List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

The last bans MS did were for changing your region to get a free title. Pretty much the same thing. Im not saying MS is going to ban you but none of these free games are worth it if they do decide to.
This is the truth, and anybody arguing otherwise is just deluding themselves

Dont risk losing your account just for some crappy Uzbekistan-only game or to save $1 by buying the Antarctica-Region version of a game

It's not the exact same thing though. It literally is not. People are very confused as to what the difference is, but there absolutely is a difference between the two things. People need to read better.

With Oman, that region DID NOT have actual Xbox Live service. If you log on with an Oman account, you can't play online, you don't see a marketplace, nothing. Since there's no marketplace, a lot of items were just set at a cost of 0, or free. There was a trick to be able to see the games to download them for free where you went to your recent items and clicked on a game and then searched for the free games. The games being free was 100% unintentional since if you tried to view the marketplace with an Oman account from the dashboard, you'd get nothing.

In this current instance of GWG games from Japan, the games are supposed to be free, Japan actually has a legit Live infrastructure, and you're not migrating your account or doing any other nonsense. All you're doing is changing the language displayed on Xbox.com, and the GWG games then show as free. I won't say that MS wouldn't ever ban for that, because I'm not them and I don't know how they make their decisions, but I will say without a doubt that this is not at all the same as what happened with Oman, and people need to stop saying it is.

It's not the exact same thing though. It literally is not. People are very confused as to what the difference is, but there absolutely is a difference between the two things. People need to read better.

With Oman, that region DID NOT have actual Xbox Live service. If you log on with an Oman account, you can't play online, you don't see a marketplace, nothing. Since there's no marketplace, a lot of items were just set at a cost of 0, or free. There was a trick to be able to see the games to download them for free where you went to your recent items and clicked on a game and then searched for the free games. The games being free was 100% unintentional since if you tried to view the marketplace with an Oman account from the dashboard, you'd get nothing.

In this current instance of GWG games from Japan, the games are supposed to be free, Japan actually has a legit Live infrastructure, and you're not migrating your account or doing any other nonsense. All you're doing is changing the language displayed on Xbox.com, and the GWG games then show as free. I won't say that MS wouldn't ever ban for that, because I'm not them and I don't know how they make their decisions, but I will say without a doubt that this is not at all the same as what happened with Oman, and people need to stop saying it is.
Amazing! I can give You a big five! :)

PS: unfortunately I think they will never understand what they read and the difference....

Dont risk losing your account just for some crappy Uzbekistan-only game or to save $1 by buying the Antarctica-Region version of a game
Think what You want, but I can tell you the truth: The thing that you wrote is: BULLSHIT! :)

And one more thing in Oman/Morocco/China/Serbia/Alger wars most of the people got console bann, not account...

I'm finished with it. Won't replay over and over again. Navigator2001Plus wrote very clearly the difference, that everyone can understand easy.

As I mentioned before got all the "free" games and still here, my account and consoles still alive. So I have to say If you got banned you had to do much more than a simple buy/download trick...

"The Truth Is Out There"

Last edited by a moderator:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows avatar prop free.   Saw the AD on the X1 dashboard. 

You get the turtles truck.   Requires download of Blippar app...and it sucks.   Instant uninstall after I got it.

It asks for a code, mine was 8668.  Hopefully its the same for all, and you wont have to download and use the shitty app.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows avatar prop free. Saw the AD on the X1 dashboard.
You get the turtles truck. Requires download of Blippar app...and it sucks. Instant uninstall after I got it.

It asks for a code, mine was 8668. Hopefully its the same for all, and you wont have to download and use the shitty app.
It looks like you saved many a person from getting Blippar. The 8668 code works.

Thanks sir

Cheers

The only thing I see people saying is that these (mostly lousy) games are just not worth the risk. THAT'S how it's exactly like Oman. Microsoft may have a whim and crack down on this tomorrow based on some vague TOS language...OR...maybe they will let everyone "get away" with this region switch forever. Nobody here has any idea what they might do, as you said yourself. And MS is not going to give one flying shaq-fu about how anybody thinks this is totally different than Oman since they're not really known for their fair appeals process.

As I mentioned before got all the "free" games and still here, my account and consoles still alive. So I have to say If you got banned you had to do much more than a simple buy/download trick...
You've said this about a dozen times and I chuckle every time since all I did was download the Oman games and got a console ban. So you don't know as much about this as you think. You make all these definitive statements about what happened or what may happen, but you're just guessing like everyone else. You were just plain lucky that you didn't get banned before...that's all. And if you want to play with fire again, go for it. I learned my lesson.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows avatar prop free. Saw the AD on the X1 dashboard.

You get the turtles truck. Requires download of Blippar app...and it sucks. Instant uninstall after I got it.

It asks for a code, mine was 8668. Hopefully its the same for all, and you wont have to download and use the shitty app.
Found a direct link to the avatar prop. Verified it is he same one that you get from the ad and entering that code. Thanks!

Oh and there's a free TMNT 2 theme pack as well that you can unlock by watching the videos. The ad was on my Xbox 360.

You can get that same theme pack from games -> browse games -> themes. There's also a free Warcraft movie theme in there as well.
thumblg.png

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/TMNT-2-Avatar-Prop/00001000-5676-b243-c92f-0c84484907e5

Amazing! I can give You a big five! :)

PS: unfortunately I think they will never understand what they read and the difference....
I am only speaking for myself but I am not saying that they are the SAME thing. I am saying that if MS wanted certain regions to have the games for free they would have released them in those regions for free. So switching regions may not be something they are cool with. Maybe they dont care, I dont know. You dont know either though.

They may never do anything about this and you can enjoy those free games with no issue. I am saying that IF Microsoft once day decides to take action, none of those freebies would be worth it. Maybe getting some $5 for free is worth the risk, however minimal, for you. I would rather not risk it for some below average title that I would not spend more than five minutes playing before deleting.

Found a direct link to the avatar prop. Verified it is he same one that you get from the ad and entering that code. Thanks!

Oh and there's a free TMNT 2 theme pack as well that you can unlock by watching the videos. The ad was on my Xbox 360.

You can get that same theme pack from games -> browse games -> themes. There's also a free Warcraft movie theme in there as well.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/TMNT-2-Avatar-Prop/00001000-5676-b243-c92f-0c84484907e5
I get an "Uh-oh that shouldn't have happened" message when trying to get it through the web site link.

I think this is region locked foe EU accounts. I got the same message with a US account even I'm in the EU.
Im in the US and got the same msg i just signed out all the way and back in reloaded the link and it worked…i had the same problem with another free item last week did the same thing and worked lol

I think this is region locked foe EU accounts. I got the same message with a US account even I'm in the EU.
It seems to be free in the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Brazil.

You're missing the US link buddy...where is it??? :)
Yeah, I wish it was available in the US. Those are the only countries I found it for. I assume there is some ad to unlock it, because the description for the avatar prop says "Congratulations! You've unlocked the Mercy Wings avatar prop!".

The Documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" (2006) will be FREE on May 24th.

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)

Director Davis Guggenheim eloquently weaves the science of global warming with Al Gore's personal history and lifelong commitment to reversing the effects of global climate change in the most talked-about documentary at Sundance.

The film will be available for free digital download on May 24th for a 24-hour period from major digital retailers including Amazon Video, Google Play, Cineplex Store, Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand, FandangoNOW, iTunes, Microsoft Movies & TV and VUDU.
Source

The Documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" (2006) will be FREE on May 24th.
That's great and an important message, but I'm curious, what's the occasion?

EDIT: Ah, 10th anniversary.

We have miles to go but we've made some progress. 10 years ago "Who Killed the Electric Car?" was a sad condemnation. Today I drive an electric car. Tesla got almost 400K preorders for their Model 3. I see Solar City vans all over the place adding solar panels to houses. Miles to go but hopefully one day our gaming will be powered by solar, wind, or some other clean energy source.

Finally MS locked all regions, so you can not buy items from other regions with foreign cards even use VPN. But you can buy Gift cards and use them for contents. 

Don't know what about the "Free" and '0.00" stuffs, maybe still works, but maybe not any more...

Finally MS locked all regions, so you can not buy items from other regions with foreign cards even use VPN. But you can buy Gift cards and use them for contents.

Don't know what about the "Free" and '0.00" stuffs, maybe still works, but maybe not any more...

do you mean like just now they did?

The pilot episode of Preacher, the TV series based on the infamous comic book, is free in the Microsoft Movies & TV app.
Preacher
I know it's supposed to be Xbox related, but I figured I'd mention it's also free on Amazon, VUDU, FandangoNow, Google Play, and iTunes.

Oh and there's a free Preacher #1 digital comic book available for a limited time.

https://www.comixology.com/Preacher-1-AMC-Edition-2016/digital-comic/380492

The Inconvenient Truth is showing up as free to own on Amazon, VUDU, Google Play, iTunes, and FandangoNow.

Not free on Microsoft Movies & TV yet, but it should be later on.

Suppose i have gift cards redeemed in my account or certain amount in my account, will i be able to still buy games from it from different regions?

I have Goat Simulator already (was free sometime ago for a couple of days), own The Crew Wild Run, and Xcom I finished two years ago. Nothing really great here. The only good thing I see is that The Crew will have more active players and that will be better for the game.

Nice, finally a good month for me. I missed out on Goat Simulator. Almost bought it when it was on sale at one point, but held off. Been meaning to try The Crew and X-Com as well.

bread's done
Back