List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

Probably only the first two levels like it was for EA Access members.
From what I read it's just the first level.

I'm not sure if this is off topic or don't but you can use an Xbox Live gamertag / account to play them.

If you have an Phone or Tablet with Android 4.1 or higher you can download two Microsoft Studios games with achievements.

Snap Attack

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.snapattack&hl=en

Wordament

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.wordament&hl=en

(this is the same game avaliable on Xbox Web)
Also available on ios for free with seperate achievements. Age of empires is also free on ios, but not android.

Dead Space (Xbox 360) GWG appears to be free now.

Make sure it says FREE in the checkout. It was saying $14.99 still for me earlier, but it went through now.

Very old news, but in case people were not aware of it, there is a free Dead Space theme.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Dead-Space-Theme/00000000-0000-4003-803f-000745410857
Oddly I'm getting this message

d08d5d45e8ca797601ccd78d7bd85e21.jpg

Make sure it says FREE in the checkout. It was saying $14.99 still for me earlier, but it went through now.

Very old news, but in case people were not aware of it, there is a free Dead Space theme.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Dead-Space-Theme/00000000-0000-4003-803f-000745410857
Oddly I'm getting this message
It was probably just too soon or servers were getting to many hits on the page. I downloaded it this morning on my Mac
All morning this was failing for me as well, but it just worked a few minutes ago. If you were having problems try again!

Last edited by a moderator:

So I went to buy this through the new Xbox One store front for 360 games. It said to click to see to see the price. It came up free. Good. But then it wanted a credit card tied to the account just as if I was trying to buy free things from the Xbox.com website. Very annoying. On the console you never got this message. I've always used prepaid cards to buy everything because I specifically wanted to keep credit cards off my console. The PS3 fiasco proved my point. Please withhold suggestions about using a prepaid debit card. Very annoying.

So I went to buy this through the new Xbox One store front. It said to click to see to see the price. It came up free. Good. But then it wanted a credit card tied to the account just as if I was trying to buy free things from the Xbox.com website. Very annoying. On the console you never got this message. I've always used prepaid cards to buy everything because I specifically wanted to keep credit cards off my console. The PS3 fiasco proved my point. Please withhold suggestions about using a prepaid debit card. Very annoying.
Just get a credit card and add it to your account. Simple as that

Just get a credit card and add it to your account. Simple as that
Have you ever had your info stolen online? I have. Huge pain in the ass. You'd be extra cautious afterwards too.
Most major credit cards offer a fake card number you can use for purposes just like this. On my Bank Of America cards it is called a Shop Safe number and I can set an amount and expiration date. I usually create a $1 card valid for a year which is enough for XBOX and many other services to validate the card is 'real' but not enough to do anything if someone were to get the number. I use this same number for a trials and other services that require a credit card but I have no intention of charging anything. I also create a card to use with websites that I have not bought from before or infrequently purchase from - much safer than giving out my 'real' number.

Have you ever had your info stolen online? I have. Huge pain in the ass. You'd be extra cautious afterwards too.
What's wrong with the prepaid debut option, then?

If you do have credit cards, you can see if one of them has a virtual card system. It's tied to your main account, but you can set a balance. I set one up with a $5 balance to use for my XBL account so I could redeem free 360 stuff through the web site.

What's wrong with the prepaid debut option, then?

If you do have credit cards, you can see if one of them has a virtual card system. It's tied to your main account, but you can set a balance. I set one up with a $5 balance to use for my XBL account so I could redeem free 360 stuff through the web site.
Yeah, I've used prepaid VISA gift cards for years. They generally last 3+ years and I've had no issue on Microsoft or most other free sites that require them.

All though I made it out of the Oman Wars without a scratch. I did have a butt hole clencing moment. When you start losing a console and all items tied to it and you have spent hundreds on games and dlc you haven't even played yet that free game that you probably won't even play doesn't sound that interesting anymore. I'm very cautious about that sort of thing now.
Glad to see other that others survived the Oman Wars. I thought I was one of the only ones. I downloaded so much too. LOL

So I went to buy this through the new Xbox One store front for 360 games. It said to click to see to see the price. It came up free. Good. But then it wanted a credit card tied to the account just as if I was trying to buy free things from the Xbox.com website. Very annoying. On the console you never got this message. I've always used prepaid cards to buy everything because I specifically wanted to keep credit cards off my console. The PS3 fiasco proved my point. Please withhold suggestions about using a prepaid debit card. Very annoying.
The problem is that the Xbox One store for BC games emulates the website xbox.com which requires a form of payment OTHER than MS credit.

As Renatto said, you can attach a PayPal account as a form of payment. If you don't want to leave PayPal attached to xbox.com you can log in to www.paypal.com and:

1. Click the gear near the top of the page.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Preapproved Payments
  4. Click Microsoft Corporation
  5. Click Cancel
That should break the link between xbox.com and PayPal.

Most major credit cards offer a fake card number you can use for purposes just like this. On my Bank Of America cards it is called a Shop Safe number and I can set an amount and expiration date. I usually create a $1 card valid for a year which is enough for XBOX and many other services to validate the card is 'real' but not enough to do anything if someone were to get the number. I use this same number for a trials and other services that require a credit card but I have no intention of charging anything. I also create a card to use with websites that I have not bought from before or infrequently purchase from - much safer than giving out my 'real' number.
This is a good idea. You can probably also use a Visa gift card as well. I think most shops sell them for whatever you wanna put on there. Minimum is probably 5 bucks.

Thanks for this. My kids will like this.

It's also free for Xbox 360.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Skin-Pack/8cfa3437-c0d7-481f-9929-96e7ed5d8bd8

Looks like it is free for the first week for all platforms.

https://mojang.com/2016/04/story-mode-skins-are-here-free-ish-for-the-first-week/

I guess that explains why they have a trial version of it as well.

After the first week, the skin pack will cost $2.99, but, as with any skin pack we release, some of the skins will remain free forever: in this case, you can play as any of the six available Jesse skins for the grand total of zero bucks.

But wait! Why did I say “free-ish”? For peculiar reasons, it’s not possible for us to give away the pack to Playstation players in Japan, or to Android users, either. So, instead, we’re going to charge the smallest amount it’s possible for us to charge on those platforms.

For Playstation players outside Japan, and for every other platform but Android, the skin pack will be totally 100% definitely entirely utterly properly free from April 6th to April 12th. So much free stuff! Here’s the word “free” another three times, for free: free free free.

Excellent! Hopefully this is a permanent thing for those who haven't yet played Alan Wake.
Good idea to grab it now in case it's a mistake. :)

Likely they are making it free since I've heard that some people weren't getting the DLC when they redeemed their Alan Wake code from Quantum Break.

bread's done
Back