List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, created a new tw account, and my son reminded me that the old tw account was still on the xbox. I changed the gamertag to match my xbox live name with TW at the end, so now I won't forget LOL

NM that post seems to disappeared that I replied to. For the people that thought it was fixed its not. You can still currently get D and D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads-up, on Wednesday, Fruit Ninja Kinect will have a free add-on called the "Holiday Pack". I'm sure someone will post a link once it's up, but I figured I'd let you guys know in advance.

can we have this thread changed to just show what IS free and not what WAS free? or put the no longer free and the free in separate categories? its tough to read all this now and the red text, to me, makes me think its no longer free. So is there a thread that just keeps up to date free XBL stuff and if something isnt free anymore they just remove it? Cuz its not really important to know what WAS free

Jheesh, I ignore this thread for a couple days (since things have been slow for a while here) and BOOM! I'm amazed the D&D game was still free! Thanks all for the posts past and present!

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']can we have this thread changed to just show what IS free and not what WAS free? or put the no longer free and the free in separate categories? its tough to read all this now and the red text, to me, makes me think its no longer free. So is there a thread that just keeps up to date free XBL stuff and if something isnt free anymore they just remove it? Cuz its not really important to know what WAS free[/QUOTE] I second this!

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']can we have this thread changed to just show what IS free and not what WAS free? or put the no longer free and the free in separate categories? its tough to read all this now and the red text, to me, makes me think its no longer free. So is there a thread that just keeps up to date free XBL stuff and if something isnt free anymore they just remove it? Cuz its not really important to know what WAS free[/QUOTE]

The first post is a wiki, no one bothers to update it though.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']can we have this thread changed to just show what IS free and not what WAS free? or put the no longer free and the free in separate categories? its tough to read all this now and the red text, to me, makes me think its no longer free. So is there a thread that just keeps up to date free XBL stuff and if something isnt free anymore they just remove it? Cuz its not really important to know what WAS free[/QUOTE]

Can I go one further and propose some standards on valuable free content? This used to be a great thread, but it's been cluttered with weak free postings for quite some time.

It used to be that you post:
  • free themes (premium-only, not static)
  • DLC
  • Games

...and that's it.

No gamer pics (especially advertisements...does anybody really get excited about a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich gamerpic just because it's free?)

Is there any interest in setting and holding to something like this? Or has "valuable free content" become so rare that advertising themes and gamerpics is all we have left to fuss about?

I don't mind the posting of gamerpics and themes as long as they're something worthwhile. For example, the recent Turtle Beach Assassin's Creed Revelations gamerpics that released actually have Ezio as a gamerpic. Now that's something I would use. In fact, I am using it. I'm not, however, going to use a picture of a starbucks frappucino or anything along those lines.

Same goes for themes.

I say quit your bitchin'. I'm perfectly fine with the way posts are now. Free stuff is free. You have to read more? Baw. If we only posted the valuable/rare things that were free (would probably mostly be those crappy foreign account things) this thread "would" be very quiet and no where near as active as it is now. So I vote keep it be.

[quote name='Tailswisher']I say quit your bitchin'. I'm perfectly fine with the way posts are now. Free stuff is free. You have to read more? Baw. If we only posted the valuable/rare things that were free (would probably mostly be those crappy foreign account things) this thread "would" be very quiet and no where near as active as it is now. So I vote keep it be.[/QUOTE]

Not bitchin' (or not meaning to). Just tossing out a suggestion to bring more quality, less quantity to this thread.

[quote name='DerKapitan']not 100% sure this is the right place for this, but...

Youtube & SyFy apps for Xbox Live are now up[/QUOTE]

are you in the Preview Program? i thought i read this AM that YouTube was live for the preview program only.

[quote name='DerKapitan']not 100% sure this is the right place for this, but...

Youtube & SyFy apps for Xbox Live are now up[/QUOTE]

Also, the apps for MSN with MSNBC.com, TMZ, TODAY, and iHeartRadio are available now.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Can I go one further and propose some standards on valuable free content? This used to be a great thread, but it's been cluttered with weak free postings for quite some time.

• DLC
  • Games

...and that's it.

No gamer pics (especially advertisements...does anybody really get excited about a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich gamerpic just because it's free?)

Is there any interest in setting and holding to something like this? Or has "valuable free content" become so rare that advertising themes and gamerpics is all we have left to fuss about?[/QUOTE]

It might not be valuable to you, but someone else might appreciate it. People like gamer pics.

Free premium themes and avatar items are rare, so this thread would be quite slow if we only posted those items.

The only things I think that should not be posted here are trailers or demos. Those are always free.

Sure many of the free themes are advertisement based, but some people might like the things that are being advertised. They also don't usually last long, so it's nice to have the heads up to download certain themes before they are gone. Plus some themes are only available in certain countries, so it's nice to know about these other free themes or gamer pics that might not be available in our own region.

I know there have been a few movie based themes that were UK only and they were American movies too. The US had some free Doctor Who standard theme and gamer pics that were quite popular. It wasn't available in other regions.

[quote name='murph17']are you in the Preview Program? i thought i read this AM that YouTube was live for the preview program only.[/QUOTE]

this most recent one, no. I am a proud owner of a now non-functioning green halo:reach disc from last Preview Program tho.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Can I go one further and propose some standards on valuable free content? This used to be a great thread, but it's been cluttered with weak free postings for quite some time.

• DLC
  • Games

...and that's it.

Is there any interest in setting and holding to something like this? Or has "valuable free content" become so rare that advertising themes and gamerpics is all we have left to fuss about?[/QUOTE]

I like free gamer pics, but static themes are rather pointless. You can take any picture and make it your background. But as long as your posting a gamer pic that also has a theme attached to it, might as well post both.

Also Spunky Cola Special for Monday Night Combat is free.

For those who did that "Hyundai Veloster" dashboard promotion awhile back that allowed you to instantly win an avatar shirt, check your e-mails. Not sure if the codes have been given out before today, but I just got my code this morning~ c:

[quote name='Takusho']
For those who did that "Hyundai Veloster" dashboard promotion awhile back that allowed you to instantly win an avatar shirt, check your e-mails. Not sure if the codes have been given out before today, but I just got my code this morning~ c:
[/QUOTE]

But game is avaible yet?

[quote name='ozspeed']But game is avaible yet?[/QUOTE]

Do what? they were talking about an avatar item, not a game. And the shirt codes seem to all be broken giving the message "There is a problem with the offer associated with this code.", No telling if they'll give us new codes or what.

[quote name='Spydir420']Do what? they were talking about an avatar item, not a game. And the shirt codes seem to all be broken giving the message "There is a problem with the offer associated with this code.", No telling if they'll give us new codes or what.[/QUOTE]

Ditto I got all my emails from 12am to just now got all the promo offers but not one single code works.
I bet they aren't done giving them out so hopefully they work within 2 days.

Not meaning to double post but the free avatar item is still going, for the free car
texting TOYOTA YARIS to 32774
thumbm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back