Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='RedvsBlue']One of the highest quality user created levels has been taken down, Azure Palace.

http://kotaku.com/5089481/lbp-moderation-remains-inscrutable-unaccountable

The over-moderation of user generated content is slowly but surely killing this game...[/QUOTE]The problem is that some companies will get really pissed IF they see something too similar, no joke. It's like how YouTube videos get removed for dumb reasons.

Anyway, that's just ONE level out of many, get over it is all I have to say.
[quote name='mguiddy']Stuff like that and the lag kinda makes me regret buying the game 0 day.:cry:[/QUOTE]The only time there's significant lag is when you join a game in progress. Once everyone is together in a game, or you join within the pod, it's smooth.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Anyway, that's just ONE level out of many, get over it is all I have to say.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this is that it is one of the best levels that is available in the game period. Better than some of the in-game/offline levels.

Based off of what I've played and seen of it there was no reason for it to be pulled.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
The only time there's significant lag is when you join a game in progress. Once everyone is together in a game, or you join within the pod, it's smooth.[/quote]
Tell that to me, freaky, socal, and gen. We played several levels Friday night and had lag. Well, I had lag, I guess everyone else did too, maybe not.

Smooth, like tapioca pudding...

[quote name='mguiddy']Tell that to me, freaky, socal, and gen. We played several levels Friday night and had lag. Well, I had lag, I guess everyone else did too, maybe not.

Smooth, like tapioca pudding...[/quote]

I get that ALOT, even when I joined a PSN friend in their pod before going to try a level.

By the way, has anyone else tried the Sonic levels yet? I'm sure there's more than the two or three I've seen, but the ones I've tried already are pretty well made. Green Hill Zone Acts 2 and 3.

They were made by the same person.

I suggest playing them NOW, before Sega asks that these levels be deleted like many of the 'copyrighted' levels were. Personally, I view those kind of levels as tributes and homages to those games and I like playing them. But I guess after the whole Islam/Muslim/whatever thing, Sony doesn't want to take any chances.

However, on the topic of offensive items, has anyone else noticed that the six pointed stars look remarkably similar to the Star Of David? I'm shocked there wasn't some group in an uproar over that(or any of the other clearly stereotyped things I've seen).

If anyone is up for a challenge though, one of my friends on PSN just published the latest version of their level called "Don't Miss The Little Big Bus". It's by a user named Grittz, who I normally get my ass whooped by in GTA IV online. Check it out, as there are at least 3 different ways to get to the end of the level and some interesting(and tough) traps to get by en route to the finish.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I think the single player levels were fun and long enough that I don't feel the need to complain about the lag.[/quote]

But that's not how the game has been billed- we were marketed a game with online multiplayer, and user generated levels to be played over the network.

That doesn't work.

The actual one player game is too short if you don't actually plan on going back and ace all the levels.

It is also frustrating that a lot of the game's levels require the 2-4x items for total completion, and the current online game prevents a lot of those from being done.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Yeah, this game has been a mess since the (botched)launch. The moderation is especially a big issue for me.[/QUOTE]But the game has still sold well and been a lot of fun, so I don't see the problem.

[quote name='mguiddy']Tell that to me, freaky, socal, and gen. We played several levels Friday night and had lag. Well, I had lag, I guess everyone else did too, maybe not.

Smooth, like tapioca pudding...[/QUOTE]When I played on Wednesday or Thursday night, the only problematic lag experienced was when people tried joining in the middle of the game. Once I was in the pod and played other games, it played pretty well with 4 people. MIGHT have been an occassional hiccup, but that's not something out of the ordinary.

The thing is, when you have P2P for online, there WILL be lag no matter what. Just about every game on PSN, XBL, or anything will have lag, unless it's truly an excellent dedicated server (which only big games will use).

If anyone thought LBP was going to be silky smooth right from the get go and were always thinking it, they are delusional IMO. I have played way too many games online and almost everyone had some sort of lag.

[quote name='js1']The problem with this is that it is one of the best levels that is available in the game period. Better than some of the in-game/offline levels.

Based off of what I've played and seen of it there was no reason for it to be pulled.[/QUOTE]People have been banned for XBL for no reason (not everyone, but it happens). Some people get kicked out of things for no reason at all. Moderation is NOT always perfect, that's just how it is.

And anyway, there are tons of awesome levels in LBP, so I don't see what all the fuss is about (and yes, I played it too). People just want another excuse to hate on Sony again.
[quote name='nbballard']But that's not how the game has been billed- we were marketed a game with online multiplayer, and user generated levels to be played over the network.

That doesn't work.

The actual one player game is too short if you don't actually plan on going back and ace all the levels.

It is also frustrating that a lot of the game's levels require the 2-4x items for total completion, and the current online game prevents a lot of those from being done.[/QUOTE]Yes it was said to be played over a network, but was it said to be silky smooth? No, not a single game online is silky smooth with zero lag, it's always there. I knew that way before I bought it. I'm just glad we can actually connect online finally without issues (compared to the beta and when the servers were down).

If you or someone especially doesn't have very good connection, there will be more lag.

I don't know why people take Sony's marketing so seriously? They billed PS2 as the most powerful thing ever and look what happened. They said PS3 games will be 1080p (basically everything) and look at the situation now. Do NOT ever trust marketing/PR. And there's a long list of other things I can mention. IMO, just play games and don't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooth, like tapioca pudding...[/quote]
Ya it was laggy as heck. Still had a god time, the lag was like a good obstacle lol.

in terms of the game selling it's based off of october numbers. it was out for 4 (or 8?) days of that month and sold better than socom that sold the same amount in 2 weeks. c'mon people... use common sense on this one.

Well it sold less than Socom, albeit in only 4 days, but Socom also had the worst launch in the history of video games. LBP should have/could have been a 3 million+ sales game with Nintendo style marketing.

Still, this game is one of the few good games to come out, despite the sales. I think that most people see it as too kiddy for them.

Just beat the story mode. That last level is so HARD, took me forever to beat it but it was worth it to get that nice shiny silver trophy :)

Hey guys, I've got a level out called "Happy Holidays Little Big Planet". (Without the quotations of course). My PSN is the same as my CAG name if you prefer to search by that. Thanks in advance and tell me what you think, either in here or on the built in comments system.

I hope they implement a better system for level sharing (more of a list type). The world thing is nice and all, but after reading this thread and trying to get a peak at some of the levels our members created, all I could search by is the pre-determined keywords = /

I send out some friend requests to find them easier (any maybe some co-op or level testing if anyone's interested in having a 'tester').

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
And anyway, there are tons of awesome levels in LBP, so I don't see what all the fuss is about (and yes, I played it too). People just want another excuse to hate on Sony again.[/QUOTE]

You just had to go down that road didn't you?

Its not even Sony doing this over-moderation its the developer, Media Molecule. The only thing I would criticize Sony about would be that they need to get Media Molecule under control and figure out what the hell is going on because they're going to end up sending their holiday flagship title down the drain if levels are going to disappear so quickly.

The problem is that the game should have had the option to download the user generated levels permanently to your PS3 instead of this streaming garbage.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You just had to go down that road didn't you?

Its not even Sony doing this over-moderation its the developer, Media Molecule. The only thing I would criticize Sony about would be that they need to get Media Molecule under control and figure out what the hell is going on because they're going to end up sending their holiday flagship title down the drain if levels are going to disappear so quickly.

The problem is that the game should have had the option to download the user generated levels permanently to your PS3 instead of this streaming garbage.[/quote]

Sony IS doing the moderation, and you CAN copy user-levels to your "My Planet"

Taken from Kotaku.com ---> Further update: It is indeed Sony who handles the moderation. My apologies to Media Molecule for the misunderstanding.

[quote name='smiggity']Sony IS doing the moderation, and you CAN copy user-levels to your "My Planet"

Taken from Kotaku.com ---> Further update: It is indeed Sony who handles the moderation. My apologies to Media Molecule for the misunderstanding.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I never had any idea that there was a way to copy user generated levels. Guess that's what I get for never reading the instructions.

Oh well, at any rate my original point still stands, the moderation is too arbitrary and over done at this point. They need to A)lighten it a little bit and B)at the very least inform the creator why a level is taken down.

[quote name='QiG']I hope they implement a better system for level sharing (more of a list type). The world thing is nice and all, but after reading this thread and trying to get a peak at some of the levels our members created, all I could search by is the pre-determined keywords = /

I send out some friend requests to find them easier (any maybe some co-op or level testing if anyone's interested in having a 'tester').[/quote]
Press square when you bring up the search to use keywords and you'll get the ability search for any term you want.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']One of the highest quality user created levels has been taken down, Azure Palace.

http://kotaku.com/5089481/lbp-moderation-remains-inscrutable-unaccountable

The over-moderation of user generated content is slowly but surely killing this game...[/QUOTE]

This is utter fucking bullshit. They cannot allow this to happen... this what the game was made for. Where are the MM or Sony Offices responsible? I think there should be a public protest...

Yea sure man. But once the officially make the new trademark, "Play. Create. Share. Moderate" I don't think it will matter if we make a good level or not...

I guess it makes sense, Play > Create > Share, doesn't provide a good loop. Now that they just delete levels at random, it will keep people longer; Play > Create > Share > Moderate > Create > Share > Moderate ect. ect. Can't wait for them to delete my levels, cause I will go ballistic and find their offices and bug them to they agree to give the levels back.

*angry eyes*

I hope they really look at what they're doing and stop this bs moderation. If there is copyright infringement, fine they'll have to comply. But that level was just awesome and they took it down for no reason. Unless there is a valid one, they need to stop it already before it gets really out of control. It's like some mod on a power trip.

So stupid though this whole "copyright infringement" thing though... If I copy your game on my own DVD and called it "My Crazy Fun Game!" and sell it on a street corner, ok, time to receive consequences. But, making a level based on a game is against policy? It's so stupid. I hate this world.

They will destroy LBP if they don't do something quick (IE an apology/explanation, or returning all the deleted levels) it's going to cause the best creators to stop publishing their levels. I have a few levels myself that I don't want to publish in fear of deletion... I don't get WHY they have to DELETE the level though, I understand banning it from being published, but do they really have to DELETE it? That's insane.

They have also deleted "World of Colour!" which is one of my favorites. Haha, I have like 30 hearts and around 8 of them are deleted.

This is pathetic. I don't want an explanation of why they were deleted, I just want them not to. Cause I can already see their explanations, it's going to be something like, "Inappropriate use of the sticker function." or "Not within the EULA guidelines". Cause they don't give a shit, they just don't want to have any problems, so might as well delete it.

*Added* Oh my friggen babies... This level I played 2-3 weeks ago, which involved; burning gays, blowing up homosexuals and had a sticker that says "Kill the gays" plastered all over the level is STILL there... thank god they deleted World of Colour instead!!

I heard these 2 levels ( Azura's Palace and World of Color) were on hold because these levels were temporarily made unavailable pending an evaluation, as it was flagged by some random user. They are taken offline immediately too minimize any further "offensive exposure". From what I understand both of these levels have since then been put back online. It'd be great if Mm took action upon these "griefers" that submit false reports. These types of people make me sick.

Um...that's still bullshit, as they were still removed in the first place.

I've heard though that Azure Palace is back online, though.

Wow, I took a few days off the game to play some other stuff and it looks like I didn't miss anything good, just a lot of bad. It's kind of funny that they were saying that it would improve immediately and then they temporarily delete levels that didn't have anything wrong with them in the first place. They need to fix this crap fast. I'm pretty dissapointed with the whole experience so far.

nice games Darkness... sorry about the whole copy confusion. I was weirded out when I saw ur planet filled with my stuff as well.

also if anyone thinks LBP won't cause you seizures play my new work in progress. you won't come out the same.

[quote name='TC']Is there any place that keeps a list of the best levels?

Do we have a list of CAG designed levels?[/quote]

Not really, but we should make it and instructions on how to search for specific users. I'm sure we could muster a list of excellent levels w/ the name and/or user name.

After finals, I intend on making a more interactive level.. rather than a quick playthrough level... but it's school and quick FPS games for another few weeks.

I will say, I am sick of doing searches and getting 3 pages of "OMG QUICK TROPHIEZ" levels. Those are the levels that need to be removed as spam.... because it's ridiculous.

FYI...hopefully it's ok to post here.

Just bought LBP used/mint at GS last night.
Received the GS costume codes.

The GS folks gave me 3 extra as I was heading to BB for my overdue GOW2 tank.

BB had a bunch of the codes and handed me about 10 (I gave them the three from GS, which they really didn't want but accepted with a chuckle...) Please note the gentleman at BB located the BB codes in the back of the store. I think he got a kick out of the 10+ penny guide titles I pointed out to him...

So the BB codes may still be out there for those that are interested.

[quote name='dyeknom']...
I will say, I am sick of doing searches and getting 3 pages of "OMG QUICK TROPHIEZ" levels. Those are the levels that need to be removed as spam.... because it's ridiculous.[/quote]

Agreed 100% IMO, Sony needs to delete all levels that promise trophies and make it easier to find quality levels.

[quote name='donut']FYI...hopefully it's ok to post here.

BB had a bunch of the codes and handed me about 10 (I gave them the three from GS, which they really didn't want but accepted with a chuckle...) Please note the gentleman at BB located the BB codes in the back of the store. I think he got a kick out of the 10+ penny guide titles I pointed out to him...

So the BB codes may still be out there for those that are interested.[/quote]

The BestBuy codes are the ones hard to come by. Too bad you didn't hang on to some. :cry:

So the BB codes may still be out there for those that are interested.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any left?

So the BB codes may still be out there for those that are interested.[/quote]
Are they the cdes for the costume or the cods for the theme? BB had two different codes - I am going to guess its a code for the theme. Either way - nice!

[quote name='fuss']Are they the cdes for the costume or the cods for the theme? BB had two different codes - I am going to guess its a code for the theme. Either way - nice![/quote]

Pickles, they are all for the custom theme.
Any chance someone could post a pic of the one for costume? I will call and ask "Jimmy" if they have any of those and pick them up for myself and folks here.

Would some of you send me some friend requests? I need some help getting all of the stuff in the x2 sackboy portions. No one else on my current list has the game. Thanks!

PSN ID: ChurchofLeet

The newest upcoming costumes have been revealed:

You may have remembered us mentioning, that we will be giving away a FREE LBP downloadable costume once a week. Well, beginning this Thursday, you will be able to dress your SackBoy or SackGirl with a brand new “Sack-in-the-Box” costume! This costume was designed by “nebu1ou5″ from Rydal, PA, the US winner of the “LittleBigChallenge 003- Official in-game SackBoy Costume Contest”. Congratulations to nebu1ou5! Take a look at the original sketch and the final in-game costume below.

On top of this, fans of the quirky world of LocoRoco will be happy to hear that new LocoRoco-themed SackBoy costumes will be available for download at the PlayStation Store as well. What better way to gear up for the release of LocoRoco 2? All five costumes will be available beginning on November 20 and will be a mere $2.99 for ALL FIVE! Take a look …

As you can tell, LBP has lots to offer fans EVERY WEEK. Please check back again next week for the latest downloadable items for LittleBigPlanet. See you online!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/18/littlebigplanet-weekly-download-update/

I have to say that I didn't think of Loco Roco being a possible choice for costumes. I'm looking forward to seeing some Patapon costumes coming in the future. Didn't know that they pledged to have one free costume a week, so that's good news.

bread's done
Back