List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I've found the Windows Phone ad twice now, but I can't get it to stay open long enough for me to actually get the prop. I hit A, the ad loads, the promptly goes back to the dashboard.

Is anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]
I have been

[quote name='in boston']Im also having trouble loading that ad.[/QUOTE]

Good to know I'm not alone.

At any rate, I found a workaround. Just do the "second profile trick" with another US account (sign in with a second profile, find and load the ad, then sign in with your main profile, and finally sign out of the second profile).

I was able to get the prop that way.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wow, I thought it was gonna be a paid XBLA game. Free is awesome. Where did you get confirmation on this?[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson tweeted that would be earlier today.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Doritos Crash Course 2 will be FREE on May 8th.:whee:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Crash-Course-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841124f[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']While surfing for the windows phone ad, I found an ad for Nuvigil tablets... When did they start advertising medicine?[/QUOTE]
Don't fucking bring up that damn Windows Phone ad! My god, I've tried and tried to find it with no luck, I just keep getting that Nissan ad EVERY fuckING TIME on EVERY fuckING ADSPACE!!! And to add insult to injury, I signed into my g/f's account and it was on the FIRST PAGE!!
:wall:

[quote name='CodeTrader']Doritos Crash Course 2 will be FREE on May 8th.:whee:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Crash-Course-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841124f[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']

Don't fucking bring up that damn Windows Phone ad! My god, I've tried and tried to find it with no luck, I just keep getting that Nissan ad EVERY fuckING TIME on EVERY fuckING ADSPACE!!! And to add insult to injury, I signed into my g/f's account and it was on the FIRST PAGE!!
:wall:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't been able to get it to pop up either, nothing but freaking car ads

There's a Verizon dashboard ad for free avatar props on the US dashboard, you can get

-Hover board prop
-Droid RAZR phone prop in white, purple? and black
-Verizon 4G Tablet prop
-Verizon jet pack powered elf prop

And there's a verizon theme

Edit: Google search makes this seem old but it's the first time i've ever seen this on my xbox, maybe mine is just slow ;-;

[quote name='Thatpoorguy']There's a Verizon dashboard ad for free avatar props on the US dashboard, you can get

-Hover board prop
-Verizon 4G Tablet prop

Edit: Google search makes this seem old but it's the first time i've ever seen this on my xbox, maybe mine is just slow ;-;[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those avatar props are kind of old, but I haven't seen the Verizon ad in quite awhile. There is more slot for another avatar item that has yet to be revealed. I think that last one was the elf back in December. Maybe we'll see the fifth one soon. :)

[quote name='Thatpoorguy']There's a Verizon dashboard ad for free avatar props on the US dashboard, you can get

-Hover board prop
-Verizon 4G Tablet prop

Edit: Google search makes this seem old but it's the first time i've ever seen this on my xbox, maybe mine is just slow ;-;[/QUOTE]

Just found the Verizon ad for the first time also, wouldn't have turned on my xbox if not for this mention of it. Thanks! Free props!

[quote name='silvercobra']Just found the Verizon ad for the first time also, wouldn't have turned on my xbox if not for this mention of it. Thanks! Free props![/QUOTE]

its weird that ad has been around for a while but disappeared for a bit. verizon must have paid to have it spam all the screens this week

[quote name='cashonly']stil, no option to download doritos crash 2[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been released yet. Give it about 12 hours.

[quote name='Rocker_Joseph']Doritos cc2 is live now[/QUOTE]

Jip, got the game.

Sadly you can only play it if you have xbox live gold. :cry:

[quote name='Discus']Jip, got the game.

Sadly you can only play it if you have xbox live gold. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Can you download it online or do you have to get it from the XBOX? I searched and could only find the first (online).

chYqJcF.jpg

Well that's a shame. I guess they want me to pay to play their advertisement.

Apparently Crash Course 2 requires a connection to their servers. The servers are down (or at least Im not able to connect).

I get "an error occurred while connecting to the Doritos Crash Course 2 service. Press A to try again". However, no matter how many times I hit A, I cannot get past the main screen. Just keeps erroring out. *sigh*

[quote name='yatesl']
chYqJcF.jpg

Well that's a shame. I guess they want me to pay to play their advertisement.[/QUOTE]

here in portugal it worked withou GOLD. I download it thru the link! Thanks

[quote name='yatesl']
chYqJcF.jpg

Well that's a shame. I guess they want me to pay to play their advertisement.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's because the game supports online co-op. Either way, I can't seem to be able to get in because it seems like the servers are overloaded right now.

[quote name='Masters_93']Pretty sure it's because the game supports online co-op. Either way, I can't seem to be able to get in because it seems like the servers are overloaded right now.[/QUOTE] or i doesn´t have sigle player anymore,so is gold only. I understood wrong,i was thinking that we can´t download it,but is "we can´t play it" :roll:

[quote name='webkatt']so new xbox simply named "Xbox" will be exactly like this. you need to be online and have gold to play your games[/QUOTE]

The future of gaming... :roll:

>Gold only
>Always on DRM
>Servers down
>Microtransactions, apparently?

THE FIRST WAS 1000000000000X BETTER and don't say ohh it's F2P or oh it's first day so servers are down.

On Crash Course 1's first day everything worked fine and if it didn't for some reason you could still play. and I gladly paid for its DLC.

[quote name='City Hunter']The future of gaming... :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='webkatt']so new xbox simply named "Xbox" will be exactly like this. you need to be online and have gold to play your games[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/06/report-internal-microsoft-memo-outlines-always-on-connectivit/

[quote name='MisterLemon']
>Gold only
>Always on DRM
>Servers down
>Microtransactions, apparently?

THE FIRST WAS 1000000000000X BETTER and don't say ohh it's F2P or oh it's first day so servers are down.

On Crash Course 1's first day everything worked fine and if it didn't for some reason you could still play. and I gladly paid for its DLC.[/QUOTE]

Gold is free (for now)
Code:
http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=94fc999449e39431eaa46da00917c6b71487adbaaa9b7c4e1936ced5a88438b10de5d0ff3b4d2543

I don't have gold, nor do I have an active card at the moment. Free games that aren't free, love xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CodeTrader']The Minecraft - Battle & Beasts (Trial) has a few free skins.

Cave Spider in a Suit
Mandrill Baboon
Rhinoceros
Hippopotamus
Aardvark
Hyena
Bush Baby
Medieval Knight
Steppes Warrior
Cowboy
Imperial French Soldier
Imperial French Soldier (bigger hat)
Native American (woman)
African Warrior (different design)[/QUOTE]

Thanks m8 was unaware of new skins

i have a years of gold banked up from various promos and giveaways. i dislike that you HAVE to have gold for a lot of stuff i think you shouldn't need it for.

but looking towards the future, xbox is going to be the forerunner when testing these features. initially it won't be a requirement to be "always on" but it will be in place. Devs are going to activate this feature under the guise of hotfixes, anti-piracy, etc. eventually it will become the norm; the new online pass. there will be backlash and SP games will receive "Offline patches" (once you're copy is verified as being new and not, 2nd hand). based on how quckly it is adopted it will become the norm for all consoles, maybe except for nintendo...for now

you heard it here folks

[quote name='Discus']I really don't understand microsoft with these kind of things. :wall:[/QUOTE]
Well, they want that you play the second game ofcourse instead of the first game. People who have downloaded it in the past can just redownload it :)

they want you to play CC2--->To play CC2 you have to buy Gold and that's what they want.
Leaving the first Cc1 would mena less gold subscribers in Ms mind.

[quote name='City Hunter']they want you to play CC2--->To play CC2 you have to buy Gold and that's what they want.
Leaving the first Cc1 would mena less gold subscribers in Ms mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is true.

But in my opinion this is just greedy marketing. Trying to make a buck on something that is supposedly to be an advertisement for corn chips.

Microsoft Probably already received a big cheque from Doritos for advertisement space on xbox, and still they want to pick the last pennies out of people there pockets.

[quote name='City Hunter']they want you to play CC2--->To play CC2 you have to buy Gold and that's what they want.
Leaving the first Cc1 would mena less gold subscribers in Ms mind.[/QUOTE]
Don't they require Gold because CC2 has online co-op now?

[quote name='Masters_93']Don't they require Gold because CC2 has online co-op now?[/QUOTE]

Then, like most games, it should only require gold to select that option from the menu, etc.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't get what all the crying is about. It's a FREE online-only game. If you don't want to pay for the online service, you don't get to play. It's not like you paid for the game and then MS slipped the online-only bit in after the fact.

I consider it a bonus for those of us who pay for Live.

But everyone is entitled to everything for free, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back