Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']WOW did you really just come in the LBP thread and hate on LBP ? That is even worse than the people going in the Halo:Reach thread and saying stuff like "Galo" "CoD FTW"

P.S. fuck Off :cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Grow up, it's a discussion, not a circle-jerk gathering. Also comparing my post to childish one-lined bashing ones really shows your level of intelligence.

[quote name='icedrake523']That wouldn't be so bad if you could use the D-pad instead of the control stick. I really don't need to change Sackboy's facial expressions.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I wish I could use the d-pad over the stick any day! Another thing I hope they fix in the sequel is the "floaty" jumping. Overall, I had fun with the LBP until I got to the third to last level with "The Bunker" the Wheel of Death was a major pain with the "floaty" jumping but, I got past it after about ten tries and finally beat the game.

[quote name='nbballard']I thought that had less to do with controls, and more to do with the game assuming that you wanted to land on ledges or platforms near your jump.

Either way, as much as I love lbp that was something I had to play around, which is never a good thing.[/QUOTE]

The floaty jumping sucked, but I hate using the analog stick in a 2D game (Smash Bros being the only exception). I feel I can be more precise with the D-pad and it'd have been so much easier to change your depth on the level with the D-pad instead of the analog stick.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Exactly! I wish I could use the d-pad over the stick any day! Another thing I hope they fix in the sequel is the "floaty" jumping. Overall, I had fun with the LBP until I got to the third to last level with "The Bunker" the Wheel of Death was a major pain with the "floaty" jumping but, I got past it after about ten tries and finally beat the game.[/QUOTE]

That level was a pain in the ass. I have no idea how I'm going to ace it.

[quote name='icedrake523']

That level was a pain in the ass. I have no idea how I'm going to ace it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I would say pure dumb luck, cause I was perfect in the level until that point and would lose all my lives at the very bottom. I would say it would just take lots of practice if you have the patience.

I don't understand all the hate the controls get, they're different and that's not a bad thing. I managed to ace every level pretty effortlessly, you just need to suck less.

I've been excited for LBP2 recently. But, I'm starting to think I wont go so crazy on the creation front. It was fun for what it was back at release, but there is no way I can compete with the amount of crazy abilities a lot of people have now. The sheer technical talent and creative contraptions is insane. I'll probably sit this one out and just make some smaller/easier levels.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I've been excited for LBP2 recently. But, I'm starting to think I wont go so crazy on the creation front. It was fun for what it was back at release, but there is no way I can compete with the amount of crazy abilities a lot of people have now. The sheer technical talent and creative contraptions is insane. I'll probably sit this one out and just make some smaller/easier levels.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I am not creative enough and will most likely not be able to grasp and manipulate the creation features well enough to have a level that stands out. I will probably just stick to DLing other people's levels and going "I wish I could make something this sweet" but not being able to. :drool:

Can't wait for LBP2 though, this thing will have a MASSIVE online community.

I honestly haven't messed with LBP's creation options. I only garnered 30% of the prize bubbles during my play-through, anyway, and then lost it all when LBP was the one game whose save I couldn't copy to a memory stick when I had to send in my PS3 for repairs. I haven't gone back to it, though I want to.

I have always been an incredibly creative person, but I also legitimately have ADD. Thus, the creation processes in games like Forza and LBP amaze me, but I never seem to have the patience to complete a project. If I was working with a group, that would be different.

[quote name='Scorch']LBP2 was just delayed until January.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
I'm secretly happy about this. Too much stuff was coming out in November. I was going to have to choose between playing this or AC:Bh.

[quote name='Scorch']LBP2 was just delayed until January.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
YES! THANK GOD! I was so worried about all the games that were going to be coming out this fall. Now I don't gotta worry about shit!

I'm the exact opposite, LBP2 was the only game I was looking forward to in November but in January I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2 PS3, Dead Space 2, and Portal 2 in early February.

I'm a bit glad about this. I almost feel like Sony did this on purpose to spread out their big games a bit more. Having LBP2 and GT5 ship in novemember likely could have affected sales of either. I know I'd want both and I'm sure many others too.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']I'm the exact opposite, LBP2 was the only game I was looking forward to in November but in January I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2 PS3, Dead Space 2, and Portal 2 in early February.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking forward to January releases too- but my budget is wide open after Xmas.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']YES! THANK GOD! I was so worried about all the games that were going to be coming out this fall. Now I don't gotta worry about shit![/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. Between mid-late August (Madden; Metroid) and the end of the year, there are close to 30 games coming out between the 3 consoles that I want. With LBP being such a time sink, it's better for me to play it later.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Kind of wish this game were still coming out this year. That latest trailer on the Sony blog really makes me want this game.

Still no beta access... you'd think having the #1 level on LBP1 would qualify you for a early beta code. Apparently it is easier getting into the White House President dinners than getting into the LBP2 beta.

If I have LBP right now, and I borrow my friend's LBP: Game of the Year Edition for one weekend, will I get to keep the extra content after I return the game?

[quote name='nbballard']Just got my beta invite. Keep your eyes open, folks![/QUOTE]

Got my LBP2 Private Beta invite today too, and it also comes with a free LBP1 costume add-on. Dunno if they're doing them randomly since I don't remember signing up for it. I'm not a PS+ or Qore subscriber either, but I was in LBP1 Closed Beta.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Got my LBP2 Private Beta invite today too, and it also comes with a free LBP1 costume add-on. Dunno if they're doing them randomly since I don't remember signing up for it. I'm not a PS+ or Qore subscriber either, but I was in LBP1 Closed Beta.[/QUOTE]

I think I remember reading that all LBP1 closed beta testers automatically get the LBP2 closed beta also.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I was in the LBP beta so hopefully I get in. It comes by email right?[/QUOTE]
Don't know. They said it was going to be based on a combination of things, ranging from player activity in LBP1, DLC purchases, PS+ access, etc.

I have PS+, was in the LBP1 beta, and I own about 70% of the DLC.

Yea everyone should have received their beta invites now.

The NA beta is complete garbage though as of now. Incredibly laggy, buggy and 80% of the community levels don't work. I heard NA is on an earlier build than the UK one, so hopefully we get the fix.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea everyone should have received their beta invites now.

The NA beta is complete garbage though as of now. Incredibly laggy, buggy and 80% of the community levels don't work. I heard NA is on an earlier build than the UK one, so hopefully we get the fix.[/QUOTE]
Yea- it's super crappier than the LBP1 beta ever was.

It's crashed my ps3 at least 3 times.

hey guys i just got a lb2 beta invite and wanted to ask can i gameshare this with my friend? or is it locked to only being playable on the user name it was redeemed on?

[quote name='vic_x51']hey guys i just got a lb2 beta invite and wanted to ask can i gameshare this with my friend? or is it locked to only being playable on the user name it was redeemed on?[/QUOTE]

I do believe you can gameshare it.

Any LBP1 and 2 gameshares going on that need another person? I finally got a copy and Im looking to get more DLC. Also if anyone wants to share their beta with me I would love you forever, plus we might be able to work out some sort of exchange.

I really wanted to like LBP 2 after skipping the first one but every trailer i see for the game makes me not want to buy it. Hopefully i can try the beta and have it prove me wrong but i doubt it.

bread's done
Back