List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

wish SSX would've been first. 

think it was keen of them though;   bet they're not going to have to reward near as many for their 10hrs on GWG's this month;

raven first -many will plainly skip it (myself included)

SSX second -many will be too busy for 10hrs.

So, this month's first free game for 360 users is only the first part of an episodic game. I find that to be even more insulting than the time when they offered Gotham City Imposters, a game that I already had downloaded onto my gaming PC free of charge two years beforehand, (the Steam version of GCI went free-to-play in mid-2012.)

There's a Keurig avatar prop on the Canadian dashboard. I tried getting it to download on my US account and it didn't work. So I assume it's Canadian only.

thumblg.png

theres a project spark AD on US dashboard says avatar prop coming soon so be on the look out for it...
The ad is now on The Grid. Unfortunately it still says coming soon for the avatar prop.

Also, here's hoping we get some extra stuff out of this DDoS attack.
Oh, so that's why Xbox Live has been acting funky. I was trying to pick-up a few last minute Black Friday/Cyber Monday game deals and I couldn't do it last night. Luckily it appears to be working again this morning and the deals are still up.

don't know why microsoft insists on sending codes via xbl message.  O had a few things expire so code was lost.  looks liek they're still doing that

I could never find this ad on my profile. I managed to find it using one of my other accounts. Once I got the ad up I logged out and signed into my main account and was able to get the prop. I've never heard of BoomCo before. I guess it's some Nerf type gun toy. Oh and it looks like you can get a second blue gun if you hit the target.

thumblg.png
thumblg.png
The BoomCo ad is in The Grid now.

Why are Xbone users able to download without a card attached while 360 users have to have a card attached? What is the point of making things harder for 360 users?
Just get yourself a Visa, Mastercard or AMEX gift card. I have an AMEX gift card on my Xbox account. I used up must of the funds on it. I think you might need $1 or so for the authorization hold the first time.

You could also use PayPal.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/manage-payment-options/use-paypal

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want to chance accidental purchases, you can disable purchase approval on PayPal's backend while still using it as a payment option so you can get free items from the marketplace.  Not sure that's what you're looking for but i know it's a common request.

You can view messages on smart glass too and I use an old pre paid visa card too with like a penny balance left on for my accounts so accidental purchases won't go through.

Many credit cards offer the ability to setup a short time limited balance card - Bank Of America calls it a "Shop Safe" number.  Basically it is a virtual Visa or Mastercard number but limited to the time period and amount you pick.  I use these for web purchases places I have not bought from previously and places I want to be sure I don't get charged by accident such as a Netflix trial or XBOX account.  I usually setup a $5 card good for a couple months and then can use it for different things that require a card to validate but I don't want to actually charge anything.

There's an Ad. in UK Dashboard form Lego Star Wars says "Avatar Coming Soon", i'm really hoping theres no Region Locked

1417806510_tmp_20141204_140734.jpg

The Slim Jim ad (found in The Grid) has another in-ad game called Boss Beat Down (sort of like Street Fighter). The other game is Daily Meat (sort of like Paperboy)

There's an Ad. in UK Dashboard form Lego Star Wars says "Avatar Coming Soon", i'm really hoping theres no Region Locked

phpgNPssdAM.jpg
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it won't be region-locked, but it probably will be.

Can anyone still get this for free on Xbox.com? -> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/ryse/executions

It's the one which gives you a Gemmea Augustea Shield for Ryse. Completed it but it doesn't give any code or doesn't take me to a redeem page as reportedly it should.
I watched the video and went through all 20 moves and I was given a code. The code appears in the URL on the redemption page that is opened after you view all 5 shield moves. Because I wasn't signed in, the redemption page just sat there but I saw the code in the URL.

I watched the video and went through all 20 moves and I was given a code. The code appears in the URL on the redemption page that is opened after you view all 5 shield moves. Because I wasn't signed in, the redemption page just sat there but I saw the code in the URL.
Can I have it? Please? For some reason I can't get any. :(

5 shield moves? I go through all 20 moves and click "continue" on the popup that comes up but nothing happens. Is there something else with 5 more moves that we're missing? I've tried in Chrome, FF and IE but nothing so far. :(

5 shield moves? I go through all 20 moves and click "continue" on the popup that comes up but nothing happens. Is there something else with 5 more moves that we're missing? I've tried in Chrome, FF and IE but nothing so far. :(
In my first try I got only 4 shields messages instead 5. In IE I got all and at 20/20 moves (for the last 5/5 shield) I got the reedem message.

Xbox Music Deals App: 100 Various Artist Albums: Avicii, Linkin Park & More Free (Windows 8 or Smartphone Required)

Note, you must either use a PC with Windows 8 OS or a Windows 8 Smartphone to achieve this offer.

1. Click this link here (if you're using PC w/ Windows 8)
  2. Click this link here (if you're using Smartphone w/ Windows 8)
    • Install the Music Deals App to your PC or Smartphone
  3. Proceed to open up the Music Deals App
  4. Click on "Holiday Freebies" 100 Free Albums
  5. Proceed to select the album of your choice for Free
    • When asked to Switch to Music Deals on your PC, click yes
  6. In the Xbox Music Deals, click on "Get it Free" and login to your Microsoft Account and proceed to download. [Click here to sign up for a free Microsoft Account]
  7. Your album should start downloading
Saw this on SD this morning.
They added some more free full albums. Limited-time offer. Says 6 days left. I would get it ASAP if you are interested in any of them.

Someone sent me a PM for the shield code! Thanks a bunch!

On topic, I see on XBLDB that The Crew - Ferrari 458 Sepciale is free but can't seem to also locate that item anywhere. Thoughts on this?

Someone sent me a PM for the shield code! Thanks a bunch!

On topic, I see on XBLDB that The Crew - Ferrari 458 Sepciale is free but can't seem to also locate that item anywhere. Thoughts on this?
I don't see it listed on XBOX Live - you may have to purchase the Season Pass to 'unlock' it for free (as it's exclusive to the Season Pass).

Ok, i was just in too much of a hurry and skipping moves.  I didn't realize there were pop-ups until you mentioned the 5 of 5 thing. I was confused about that vs the 20 of 20 moves thing.  When I finally took my time it was clear what you were talking about.  For anyone too impatient like me, here are more exact instructions:

Gemma Augusta Shield: (Designed exclusively for multiplayer gladiator clashes on Ryse: Son of Rome)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/ryse/executions

You can skip the initial video.  Then you can skip every "Move" except these:
  • Move 02/20 (After the move, click "Proceed Onward" in the popup.)
  • Move 07/20 (After the move, click "Continue" in the "Shield Strike 1/5" popup.)
  • Move 13/20 (After the move, click "Continue" in the "Shield Strike 2/5" popup.)
  • Move 18/20 (After the move, click "Continue" in the "Shield Strike 3/5" popup.)
  • Move 19/20 (After the move, click "Continue" in the "Shield Strike 4/5" popup.)
  • Move 20/20 (After the move, click "Continue" in the "Shield Strike 5/5" popup then click "Redeem Now" in the new popup for your code.  The code is embedded in the URL of this link.)

Navy ads are starting to show up again on the US dashboard. You can get the Navy Working Uniform Type III Avatar Outfit. It's an oldie, but in case you missed it, here is your opportunity to get it again.

I also noticed that you can get it via Xbox.com now.

Male - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Male-Navy-Working-Uniform-Type-III/00000ffc-ecc2-c2a1-c2cf-081458570b38

Female - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Female-Navy-Working-Uniform-Type-III/00000ffc-6efc-62f2-cee1-f45958570b38

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12320011" timestamp="1418327422"]Is there any way to just 'buy' these albums on my account and not have to download them all?[/quote]
I was trying to find a way not to have them automatically downloaded as well but haven't found a way yet.

Haha, yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of Microsoft's marketing strategy. They probably see adding all of the extra downloadable items as free advertising. Even though the DLC is free, you still have to buy the game in order to actually use the "free" items. It's sort of like the loss leader strategy, I guess.

bread's done
Back