List of Twitters who give away free gaming stuff... via twitter (Free XBLA codes too)

Got Peggle off AceyBongos last night.

You can add @MyPointyHead and @SuperKaylo to the list, co-workers of Acey and the guys always on Inside Xbox UK.

Being subscribed to a lot of YouTube video game reviewers, I heard a lot of negative stuff about FreezeCracker a while ago.

and that has to do with us giving away free stuff out of our own pockets and time how?

regardless, that's a goshdarn shame (it was from being related to the irate gamer oh NO)

seriously can you actually take pretty much any of the piss-quality sheep reviewers on youtube seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, Telltale Games is giving away three free copies of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures (for the PC) sometime between 9am & 9pm PDT.

edit: Congrats on snaggin that 1st copy, seeson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freaking great; it was a lot of fun; we had a lot of assholes join up though, but eh, what can you do

Hope to see you at the next PopCap V1 contest which I should be announcing tomorrow.

[quote name='NoDAK']Today, Telltale Games is giving away three free copies of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures (for the PC) sometime between 9am & 9pm PDT.

edit: Congrats on snaggin that 1st copy, seeson.[/quote]

Thanks! It's for my 2 year old nephew! :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Has anyone here actually scored an XBLA code from Major Nelson? Are the question marks only numbers or could they be letters too?[/quote]

It's always different with him and I hardly ever try for his codes anymore because of him having almost 33,000 followers... But the others on the list a very doable. I've won at least $75 of dlc/xbla games in like 3ish months.

I won a contest on dennya's twitter for Halo Wars LE, so I'm totally down with trying to win stuff on these. Really I follow them because they have a lot of worthwhile tweets, but codes never hurt. Some of them do trivia for the missing letters/numbers and that's entertaining.

[quote name='Geoff Mendicino']let me know if there's anyone else i can add on this list[/quote]

Mr. Geoff, you might wanna add trixie360. She's been giving out a lot of free stuff lately. I even noticed that you won Outrun the other day from her.

I was on Twitter all day today trying to win some of the Hasbro Game Night XBLA codes from the various EA accounts. Didn't win anything, but it was a lot of fun trying.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I was on Twitter all day today trying to win some of the Hasbro Game Night XBLA codes from the various EA accounts. Didn't win anything, but it was a lot of fun trying.[/QUOTE]
Meant to post a reminder here, but somehow forgot (or, maybe I was subconsciously increasing my odds :twisted:).

Anyways, the variety of contests was nice....a little something for everyone. And, I noticed that several of the winners were CAGs.
I got to compete in the anagrams contest ( I won Scrabble!!) and creative writing contest (i.e. the apologies). I missed out on the battleship session and the yahtzee trivia.

[quote name='Wolfkin']@Sega gives free stuff away every friday.[/QUOTE]
I was all set to participate in this Friday's giveaway, until I noticed that the prizes I wanted were actually from last Friday's Sega UK giveaway. Apparently I had read the wrong blog post.

i know last friday they had Sonic Chronicles.. I thought I was all set and I got logged out of twitter just when they put it up. I was rather pissed at my browser.

It's been pretty fun on the twitterverse. I don't know why but I gotten sucked in. Also I have done pretty good withthe giveaways and had links to other sites with giveaways.

And yes... I have scored a MajorNelson code before.

i feel kind bad 'spamming' my twitter feed with contest entries but I've won two contest in the past week so that mitigates it a bit.

[quote name='Sacsquash']I tried twitter a while back, got kinda bored with it. This may re-ignite the flame between me and twitter.

Thanks OP[/quote]

That's why twitter's retention rate is under 40%, people realize once they are there that they don't care what anyone they know is doing haha... but if it is useful for you guys I'm happy, different strokes for different folks.

bread's done
Back