List of Strategy RPG Games

Farny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I may be looking to start hunting after every SRPG in existence, but first, I'll need a list of games in the genre. Please, if you could, add to the list, posting any SRPGs you know of, besides the ones currently on the list, that have been released in North America. That way I'll know 'em when I see 'em. Thanks, and maybe this list will help some other losers out there, too. We're talking grid based games here, folks.

LIST OF SRPGS - ALL CONSOLES

Arc the Lad Collection (Arc the Lad 1/2/3/Arena) (PS1)
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PS2)
Battle Hunter (PS1)
Brigandine (PS1)
Dark Wizard (SCD)
Disgaea (PS2)
Dragon Force (SAT)
Eternal Eyes (PS1)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Fire Emblem (GBA)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA)
Front Mission 3 (PS1)
Front Mission 4 (PS2)
Gladius (PS2, GC, XBOX)
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (PS1)
Kartia (PS1)
La Pucelle (PS2)
Makai Kingdom (PS2)
Master of Monsters (Genesis, PS1)
Ogre Battle (SNES, PS1)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64)
Onimusha Tactics (GBA)
Phantom Brave (PS2)
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (PS1)
Saiyuki: Journey West (PS1)
Shining Force (GEN)
Shining Force II (GEN)
Shining Force III (SAT)
Shining Force CD (SCD)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (GBA)
Shining Force Sword of Hajya (Gamegear)
Stella Deus (PS2)
Tactics Ogre (PS1)
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis (GBA)
Vandal Hearts (PS1)
Vandal Hearts II (PS1)
Vanguard Bandits (PS1)
Warsong (GEN)
X-COM: UFO Defense (PS1, PC)
Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics (GBA)
ZOE: Fist of Mars (GBA)

Thanks for the help, and remember, I'm only looking to add American-released games. I'm sure there are a bunch more that are only in Japan, leave them out, if you could.

? indicates that I've no information about the game, and just added all the games from series' mentioned.

Don't forget the best SRPGS ever, Shining Force I, II, CD and III and 2 GameGear SF.

Arc the lad Collection and TotS

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Saiyuki for PSone.

Also, Langrisser was never released here. Same for Shining Force Gaiden.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I guess I missed the North American release part of the question.

FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS NO fuckING TITLES FROM OUTSIDE THE US!!!! READ THE THREAD!!!! BAHAMUT LAGOON WAS NOT RELEASED HERE!!!

These are missing.
Arc the Lad 1
Arc the Lad 2
Arc the Lad 3
(The above are all in Arc the Lad Collection)
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

Front Mission Alternative was also not released here.

Don't forget front mission 1 was a srpg also. It is the game that got me hooked on them. It was for the JP snes ( cant remember what they call it over there)

Some changes have been made. Thanks for the input. As I said, currently released games in the US only. Thanks.

Gladius (GC, Xbox)
Battle Hunter (PS1)
Master of Monsters (Genesis, PS1)
Shining Force Sword of Hajya (Gamegear)
Brigandine (PS1)
ZOE: Fist of Mars (GBA)

On a stretch, you could say Koudelka is a strategy RPG, at least, it is in the same sense Rhapsody is. Do you count PC games? Dofus is a MMORPG with a battle system similar to Rhapsody.

Also, I don't think Dragon Force 2 was released in the US.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS NO fuckING TITLES FROM OUTSIDE THE US!!!! READ THE THREAD!!!! BAHAMUT LAGOON WAS NOT RELEASED HERE!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, wow. Thanks for the emphasis, although I think "That wasn't a U.S. release." would have sufficed. I'm only making suggestions, and I wasn't aware that Bahamut Lagoon was not a U.S. release.

[quote name='Farny']
Tactics Ogre (PS1, SNES)
[/QUOTE]

The SNES version of Tactics Ogre wasn't released in the US.

I feel I should point out that the Arc the Lad games really require almost no strategy. They may be grid based, which most people equate with strategy, but it's really not like the rest of these games.

Meh, it's not like the NIS games can't be won by just leveling up like crazy and killing everyone with one character.

[quote name='pete5883']I feel I should point out that the Arc the Lad games really require almost no strategy. They may be grid based, which most people equate with strategy, but it's really not like the rest of these games.[/QUOTE]

They're still SRPGS, which was that the OP was looking for.

bread's done
Back