the free upgrade!).  This was a great list.  It does seem that Glacier Blast has been delisted as it coming up as not available.

Also of note you still have Gunstringer and Disney The Little Mermaid in the OP which have been mentioned previously and have been delisted for some time now.

bread's done
Back