List of Anime for streaming via Netflix on Xbox 360. *AVATAR BOOK 1 now available!*

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It's not that strange. Some people prefer comedy (Desert Punk) or action (Afro Samurai) over pure drama. If someone isn't as drawn to a particular genre, it won't matter how good it is.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say either of those two are good representations of their genre. Desert Punk isn't the best comedy, and Afro Samurai certainly isn't the best action anime. Maybe he just needs to watch something better :D.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Desert Punk is to comedy as a Twinkie is to dessert[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or making fun of me :lol:.

[quote name='the_punisher']I wouldn't say either of those two are good representations of their genre. Desert Punk isn't the best comedy, and Afro Samurai certainly isn't the best action anime. Maybe he just needs to watch something better :D.[/QUOTE]

For example, I LOVE martial arts films, I hate (most) dramas.

A great martial art film is Drunken Master a great drama is Rain Man.

Let's say I have a choice of watching Rain Man or a "lesser" martial arts film like Princess Blade. I'll watch a slightly above average Princess Blade before I'd watch a "widely acclaimed" Rain Man because I like the genre better. It doesn't matter if Princess Blade isn't the best in its own genre or not.

Too bad you are wrong about Utawarerumono, Kirin.;)

I loved Utawarerumono. I watched the anime first and really enjoyed it. Not too long after finishing the anime I found out that it was based off of a visual novel. I ended up getting the Utawarerumono visual novel and completing it. The story in Utawarerumono was good enough for me to experience it twice in a row; I had the same enjoyment that I got from the anime as I did from the visual novel. Maybe it's not for you, but if I am able to enjoy something twice in a row without my enjoyment degrading, then I consider that to be an amazing achievement.

Oh, and I guess this Desert Punk vicious circle is never going to end; actually, I think a lot of anime are like that—it's just everyone going back and forth between saying it's good or it's bad.

[quote name='Razzuel']Too bad you are wrong about Utawarerumono, Kirin.;)

I loved Utawarerumono. I watched the anime first and really enjoyed it. Not too long after finishing the anime I found out that it was based off of a visual novel. I ended up getting the Utawarerumono visual novel and completing it. The story in Utawarerumono was good enough for me to experience it twice in a row; I had the same enjoyment that I got from the anime as I did from the visual novel. Maybe it's not for you, but if I am able to enjoy something twice in a row without my enjoyment degrading, then I consider that to be an amazing achievement.[/QUOTE]

Again, we already know that you like everything, regardless of whether if it's complete ass or not.

Utawarerumono was definitely one of the worst things I watched in '06. It started out with a semi-interesting concept about a man in a mask who had lost his memory, but most of the "plot" soon played second fiddle to the introduction of a new female character every couple of episodes. Of course, these women would fall in love with the main character instantly, had cookie-cutter personalities (as did the rest of the cast), and turned into vulnerable, helpless, retarded mush on a regular basis, for no good reason. Near the end, they pulled some sort of sci-fi angle out of thin air, which never really served a purpose or explained anything. It began as a generic period piece with harem elements, and ended as a chaotic mish-mash of nonsensical ideas and terrible characters, where nothing followed any sort of logical progression anymore. Train wreck. Awful.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Just leave it at that alright? Trying to change each others opinions is like this commercial except less hot.[/QUOTE]
Like this commercial though, we're going to see it a million times again, whether we want to or not.

[quote name='pete5883']Like this commercial though, we're going to see it a million times again, whether we want to or not.[/QUOTE]
otaku nerds sure are fiesty.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']otaku nerds sure are fiesty.[/QUOTE]

Who are you calling a nerd!??!?! If you read my sig, you'd know how wrong you are ;).

nerd.jpg

bread's done
Back